Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599372 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#436680 May 1, 2013
Public bias: The public may view sexual abuse by priests very differently from similar crimes by Protestant clergy. The Roman Catholic Church is generally seen as a monolithic organization with a clearly defined rigid hierarchy. Thus a case of abuse becomes a "Roman Catholic scandal" rather than a local parish problem. A similar molestation in a Protestant church would probably be viewed as a local problem isolated to a single congregation, because of the decentralized nature of most Protestant churches.

http://forum.chnetwork.org/index.php...
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436681 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you go fly your holy kite and allow your hot air to take it to places unknown.
:)
Poor little June, so misunderstood.
Your the only one full of hot air on this forum.

Prince George, Canada

#436682 May 1, 2013
It's true that most any bozo can get a license to start a new Protestant church, and in turn become their own hierarchy.

Who do children report molestation to when they are taught not to go to the law, but to depend on the ones in the church to figure it out?

It's comparable to going to the fox that kills the chickens to find out how to get the fox to stop killing the chickens.

Prince George, Canada

#436683 May 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor little June, so misunderstood.
Your the only one full of hot air on this forum.
But I don't pretend that my hot air is ordained by a god.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436684 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Preachers Accused of Sins, and Crimes: ABC News Investigation Uncovers Predators in Protestant Churches, Jim Avila, Bonnie Van Gilder, and Matt Lopez, April 13, 2007 (ABC News / 20/20)[see also a related URL][concentrates on Southern Baptists][A] six-month investigation by "20/20" found Protestant ministers, supposed men of God from every denomination, sexually abusing the children who trusted them. The investigation uncovered "preacher predators" in every corner of the country.
http://forum.chnetwork.org/index.php...
It is in every walk of life June. Homes, schools, boy scot, girl guides, sports, the biggest complaints are against fathers, brothers, cousins, family friends .
I guess why it is so disturbing to hear that a priest or pastor does it is because they are suppose to be represent God.
So once again God gets blamed for the abuse, for the actions of ungodly men.

Prince George, Canada

#436685 May 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you stop playing the blame game.
I don't belittle others in the pretense that a god called me to his service.

I do blame people who use words from supposed holy books to claim that they know how others should behave, when it's plain that their own behavior is no better than the behavior of the ones at which they preach.

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436686 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But I don't pretend that my hot air is ordained by a god.
Glad to hear that because its not.

Prince George, Canada

#436687 May 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
So once again God gets blamed for the abuse, for the actions of ungodly men.
I don't blame a god for the abuse. That's an excuse. I also don't praise a god for being merciful, as that also is an excuse.

I don't believe that a creator had any part in a plan so obnoxious as what occurs on earth ... so for me it's a safe bet to believe there's a better explanation of which humans can't by flighty imagination control.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436688 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Protestants have a lot of fun pointing fingers at the Catholic church ... but when it's plain that the cover-ups in Protestant churches were right under their "holy noses" ... it makes them defensive and very disturbed.
GOOD!
Very true.

And each one points fingers at the other, as if being no worse than than the Baptists means anything.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436689 May 1, 2013
Pope Francis I wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Pope suggests that you should 'guess' again.
Pertinent to the monsters within the Holy Roman Catholic Church that carried out sexual abuse on children, Your Pope says that what they did was terrible and that they will be judged for it if not here on earth, then for sure once they die.
Mind you, that over the 2000 years that have followed Our Lord Jesus Christ, hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Monks, Brothers, Sisters, Laypeople have given their kindness, care, compassion, monies, time, medicines, attention, teachings, comfort to the poor, sick, destitute, the blind and the insane. For you to take a small minority of this group and blatantly 'smear' the whole with your hateful references only goes to show the kind of mentality that there is in this world. Do you teach your children in like-fashion? Because if you do, you are on the road to perdition.
Predominately, child sexual abuse takes place within the family but you should spend some of your time studying what is going on in the world of sports, schooling, universities, and especially entertainment. Youths are being 'bought' from parents by drug addicts and 'sold' to evil men.
Save us, Savior of the world for by your Cross and Resurrection, you have set us free.
Your Pope
Francis I
Your not my Pope, but I agree with your post.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#436690 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sickening blather.
So sayeth one of the most hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains hereIN.

Stanley says to let you know that your BLACK Bus is on time to arrive at your designated station to pick you up to take you on your one-way trip to your ultimate party.

Go Figure

Location hidden

#436691 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Once Catholics started complaining about their sexual abuse as children ... Protestants also started to feel justified in reporting their childhood molestations.
Heavy abuse went on in the Jehovah's Witness denominations, as probably occurred in all others.
Pointing fingers often doesn't pay
As fingers tent to bend the other way
Ollie says that you are living proof of someone crying out in the dark.

When are you going to tell the world about the sexual abuse that you endured while growing up in your family.

Its so obvious. Your hatred confirms it.

Go Figure
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436692 May 1, 2013
Pope Francis I wrote:
<quoted text>
Pertinent to the monsters within the Holy Roman Catholic Church that carried out sexual abuse on children, Your Pope says that what they did was terrible and that they will be judged for it if not here on earth, then for sure once they die.
Mind you, that over the 2000 years that have followed Our Lord Jesus Christ, hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Monks, Brothers, Sisters, Laypeople have given their kindness, care, compassion, monies, time, medicines, attention, teachings, comfort to the poor, sick, destitute, the blind and the insane. For you to take a small minority of this group and blatantly 'smear' the whole with your hateful references only goes to show the kind of mentality that there is in this world. Do you teach your children in like-fashion? Because if you do, you are on the road to perdition.
Predominately, child sexual abuse takes place within the family but you should spend some of your time studying what is going on in the world of sports, schooling, universities, and especially entertainment. Youths are being 'bought' from parents by drug addicts and 'sold' to evil men.
Save us, Savior of the world for by your Cross and Resurrection, you have set us free.
Your Pope
Francis I
The problem that Pope Francis is aware of is that the child sex-abuse scandal was swept under the rug and covered up by at least two ex-Pope and the College of Cardinals for decades.

Church first, victims second.

The problem is this attitude and action tells us with absolute certainty that no god is leading this church.

It has once again proven itself to be no better than the churches it claims are not.

That's the sticky part, isn't in Fran?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436693 May 1, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>So sayeth one of the most hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains hereIN.
Stanley says to let you know that your BLACK Bus is on time to arrive at your designated station to pick you up to take you on your one-way trip to your ultimate party.
Go Figure
Is that you Pope Francis?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436694 May 1, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm am trying to follow you.
We agree that God defines marriage, but are you saying the Church can change that definition at any time? It seems so.
You surely see the absurdity! How can you say that 50-60,000 Catholic couples per year didn't understand the oath -- often after 10 or 20 years?
Or maybe they had their fingers crossed?
OK, after a year or two at most. But after 20 years and a handful of children? Surely you can't be serious.
No matter how absurd, you will maintain the delusion.
The best part is I'll bet there has been no official change in church policy. My guess is even the church finds this situation embarrassing. But you are caught defending it. Funny how delusions can be so confusing.
Um, no, I don't think they did understand the oath. Those little parts of the vows like "until death do us part" are obviously not taken seriously.

Statistically divorce is miniscule among weekly mass goers compared to so-called Catholics who never go or only occasionally.

Again, if we can define marriage, why can't we define what's not marriage?

Location hidden

#436695 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you go fly your holy kite and allow your hot air to take it to places unknown.
:)
Stanley says that your response is just what Your Pope would expect from you.

There is more intelligence in Your Pope's little finger than in your whole body. You lack enough DNA to determine if you are either a cockRoach or a louse.

Go Figure
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436696 May 1, 2013
Pope Francis I wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Pope
Francis I
What about the monsters who covered it up for so long?

Cardinal Law for example. What makes anyone believe God wants Cardinal Law to be honored so much by "his" church?

It's delusional.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436698 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't belittle others in the pretense that a god called me to his service.
I do blame people who use words from supposed holy books to claim that they know how others should behave, when it's plain that their own behavior is no better than the behavior of the ones at which they preach.
Then what message are you trying to convey to others , by posting all the negativity against God June.
Which are not your own words but what other people have written, are you not letting someone else influences your opinion.
If you truly believe in your heart there is no God, then so be it.
I have had a great relationship on here with many no believers, They believe what they do for a reason, I am not going to change them, or what they believe, Jethro is a great guy and a gentlemen I might add.
If you want to be friends speak from your heart let your own thoughts and feelings come through not some else's, in other words be true to yourself.
People are going to get a big surprised, there are many people who call themselves Christians June, but are they really.
Many false prophets and doctrine out there, June all the stuff happening in this world is not God's idea.
satan is the god of this world , love begets love, hate begets hate.

Location hidden

#436699 May 1, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem that Pope Francis is aware of is that the child sex-abuse scandal was swept under the rug and covered up by at least two ex-Pope and the College of Cardinals for decades.
Church first, victims second.
The problem is this attitude and action tells us with absolute certainty that no god is leading this church.
It has once again proven itself to be no better than the churches it claims are not.
That's the sticky part, isn't in Fran?
Ollie says that while there is truth in what you write, you cannot point fingers at Pope Francis. He is no more to blame for what went on in the past then your father or grandfather is for causing prolonging WWII while not supporting it.

GOD is leading the Holy Roman Catholic Church. Its evident in most of the 1.3 billion members of the Faithful.

Never has so many of the whole population of the poor world depended on so few for so long.

Go Figure
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436700 May 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Or in the case of my brothers wedding (Evangelical and Jehovah Witness) he was drunk and his groomsmen were stumbling around too. The Judge thought it was funny.
It was a 'hook up' between two people. Not a Holy Sacrament. The Catholic Church won't recognize that as a valid marriage. Its no wonder the Protestant world is confused when it comes to same sex marriage.
I remember my wedding. The Church said, if they detect any alcohol prior to the Wedding Mass, they'll cancel it.
The priest officiating my daughter's and my son's wedding said the same thing. They were both at least 90 minutes long. The last protestant wedding I was at took 15 minutes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 24 min GTID62 206
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr 3way4u 9,598
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... 22 hr tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sun pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 23 QUITTNER Jul 23 2015 5
More from around the web