Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,070)

Showing posts 421,381 - 421,400 of530,007
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up people.
We have.

Contraceptions not only help control over-population, but also controls unnecessary health expenses.

Those who think differently, well, appear to want both of these to occur.

Which one is your favorite?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. All of the first Christians believed it and the non-Christians did not,
nope, we believed and celebrated communion.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

who="June VanDerMark"
YEAH RIGHT. Jesus loves Christians! Jesus turned his back on his Jews ... just for you.
That's quite a story if you can "slide" it by.
:)

Read the TRUTH. The first several thousand Christians were Jews. The first 'board of deacons' was Jewish, as was the first Christian pastor (Jesus).

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
TURNED HIS BACK ON THE JEWS?!?!
more like He bore His back to a brutal whipping before He willingly opened His arms so they could be nailed to a tree for the Jews, for you, me and everyone else who will simply believe!
you're listening to the wrong spirit, June:)
"He came to His own, but they received Him not"
Had Jesus lived, according to the theology he would have turned his back on his "faithful" Jews to leave them high and dry by starting the Catholic religion.

Stupid stuff in deed.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"
Read the TRUTH. The first several thousand Christians were Jews. The first 'board of deacons' was Jewish, as was the first Christian pastor (Jesus).
KayMarie
The first Christians were ALL Jews ... the traitors to the Jewish religion ... the Catholics.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Are you black? The blacks who claim to be avenging Travon Martin are no better than the white plantation owners who once enslaved them.
White people have learned, and have made strides toward helping black people.(Did you ever hear of affirmative action?)
I never owned a slave. I never even frowned on one. My family has never mistreated one.
How can REASONABLE black people justify the current black-on-white violence that goes on today.(Read: White Girl Bleed A Lot).
KayMarie
No, I am not black. I am white.

Hate results in more hate. The whites started the hate against the blacks by enslaving them and treating them in horrible ways.

So the hate from one race against the other keeps on going.

Beside that ... whites hate whites and blacks hate blacks.

There's enough hate in humans to keep hate going forever.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was born a Jew to Jewish parents, He is called the "KING OF THE JEWS".
King of the Jews was a made up story as were all the others ... However "king of the Jews" does not mean "king of the Catholics."

Silly stuff!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay"
They get zapped when they do their alter call and misuse their grace from God, thinking they were just called by Him to preach the Bible and form a Christianity based on that. But what's the first thing they do after the euphoria of the alter call subsides? Trash the Catholic Church. That's a red flag that the 'Bible only' route is letting unholy influence dictate their new religion.
-Baptism eliminated
-Eucharist mocked and re- taught to mean opposite of what Christ taught.
-Confession mocked and eliminated.
-The Mother of Jesus Christ reduced to 'any ol lady that happened to say yes' if it wasn't her, it would have been someone else down the street.(I'm sure Jesus likes to hear that one)
-faith + works reduced to just 'faith'.
-scripture alone.
I'll stop there. But seriously, the fruits of demonic influence can be seeing. Contraception, abortion and same sex marriage are synonymous with Protestantland. Its started with a couple lies from Luther and blew up into a chaotic doctrinal mess.

Clay, you are scary. I fear for one that will mock other Christians just because they don't see it their way. Protestants in general LOVE GOD, they love holiness, and they worship God, not a man.

'Christian' is exemplified by loving kindness. Love your enemies certainly is not characterized by hateful name calling, and mockery.

Please show more respect for HIM, even if you disagree with people.

KayMarie

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

you said: "It always bothered me that the theologians couldn't agree on dogmas, yet always claimed to know the answers."
You don't agree with any of them...but you claim to know the answers.
KM
I don't agree that theologians know the answers, because I know that I don't know the answers.

I don't profess to be a fortune-tellers as do theologians.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
nope, we believed and celebrated communion.
Marge, "you" didn't exist until the reformation.

THE EUCHARISTST

"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire His blood, which is love incorruptible." St. Ignatius of Antioch ("Epistle to the Romans," c. 105 A.D.)

"Heretics abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the Flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ." St. Ignatius of Antioch ("Epistle to the Smyrneans," c. 105 A.D.)

"Not as common bread nor common drink do we receive these; but as we have been taught, the food which has been made into the Eucharist by the Eucharistic prayer set down by Him, and by the change of which our blood and flesh is nourished, is both the Flesh and Blood of that incarnated Jesus." St. Justin Martyr ("First Apology," c. 150 A.D.)

"If the Lord were from other than the Father (and thus capable of performing miracles), how could He rightly take bread, which is of the same creation as our own, and confess it to be His Body and affirm that the mixture in the cup is His Blood? When, therefore, the mixed cup (wine and water) and the baked bread receives the Word of God and becomes the Eucharist, the Body of Christ, and from these the substance of our flesh is increased and supported, how can they say that the flesh is not capable of receiving the gift of God, which is nourished by the Body and Blood of the Lord, and is in fact a member of Him?" St. Irenaeus ("Against Heresies," 189 A.D.)

"He (St. Paul) threatens, moreover, the stubborn and forward and denounces them, saying 'Whosoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily is guilty of the Body and Blood of the Lord'(1 Corinthians 11:27). All these warnings being scorned and condemned (lapsed Christians will often take Communion) before their sin is expiated, before confession has been made of their crime, before their conscience has been purged by sacrifice and by the hand of the priest, before the offense of an angry and threatening Lord has been appeased,(and so) violence is done to His Body and Blood; and they sin now against their Lord more with their hand and mouth than when they denied the Lord." St. Cyprian of Carthage ("The Lapsed," 251 A.D.)

"He Himself, therefore, having declared and said of the Bread,'This is My Body,' who will dare any longer to doubt? And when He Himself has affirmed and said,'This is My Blood,' who can ever hesitate and say It is not His Blood? Do not, therefore, regard the bread and wine as simply that, for they are, according to the Master's declaration, the Body and Blood of Christ. Even though the senses suggest to you the other, let faith make firm. Do not judge in this matter by taste, but be fully assured by faith, not doubting that you have been deemed worthy of the Body and Blood of Christ." St. Cyril of Jerusalem ("Mystagogic," c. 350 A.D.)

"The bread and the wine of the Eucharist before the holy invocation of the adorable Trinity were simple bread and wine, but the invocation having been made, the bread becomes the Body of Christ and the wine the Blood of Christ." St. Cyril of Jerusalem ("Catechetical Lectures," 350 A.D.)

"Perhaps you may be saying:'I see something else; how can you assure me that I am receiving the Body of Christ?' It but remains for us to prove it. And how many are the examples we might use! Christ is in that Sacrament, because It is the Body of Christ." St. Ambrose ("The Mysteries," 390 A.D.)
http://www.catholic-defense.com/euchrst2.htm

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

who="jethro8" i see no harm inthat if the woman is going to have the abortion no matter what,why not use the cells,the baby in a way is helping man kind even thoughhe/she will not be able to enjoy it's benefits
She shouldn't have the abortion to start with...
Why not ... when your "god" commits abortions. The proof of god's murder in the womb is when fetuses come out of the as dead babies???

He taught women that abortion was a holy cause. What a dirty trick for a god to play on expectant parents.

tongue-in-cheek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

who="Clay"
Let me give you an example: up until 1930, all of Christianity was against the use of contraption, believing that God is the author of life and we should not prevent life from entering into this world. Sex is the method that God has for bringing life into existence. Therefore, it should only be done within the sacrament of Holy Matrimony by a man and woman, who formed a covenant bond that should not be broken. Contraception has opened the doors to recreational sex outside of marriage.
This is the world that Protestantism has condoned by forming their own Christianity based on what they interpret in the Bible. This is what happens when you remove the Church.
Less than 100 yrs later, not one Protestant sect opposes contraception and countless others redefined Marriage to allow same sex couples.
Jr high students are given condoms and sex is taught as being ok to do before marriage.
Wake up people.

You need to know something. The 'pill' showed up in the middle of last century, but contraception was no stranger. My mom and dad had fifteen children; they opposed contraception. Mom had German measles during one of her pregnancies, and the family doctor offered an abortion (over 70 years ago). My parents decided to trust God, and my sister is quite well today.

My parents were God-fearing PROTESTANTS.

But lots of folk we knew used some of the known contraceptives of the day.

KayMarie

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
Theologians ARE philosophers.
<quoted text>
Theologians, as philosophers, are commonly known as "theosophers"!!
;o)
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theoso...
the·os·o·phy

Noun

Any of a number of philosophies maintaining that a knowledge of God may be achieved through spiritual ecstasy, direct intuition, or...

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&gs_rn=12&...
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

The Truth About Stem Cell Research
By Fr. Alfred Cioffi, The Florida Catholic

Father Tadeusz Pacholczyk is not your typical priest. With a doctorate in neuroscience from Yale and having done post-doctoral research at Massachusetts General Hospital, connected to Harvard Medical School, Father Tad, as he’s known, is one of the church’s top bioethicists.

In Orlando for the Catholic Medical Association’s national conference, the Fall River priest, who serves as director for the National Catholic Bioethics Center, shared insights into the myths and realities of embryonic stem-cell research, human cloning, and in vitro fertilization and why the church has taken such a strong stand against such practices.

He outlined 10 great media myths in the debate over stem-cell research.

Myth 3—Embryonic stem-cell research show the most promise

Father Pacholcyzk outlined some 98 different diseases that can be treated using umbilical cord and adult stem cells. Research using adult stem cells is 20 to 30 years ahead of embryonic stem cell research and actually holds greater promise. Currently, there is no scientific evidence where embryonic stem cells have been used successfully in animal trials.

“They’ve found that in the research that has been done that embryonic stem cells actually end up generating tumors in the animals and do not assimilate into the body,” the priest said.“The embryonic stem cells are so energetic that they are hard to control and manipulate.”

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I copied these from the intertent. They are very different.
Theology (from Greek &#920;&#949;&#972; &#962; meaning "God" and &#955;&#972;&#947; &#959;&#962;,-logy, meaning "study of") is the systematic and rational study of concepts of God and its influences and of the nature of religious truths, or the learned profession acquired by completing specialized training in religious studies, usually at a university or school of divinity or seminary.[1]
Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language.[1][2] Philosophy is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.[3] In more casual speech, by extension, "philosophy" can refer to "the most basic beliefs, concepts, and attitudes of an individual or group".
UH HUH!

You study only your image of a god, and the Muslim studies only his image of his god, and then you fight over whose image is of the one and only truth.

Theology ... to be fair ... is the study of one's own religion being as faulty as the other person's religion.

But you wranglers of self-perceived truth fail to be fair.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing less scientific and more ludicrous than that might be your Quixotic efforts to render the belief null and void simply by virtue of your proclamation.
We get it already. You don't believe it. Do you want a T-Shirt or something?
When you understand why you don't believe the Muslims own truth, you will understand why I don't believe YOU own truth.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Observe the Catholics and Protestants on this thread bragging about who knows the truth, when they both believe they have acquired eternal wisdom from the same book, yet can't see eye to eye.

Not even one seems to say, I would be best to check if I could be wrong on my theological training and the other person right.

But ego doesn't function that way. It can't see beyond its mountainous self.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, "you" didn't exist until the reformation.
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire His blood, which is love incorruptible." St. Ignatius of Antioch ("Epistle to the Romans," c. 105 A.D.)
"Heretics abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the Flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ." St. Ignatius of Antioch ("Epistle to the Smyrneans," c. 105 A.D.)
"Not as common bread nor common drink do we receive these; but as we have been taught, the food which has been made into the Eucharist by the Eucharistic prayer set down by Him, and by the change of which our blood and flesh is nourished, is both the Flesh and Blood of that incarnated Jesus." St. Justin Martyr ("First Apology," c. 150 A.D.)
"If the Lord were from other than the Father (and thus capable of performing miracles), how could He rightly take bread, which is of the same creation as our own, and confess it to be His Body and affirm that the mixture in the cup is His Blood? When, therefore, the mixed cup (wine and water) and the baked bread receives the Word of God and becomes the Eucharist, the Body of Christ, and from these the substance of our flesh is increased and supported, how can they say that the flesh is not capable of receiving the gift of God, which is nourished by the Body and Blood of the Lord, and is in fact a member of Him?" St. Irenaeus ("Against Heresies," 189 A.D.)
"He (St. Paul) threatens, moreover, the stubborn and forward and denounces them, saying 'Whosoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily is guilty of the Body and Blood of the Lord'(1 Corinthians 11:27). All these warnings being scorned and condemned (lapsed Christians will often take Communion) before their sin is expiated, before confession has been made of their crime, before their conscience has been purged by sacrifice and by the hand of the priest, before the offense of an angry and threatening Lord has been appeased,(and so) violence is done to His Body and Blood; and they sin now against their Lord more with their hand and mouth than when they denied the Lord." St. Cyprian of Carthage ("The Lapsed," 251 A.D.)
"He Himself, therefore, having declared and said of the Bread,'This is My Body,' who will dare any longer to doubt? And when He Himself has affirmed and said,'This is My Blood,' who can ever hesitate and say It is not His Blood? Do not, therefore, regard the bread and wine as simply that, for they are, according to the Master's declaration, the Body and Blood of Christ. Even though the senses suggest to you the other, let faith make firm. Do not judge in this matter by taste, but be fully assured by faith, not doubting that you have been deemed worthy of the Body and Blood of Christ." St. Cyril of Jerusalem ("Mystagogic," c. 350 A.D.)
"The bread and the wine of the Eucharist before the holy invocation of the adorable Trinity were simple bread and wine, but the invocation having been made, the bread becomes the Body of Christ and the wine the Blood of Christ." St. Cyril of Jerusalem ("Catechetical Lectures," 350 A.D.)
"Perhaps you may be saying:'I see something else; how can you assure me that I am receiving the Body of Christ?' It but remains for us to prove it. And how many are the examples we might use! Christ is in that Sacrament, because It is the Body of Christ." St. Ambrose ("The Mysteries," 390 A.D.)
http://www.catholic-defense.com/euchrst2.htm
cont.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Regina,

1 Corinthians 11

23For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said,“This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

,took bread,
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH!
You study only your image of a god, and the Muslim studies only his image of his god, and then you fight over whose image is of the one and only truth.
Theology ... to be fair ... is the study of one's own religion being as faulty as the other person's religion.
But you wranglers of self-perceived truth fail to be fair.
June VanDerMark:

If I am made in the image of God, then I need look but within myself.

I have studied the Bible, Koran, Gitan, and Buddhist writings as well.

Why would you deny me, my Christian name, my God?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 421,381 - 421,400 of530,007
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••