Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,705
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#436860 May 1, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
My Church .My Church. My Church. My Church is the True Church. My Church follows Scripture, Your church does this which means it is not True. My church does this which means it is better than yours. And don't tell me that Scripture tells us to defend our faith. Read this holistically in terms of Christ's message. This is about pride. This is not about Christ. Who will win the debate. It is about Christ. Christ was the one Who suffered on the Cross, It is not about you,
There is "no such thing" as MY CHURCH!!!! It is HIS CHURCH!!! JESUS CHRISTS CHURCH!!!! In Matthew 16, Jesus tells us that upon this rock, that He will build HIS Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it......The Church that Christ refers to has, is and will always be HIS CHURCH.,,,,,, HIS One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-Catholic Church)-----confirmed, verified, authenticated and Proven in Sacred Church History for over 2000 years, as (HE is the vine, we are the branches).
Clay

United States

#436861 May 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
The act of legitimately speaking in tongues was. Just because someone says its a language does not mean it is. Its never been proven that the new Pentecostal movement is doing anything other than gibberish. Its not too hard, Preston, to figure out if an actual language is being spoken or a 'ga bla googy ga de jebudie doo doo'
Sadly, self induced convincing is the culprit here.
When you learn to speak in the 6.000 known languages of man AND all the languages of angels (don't know how many), then we will consider you an authority on the subject.
KayMarie
Not one time has it been proven Kay. You'd think just once, one of ya might luck out and form words that make up an unknown language. I saw a great documentary on this. It was easy for the investigation team to break down the audio to see if they were really speaking in tongues. They were not in case after case. Its self induced trickery is all.
I believe it can happen, just like on Pentecost. But you'd need the Holy Spirit in ya. To be honest ma'am, judging by the false accusations towards Catholics by you two, I don't think you're speaking in tongues.
marge

Ames, IA

#436862 May 1, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
I agree. And when you believe that you are worthy of salvation and others will be excluded from that elite realm, you are responsible for wanting to follow and cling to that belief.
Each day that you continue to believe it is another day of your life.
Jesus said that, "Whoever comes to Me, I will not cast out." He welcome's everyone.
He doesn't play favorites; everyone is invited to come to Him...including you.
KayMarie
Amen, I agree 100%
truth

Perth, Australia

#436863 May 1, 2013
3 SHEEP

My Father give me money..we work very hard..that day on end of summer he bring me and my oldest brother on bank..deserve he say its been first time in my life have lots of money as tiny child..Daddy i say i don't wanted money..but i see in small corner shop something what i liked as art..yes i have that even today..me my 3x sheep my 3x house as well 3 tree plus as tiny lake..yep my life look like that with my 3x son..oh as tiny child i know that i will be far away from my home as well have 3x son..its delusion for you..oh..confe
must be very funny for you listen my story..

now i liked my kucica= letters..
Clay

United States

#436864 May 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Look it up....I have no desire to dialog with you.
I'm sorry to hear that. I have the utmost respect for the Orthodox faith regardless.
marge

Ames, IA

#436865 May 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen KayMarie, very nicely put, God's love and Mercy endureth forever.
Totally agree and that is not 'praying for the dead'.
Clay

United States

#436866 May 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked my Dad when I was little if we are to pray for the dead, he said no, he was right, the above does not belong in the Bible.
The other sixty-six books determines and confirms this.
Your Dad is the authority on sacred scripture huh?

Tell me Marge, why are the Books of Tobit and 1 & 2 Maccabees not scripture?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#436867 May 1, 2013
youtube wrote:
100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moaXuWJryu8XX
You keep drinking that anti-cathoholic 100 proof (cheap stuff).
You need to "sober up" and begin to "think straight"!
truth

Perth, Australia

#436868 May 1, 2013
geometry geography chemistry mathematics fizics..i like know why i liked that subject in school..remember Confe..its been point in my life..who can and who can't..i allwayes been in that position that i can't..now
number 3 or 253x25=75 7=g 5=e aeiou
Ge
look hand 'N'

islands in my country is as some on pacific as well all around here..we can created much more here without damage others parts of world..
https://www.google.com.au/search...

its point of my life..

neko ce u Moldaviju see words when you translate
mol=moliti or molas betray as spy..davija =as killer..
as evil..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#436869 May 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is "no such thing" as MY CHURCH!!!! It is HIS CHURCH!!! JESUS CHRISTS CHURCH!!!! In Matthew 16, Jesus tells us that upon this rock, that He will build HIS Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it......The Church that Christ refers to has, is and will always be HIS CHURCH.,,,,,, HIS One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-Catholic Church)-----confirmed, verified, authenticated and Proven in Sacred Church History for over 2000 years, as (HE is the vine, we are the branches).
Dont come at me like I was denying it is Christ's Church. He did not found any Church so that members of the Church could go around saying THE ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH over and over. You speak of it as if it is your Church. Your weapon to hold over others. If it is His Church then give it to Him. It is not the Catholic's church that they can use to swagger and boast. It is Christ's Church. Represent Him and His teachings.
marge

Ames, IA

#436870 May 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Look it up....I have no desire to dialog with you.
Hey Seri how are you and Hermi doing? We miss you when your gone and your posts, I pray all is well with you both, and Seri remember to take care of yourself too for your strength:) Love you.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#436871 May 1, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
We would be well to let the Bible interpret itself, and gather all verses on a subject. I would like to encourage everyone to do this.
Here are a few to take a look at:
Daniel 1:8- Daniel refuses wine because he has purposed not to defile himself. I doubt this was new wine, as the fresh juice of the grape does not defile.
Isa. 5:11- Woe to those who drink intoxicating drinks.
Proverbs 23:29-30-More woe...
Alcohol has lead to alot of shame in the Bible. Noah naked (Gen. 9:21), Lot sexually active with his own daughters (Gen. 19:33), The Golden Calf (Ex. 32:6, 25), Amnon rapes his half-sister (2 Sam. 13:28)
When you take an honest look at the Biblical record of fermented drink, it is apaulling to think how Christians would try to endorce alcohol as righteous even in moderation!
Grape juice represented Christ's Blood, and the bread his Body. Just as the bread was "unleavened", leaven representing sin, his blood ought to be considered pure, free from fermentation.
The Bible is clear on this point.
Or is your Jesus a corrupt Jesus who would have you believe His blood is alcoholic?
Catholic priests do not drink the blood of Christ...they are drinking wine...whence alcoholic priests...there is a retreat for them one (1) mile form my home. There have never been bloodcholics!!!!!

Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was:(but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine. And there was a certain nobleman, whose son was sick at Capernaum.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#436872 May 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
And where in the Bible can we find proof the "wine" was fermented?
Ge 9:21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

yayin: wine (as fermented); by implication, intoxication:--banqueting, wine, wine(-bibber).

How else can a guy get drunk drinking wine!!!!????
marge

Ames, IA

#436873 May 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Dad is the authority on sacred scripture huh?
Tell me Marge, why are the Books of Tobit and 1 & 2 Maccabees not scripture?
He was my authority when I was young just like you are to your children, and hopefully Jesus is your head.

Long ago those books were Not considered scripture and now being older with study and guidance from the Holy Spirit I can agree.

ALL the Authority was given to Jesus so He has to be your head, period.
truth

Perth, Australia

#436874 May 1, 2013
many live in spirit yes they are,,but you as well others will be surprise who is on top on the end..

are you jelouse je =soul=spirit=spi=sleep spi r it.. see what can you make from my letters..
sit here nobody spy you..he remove me from other kids
when he find out that i can..he attack my Father ..send this child to school..my father and me we know both..i can't be atheist..at heights
..hate or heights..mrznja doli ili gori uzvisen..
yes i could only if i am independent=by myself..

if i wrote spirit or soul its exist..
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#436875 May 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
Interesting.
Who's scripture do you use for that?
Who's interpretations do you use?
I have 73 Books in my Bible and you only have 66.
Looks like I have more of Gods word to beat you over the head with.
"For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would be foolish to pray for the dead. But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin"
2maccabees 12: 44-46
Not scripture you say. Says who? What authority determines this?
For one, Clay, Maccabess is totally out of alignment with other scripture and is plainly contrary to it.

It looks like you cannote refute the scripture I quoted.(NO the Catholic Church didn't write or even possess the Bible).

Some were burned at the stake with their Bible tied around their neck. This shows the abject contempt Catholics held for the scriptures. They HATED the Bible and banned it from laity.

NOTICE: Your quote mentions "...those who had fallen would rise again,... splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall <<<asleep>>> in godliness"

Yet you believe the dead go straight to Heaven.

Strange. I have been ridiculed for quoting many texts saying that the dead are unconscious and are asleep waiting for a resurrection. Yet that is again evident in the verses from 2 Maccabees 12: 44-46.

Strange. Very strange.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#436876 May 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic priests do not drink the blood of Christ...they are drinking wine...whence alcoholic priests...there is a retreat for them one (1) mile form my home. There have never been bloodcholics!!!!!
Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.
Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was:(but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.
So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine. And there was a certain nobleman, whose son was sick at Capernaum.
So, Jesus made more alcoholic wine when the guests would be well above the legal limit. REALLY?

Just as well they weren't all breathalysed when they mounted their donkeys then.

Strange that the Jesus of the Bible believed the scriptures where they say, "Wine is a mocker.." would then make all those people drunk with more wine.

Might get pissed tonight and blame Jesus for setting the example then.
marge

Ames, IA

#436877 May 1, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" As her following poem indicated ... from a very early age my daughter wanted to leave the earth and her body. She had three major operations by the time she was seven years of age ... and neither her emotional, nor her physical suffering was going to end ... so she ended it herself.
She believed she was going to the "light."
If takes a cold-hearted person to harshly judge those who commit suicide.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
With The Eagle.
I long with the eagle, on swift silent wing
To glide o’er the earth and of freedom to sing
Released from the bonds of this earthbound plight
To master the grace of his effortless flight
To ravish the glorious sunrise unfurled
From high on a cliff, at the top of the world
To observe far below, life’s dramas unfold
To hold in your grasp nature’s mysteries untold
Silence descends as day draws to a close
Westward the sun hangs in hazy repose
Suspended within a rosy-hued sky
The eagle is solemn, with watchful eye
Though my body be bound by earthly ties
In mind and spirit with the eagle I rise
To ponder the drama of life far below
Wild and free with the eagle I go
I found your poem in some Else's post, and wish to comment. The poem is good, by the way.
Do you feel that God let you down when you lost your daughter? If so, I have a word for you. There IS a future, and there IS a God in heaven Who cares for you...AND for your daughter.
Your daughter made her choice, God did not make that decision.
However, Jesus said that, "NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD". The world would tell you that all is lost; that your child is lost.
But the Bible declares that, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved, AND YOUR HOUSE."
The Greek word translated 'shall' is stronger than the English, and says, MUST, or WILL HAVE to be saved. You CANNOT believe in Jesus, and NOT be saved. Likewise your house (family); your daughter.
There is hope of salvation for her...and you...if you will simply believe His Word. You SHALL (MUST, WILL HAVE TO BE) saved.
Blessings...
KayMarie
Totally agree, we Love you June.
truth

Perth, Australia

#436878 May 1, 2013
we call that vine= bevanda or be vazda or u vijeke vjekova=century centurion
see words

now all my politician whic i attack as koriti=koris me koris znam da me volis..they need be Independence without judgment..they past test..Independence leader is stronger person..

koreja kucica house
look tel=orange color
see
i wrote to you how you can make as pro-cent
with 3 Korea letter critics=koris me
koris me koris
znam da me volis
i kad me koris
mudrost je prihvacati ukor uk or
now

pro-cent
2 lovely heart one remind moliti=prayers
its stay on korea letters meaning

i liked that you know
koriti=discipline..religion=ap ostolic disciple
find please meaning when you try say as hojo say only apostolic disciple
koriti=discipline

please
two lovely hearts one remind i will stay in prayers

your desire is not yours
its come from me
every my words a nkh=i am life way and truth

who is on my place
how many times we live trough history

Did Jesus come from 4000 years or two 2000 years?
Please dear Jesus tell us about desire of life others can be jealous je soul=dusa +'N'..

please forgive me..
find
25 000 years ago
75 000 years ago
please..
Why not tell me about where is first Eden?
mum..please
i find
aeiou
bcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxyz

mum
my ring
see mum
why i choose small ring not expensive
so simple
please mum see..vera=craft on my small small finger
why you do that..i been front of that building..why
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#436879 May 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
He was my authority when I was young just like you are to your children, and hopefully Jesus is your head.
Long ago those books were Not considered scripture and now being older with study and guidance from the Holy Spirit I can agree.
ALL the Authority was given to Jesus so He has to be your head, period.
The Ethiopian Jews disagree with you and so does the Church the ground and pillar of the truth. All scripture is profitable not sufficient especially when being interpreted by unlearned and unstable like you. Its only a matter of time until someone uses your same argument. Oh wait..There are already those who deny Pauls writings and what Jesus may have said. They are inpsired just like you. Imagine that.

Amos 9:7 "Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel?..."

JEREMIAH Chapter 14
"2 Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up."

Lamentations 4:2 "The precious sons of Zion, comparable to fine gold, how are they esteemed as earthen pitchers, the work of the hands of the potter!"

Sons and Daughters of God (Psalms 149:2)

8 "Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick."

Jeremiah 13:23 "Can the Ethiopian change his skin?"

Lamentations 5:10 "Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine."

The Protestant movement finally came around to putting some NT books Luther rejected back in. I honestly dont know what some of you would do if you didnt have revelation to produce a new theory daily when you arent all telling each other the real deal or preaching relativity. Nothing else matters if you believe in Jesus. Odd how the Apostles didnt seem to know that.

Good Night Marge

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 8 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE