Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,757
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#436794 May 1, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Yes. I know.
I pray for you both.
So you pretended that you didn't know at first, so that you could twist the knife in my heart that my daughter who wrote that poem took her own life!

I don't pray for you to come down off your cruel-minded pedestal.

Instead I wish you well.

Prince George, Canada

#436795 May 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Judging. Minus 5 points.
*sighs*
Why don't respond by posting ideas rather than insults?

Prince George, Canada

#436796 May 1, 2013
you

Prince George, Canada

#436797 May 1, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with the Catholic Church is they just transferred the perpetrators (priests) to another parish. Sexual abusers are repeat offenders.
What is the difference if priests were moved from one perish to another, compared to one minister staying in the same church to molest again and again?

The children don't see the difference, as none of the adults care to protect the children. They would rather protect the priests and the ministers and pretend that their religious institutions are capable of leading others on a moral path of righteousness.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#436798 May 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but pentecostals accept as valid the re-marriage of a divorced person. Your denomination says that adultery or abandonment by an unbelieving spouse is grounds for divorce and re-marriage.
The Catholic Church does not allow "re-marriage" as it is contrary to Christ's teaching.
The Catholic Church does not allow a divorced Catholic to remarry? Is that in the Church? Honest question.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436799 May 1, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
“There are some things in them (Epistles of St. Paul) hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other
Scriptures.”
2 Peter 3:16
You wouldn’t have a Bible if it were not for the first Christians called Catholics!!
The Bible is a Catholic Book
http://www.cegguam.org/TalksAndHomilies/sray/...
"Christ did not say, "Sit down and write Bibles and scatter them over the earth, and let
every man read his Bible and judge for himself." If Christ had said that, there would never
have been a Christianity on the earth at all, but a Babylon and confusion instead, and
never ONE Church, the union of ONE body. Hence, Christ never said to His Apostles, "Go and write Bibles and distribute them, and let everyone judge for himself." That
injunction was reserved for the Sixteenth Century, and we have seen the result of it. Ever
since the Sixteenth Century there have been springing up religion upon religion, and churches upon churches, all fighting and quarreling with one another, and all because of the private interpretation of the Bible.
Christ sent His Apostles with authority to teach all nations, and never gave them any
command of writing the Bible. And the Apostles went forth and preached everywhere,
and planted the Church of God throughout the earth, but never thought of writing.”
Acts 11:26
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436800 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference if priests were moved from one perish to another, compared to one minister staying in the same church to molest again and again?
The children don't see the difference, as none of the adults care to protect the children. They would rather protect the priests and the ministers and pretend that their religious institutions are capable of leading others on a moral path of righteousness.
I agree!

Prince George, Canada

#436801 May 1, 2013
As her following poem indicated ... from a very early age my daughter wanted to leave the earth and her body. She had three major operations by the time she was seven years of age ... and neither her emotional, nor her physical suffering was going to end ... so she ended it herself.

She believed she was going to the "light."

If takes a cold-hearted person to harshly judge those who commit suicide.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

With The Eagle.

I long with the eagle, on swift silent wing
To glide o’er the earth and of freedom to sing
Released from the bonds of this earthbound plight
To master the grace of his effortless flight

To ravish the glorious sunrise unfurled
From high on a cliff, at the top of the world
To observe far below, life’s dramas unfold
To hold in your grasp nature’s mysteries untold

Silence descends as day draws to a close
Westward the sun hangs in hazy repose
Suspended within a rosy-hued sky
The eagle is solemn, with watchful eye

Though my body be bound by earthly ties
In mind and spirit with the eagle I rise
To ponder the drama of life far below
Wild and free with the eagle I go
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436802 May 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church does not allow a divorced Catholic to remarry? Is that in the Church? Honest question.
My ex-husband and I were married in the Catholic Church. He later annulled our marriage so he could marry his girlfriend in the Catholic Church (which he did).

Prince George, Canada

#436803 May 1, 2013
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

“To be or not to be?” they insist, is by no means the question. If we exist it is because we must exist in order to glorify God and to make ourselves useful in society. Anyone who rejects that rule deserves punishment, both of the dead body and in the afterlife. This attitude reigned supreme and uncontested in Europe throughout the Middle Ages.

Prince George, Canada

#436804 May 1, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!
Well, we agree on some issues and others ... not.

I believe it's healthy to look at issues from many ways, and when people are in religion, how they believe rules every other thought in their lives ... and that is NOT healthy.

A Muslim tying a bomb to his/her self and believing that when the bomb explodes and kills many people ... he/she will be blessed by Allah in a hereafter ... is not a healthy perspective whatsoever.

All the ancient religions taught that killing others was not only necessary, but that it was HOLY if done by the will of the gods.

Religion is not good.

Prince George, Canada

#436805 May 1, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
My ex-husband and I were married in the Catholic Church. He later annulled our marriage so he could marry his girlfriend in the Catholic Church (which he did).
I've heard of the same thing happening to others.

Humans are selfish, and will often find loopholes in theology to suit their own needs.

Prince George, Canada

#436806 May 1, 2013
It was ex-Catholic Luther's "reformation" that finally made the split "official", of which priests would not marry and stay Catholic, and which priests would marry and become Protestant.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

The Evolution of Celibacy.

As for the priests in Germany, in 1525 the Mainz canon Karl von Bodmann noted an "almost unbelievable increase of licentiousness among the German clergy since proclamation of the new, so-called Gospel [of Luther]." The Augustinian monk had taken the problem of clerical marriage in hand; and the effect of his assaults on celibacy and monastic vows was so enormous that a wave of marrying swept over the whole clergy, as well as the monks and nuns. The first Reformers, with the exception of Melanchthon (d. 1560), were all priests. Even the famous humanist and priest Erasmus of Rotterdam (d. 1536), the second son of a priest and a physician's daughter, came down on the side of "tranforming concubines into wives" (De conscribendis episcopis 47).

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#436807 May 1, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Didnt one of the Kennedys do that?

Prince George, Canada

#436808 May 1, 2013
One woman of the Protestant faith, told me that when she was a young woman she wanted to marry her best friend's fiancé... so she prayed that "god" would give her a sign if she was not supposed to tell the man how she felt. When she didn't receive any sign, she assured her self that "god" supported her in her quest to go after him ... and marry him she did.

He was a miserable husband who treated her as though she was his doormat.

So it went ... and so it goes.

Broken dreams.

Prince George, Canada

#436809 May 1, 2013
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven …

Uta Ranke-Heinemann

The Evolution of Celibacy.

In 1542 when the papal nuncio Morone called Archbishop Albrecht of Brandenburg’s attention to the urgency of celibacy, the archbishop said:“I know that all my priests are living in concubinage. But what should I do to stop it? If I forbid them concubinage, they either want to have wives or become Lutherans”(cf. Morone’s letter to Cardinal Farnese, Monumenta Vaticana, edited by H. Laemmer, 1861, p. 412).
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#436810 May 1, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>the TWO people that agreed with you are as clueless as you are reg. you cant call her a liar unless that you know her and know the facts behind her story, WHICH YOU DONT! that makes you a person who spreads false info without factual proof. It is commonly called a Gossiper, or in our neck of the woods, a woman who speaks over her laundry while it is hanging on a clothesline, and around here that aint complimentary
Excuse me, but I happen to know for a fact that no one, including her supposed ex-husband, was granted an annulment on the condition that he disown their children.
She lied, plain and simple.
No gossip about it.
What a pity that you had to attack me because she lied.
You would have been better off keeping quiet about something you know nothing about, Preston. I'm sorry for you.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#436811 May 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Didnt one of the Kennedys do that?
How many times can someone divorce and remarry in the Orthodox Church? I seem to recall that it's three times, but could be mistaken.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436812 May 1, 2013
Where Is God’s Church?
by David C. Pack
Did Christ build one, unified, organized Church? Or is His Church divided? He said,“I will build My Church”—not “churches,”“fellowships,”“sect s,”“denominations” or “communities of believers.” He promised that the “gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Where is it and how is it identified? What and why is it? You need not be confused. Here are the plain answers!
Share on print Share on facebook Share on twitter Follow on Google+ More Sharing Services 139
Jesus Christ declared,“I will build My Church”(Matt. 16:18). No matter how men interpret it, this passage speaks of a single church! Christ continued,“and the gates of hell [the grave] shall not prevail against it.” He promised that His Church could never be destroyed.
Over 2,000 different professing Christian church organizations have been “built” by men in the United States. Another is started every three days. Estimates place the number of professing Christians at above 2 billion. While church attendance seems to be increasing, it is not increasing as fast as the confusion surrounding the question of which is the right church.
While it has been said,“They can’t all be wrong,” it is more correct to say,“They cannot all be right.” If Christ built His Church as He said, then it can be found somewhere on earth today—and it is the only right Church. But we must ask: How do we find it—what do we look for—how do we identify it—how do we know it if we see it?
My mother required me to read many books when growing up. I spent many summers reading her assigned “book a week.” I enjoyed most of them and am very thankful she did this. On occasion, perhaps two or three times, I picked up the Bible and attempted to read it. But I never got far, because it made no sense to me. I simply could not understand the Bible.
Despite this lack of understanding, upon turning sixteen, I was “confirmed” into the church that I had been born into. I recall having to appear briefly before a panel of “deacons” to answer some questions, which I no longer remember. I do recall making some kind of general affirmation about this denomination, but I also remember that I was not concerned in the least with whether or not I was in the right church, or if I was fulfilling the Bible definition of a Christian.
Marriage is under assault as never before. Will it—can it—survive? Adultery is exploding—why? Traditional home and family life is blurring. The once-typical family is becoming extinct—why?…
Read Now
Neither of these questions remotely interested me. I did vaguely believe that God existed, but He was not real to me. I had certainly never attempted to build a personal relationship with Him or to find His true Church. I did not pray or study His Word for guidance or doctrinal instruction. These concerns did not enter my mind until a year and a half later, in 1966, when I heard a powerful voice on the radio that introduced me to Christ’s statement in Matthew 16:18. I began to question where I could find this true Church. I immediately realized that it had to exist because, through just basic study, I came to understand Christ’s promise that it would remain and could not be destroyed.
Traditions of Men
Christ said,“But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men”(Matt. 15:9). In Mark’s parallel account of this statement, He continued,“Full well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your own tradition”(7:9).
cont
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436813 May 1, 2013
cont

The world’s Christianity is filled with traditions. One of the largest is the traditional view of the New Testament Church. Most ministers, theologians and religionists typically define the church in this way:“All those who sincerely believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior comprise the true Church.” This is often followed with the familiar statement,“There are many routes to heaven” or “There are many spokes on the wheel of salvation.” Though the Bible does not teach that heaven is the reward of the saved, the clear implication of these is that people can believe what they want, or be a part of any group that they choose, and still be Christians—still receive whatever is salvation. While people may sincerely believe these traditional ideas, they are sincerely wrong!
My research led me to absolute proof of where the Church was that Christ promised to build. I learned that this Church could be carefully traced through almost 2,000 years of New Testament history. I was shocked. I could not believe the Bible was so clear on a subject that confuses so many.
Your Bible declares,“God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints [the context shows this refers to all congregations of the true Church, not all organizations of men]”(I Cor. 14:33).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope Francis under ISIS threat 20 hr Joe W 1
Transgender man: I met with Pope Francis Fri TerryE 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jan 28 Married in 8,881
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Jan 26 SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
More from around the web