Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703518 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#437000 May 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Nobody said anything about Him being a drunk. Drinking wine in moderation does not turn one into a "drunk". And they would have had no cause to accuse Jesus of being a wine-bibber had the "fruit of the vine" not been fermented.
Jesus drank alcoholic wine. He miraculously changed water into alcoholic wine. He gave His disciples alcoholic wine at the Last Supper.
The verbal gymnastics you teetotalers need to go through to avoid this truth is astounding.
Are you telling me that your Eucharist wine is fermented???
KayMarie
Jesus changed water into alcoholic wine. He gave the disciples alcoholic wine at the last supper. Yes, our Eucharistic wine is alcoholic.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#437001 May 2, 2013
Now the Catholic church preaches that marriage is a holy institution.

Each pope preached whatever came into his mind, and the popes didn't agree on what DID come into their minds.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

The same disapproval of pleasure affected the priestly way of life, which had to be remote from the moral slums of everyday existence. Hostility to marriage logically leads to the celibate life of the priesthood. And so it is no wonder that the great Mariologist and despiser of marriage, Pope Siricus, stood in the orefront of the battle against the marriage of priests. He had a decisive influence on the development of celibacy when in his letter to the Spanish bishop Himerius of Tarragona (385) he labeled it a crimen for priests to continue having relationships with their wives after their ordination. He called that an abscoena cupiditas.(At the beginning of the evolution of celibacy most priests were still married; only after 1139 were priests no longer allowed to marry.)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#437002 May 2, 2013
The popes of the era lost many of their priests, as the priests flocked to join up with the Protestants so that they could keep their wives.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#437003 May 2, 2013
Note how the word "Krishna" was spelled back then.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

A historical view of the divinity of Jesus Christ.

As far back as 1200 B. C., sacred records were extant and traditions were current, in the East, which taught that the heathen Savior (Chrishna) was, 1st, Immaculately conceived and born of a spotless virgin,“who had never known man.” 2d, That the author of, or agent in, the conception, was a spirit or ghost (of course a Holy Ghost). 3d, That he was threatened in early infancy with death by a ruling tyrant, Cansa. 4th, That his parents had, consequently, to flee with him to Gokul for safety. 5th, That all the young male children under two years of age were slain by an order issued by Cansa, similar to that of Herod in Judea. 6th, That angels and shepherds attended his birth. 7th, That his birth and advent occurred on the 25th of December. 8th, That it occurred in accordance with previous prophecy. 9th, That he was presented at birth with frankincense, myrrh, &. 10th, That he was saluted and worshipped as “the Savior of men,” according to the report of the late Christian Missionary Huc. 11th, That he led a life of humility and practical moral usefulness. 12th, That he wrought various astounding miracles, such as healing the sick, restoring sight to the blind, casting out devils, raising the dead to life, &. 13th, That he was finally put to death upon the cross (i e., crucified) between two thieves. 14th. After which he descended to hell, rose from the dead, and ascended back to heaven “in the sight of all men,” as the biblical story declares. For hundreds of other similar parallels, including his doctrines and precepts
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#437004 May 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus changed water into alcoholic wine.
That's an ancient story that occurred in other savior myths long before the myth about Jesus was ever dreamed up in the minds of Catholics.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#437005 May 2, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

A most fatal distrust is thrown upon the miraculous portions of the history of Jesus Christ, as found in his Gospel narratives, by the discovery of the fact (brought to light through recent archaeological researches), that the same marvelous feats, the same miraculous incidents, which were recorded in his life, were long previously ingrafted into the sacred biographies of Gods and demigods no less adored and worshipped as beings possessing divine attributes.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#437006 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
I thought that would be your answer.
Stanley says that when one member 'references' the message of another member.....they should include ALL the wordings of the message given...as in the following reply to you:

.....Yes.....

But NOT you. You profess to be an hAtheist, therefore have No morals. Your messages prove as much.

On the other hand, there is no such thing as an atheist:

.....Agnostic = YES

.....hAtheist = YES

.....atheist = NO

.....wannabeeAtheist = YES

WHO made the dirt!!!!!

Go Figure

Now, git and lick your wounds you hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.

My Stanley can sure put you in your place, you eeejit.

Go Figure
Michael

Canada

#437007 May 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
... and they all broke the infallible teachings of the Catholic Church.
Christ never promised he'd remove sin from Catholics. I hope that's not what you really thought.
Clay said......Christ never promised he'd remove sin from Catholics.

Michael says........If the leaders of the church are not setting a good example, how do you expect people to follow?

If the holy spirit guides the holy fathers, why has the worst of sins been committed by those being guided?

.....makes no common sense.

Location hidden

#437008 May 2, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there is truth in what I write. Sorry you are confused in thinking I blame Pope Francis. I do not blame him.
I wrote that Francis is aware of the problem. I don't believe the two prior Popes were fully aware - which puts the one and only claim in question.
Why don't you like black people?
.....Both Stanley and I do NOT dislike LL...Black people.

It's just that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to comeUP with the REAL numbers that only confirms that MOST wrongs being committed in the WholeWideWorld today are being committed by Mostly Black people.

Everywhere.

You need to get out into the world to see that Black people are the Most racist people on our Pale Blue Dot.

Ps:..Why!!!...are you black???

Go Figure

Location hidden

#437009 May 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Stan-an-Ollie
I just wanted you to know, back in the "good ole" days, my uncle wrote a biography of his producing days from radio to movies. And he wrote quite a bit on you, even has your signed pictures.
Its a speciality book....At Amazon.com
Midwife to an Octopus, by John Swallow.
Stanley says that 'they most certainly' were the Good Old Days.

Why, we could leave our vehicles parked in Laurel Canyon all day and all night with the roof down, let alone locking them up. Indeed, most times we left money and several bottles of the 'Red' inside just in case we 'took off' in the morning for a ride around town. Mind you, there were NO seatBelt bullSchidt back in those days and if we knew the policeman (we knew them ALL) on the corner, he just smiled as we drove by.

We never, ever got ourselves into 'any fine mess'. Our wives would have beatn the schidt out of us anyways.

On the other hand, some of our neighbors...especially Clark Gable was always in trouble. He couldn't drive worth a darn and wreckedUP more cars than Stanley could shake a stick at. As for me, I don't shake any sticks.

Glad to have made you laugh....

...and thanks for the money.

Go Figure

Since: Apr 13

Meycauayan, Philippines

#437010 May 2, 2013
I respect the Catholic church.. But there is no process to prove this. What about the first churches that existed before Catholism existed?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#437011 May 2, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says that when one member 'references' the message of another member.....they should include ALL the wordings of the message given...as in the following reply to you:
.....Agnostic = YES
.....hAtheist = YES
.....atheist = NO
.....wannabeeAtheist = YES
WHO made the dirt!!!!!
Go Figure
Why so much Christianity in this poster?

Fear of death? Fear of the unknown?

To build an ego, to feel special maybe?

Loneliness, in need of a parent figure? Maybe he's defending a parent.

A need to belong, yearning for attention perhaps?

Delusions serve a deep need.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#437012 May 2, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to comeUP with the REAL numbers that only confirms that MOST wrongs being committed in the WholeWideWorld today are being committed by Mostly Black people.
Everywhere.
Many black people are in prison simply because they can't hire the best lawyers.

Courts are not about serving truth. The issue is about who wins the cases.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Innocence Project

The Innocence Project was founded in 1992 by Barry Scheck and Peter Neufeld. To date, the Innocence Project has freed 305 wrongfully convicted people, including 18 who spent time on death row.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocence_Projec...
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#437013 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not and never was bitter about my daughter's choice to take her life. That had nothing whatsoever to do with my leaving religion.
I left simply because I refused to believe that any creator could be so cruel as to purposefully create a realm where the creator was aware that suffering of all forms of life would be an ongoing occurrence.
If you wish to worship such an image of a monster, that is your choice. But I will not have any part of such a belief.
June VanDerMark:

"Now it seems to me that love of some kind is the only possible explanation of the extraordinary amount of suffering that there is in the world.” Oscar Wilde

Love without suffering is to me, more like an imaginary world. That we have suffering is a gift of the God of Love. The more we love, the more we suffer, and sometimes become aware of both.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#437014 May 2, 2013
At one time in America those who were black could not hire a lawyer.

Because black people were not allowed by the white Christians to read and learn, they had no rights. And white Lawyers would not ever dream of taking the case of a black person, as they were terrified of those in religion such as the members of the Ku Klux Klan.

Now, many of these racists are simply jealous that black men and women have become lawyers and can assist those of their own race to have a taste of white "justice."
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#437015 May 2, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>
Everywhere.
You need to get out into the world to see that Black people are the Most racist people on our Pale Blue Dot.
Ps:..Why!!!...are you black???
Go Figure
Thanks for the honesty.

No, I'm tan but not black. I believe I have different life experiences. I played sports with blacks. A black man saved my life once. I guess I'm not as prone to that kind of bigotry.

Thanks for helping to make my point.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#437016 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I at one time admired Mother Theresa, until nuns that worked in her care for many years and finally left wrote their perceptions of the organization. There were others who saw the institution for what it represented, not what the Catholic church wanted it to represent.
And then there were Mother Teresa's own words that stood out as her own worst enemy. Her hypocrisy, her wish to be a saint and leave "heaven" to come back to earth to rescue "sinners" from darkness.
She was bogged down in indoctrination to the point of admiring the suffering of others. Yet when she was dying, she went to a hospital to receive the best of medical care.
I have no respect for what her religion laid on her in order to turn her into a very sick and unhappy woman.
THERE are always variables to everything we humans do.WHO on earth is perfect June? I doubt that Mother Teresa @ the ripe old age of 80plus died unhappy.She was sick,as our bodies are frail,imagine her's living in the sultry climate,and bogged down with the many demands of her ORDER,it takes its tole.

The many books written about her,and wondering why she seemed faithless in the end all fail to realize one thing about the good sister, she never left her vocation,she confided in other good men and women of faith,and she confessed her greatest fears to a priest who no doubt loved her soul and was more than able to understand her desire to serve the Master even though it seemed so harsh.

On the other hand disgruntled nuns and priests,brothers and laity can be found in every organization,and yes many of their concerns are plausible.

People are bound by their natures,no matter how hard they fight to clear their own slate.Human flaw is going to be with us I believe in the eternal life as well,as we will have to be taught by the Lord Himself the best alternative to our thinking.Our brains will not all of a sudden be extricably holy,but we will see that our example of Christ is before us in true reality,and we can learn from HIM,in Person.

I am not one to condone evil action or rebelliousness within the ranks,but understandably human beings often have concerns that are not recognized by all those around them,I see that every day at work,and in church,and everywhere else people live,act,work and continue in this daily discourse of life.

Human error and ambitions never cease,in the most deprived of societies to the ultimately rich,people strive for control over others.Edu cation is wonderful but it is also not a deterrent to the ambitious strivings of human beings.Edu cation can never neutralize the human will to ambitious pursuit.

The flaws in Mother Teresa's community are as apparent as the human beings it comprises of.We"ALL HAVE sinned and come short of the glory of GOD."

We are all born with a nature to sin and cause problems for both ourselves and others.NO one has a perfect soul.Mother Teresa,sought her Lord,and lived her best in Him,and she admitted that no matter how close to HIM she was,she still sinned,and prayed continually to walk close to HIM,to keep herself in toe.

All people who realize they are sinners and in need of help from above,are the happiest,say what you want,but I know few believers who live in constant fear and trepidation,but rather know that when they sin,they have an ADVOCATE with the Father through Christ.It is humbling but we are constantly getting UP,not laying down in our error,and falws.We do not remain down to grovel,but we are lifted up by a holy and Divine S A V I O R who cares and knows our condition of soul.

There is much to be said June, for a clear conscience,a conscience healed by the love of a Creator,who created us all to find HIM,who knows us best.You are lost in the woods dear one,I hope you find a way,a path to the entrance of a clearing that is illuminated by the very Creator you are bound and determined to reject!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437017 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your opinion.
You are welcome.

Carry on.

;o)
Pad

Fishers, IN

#437018 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
A most fatal distrust is thrown upon the miraculous portions of the history of Jesus Christ, as found in his Gospel narratives, by the discovery of the fact (brought to light through recent archaeological researches), that the same marvelous feats, the same miraculous incidents, which were recorded in his life, were long previously ingrafted into the sacred biographies of Gods and demigods no less adored and worshipped as beings possessing divine attributes.
Counterfeits do not annul the fact that there is NOT in fact ONE true reality,of the one,the counterfeits are mimmicking.

NO evidence of counterfeits replace the real McCoy!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437019 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Because on forums we don't see body language, facial expressions, or tones of voice, it is easy to take the wrong meaning from what people post.
It I took the wrong meaning from what you intended, when you didn't mean it as an insult, I apologize.
I've assumed wrong before, and I expect I'll do it again. But it's not on purpose. It's simply that I don't get it right.
Sorry.
No worries and I appreciate your candidness and apology.

I'm always open for questions of clarity, if you don't quite understand something I post.

Cheers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1