Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,056)

Showing posts 421,101 - 421,120 of513,262
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Jews don't eat pork, but in some cases when they were starving they resorted to cannibalism.

Pride often comes before a fall, and preachers of morality have a long way to fall before they hit ground-level.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
[who="Anthony MN"
Anger and resentment at the Church because of your husband's actions isn't healthy. You should try some counseling.
The 'church' should not have supported her husband's actions. She has reason to resent it.
It didn't profit them, either. He is out of it.
KayMarie
I don't know any of the details and neither do you. But you assume it's the Church's fault. I hope you don't go to your grave with all that hatred and resentment.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the point completely but wait a week you'll catch the point I was making
We haven't heard your ex-husband's side of the story, so we should take what you say with a grain of salt.

If he and his new mate decided to leave the Church because of the abuse scandal, it's probably for the best. People who think it's a problem only in the Catholic Church and ignore that it happens more often in protestnt circles are unrealistic and not serious about their faith anyway.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

who="Anthony MN"
Divorce is a protesant phenomenon. The disobedience rests squarely on your shoulders.

Divorce is a legal, not a Protestant phenomenon that you call annulment. We don't accept it...though many non Pentecostal Protestants are involved in it. It takes place in a court of law, not the church. The CC does the annulment, and allows remarriage.

We've been married over 60 years.

KayMarie
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We haven't heard your ex-husband's side of the story, so we should take what you say with a grain of salt.
If he and his new mate decided to leave the Church because of the abuse scandal, it's probably for the best. People who think it's a problem only in the Catholic Church and ignore that it happens more often in protestnt circles are unrealistic and not serious about their faith anyway.
You sadly don't know why it happens, it happens almost exclusively in the churches that teach a false gospel.

A born-again christian would not attend a church that teaches a false gospel.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
Jesus and His disciples drank fermented wine.

Prove it. Everything that God made was GOOD. Nothing was in a state of decay...fermentation. I almost fell for that once, but discovered the truth.

Strong drink is a medicine. The Bible gives instances for its use: Extreme depression, stomach ailments and when one is dying.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
Divorce is a protesant phenomenon. The disobedience rests squarely on your shoulders.
Divorce is a legal, not a Protestant phenomenon that you call annulment. We don't accept it...though many non Pentecostal Protestants are involved in it. It takes place in a court of law, not the church. The CC does the annulment, and allows remarriage.
We've been married over 60 years.
KayMarie
Correct me if I'm wrong, but pentecostals accept as valid the re-marriage of a divorced person. Your denomination says that adultery or abandonment by an unbelieving spouse is grounds for divorce and re-marriage.

The Catholic Church does not allow "re-marriage" as it is contrary to Christ's teaching.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You sadly don't know why it happens, it happens almost exclusively in the churches that teach a false gospel.
Right. Jesus and His Catholic Church teach that accepting divorce and re-marriage is a false gospel.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
I don't know any of the details and neither do you. But you assume it's the Church's fault. I hope you don't go to your grave with all that hatred and resentment.

I have neither hatred nor resentment.
No details would make a difference here. A family was broken up. The man was guilty, and those who told him that he was OK are equally guilty.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
Jesus and His disciples drank fermented wine.
Prove it. Everything that God made was GOOD. Nothing was in a state of decay...fermentation. I almost fell for that once, but discovered the truth.
Strong drink is a medicine. The Bible gives instances for its use: Extreme depression, stomach ailments and when one is dying.
KayMarie
Matt. 26:27,29; Mark 14:23,25; Luke 22:17-18; 1 Cor. 11:25-27 - Jesus instituted the Eucharist using wine and commanded us to "do this in remembrance of me." We know that Jesus instituted the Eucharist at the Jewish seder meal, which required the use of wine. Yet some Protestant churches forbid drinking wine. Such a prohibition is not based on the Scriptures.

Luke 7:33-34 - God the Son drank wine and was accused of being a drunk. Are those Protestant churches that forbid the drinking of wine doing the same?

John 2:1-11 - Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine which was drunk at the wedding at Cana. Wine is a symbol of the life of the Church, in both the Eucharist and, here, the sanctification of the sacrament of marriage. Verse 10 also indicates that the people drank enough wine at the feast to the point that they might not have recognized good wine from bad wine. Yet Jesus creates for them more wine to drink.

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"

What difference would 'his side of the story' make? He left his wife and family for another woman. And the 'church' made it legal.

Actually, no one here has said that abuse is only in the CC. What we've been saying is that Catholics cover up the mess, and loudly declare that it happens more frequently in the Protestant churches.

If Church members began a loud protest, things would change in a hurry.

KayMarie

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Just suppose that Jesus had existed.

"Jesus, is it true that you said all people of the world had to become of the Catholic faith to be saved?"

"The question IS ... do YOU believe it's true?"

"Being a faithful Catholic, I IMAGINE it IS true!"

"Is it important to you to follow the Catholic faith?"

"YES IT IS!!!"

"Then you will search no further."

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
:)

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
Actually, no one here has said that abuse is only in the CC. What we've been saying is that Catholics cover up the mess, and loudly declare that it happens more frequently in the Protestant churches.
KayMarie
You were the one that stated in a haughty affirmative manner that it doesn't happen in Protestant churches.

And it was the Protestants that targeted Catholics as the main ones to cover up the abuses ... not the other way around.

It took the spotlight off the Protestants ... for the first while. But not any more.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in religion fall for varieties of human-created myths.
I face the fact that I don't know the answers to those mysteries, but I do believe that if there is a creator ... it's a mean S.O.B. that doesn't do a thing but watch suffering occur ongoing.
There is no delusion in THAT fact.
A god that could change things for the better and doesn't is worse than useless. FAR WORSE!
And that's why I refuse to believe in the existence of a creator.
I will wait for a better explanation ... and if that doesn't occur, nothing is going to persuade me that a merciful god created a realm where suffering is rampant in all forms of life.
um....EXCUSE ME, but did you say "human-created myths"???

you can't be serious, are you? what pray-tell should we categorize the THEORY of evolution as if not a human-created myth?!

better get your facts straight cuz when you drop your flesh, you'll be standing naked in spirit and you're gonna hafta account for what you believed and why!
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Ollie says that while there is truth in what you write, you cannot point fingers at Pope Francis. He is no more to blame for what went on in the past then your father or grandfather is for causing prolonging WWII while not supporting it.
GOD is leading the Holy Roman Catholic Church. Its evident in most of the 1.3 billion members of the Faithful.
Never has so many of the whole population of the poor world depended on so few for so long.
Go Figure
Yes, there is truth in what I write. Sorry you are confused in thinking I blame Pope Francis. I do not blame him.

I wrote that Francis is aware of the problem. I don't believe the two prior Popes were fully aware - which puts the one and only claim in question.

Why don't you like black people?
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley is laughing his head off over your comment.
While Your Pope drinks wine during the Consecration during Mass, in reality he does not indulge as much as we do. Far from it.
Both Stanley and I relax these later years with a drop of the 'Red' while putting out feet up and admiring the 'scenery'.
Mind you, we are not alcoholics, as a matter-of-fact we consume far less than you do in one week than you do in one day while watching your favourite sport. You should readUP on just how much you drink. Its fascinating, but good for the economy.'ol Joe Kennedy's idea of providing boot-legged rum to the Mafia during Prohibition for the Speak-Easies has not changed.
Meanwhile, GOD bless Our Pope Francis I
Go Figure
Stan-an-Ollie

I just wanted you to know, back in the "good ole" days, my uncle wrote a biography of his producing days from radio to movies. And he wrote quite a bit on you, even has your signed pictures.

Its a speciality book....At Amazon.com

Midwife to an Octopus, by John Swallow.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

who="Anthony MN"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but pentecostals accept as valid the re-marriage of a divorced person. Your denomination says that adultery or abandonment by an unbelieving spouse is grounds for divorce and re-marriage.
The Catholic Church does not allow "re-marriage" as it is contrary to Christ's teaching.

The Catholic site I quoted said that both parties are free to marry after an annulment. The persons that I know who received an annulment were remarried to Catholics IN the CC.

Jesus said that divorce and remarriage was wrong, except when a spouse was guilty of fornication.

Our culture is rapidly changing, and it is detrimental to the church, but generally Pentecostals do not accept divorce. We've not had to deal with it, and have never been party to such action.

KayMarie

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you jest. You don't believe in any other gods but the one that you favor in your own mythical illusion. You create a vacancy of all other images of gods but your own. And then you have the nerve to preach at me that unbelief is a vacancy.
I suggest you load your self up with all the other mythical gods and insist that they are real and that they hold to the highest value as does yours ... and then you will have no vacancy of belief in ALL human created gods.
How does that grab you?
June June June....you keep for getting one GIGANTIC detail:

God came to earth in the Person of Jesus the Christ!

if He didn't, then you may have an agrument, but since He did, YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE!
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Just suppose that Jesus had existed.
"Jesus, is it true that you said all people of the world had to become of the Catholic faith to be saved?"
"The question IS ... do YOU believe it's true?"
"Being a faithful Catholic, I IMAGINE it IS true!"
"Is it important to you to follow the Catholic faith?"
"YES IT IS!!!"
"Then you will search no further."
June VanDerMark:

Imagining what God thinks?

And then an ad hominem attack on your on imagination?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 421,101 - 421,120 of513,262
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••