Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603567 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

United States

#436845 May 1, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, as the Bereans did, we are told to compare scripture with scripture: verse by verse: line by line.
When we do this, a pattern appears. We discern the meaning by comparison.
You on the other hand have just a catechism which has changed many many times.
Just proves that you are not in any way in a church endorsed by God.
Interesting.

Who's scripture do you use for that?
Who's interpretations do you use?

I have 73 Books in my Bible and you only have 66.
Looks like I have more of Gods word to beat you over the head with.

"For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would be foolish to pray for the dead. But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin"

2maccabees 12: 44-46

Not scripture you say. Says who? What authority determines this?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#436846 May 1, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, have you got a short fuse!
All I did was ask a question and you jumped down my throat.
I don't know what your problem is.
In answer to the question you asked Anthony.....no, a divorced Catholic cannot remarry in the Church.
See how easy it is? Ask a question, get an answer. No histrionics. No drama.
You take what I have said and assume that I am the one with the short fuse.Sorry my question was an honest one and it was for Tony and not for you.Please leave me alone...and I will leave you alone...I know you well enough to know what your intentions were with that Orthodox question as I now know what your intentions are now.I stated in the question to Tony that it was an honest question.I have no intentions of wasting my time fighting with you...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436847 May 1, 2013
who="Clay"
The act of legitimately speaking in tongues was. Just because someone says its a language does not mean it is. Its never been proven that the new Pentecostal movement is doing anything other than gibberish. Its not too hard, Preston, to figure out if an actual language is being spoken or a 'ga bla googy ga de jebudie doo doo'
Sadly, self induced convincing is the culprit here.

When you learn to speak in the 6.000 known languages of man AND all the languages of angels (don't know how many), then we will consider you an authority on the subject.

KayMarie

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#436848 May 1, 2013
My Church .My Church. My Church. My Church is the True Church. My Church follows Scripture, Your church does this which means it is not True. My church does this which means it is better than yours. And don't tell me that Scripture tells us to defend our faith. Read this holistically in terms of Christ's message. This is about pride. This is not about Christ. Who will win the debate. It is about Christ. Christ was the one Who suffered on the Cross, It is not about you,

Location hidden

#436849 May 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little surprised the Orthodox allow 3. I never knew that. Why?
The Catholic Church views marriage as a Holy Sacrament. So it can't be undone. Like our first Communion and Baptism. If we renounce those things, its a sin.
There's no question people get their marriage annulled through the Church and often there is no valid reason for it. The couple either lies about the circumstances of the marriage or the investigators don't do a good job checking it out.
In some cases, members of the Church turned a blind eye while investigating the annullment.(The Kennedys benefited from this). But the truth in the Catholic teachings remain the same, even if her own Bishops break it.
Devorce anulment call it what you wish...the Orthodox church at less acknowledge that the marriage took place and was disolved.....its about truth isnt it...
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436850 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. And when you believe that you are worthy of salvation and others will be excluded from that elite realm, you are responsible for wanting to follow and cling to that belief.
Each day that you continue to believe it is another day of your life.
Please except my condolences, I am sorry to hear about your daughter.
For a person to get to the point of suicide, the pain must be unbearable.
My daughter tried just last year, in fact she was dead when the paramedic's got to the house, they were able to revive her.
My 12 yr. granddaughter found her and thought she was just passed out drunk.
They had to fly her here to Sudbury, it wasn't the first time she tried to kill herself.
We are not to judge a person, because only God knows what goes on inside a person to drive them to such desperate measures.
Only man condemns another not God.
Clay

United States

#436851 May 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Preston" as I have said numerous times, my friend Tom was praying one night and began to speak in tongues. the woman that he was praying for/with, understood what he was saying as it was in her native language which was Vietnamese.
however saying that, I do agree that some of this phenomenon is not as accurate as what Tom had told to me. So, If God was able to do that in Pentecost, He still is able to do it today. He hasn't changed, only people change or try to change His Word.
and I thought of this yesterday, if you or I were there on that very Special Day, someone would have been speaking to us in English, so we would have known what had happened, just as those visitors heard
You are right. Scripture declares that all of them heard IN HIS OWN LANGUAGE.
KayMarie
All language has characteristics within the language. Some - like Spanish, German and English - can easily be identified as a language by a foreign ear. Others can be identified by breaking down the pattern, correlations between words and sentences. There has to be a structure.

At no time since the invention of audio recordings, has ANY Pentecostal group proven to be speaking in tongues.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436852 May 1, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Nobody said anything about Him being a drunk. Drinking wine in moderation does not turn one into a "drunk". And they would have had no cause to accuse Jesus of being a wine-bibber had the "fruit of the vine" not been fermented.
Jesus drank alcoholic wine. He miraculously changed water into alcoholic wine. He gave His disciples alcoholic wine at the Last Supper.
The verbal gymnastics you teetotalers need to go through to avoid this truth is astounding.

Are you telling me that your Eucharist wine is fermented???

KayMarie
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436853 May 1, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
My Church .My Church. My Church. My Church is the True Church. My Church follows Scripture, Your church does this which means it is not True. My church does this which means it is better than yours. And don't tell me that Scripture tells us to defend our faith. Read this holistically in terms of Christ's message. This is about pride. This is not about Christ. Who will win the debate. It is about Christ. Christ was the one Who suffered on the Cross, It is not about you,
Amen .
truth

Perth, Australia

#436854 May 1, 2013
i just looking Japanese news oh its so nice see my kucica=house letters..i been before against that my son study Japanese language but he liked ..very special boy Micle say no mum act like that..but i liked now sleep on floor..yep i know now why=furniture=far fer fir for fur ture..tur key=tar ter tir tor=3 sheep's..did i relax listen my inner..no fully if i do that..i will know more..
oh its so simple people with vertical kucica letters as determinant..see oh they go restore ocean now they can be bigger with land too..
Clay

United States

#436855 May 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Devorce anulment call it what you wish...the Orthodox church at less acknowledge that the marriage took place and was disolved.....its about truth isnt it...
But why 3? Who says 3 is the max? You have to admit, Jesus was quite clear about Marriage.
I'm not being a jerk, I'm genuinely interested in this. I didn't know the Orthodox position until today.
What's the Orthodox position on contraception? Just curious. I know most of Christianity was opposed to it until about 80 yrs ago. Now, only the Catholic Church (I think) stands against it.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436856 May 1, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" As her following poem indicated ... from a very early age my daughter wanted to leave the earth and her body. She had three major operations by the time she was seven years of age ... and neither her emotional, nor her physical suffering was going to end ... so she ended it herself.
She believed she was going to the "light."
If takes a cold-hearted person to harshly judge those who commit suicide.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
With The Eagle.
I long with the eagle, on swift silent wing
To glide o’er the earth and of freedom to sing
Released from the bonds of this earthbound plight
To master the grace of his effortless flight
To ravish the glorious sunrise unfurled
From high on a cliff, at the top of the world
To observe far below, life’s dramas unfold
To hold in your grasp nature’s mysteries untold
Silence descends as day draws to a close
Westward the sun hangs in hazy repose
Suspended within a rosy-hued sky
The eagle is solemn, with watchful eye
Though my body be bound by earthly ties
In mind and spirit with the eagle I rise
To ponder the drama of life far below
Wild and free with the eagle I go
I found your poem in some Else's post, and wish to comment. The poem is good, by the way.
Do you feel that God let you down when you lost your daughter? If so, I have a word for you. There IS a future, and there IS a God in heaven Who cares for you...AND for your daughter.
Your daughter made her choice, God did not make that decision.
However, Jesus said that, "NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD". The world would tell you that all is lost; that your child is lost.
But the Bible declares that, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved, AND YOUR HOUSE."
The Greek word translated 'shall' is stronger than the English, and says, MUST, or WILL HAVE to be saved. You CANNOT believe in Jesus, and NOT be saved. Likewise your house (family); your daughter.
There is hope of salvation for her...and you...if you will simply believe His Word. You SHALL (MUST, WILL HAVE TO BE) saved.
Blessings...
KayMarie
Amen KayMarie, very nicely put, God's love and Mercy endureth forever.
truth

Perth, Australia

#436857 May 1, 2013
I think you can't have many god no..imagination its in your head..mind..we lived many times trough history as well we have future..Why we did not know everything?
You neglected your God..you liked be bigger then your god..ones when you find me i hope so..did i fill shame..no why should be..now i think my son will be happy..he will find out who am I.
marge

Ames, IA

#436858 May 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Who's scripture do you use for that?
Who's interpretations do you use?
I have 73 Books in my Bible and you only have 66.
Looks like I have more of Gods word to beat you over the head with.
"For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would be foolish to pray for the dead. But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin"
2maccabees 12: 44-46
Not scripture you say. Says who? What authority determines this?
I asked my Dad when I was little if we are to pray for the dead, he said no, he was right, the above does not belong in the Bible.

The other sixty-six books determines and confirms this.

Location hidden

#436859 May 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But why 3? Who says 3 is the max? You have to admit, Jesus was quite clear about Marriage.
I'm not being a jerk, I'm genuinely interested in this. I didn't know the Orthodox position until today.
What's the Orthodox position on contraception? Just curious. I know most of Christianity was opposed to it until about 80 yrs ago. Now, only the Catholic Church (I think) stands against it.
Look it up....I have no desire to dialog with you.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#436860 May 1, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
There is "no such thing" as MY CHURCH!!!! It is HIS CHURCH!!! JESUS CHRISTS CHURCH!!!! In Matthew 16, Jesus tells us that upon this rock, that He will build HIS Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it......The Church that Christ refers to has, is and will always be HIS CHURCH.,,,,,, HIS One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-Catholic Church)-----confirmed, verified, authenticated and Proven in Sacred Church History for over 2000 years, as (HE is the vine, we are the branches).
Clay

United States

#436861 May 1, 2013
who="Clay"
The act of legitimately speaking in tongues was. Just because someone says its a language does not mean it is. Its never been proven that the new Pentecostal movement is doing anything other than gibberish. Its not too hard, Preston, to figure out if an actual language is being spoken or a 'ga bla googy ga de jebudie doo doo'
Sadly, self induced convincing is the culprit here.
When you learn to speak in the 6.000 known languages of man AND all the languages of angels (don't know how many), then we will consider you an authority on the subject.
KayMarie
Not one time has it been proven Kay. You'd think just once, one of ya might luck out and form words that make up an unknown language. I saw a great documentary on this. It was easy for the investigation team to break down the audio to see if they were really speaking in tongues. They were not in case after case. Its self induced trickery is all.
I believe it can happen, just like on Pentecost. But you'd need the Holy Spirit in ya. To be honest ma'am, judging by the false accusations towards Catholics by you two, I don't think you're speaking in tongues.
marge

Ames, IA

#436862 May 1, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
I agree. And when you believe that you are worthy of salvation and others will be excluded from that elite realm, you are responsible for wanting to follow and cling to that belief.
Each day that you continue to believe it is another day of your life.
Jesus said that, "Whoever comes to Me, I will not cast out." He welcome's everyone.
He doesn't play favorites; everyone is invited to come to Him...including you.
KayMarie
Amen, I agree 100%
truth

Perth, Australia

#436863 May 1, 2013
3 SHEEP

My Father give me money..we work very hard..that day on end of summer he bring me and my oldest brother on bank..deserve he say its been first time in my life have lots of money as tiny child..Daddy i say i don't wanted money..but i see in small corner shop something what i liked as art..yes i have that even today..me my 3x sheep my 3x house as well 3 tree plus as tiny lake..yep my life look like that with my 3x son..oh as tiny child i know that i will be far away from my home as well have 3x son..its delusion for you..oh..confe
must be very funny for you listen my story..

now i liked my kucica= letters..
Clay

United States

#436864 May 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Look it up....I have no desire to dialog with you.
I'm sorry to hear that. I have the utmost respect for the Orthodox faith regardless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 5 hr Jaimie 84,426
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... 6 hr Catholic24 8
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 6 hr Catholic24 29
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 31 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
More from around the web