Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,073)

Showing posts 421,441 - 421,460 of532,130
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

yes ..did you speak about real dala lama..look old Himalaya history..is there something unusual ..in reality yes..ye heavenly secret..maybe someone from outside our space..are you for sure dala lama don't have contact with that..

Be very careful when you speaking about deference..because Jesus Christ is biggest one no other name upon his name..
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Abundantly true.
Please cite evidence to the contrary.
Heretics abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the Flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ." St. Ignatius of Antioch ("Epistle to the Smyrneans," c. 105 A.D.)

"The bread and the wine of the Eucharist before the holy invocation of the adorable Trinity were simple bread and wine, but the invocation having been made, the bread becomes the Body of Christ and the wine the Blood of Christ." St. Cyril of Jerusalem ("Catechetical Lectures," 350 A.D.)

Dan, see how long it took you change from just believing because Jesus said so and then to it needing a invocation? There is a reason many don't believe what you say, it changes.

17After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said,“Take this and divide it among you. 18For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”

19And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying,“This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

20In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Yet the pope is known as "the bishop of Rome.

Just a change of a word here and there creates a whole new spin-off in another direction.

And people with their brains in binders, and blinder on, follow the twists and turns.
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Jesus instituted a visible Church. It's in the Bible. The one you exhort us all to read. That one.
1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1 Corinthians 3:17
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Aretha123 wrote:
The salvation of Christians, those inside or outside the "True Church", whatever this may be, depends on the all-good, allwise and all-powerful God, who acts in the Church but also through other "ways." God's saving grace is also channelled outside the Church. It cannot be assumed that salvation is denied them.
If this supposed god is above human ability to know, why are you making statements on the supposed god's behalf.

Why are you so arrogant as to presume that you know?

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1 Corinthians 3:17
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1 Corinthians 12:27
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
A bible cannot verify that it is true.

Do you believe the Qur'an is based on truth?
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
did you read the part,'do this in remembrance of me'?
We are to remember His sacrifice, not re-sacrifice Him.
I read your quotes Regina, we are your same heretics today as we were back then, we don't believe in the real presense the way you do.
Marge, they think they are under the old covenant where they must continually sacrifice for redemption

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/e...

"THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true...

... The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible...

... The document shows how far the Catholic Church has come since the 17th century, when Galileo was condemned as a heretic for flouting a near-universal belief in the divine inspiration of the Bible by advocating the Copernican view of the solar system. Only a century ago, Pope Pius X condemned Modernist Catholic scholars who adapted historical-critical methods of analysing ancient literature to the Bible ...

... They say the Church must offer the gospel in ways “appropriate to changing times, intelligible and attractive to our contemporaries”.

... Such an approach is dangerous, for example, when people of one nation or group see in the Bible a mandate for their own superiority, and even consider themselves permitted by the Bible to use violence against others.”
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

we never say jew..no..we say zid..even that why yewish reject Jesus..we as believers not reject him..this is problem for you..he is foundation of Christianity..if yew not liked we not care so what..
As well we never say this or that 'We say;' who is real?'

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Who is a Jew?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lists of Jews

Denominations[show]
Orthodox • Conservative
Reform • Reconstructionist
Liberal • Karaite • Humanistic
Renewal • Alternative

"Who is a Jew?" is a basic question about Jewish identity. The question has gained particular prominence in connection with several high-profile legal cases in Israel since the founding of the Jewish state in 1948.

The definition of who is a Jew varies according to whether it is being considered by Jews for self-identification or by non-Jews for their own particular purposes. As Jewish identity can include characteristics of an ethnicity and of a religion, the definition of who is a Jew has varied, depending on whether a religious, sociological, or ethnic aspect was being considered. This article is concerned with Jewish self-identification issues.

According to the simplest definition used by Jews for self-identification, a person is a Jew by birth, or becomes one through religious conversion. However, there are differences of opinion among the various branches of Judaism in the application of this definition, including:

Mixed parentage: i.e. whether a person of certain mixed Jewish and non-Jewish parentage should be considered Jewish.
Conversion: i.e. what process of religious conversion should be considered valid.
Life circumstances issues: i.e. whether a person's actions (such as conversion to a different religion) or circumstances in his or her life (such as being unaware of Jewish parentage) should affect his or her Jewish status.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your quotes Regina, we are your same heretics today as we were back then, we don't believe in the real presense the way you do.
Marge, we do not "re-sacrifice" Jesus.

The early Church believed in the Real Presence.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what you think about the Eucharist. It only matters what was taught. And what you 'think' was not taught. Plain and simple.
You're a sweet ol lady. That's why God still loves you. So don't take advantage of His infinite love and mercy by attempting to undo what Jesus Christ taught.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This might be a case like Cardinal Newman, a brilliant 19th century theologian who set out to write a book to debunk Catholicism 'once and for all'. He was halfway through and he tossed it to the ground and converted to the Catholic faith- leaving his family and friends behind.
Maybe Marge realized part way thru, that the Apostle Paul believed the bread and wine to be "the Body and Blood of the Lord"
1Corinthians 11:27
Really is that what you think about when you take communion that it's the literal body and blood of Jesus?

I think about his sacrifice on the cross and thank him.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, they think they are under the old covenant where they must continually sacrifice for redemption
It's the same one and only god, so unless he changed the covenant, and said "There's a new one specifically for Catholics," the covenant must be the same.

Silly dogmas.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

see je-wish..read old books ..you have 3x wish then finish very interesting satan liked split everything..

We as Christian both Orthodox and Catholic have bread if they are in tradition cooking bread on deference way
not to much deference..Did Jewish people talking about bread..yes they are in old testament..
'kvasni kruh' bread..see..others Christian followers not deference between each other in church ceremony..

you speaking about togetherness..how you call your brothers and sisters in reality they have head..leader ..in church they have head=they not going change that as well as you have mother and father brothers and sisters in your family..
We as believers on massive scale have only one thing Jesus Christ name..then how you going call that.

Your sight for prayers is within you.
Others religion then Christan speaking about sight within..
You say Muslim..no Muslim religion never say Jesus Christ not exist as well they say about his mother much more..what they say about him he is prophet..
What we say as Catholic as well Christan..
What they say about me..they say Elijah.. prophet this or that..
you are Christ=we as Catholic confess our religion simple like that..we confess our sin..because only reason to his coming toward us ..is reason we are sinners..why you think you are better?
Where is that place ..for gathering people make and choose place which we Catholic as well Christians call church..but you you fill that in your heart and mind it is your power within.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Observe the Catholics and Protestants fighting over whose rituals will or will not please the god of the Jews.

Nuttier than fruitcakes.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, we do not "re-sacrifice" Jesus.
The early Church believed in the Real Presence.
The Bible says .

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Question ...

If you are not symbolically sacrificing JESUS each time you practice

transubstantiation

WHERE DOES THE FLESH AND BLOOD COME FROM ..THAT YOU SUPPOSEDLY EAT AND DRINK...
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what you think about the Eucharist. It only matters what was taught. And what you 'think' was not taught. Plain and simple.
You're a sweet ol lady. That's why God still loves you. So don't take advantage of His infinite love and mercy by attempting to undo what Jesus Christ taught.
That was very touching Clay, but Marge was quoting what Jesus taught....
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says .
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Question ...
If you are not symbolically sacrificing JESUS each time you practice
transubstantiation
WHERE DOES THE FLESH AND BLOOD COME FROM ..THAT YOU SUPPOSEDLY EAT AND DRINK...
Amen sister!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Jesus court..no Jesus know that your leaders represent many tribe people and nation..is weapons and production of that stop since very primitive tribe come..no..then your court not worthy for me as well your law..its human side who can and who can't ..heavenly is deference..but you need know even like that its way how you going control people as well what you did not what is much more exist..see..please tell me why people call 'liar from beginning'..
tell me why i am wrong..
existence for your rights for life life of your family people tribe nation exist even on very brutal way..now you need teach somebody else not me..

explain..'liar from beginning'

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 421,441 - 421,460 of532,130
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 min Married in 8,118
More 7 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 12 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 17 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••