Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,741
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436644 May 1, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your fine,it's the church that is totally wrong,but it's man made pagan/christian institution,it is not a holy place,so what else would you expect from a phony church that only cares about making money.
Thank you.

It's just so amazing that the supposed teacher of perfect morals to mankind -- continues to honor in such a blatant and public manner someone who covered up child abuse by over 90 Priests.

I get it. Cardinal Law was a good soldier for the Vatican. But it is painfully clear that the catholic church still does not.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#436645 May 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really were a minister called by Christ (and this forum proves you are not) you wouldn't talk to another human being like that. God loves her as equally as you. God will judge June. God knows her pain and why she rejects Him. God knows her soul.
You have no excuse to preach your deception. You're no different than an Atheist. You claim to follow the Christ, but you don't preach the same Christianity He did. Is there any teaching you haven't undid?
Seriously, can you go one day without lying about the Catholic faith??
You know that you believe I will burn in hell in a hereafter, while you will be saved.

I suggest that you don't preach at another preacher about holy sermons, when your religion teaches such nonsense and you buy into it.

You Christians don't have a kind word for each other, yet you want to teach Atheists how to be HOLY.

Ridiculous.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436646 May 1, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, lady (?), you're a liar.
Regina, you have falsely accused me and judged me, so do you think that after you have me burned at the stake that the pope will canonize me and make me the patron saint of annulments?
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436647 May 1, 2013
To all the Topix readers/post(ers): I do not want you to think that you are hearing from a bitter woman. On the contrary, I feel that I am very blessed because I serve a God of justice, mercy, and love. Now let me tell you the rest of the story: After the recent sex abuse scandal of the Catholic Church was exposed, my ex-husband and his wife decided to leave the Catholic Church. They are now working to restore their relationships with my (now) adult children. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#436648 May 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I don't even need to get into statistics or any kind of data at this point in the game.
You know the truth. I know you know the truth. We showed you and your wife countless data that reveals the subject is no more in the CC than any other organization.
You're using the evil subject of sexual abuse to advance your agenda and bear false witness against the Catholic Church.
Do you still claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ?
~~~

Yo wrote

"We showed you and your wife countless data that reveals the subject is no more in the CC than any other organization."

Why do you lie...You have showed us nothing...

You have spent your days calling names castigating us and criticizing others.

I could put all the data and subject material that we have received

from all you Roman Catholics (since I came on this forum years ago) on

a postage stamp...

You always cite how great your church is (in your wildest dreams) but

otherwise your so call data and subject material never has been revealed.

You have

Prince George, Canada

#436649 May 1, 2013
You won't hear an Atheist bragging about knowing what occurs in a hereafter.

Yet those in religion never shut up about whose fortune telling is on the mark of TRUTH and whose fortune telling is based on lies.

It's always the one pointing outward at evil that is certain he/she OWNS the one and only truth.

It's been going on since religion began and it won't quit until religion ends ... and that is "unfortunate."

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#436650 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in demon existence ... whether Catholic or Protestant in flavor.
:)
well unbelief is a vacancy in which they're happy to take-up residency.

"if you don't stand/believe for something, you'll fall for anything":)

Prince George, Canada

#436651 May 1, 2013
Ella wrote:
To all the Topix readers/post(ers): On the contrary, I feel that I am very blessed because I serve a God of justice, mercy, and love.
Think of those starving innocent babies, children and adults ... people suffering unbelievable heartache and pain from horrible diseases ... non-human animals that didn't do anything but try to survive by using claw, fang, sharp teeth and venom, while being killed in deaths of agony every second of every day and night ... and then preach your sermon about a loving merciful god.

You people and your suck-holing to an image that you created of a loving god is nauseous, as from my perspective I acknowledge the suffering that occurs in the real world.

There is no mercy from any outside source ... NONE! And that is not bitterness on my part ... it is just a fact that I face head on.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#436652 May 1, 2013
who="Just sayin"
When you talk about things of which you know nothing, you look like a dumb@ss.

Demonstrating ???

KM

Prince George, Canada

#436653 May 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well unbelief is a vacancy in which they're happy to take-up residency.
"if you don't stand/believe for something, you'll fall for anything":)
Those in religion fall for varieties of human-created myths.

I face the fact that I don't know the answers to those mysteries, but I do believe that if there is a creator ... it's a mean S.O.B. that doesn't do a thing but watch suffering occur ongoing.

There is no delusion in THAT fact.

A god that could change things for the better and doesn't is worse than useless. FAR WORSE!

And that's why I refuse to believe in the existence of a creator.

I will wait for a better explanation ... and if that doesn't occur, nothing is going to persuade me that a merciful god created a realm where suffering is rampant in all forms of life.

Prince George, Canada

#436654 May 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well unbelief is a vacancy
Surely you jest. You don't believe in any other gods but the one that you favor in your own mythical illusion. You create a vacancy of all other images of gods but your own. And then you have the nerve to preach at me that unbelief is a vacancy.

I suggest you load your self up with all the other mythical gods and insist that they are real and that they hold to the highest value as does yours ... and then you will have no vacancy of belief in ALL human created gods.

How does that grab you?

Prince George, Canada

#436655 May 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just sayin"
When you talk about things of which you know nothing, you look like a dumb@ss.
OH please do give us one of your specialty sermons about how the "loving" god is going to reward you with eternal bliss in the hereafter.

It's a sermon that you value ... OH, and please don't forget the part about the loving god sending us evil ones to burn in hell for eternity. That's probably the part of the sermons that REALLY turns you on, and makes you feel especially powerful and IN CONTROL of the situation.

YUCK!
Clay

Chicago, IL

#436656 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that you believe I will burn in hell in a hereafter, while you will be saved.
I suggest that you don't preach at another preacher about holy sermons, when your religion teaches such nonsense and you buy into it.
You Christians don't have a kind word for each other, yet you want to teach Atheists how to be HOLY.
Ridiculous.
Nonsense. I don't believe that about anybody. Its entirely POSSIBLE. But would never have the guts to say that about another human being. Only God knows your soul.

Prince George, Canada

#436657 May 1, 2013
It states in plain language that the god of the old testament, who was later twisted by Catholic theology in the claim that the same god sent Jesus to earth to save only Catholics ... created evil.

Why do you people ignore that scripture in the old testament and keep on blathering about a "merciful" god?

If I were in power I would not hand out rewards to brown-nosers that have the attitude ... "I will love you god because you command me to love you!"

If you use your better judgment you will see that you crawl on your knees begging love from a god that supposedly created EVIL!
Clay

Chicago, IL

#436658 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Yo wrote
"We showed you and your wife countless data that reveals the subject is no more in the CC than any other organization."
a postage stamp...
You have
Of course you ignored everything presented to you. That INCLUDES teachings on Christianity. You opt instead to form your own religion based on what you see in the Bible. Its not the same as what the Apostles taught, but oh well..

Prince George, Canada

#436659 May 1, 2013
The one-god dogma states emphatically that there IS only one god, and it's the god created by the Jews.

The theology makes it plain that you can't persuade a Jewish god to love Catholics, Protestants and Muslims, when the god was trained by Jews to love ONLY his "chosen few."

If you want to play at theology then I suggest that you play fair, and stop trying to steal the affections of the Jewish god away from the Jews to USE for your own theologies.

Maybe you could create new gods for your mental play-things. One for Catholics ... one for Muslims ... and one for Protestants.

Sarcasm intended.

Prince George, Canada

#436660 May 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. I don't believe that about anybody. Its entirely POSSIBLE. But would never have the guts to say that about another human being. Only God knows your soul.
Then you are not a died in the wool Catholic. You know full well that the basic Catholic teaching is to love your neighbor ... but only if they belong to the Catholic church. If they don't you try to persuade them ... and if that doesn't work ... you torture them ... and if that work ... you finish the job by burning them at the stake ... as THAT my friends ... is the will of GOD on HIGH!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#436661 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Yo wrote
a postage stamp...
You have
Yawn...You and your wife are proficient in lying.

Other Christian movements have suffered similar scandals, but Pentecostalism seems particularly rife with them. Insiders know some of the reasons. Deeply embedded within the Pentecostal movementís ethos is a cult of personality; charismatic leaders are put on pedestals above accountability and are often virtually worshiped by many of their followers.

Too few courses in basic ethics are required in Pentecostal colleges (perhaps because many Pentecostals, especially older ones, assume that being Spirit-filled guarantees right behavior), and too many pastors handle the churchesí money and travel alone without having to account for their whereabouts or activities. Itís the movementís own dirty little secret: sexual promiscuity and financial misconduct are rampant within its ranks, and little is done about this unless a scandal becomes public.

Several Pentecostal denominations have instituted policies to handle cases of pastoral moral turpitude and financial misconduct, but they have found those policies hard to enforce. At least one Pentecostal denomination has a policy that forbids investigation of charges that are more than five years old. One can only wonder why the leaders decided on that limit.

There is no body that regulates independent churches and ministers, but Pentecostal leaders could work harder to expose their colleagues who transgress and to warn their flocks (and others) against them. Far too much nervousness about powerful television and radio preachers infects well-intentioned and ethically sensitive Pentecostal leaders. Itís time for the movement to own up to its sometimes sleazy history and go the extra mile in cleaning house in the cases of ministers and evangelists who are less than honest and chaste. It should not be left to publications like Christianity Today and Charisma to reveal scandals involving Pentecostal ministers, evangelists and denominational executives.

Still another aspect of Pentecostalismís dark side is its tendency to condone dishonesty on the part of influential and popular evangelists and ministers. http://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.as...

Prince George, Canada

#436663 May 1, 2013
It wouldn't matter how many gods people created in their own images, most people are greedy for more.

As much as Christians claim to believe in one god, the fact of the "matter" is that there are approximately 38,000 divisive denominations of Christianity, all claiming to know the righteous path to "heaven."

That bespeaks of the greed of humans wanting their own way.

Prince George, Canada

#436665 May 1, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Other Christian movements have suffered similar scandals, but Pentecostalism seems particularly rife with them.
When private homes are rife with child sexual molestation, it bespeaks of the idea that cover-ups are common place all throughout society.

It is my guess that all members of hierarchies concerning religion cover up what they don't want putting blemishes on their "holy" establishments.

The Catholic hierarchy took the brunt of scandal ... but they are just one among many religious establishments that covered for their preachers who molested.

Personal confessions from those who have been molested in other places of worship indicates that is so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 16 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 18 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 19 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••