Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,302
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#437308 May 3, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
Today at High Schools around Florida, Christian student groups will be giving out Bibles.
At the same schools, secular humanist groups will be giving out humanist literate at High Schools as well.
Isn't freedom great.
My hope is that some day humans will shed religion and learn that the freedom to think without theologians being allowed to confuse the thinking, it is a gift that one gives the self.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437309 May 3, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Really is that what you think about when you take communion that it's the literal body and blood of Jesus?
I think about his sacrifice on the cross and thank him.
And what was nailed to the cross?
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437310 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says .
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Question ...
If you are not symbolically sacrificing JESUS each time you practice
transubstantiation
WHERE DOES THE FLESH AND BLOOD COME FROM ..THAT YOU SUPPOSEDLY EAT AND DRINK...
Comes from Jesus, duh. Who else?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#437311 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
As her following poem indicated ... from a very early age my daughter wanted to leave the earth and her body. She had three major operations by the time she was seven years of age ... and neither her emotional, nor her physical suffering was going to end ... so she ended it herself.
She believed she was going to the "light."
If takes a cold-hearted person to harshly judge those who commit suicide.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
With The Eagle.
I long with the eagle, on swift silent wing
To glide o’er the earth and of freedom to sing
Released from the bonds of this earthbound plight
To master the grace of his effortless flight
To ravish the glorious sunrise unfurled
From high on a cliff, at the top of the world
To observe far below, life’s dramas unfold
To hold in your grasp nature’s mysteries untold
Silence descends as day draws to a close
Westward the sun hangs in hazy repose
Suspended within a rosy-hued sky
The eagle is solemn, with watchful eye
Though my body be bound by earthly ties
In mind and spirit with the eagle I rise
To ponder the drama of life far below
Wild and free with the eagle I go
so sorry to hear about your daughter,you have my deepest sympathies,wish i could do or say something to help you.

Terrace, Canada

#437312 May 3, 2013
Not once by anyone in my childhood was I given the impression that I could ask if it was possible that a god didn't exist.

My parents were very kind to me, but I knew that they both put all their faith in the idea that the universe was indeed created.

I never thought to even entertain the idea that it was just possible the universe never had a beginning, but rather always existed.

Such was the religious culture in which I was raised.

Now that I am out of religion, I can ask those questions, knowing that, and being comfortable with, the idea that I don't know the answers.

What a relief.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#437313 May 3, 2013
Love is the most necessary of all virtues. Love in the person who preaches the word of God is like fire in a musket. If a person were to throw a bullet with his hands, he would hardly make a dent in anything; but if the person takes the same bullet and ignites some gunpowder behind it, it can kill. It is much the same with the word of God. If it is spoken by someone who is filled with the fire of charity- the fire of love of God and neighbor- it will work wonders."
-St. Anthony Mary Claret

Terrace, Canada

#437314 May 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>so sorry to hear about your daughter,you have my deepest sympathies,wish i could do or say something to help you.
Thank you. I am totally at peace that her suffering is over. That is what is most important to me.

At her memorial I spoke on how I believed in the love of "god."

Now, I believe that if a god exists, the god is not merciful and not loving. So I make no more excuses to defend ridiculous dogma.

I just hope she's at peace as are all others that die natural deaths, or from suicide or murder ... and leave it that way.

I create peace in my own way ... no theological nonsense allowed.

Terrace, Canada

#437315 May 3, 2013
Guessing about issues we don't understand is philosophy.

Theologians try to maintained they don't philosophize, but rather tell truth that they have solved the mysteries that science could never solve.

They missed their calling. They should have been comedians.

Terrace, Canada

#437316 May 3, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
Love is the most necessary of all virtues. Love in the person who preaches the word of God is like fire in a musket.
:)

What you really DESIRE is for people to join your brand of religion, and perceive the issues just as you perceive them. Then your world would be aglow in the light of your own salvation.

Nauseating blather.

Terrace, Canada

#437317 May 3, 2013
Theologians have taught the most horrible dogmas and got away with it ... just because people were impressed by the word "theologian."
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437318 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
How do/can you eat the literal Flesh of Jesus and drink His literal blood...
When the Bible says..flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God
1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
After His resurrection ...Jesus was/is no longer flesh and blood...
In our resurrection we will not have flesh and blood as we do now..
The Bible says...
Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
Php 3:21 ===> Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
___
1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear,
==>we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
The flesh and Blood that Jesus said we would drink is symbolized by communion, and received as a memorial/celebration of His death and resurrection...
I neither saves us no does it keep us saved...
If we receive it unworthily we drink damnation unto our selves...
because we do not discern the Lord's body.
Did not Jesus appear to the disciples after His Resurrection and eat with them? Did not Thomas put his fingers into His side? Hard to do if Jesus no longer had a body.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437319 May 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
That word salvation is all about your greed to perceive your self as "special."
If you believed that YOU were going to be rejected by the supposed god, no doubt you would reject your own religion.
Yet you want me to believe that if I join your religion, you and I will attain salvation and other "evil" people will burn in hell.
I find your belief repulsive and exceedingly self-serving ... at the expense of others.
NO THANK YOU!

You don't understand. God, Who is our Father, rejects NO ONE. He has made a way that the worst of us might be redeemed. We can reject Him, He does not reject us.

Jesus said that Hell was prepared for the devil. If any humans wind up there, it will be because they refused Truth (Jesus) and Love (God IS love).

We are ALL special because He created us.

You infer that you are better (smarter) than us 'religious' folk. Upon what do you base that worth...it is what is called
'self-righteousness'. Are you really better than us because of your 'belief' in YOURSELF?

Think about that one. At least our worth is not based upon feeling that we are smarter than everyone else. Our value is based upon the GIFT of righteousness from One Who IS righteousness. And even when we fail, He forgives us and cleans us up again.(No, we don't know it all; that is why we depend on HIS love and wisdom to 'save' us.)

KayMarie

Terrace, Canada

#437320 May 3, 2013
All the theologians had to say was "This is a holy, just war, so God wants you to kill the enemy of God" ... and the people had complete faith that the "god" wanted them to kill other humans.

One just has to study the history of religion to observe how ignorant and arrogant are humans.

No doubt many read the following words and picked up their weapons of mass destruction to do the bidding of the "god" ... not thinking past the end of their noses that men with hate in their hearts and brains wrote those words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Terrace, Canada

#437321 May 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
You don't understand. God, Who is our Father, rejects NO ONE.
Don't be so stupid. Your own religion teaches the opposite.

For instance ... the wicked evil people are not loved by "god."

All that supposed love is for ever-so-holy YOU, as you suck it to yourself, as does a baby nursing on a bottle of milk.

You fool!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437322 May 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" Not once by anyone in my childhood was I given the impression that I could ask if it was possible that a god didn't exist.
My parents were very kind to me, but I knew that they both put all their faith in the idea that the universe was indeed created.
I never thought to even entertain the idea that it was just possible the universe never had a beginning, but rather always existed.
Such was the religious culture in which I was raised.
Now that I am out of religion, I can ask those questions, knowing that, and being comfortable with, the idea that I don't know the answers.
What a relief.

And what was the source of an eternal universe? Where does it end? Most important: WHAT KEEPS IT WORKING?

KayMarie

Terrace, Canada

#437323 May 3, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not Jesus appear to the disciples after His Resurrection and eat with them? Did not Thomas put his fingers into His side? Hard to do if Jesus no longer had a body.
According to believers "Jesus" appeared in a river in Japan, in home-made pizza, in mirrors, in heaven (near death experiences) in Catholic confessionals, in linoleum, in the bark of a tree, and anywhere else imagination chose to travel.

Terrace, Canada

#437324 May 3, 2013
And what was the source of an eternal universe? Where does it end? Most important: WHAT KEEPS IT WORKING?
KayMarie
I don't know, and after all of your endless preaching ... neither do you.

Terrace, Canada

#437325 May 3, 2013
From my perception electrical energy keeps the universe functioning. Other than that, I am in the dark concerning even perception of answers.

I don't have any.

Terrace, Canada

#437326 May 3, 2013
We can discuss the big-bang theory, or the theory that the universe was created by an all-knowing deity, or the theory that the universe always existed ... but the fact is ... we don't know ... period.

Terrace, Canada

#437327 May 3, 2013
Note the word gods, as in plural.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Religion

"respect for what is sacred, reverence for the gods,"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Religion

To hold, therefore, that there is no difference in matters of religion between forms that are unlike each other, and even contrary to each other, most clearly leads in the end to the rejection of all religion in both theory and practice. And this is the same thing as atheism, however it may differ from it in name.[Pope Leo XIII, Immortale Dei, 1885]

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Married in 8,693
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 14 hr Cat74 11
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 16 hr kent 83,896
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web