Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,098
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#436331 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Imagine how terrified humans were to be accused by a pope or an imam of offending a god and knowing that the pope or the imam had the final say in the issue!
There were no higher courts to which people could go for help.
John Calvin ordered the death of a seven-year-old child for slapping his parents, and the crowd honored that wretched crime as the will of a god.
They traveled in packs comparible to rabid dogs, singing the praises of one or another god as they went, and all the while they preached from the "good" books how to be holy.

It is catholic propaganda to claim the Protestants were just as bad. evidenced by the fact that since the end of the holy roman empire there is no more inquisition. The Protestants were often just defending themselves from Rome's empire.

Rome's holy wars do continue only under another guise otherwise we would all know who the enemy is. Since the HRE fell she continues as the world revolution.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#436332 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So the Muslims will be elated to hear that the Catholics and Protestants have finally seen the light and that all souls from all religions will be welcome in the high realm.
Then why are you people fighting over whose religion is the true one?

Not all, only those who accept the free gift of faith in their creator, Jesus Christ!

There is no fighting. They are free to believe or not. The fighting in the middle east seems to be about empires. Islam is a violent intolerant religion that will exterminate all others when allowed.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436333 Apr 29, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
While the Jews do deny Christ so do all other religions.
The faithful Jews carried on honoring Judaism.

The ex-Jew Catholics did not honor the faithful Jews OR Judaism.

That's WHY the ex-Jew Catholics created a new religion and a new supposed savior that ONLY honored Catholics.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436334 Apr 29, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all, only those who accept the free gift of faith in their creator, Jesus Christ!
Now you have Jesus creating the universe!

Hahahahahaha

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436335 Apr 29, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It is catholic propaganda to claim the Protestants were just as bad.
I'm not Catholic and I claim that the Protestants were every bit as brutal as the Catholics.

The Protestants were the first to arrive in America and steal the land from the Native Indians.

The Protestants fought so much among their own denominations, the so-called founding fathers had to create separation of church and state in order that they quit trying to kill each other ... with loving intentions ... of course.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#436336 Apr 29, 2013
Fortunate1 wrote:
I was just reading a story about some 260,000 Somalians who have died of hunger. Starved to death because of an East African famine. Over half of those who died were children under the age of 5 years old. This is why millionaires like myself will continue to attend the Catholic Church to pray but I will no longer give my money to the church during offerings. I will offer my prayers, only. The Catholic Church should be leading the way to help these children and I never hear any effort being made by the Catholic Church on these dire issues. Why? What good is all of that gold sitting in the Vatican if it cannot help to alleviate the suffering of so many children? Religion is not what you preach; it is what you practice. I heard nothing from the Catholic Church after the earthquake in Haiti, including many other countries where children are innocent sufferers. My money will go directly to those who need it most, the poor children; not the Catholic Church to settle lawsuits for the pedofile priests.
If you ever find a means to send US dollars directly to the poor children,wherever they are,who will have the wherewithal to convert US dollars into their local currency....let me know.....please...
marge

Ames, IA

#436337 Apr 29, 2013
There is one person on this board who is preaching the True way to Eternal Life Forever with GOD in the last day or so.
Seek and you shall find if you Humble yourself before GOD.
HE promised.
marge

Ames, IA

#436338 Apr 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ever find a means to send US dollars directly to the poor children,wherever they are,who will have the wherewithal to convert US dollars into their local currency....let me know.....please...
hey Oxbow, its sad they don't know where to give their blessings to return to them. Please preach the gospel to them on this board so they will have a clue?:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#436339 Apr 29, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Oxbow, its sad they don't know where to give their blessings to return to them. Please preach the gospel to them on this board so they will have a clue?:)
It would be a waste of time, unless the following they have been given, by God, is resolved!!!!!

According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; unto this day.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#436340 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the thing that's nasty about your religion. You WANT me to be punished for not believing your dogmas.
I'm not in religion, and I want you to be treated with the most tender affection and care henceforth. I don't want you to suffer or believe that you deserve to suffer. If I could protect you from suffering, I would do my best, but I am helpless to help you, as I can't even prevent my own suffering. All forms of life suffer, and so I have to abide by the laws of nature and within my selfish will to survive try my best to be kind to others.
Do you see the difference in our perspectives?
What I see is a very confused and mixed up "anti-religious" author quoting "quack" who hasn't learned much of "anything" leading up to the older age where you are at "now"--except "spinning her wheels" in just more confusion and more chaos!!! I have just as much compassion and charity for ALL people of all faiths and those even without faith as you do June!......Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church is the center, source and salvation of my daily life,(DAILY MASS and the EUCHARIST) not because I was raised a Catholic--but because the Spirit of God, through Jesus Christ --led me to the historical and biblical TRUTH, of Our Lords One (and only one) TRUE CHURCH. As it is written, faith comes by hearing and hearing by the WORD of God (which is Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#436341 Apr 30, 2013
marge wrote:
There is one person on this board who is preaching the True way to Eternal Life Forever with GOD in the last day or so.
Seek and you shall find if you Humble yourself before GOD.
HE promised.
So which one of you (one person on this board) out of the 42,000 contradicting Protestants, is the one preaching the "true way to eternal life"!-----Is it Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, jethro8, LTM, PAD,------ you Marge----- or some else that I missed!
Timothy Tavo

Suva, Fiji

#436342 Apr 30, 2013
As if God or Jesus Christ said so.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436343 Apr 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
So which one of you (one person on this board) out of the 42,000 contradicting Protestants, is the one preaching the "true way to eternal life"!-----Is it Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, jethro8, LTM, PAD,------ you Marge----- or some else that I missed!
The One who points to Jesus is the True follower of Jesus.
Because only Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

You Hojo are a mocker of the word of God, you do not follow Jesus you follow man made traditions of a religious sect nothing more.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436345 Apr 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does any god of the universe require one, and only one single way to approach this god?

Of course, the one way is your way. What a coincidence!

That's an amazing delusion! God appoints an institution which openly honors child abuse enablers - to bring "morality" to mankind.

What next? Sainthood for Hitler?

Aren't these delusions incredible!
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436346 Apr 30, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
The false prophets who claimed to speak for God, would include men like Zedekiah and the 400 “prophets” who assured Ahab and Jehoshaphat that “God” would give Israel the victory over Syria’s army (1 Kings 22:5). There were also those prophets who spoke from their own inspiration, claiming that God had spoken through them (Ezekiel 13:2). Hananiah is another example of a false prophet ( Jeremiah 28:1-17) who proclaimed God's plan before the King. His false prophecy led to his death.
Thank you. Got it. False prophets should ide.

So why is Pat Robertson (hurricanes, end of times, etc.) still alive?

Seems that the era of "prophets" - false or otherwise - has ended. Today we call them simply "deluded."
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436347 Apr 30, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no fighting. They are free to believe or not. The fighting in the middle east seems to be about empires. Islam is a violent intolerant religion that will exterminate all others when allowed.
An army of Christians marched into the desert to confront the army of Islam. They marched with little water or supplies, instead placing all their faith in Jesus, as the Bible clearly states.

The Christian army was slaughtered, with the captives treated humanely for the times, being allowed to return home with only their right arms chopped off.

So how did faith in Jesus turn out for Christianity? How about for Islam?

Based on the Bible and events, Jesus seems to have converted to Islam.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436349 Apr 30, 2013
More Bible magic....

There is the magical flood, yet we now know with certainty that the flood never happened.

There are the magical miracles of Jesus, but (predictably) none of these miracles left behind any tangible evidence.

There is the magical resurrection, yet there is zero evidence that it ever occurred and no reason to believe it.

Jesus appeared magically to many folks in the Bible - including some who knew him personally. Why? So they would believe. So why did Jesus stop appearing?

As the Age of Knowledge progressed, religious magic stopped.

Why?

The reason is obvious to all but the delusional.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436350 Apr 30, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Got it. False prophets should ide.
So why is Pat Robertson (hurricanes, end of times, etc.) still alive?
Seems that the era of "prophets" - false or otherwise - has ended. Today we call them simply "deluded."
The idea that Jewish Apostles would "with pride no less" prophecy of Jesus "another Jew" coming in the flesh to save only those claiming to be Christians, is beyond ridiculous.

It would be comparable to Catholic Apostles prophesying (with pride) that a Catholic savior was coming to earth in the flesh to give messages from the Catholic GOD that would save only those of the Protestant religion.

Had they asked questions of their dogmas, they would see that the theologians were nuttier than fruitcakes. But so trained were and are they to never question "GOD" they simply look outward scanning the horizon for EVIL in others, and don't see the foolishness of their own preaching.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436351 Apr 30, 2013
Speaking of the magical flood...

Why hasn't any religious organization ever built and put on display on the water -- a working model of the ark -- built to the specs in the Bible?

In fact, some have. The problem is that the ark kept flipping over with keel in the air.

The fact is that the Biblical design doesn't work.

No? Then lobby your church to do it. If your ark built to Biblical scale stays upright, then yours is certainly the "true church of God."

This is what is called "a golden opportunity."

Why not put your money where your mouth is?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436352 Apr 30, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
More Bible magic....
There is the magical flood, yet we now know with certainty that the flood never happened.
Such major catastrophes probably did occur on earth, and the myths were created by frightened people after the occurrences.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Floods

Almost 5000 years ago, some scientists believe, a large asteroid or comet crashed into the Indian Ocean, producing a tsunami about 13 times as big as the one that inundated Southeast Asia in December 2004. That almost every culture throughout history has had a flood myth, of which Noah and the Ark is the most famous in the Western world, demonstrates the fear and awe that floods inspire in human consciousness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 min Married in 8,331
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 11 hr TheRealOzzy 14
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 14 hr Delilahblue 171
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 15 hr Nulli Secundus 1
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Mon Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE