Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
421,361 - 421,380 of 532,785 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is real clear on the subject of faith. Take it off your shelf, dust it off and read it...
The bible may be clear on faith, but the faith held by all of the first Christians was the Catholic faith. That is proven by all of the writings from them immediately following the completion of the bible.
Just sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
And its demonstrated by your 1st comment....
You trying to make a point or something?
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Assume by this reply that you're suddenly not so concerned about the word "catholic" being in the Bible?
Cite the scripture....
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible may be clear on faith, but the faith held by all of the first Christians was the Catholic faith. That is proven by all of the writings from them immediately following the completion of the bible.
If the faith held by the first Christians was the Catholic faith as you claim, why was it never mentioned in scripture. I seems to me that that would have been news worthy.....
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT was written between 50 AD and 80 AD. The word 'Catholic' was first recorded about 30 yrs later, but was likely in use much earlier.
Still, the Churches of Christ are universal (Catholic) and in communion with each other.
- I don't think you guys understand that the Catholic Church today, is the same hierarchy from back then. Once you overcome your stereotypes, propaganda, misconceptions and slander towards the Church, you can see the genius of Catholicism - as author Matthew Kelly says.
- you should also realize that since the Bible wasn't started until 30 yrs after Christ died and wasn't completed until 50 yrs after He died, and wasn't labeled for another 370 yrs, that the Church came first and then the Bible.
This isn't my personal opinion, this is historic fact. Almost all of Protestantland agreed with that statement until the born again evangelicals arose.
I was raise on the Catholic propaganda, it was when I finally read my bible instead of taking man's word; that the Truth of the Word and Jesus' shed blood set me free.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He and all of the other protestants here....
I've yet to see any evidence of the "real christians" who were supposedly in hiding for 1500 years.
They get zapped when they do their alter call and misuse their grace from God, thinking they were just called by Him to preach the Bible and form a Christianity based on that. But what's the first thing they do after the euphoria of the alter call subsides? Trash the Catholic Church. That's a red flag that the 'Bible only' route is letting unholy influence dictate their new religion.
-Baptism eliminated
-Eucharist mocked and re- taught to mean opposite of what Christ taught.
-Confession mocked and eliminated.
-The Mother of Jesus Christ reduced to 'any ol lady that happened to say yes' if it wasn't her, it would have been someone else down the street.(I'm sure Jesus likes to hear that one)
-faith + works reduced to just 'faith'.
-scripture alone.

I'll stop there. But seriously, the fruits of demonic influence can be seeing. Contraception, abortion and same sex marriage are synonymous with Protestantland. Its started with a couple lies from Luther and blew up into a chaotic doctrinal mess.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The writings from AD 110 and onward refer to all Christians as Catholic. Period. All of these writings refer to the Catholic Church. They refer to the city Churches, i.e., Ephesus, Corinth, Rome, Antioch, etc. as being Churches within the Catholic Church.
They make no mention of any Church other than the Catholic Church. There is no mention SBC, Lutheran, pentecostal, Evangelical Free, Methodist, etc.
Sorry to burst your bubble bubba.
A. None of the sources on which my post is based on, even hint of the term "Catholic" or "catholic"...because there were none!!!!

B. If there is writing at 110 that uses the term catholic, why did it take that long to come up with the term, when it is erroneously claimed it "made the scene" when Christ said "I will build my church"??

B. Show me Scripture that refers to these churches, referred to in Revelation, as Catholic denominations....which would show a fallible Bible!!!!
Quote:
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write;
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write;
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write

During these 300 to 400 years there were no Christian denominations..such as the RCC....all that was, as the Bible teaches, were Christians....

The first denomination (Catholic) was put together by the emperor some 300 to 400 years after Christ made His declaration...its foundation was paganism....not Peter!!!!!...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raise on the Catholic propaganda, it was when I finally read my bible instead of taking man's word; that the Truth of the Word and Jesus' shed blood set me free.
What we call 'teachings from the Apostles' you call 'Catholic propaganda'?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, was I supposed to take you seriously?
Thanks for proving my words as being correct...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

who="jethro8" i see no harm inthat if the woman is going to have the abortion no matter what,why not use the cells,the baby in a way is helping man kind even thoughhe/she will not be able to enjoy it's benefits

She shouldn't have the abortion to start with...but if those aborted babies become a big money source, there will be a LOT more abortions.

KM
Just sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
They get zapped when they do their alter call and misuse their grace from God, thinking they were just called by Him to preach the Bible and form a Christianity based on that. But what's the first thing they do after the euphoria of the alter call subsides? Trash the Catholic Church. That's a red flag that the 'Bible only' route is letting unholy influence dictate their new religion.
-Baptism eliminated
-Eucharist mocked and re- taught to mean opposite of what Christ taught.
-Confession mocked and eliminated.
-The Mother of Jesus Christ reduced to 'any ol lady that happened to say yes' if it wasn't her, it would have been someone else down the street.(I'm sure Jesus likes to hear that one)
-faith + works reduced to just 'faith'.
-scripture alone.
I'll stop there. But seriously, the fruits of demonic influence can be seeing. Contraception, abortion and same sex marriage are synonymous with Protestantland. Its started with a couple lies from Luther and blew up into a chaotic doctrinal mess.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I guess this is what goes on in some protestant churches and the audience thinks this is worship. It gave me a nice chuckle.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

who="June VanDerMark" I would never believe the theologians, and that is what kept me asking questions rather than settling for supposed answers.
It always bothered me that the theologians couldn't agree on dogmas, yet always claimed to know the answers.
Asking questions should never be put down as lack of faith.
My faith is in the idea that if there is nothing to hide, theologians would not be training people to never ask question concerning their theologies. They would want people to ask questions on all subjects ... especially religion.
Theologians have much to hide.

you said: "It always bothered me that the theologians couldn't agree on dogmas, yet always claimed to know the answers."

You don't agree with any of them...but you claim to know the answers.

KM
Just sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Clay, here is something very refreshing:

Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me give you an example: up until 1930, all of Christianity was against the use of contraption, believing that God is the author of life and we should not prevent life from entering into this world. Sex is the method that God has for bringing life into existence. Therefore, it should only be done within the sacrament of Holy Matrimony by a man and woman, who formed a covenant bond that should not be broken. Contraception has opened the doors to recreational sex outside of marriage.
This is the world that Protestantism has condoned by forming their own Christianity based on what they interpret in the Bible. This is what happens when you remove the Church.

Less than 100 yrs later, not one Protestant sect opposes contraception and countless others redefined Marriage to allow same sex couples.
Jr high students are given condoms and sex is taught as being ok to do before marriage.

Wake up people.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

who="Anthony MN"
Divorce in a sacramental marriage IS NOT recognized by the Catholic Church.
Divorce IS recognized by protestant communities.

We understand. The Catholic church thinks that IT makes a sacramental marriage...thus no divorce.

It DOES, however recognize divorce of Protestants...who, they say, weren't married to start with. When such people want a Catholic marriage/partner, they can divorce with 'church' approval.:(

KayMarie
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, all Christians believed in the Real Presence until the Reformation.
not true.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Just sayin wrote:
Clay, here is something very refreshing:
I like Alex Jones, he's so kind. He's a deacon now. He and his wife were die hard pentecostals until they found the truth in the Catholic Church. Every once in a while EWTN airs their conversion story: "No Price Too High: Dinner With Alex Jones". In fact, he's doing a bible study series for them now.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died in a river in Japan and he's been seen in a pizza, and cracked linoleum, and other various places in imagination.
In these fantasies Jesus has never been dressed as a Jew, but always as a Christian.
:)
Jesus was born a Jew to Jewish parents, He is called the "KING OF THE JEWS". all who receive Jesus are Lord and Savior are adopted into the family of God Jesus is His first born only begotten son." So all who are born again have a Jewish heritage June. Salvation is from the Jews.
God never turned His back on anyone. Jew or other wise.
We who believe in Jesus are called Christ followers or followers of the way.
Jesus being the way. The first Christ-followers were Jewish.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What we call 'teachings from the Apostles' you call 'Catholic propaganda'?
Well considering "propoganda" is used to persuade others into the belief, it is.

Shoot you only use a portion of what Jesus taught.

If you use all of what he taught, it is no longer propoganda.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

who="June VanDerMark" At one time in America those who were black could not hire a lawyer.
Because black people were not allowed by the white Christians to read and learn, they had no rights. And white Lawyers would not ever dream of taking the case of a black person, as they were terrified of those in religion such as the members of the Ku Klux Klan.
Now, many of these racists are simply jealous that black men and women have become lawyers and can assist those of their own race to have a taste of white "justice."

Are you black? The blacks who claim to be avenging Travon Martin are no better than the white plantation owners who once enslaved them.

White people have learned, and have made strides toward helping black people.(Did you ever hear of affirmative action?)

I never owned a slave. I never even frowned on one. My family has never mistreated one.

How can REASONABLE black people justify the current black-on-white violence that goes on today.(Read: White Girl Bleed A Lot).

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Gee-Tee 8,146
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••