Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,507
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436277 Apr 29, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the parents of some of the 9/11 terrorists still refuse to believe that their children were involved.
Many Catholics still refuse to believe that the worldwide abuse cover-up showed a lack of morality.
The Catholic church put its welfare ahead of the welfare of thousands of child sex victims.
That is immoral, plain and simple -- to anyone except a catholic.
RE: The SEXUAL ABUSE scandal: The Vatican has all of these parish priests exposed for their sexual crimes against innocent children they were entrusted to shepherd and train up in the ways of the Lord. The Vatican comes up with a 'brilliant' solution: 1) rather than removing the perpetrators of the sexual abuse, you simply move them to another parish and what? hope they don't get caught the next time. 2) to address damage control you erect billboards and sign s,and take out ads in newspapers telling former Catholics,'come back and we will welcome you with open arms', Come on!! How stupid do you think people really are? People don't want to attend churches were their family members may be at risk. Trust has been broken. Integrity has been stripped away. The veil of deception still remains. And what about the innocent lives of those children (some now adults) whom your priests committed those sexual crimes against? Did you think your 'hush money' to the victims will undo the grievous physical, emotional, social, financial and spiritual WOUNDS they must now bare (some for the rest of their lives)? Lastly, what about the gospel message? Don't you think that the Vatican's solutions and their priests actions have mocked God and His Word and branded those Catholics who are seriously embracing their belief and walk with the Lord? Not to mention those currently in seminary. How does the Vatican justify and rationalize this? How will priests now address their contributions to society's ills from their pulpits? These are grievous WOUNDS committed against God, man, local communities and society at large! They cannot be swept under the rug.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#436278 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll make it simple for you.
Anyone who did not follow the dogma of the popes, which incidentally changed with each pope ... was imprisoned, tortured and/or put to death.
If that simple enough for you?
June VanDerMark:

Anyone?

Earth isn't the Garden of Eden. I have generally found, the closer one is to the truth, the more it upsets people, and especially those in power.

To be honest, I do not know who, or how many were imprisoned, tortured, and/or put to death.

If a thousand Christians do something wrong, the world makes a big deal.
If a million people in the world do something wrong, its hardly even mentioned.

History is written, and rewritten, I don't believe in modern news, why should I believe in history?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436279 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion - A Delusion
Option 3 God's Goodness is greater than human beings ability to mess things up.
I agree, some Catholics, still have not come to terms with sex crimes of clergy, the shock, denial, and process of healing. Should they all be sent to hell because of this?
Have a little patience. Rome was not built in a day. Haha.
None of us are perfect.

And no, no Catholic should be sent to Biblical Hell, nor should any other person.

Furthermore, I don't believe anyone should fall short in any way based on their culture.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#436280 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why all the killing between the Catholics, Protestants and Muslims.
Are they immoral?
June VanDerMark:

The collision of ideas, and cultures.

The greed, lust for power of idealogues, and avarice of materialists.

Ignorance.

Its the way of the world.

All quite explosive, and deadly.

Its good there are so many looking for good.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#436281 Apr 29, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
None of us are perfect.
And no, no Catholic should be sent to Biblical Hell, nor should any other person.
Furthermore, I don't believe anyone should fall short in any way based on their culture.
Religion - A Delusion

I agree, none of us are perfect. But can we strive for, or, be made perfect?

You bring up in both sentences the word "should". That is a judgemental call. Since we are all in the world, living in time, it is hard to be objective, from an eternal stance (though most of us have a sense of eternity) to make such a judgement.

At the same time it is a hope and prayer, by people of faith that all live in eternity in peace and joy. Such a state of being is called "blessed". Jesus' first teaching in Matthew were on being blessed. They are known as the Beatitudes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatitudes

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436282 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Its good there are so many looking for good.
Did they have to have a religion to make them search for what was "good" or right, and if so, why all the religious wars?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436283 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
History is written, and rewritten, I don't believe in modern news, why should I believe in history?
So much for your bible ... as you thrown in the trash can.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436284 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Not to get to technical, but Catherine of Siena was not a member of the clergy, she was a lay person who followed the teachings of Dominic. The term Doctor of the Church, means Teacher.
Very technically, she was not a Roman Catholic, because such a name did not exist in her time, and Christianity was simply called Catholic(Universal) Church.
Now you are double-talking.

Catholics were the only ones that could canonize her as a Catholic saint.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436285 Apr 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know enough about Catholicism and Judaism to even have an opinion on it. You see: the titles: "Jesus was a Jew" and "Pope Francis is a Gentle" then you run off in a frenzy.
The smart thing to do if you're trying to bring down the Catholic Church is get to know your opponent. Figure out what they actually believe and why; where it came from and how.
Right now you see words like Jew and Catholic and draw assumptions that do not make sense.
June VanDerMark wrote:
Not one Catholic that I ever encountered has ventured to refer to Jesus the Jew as a Catholic saint.
Neither do they refer to him as a Jewish saint.
It's odd that one so revered would not hold the highest title of one or the other.
But that's what happened when the Catholics told their big lie, that a Jew was coming to save only those of the Catholic faith.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#436286 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that "ministering" to others in the name of one or another deity is definitely (from watching the television evangelists such as Benny Hinn) a high-flying pastime, but it can and has deleterious after-affects that are nothing of which to be proud.
I might suggest something or other to you ... but I will never suggest to you that a deity supports my idea and commands that I go preach my idea to others of the world.
From my perspective that is way out in la-la land.
Its more than just a past time. Ask the people following these pastors if they have had serious issues in their life most will say yes.

The ones who think for themselves and make rational decisions, usually don't have personal problems and really have no use for someone else (preachers) telling them how they should live their lives.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#436287 Apr 29, 2013
I Cor. Chapter 3

In Corinth the Christians were affected by divided loyalties. One said he was of Apollos, another declared that he was of Paul.

Paul said that he and Apollos planted and watered, but God gave the increase. We (all of us) are laborers together WITH GOD. We, he said, are God's 'husbandry'(keepers of God's field). Therefore LET NO MAN GLORY IN MAN.

For other foundation can NO MAN lay than that is laid, which is JESUS CHRIST. Eph.1:22 (God) has put ALL things under his feet, and gave HIM to be the HEAD over all things to the church; which is HIS body, the fullness of HIM that filleth all in all.

Whose 'head' is on YOUR body??? The head of the church is Christ. Ministries in the church are given by Jesus for the purpose of perfecting the church; for building up His body. Eph.4:11-15
Even as the organs in your body work together to perfect it, we are to minister health to the body of Christ...to each other.

I Cor. 3 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; ALL ARE YOURS; AND YOU ARE CHRIST'S, AND CHRIST IS GOD'S.

KayMarie

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436288 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Please don't get angry with me.
But I don't understand your question.
Can you tell me what you mean "Catholic" saint?
Do you mean someone cannonized, as part of the RCC?
YES ... why didn't they canonize Jesus as a Catholic saint? After all they claim he authorized the new religion. Why did the Jewish apostles, Jewish Mary, and Jewish Peter the first supposed pope all become canonized as saints ... yet the Jewish founder of the religions wasn't put up by the hierarchy for sainthood?

WHY???

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436289 Apr 29, 2013
Imagine the King of the Jews being referred to as a Catholic saint.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#436290 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sermons don't "move me."
My father went to sunday mass every week. Died of a massive heart attack at 61. His first and last.

Everyday christians pray billions and billions of prayers each one selfishly asking for something. A young woman prays that it will be sunny on her wedding day this saturday, yet just down the road from her wedding, farmers will be praying for rain.

.......People pray for everything under the sun. People pray to be taller, to be shorter, to lose weight, to win the big game, to ace the exam, to have a boyfriend or have a girlfriend, or to win the lottery..........most people pray on sunday. Gods day off. That is not very nice.

I never pray, I figure things out myself. If they don't work out that is the way it was meant to be.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#436291 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being:

If a thousand Christians do something wrong, the world makes a big deal.
If a million people in the world do something wrong, its hardly even mentioned.

Sounds like today's politicians. It is simply a battle between good and evil.

KayMarie

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436292 Apr 29, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its more than just a past time. Ask the people following these pastors if they have had serious issues in their life most will say yes.
The ones who think for themselves and make rational decisions, usually don't have personal problems and really have no use for someone else (preachers) telling them how they should live their lives.
I had plenty of personal problems when I was under the spell of religion, and still have problems, only now I believe that if all other animals suffer, then it's only "natural" that humans also suffer, and I try to take life as it comes, one sensation of disappointment at a time and one sensation of joy at a time.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436293 Apr 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Human Being:
It is simply a battle between good and evil.
KayMarie
Would that be your good and other people's evil?

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#436294 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
Not one Catholic that I ever encountered has ventured to refer to Jesus the Jew as a Catholic saint.
Neither do they refer to him as a Jewish saint.
It's odd that one so revered would not hold the highest title of one or the other.
But that's what happened when the Catholics told their big lie, that a Jew was coming to save only those of the Catholic faith.
If God is perfect why would he be born a jew, live a jew his entire life, then dump his beloved religion, CHANGE his ways to head the catholic church, without any plan of operation or rules/regulations?

If Jews do not believe in sons of God or the trinity, why would God be born a Jew if he is suppose to be part of the trinity, and Jews do not believe in the trinity?

......makes no common sense.....
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436295 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion - A Delusion
I agree, none of us are perfect. But can we strive for, or, be made perfect?
You bring up in both sentences the word "should". That is a judgemental call. Since we are all in the world, living in time, it is hard to be objective, from an eternal stance (though most of us have a sense of eternity) to make such a judgement.
At the same time it is a hope and prayer, by people of faith that all live in eternity in peace and joy. Such a state of being is called "blessed". Jesus' first teaching in Matthew were on being blessed. They are known as the Beatitudes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatitudes
Thanks for the link. That's something I'll read.

Yes, I agree. The word "should" does imply judgement.

In my judgement -- no just God should (or would) punish anyone for a crime committed by their parents.

In my judgement -- no just God should (or would) punish anyone based on their culture and religious upbringing.

I do not rule out the possibility of a Higher Power.

Just not an imaginary being driven by petty human emotions, one who is so arbitrary as to punish innocent children for circumstances completely beyond their control.

My mind says impossible. So I don't fear a petty, arbitrary god.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436296 Apr 29, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
most people pray on sunday. Gods day off. That is not very nice.

EARLY CHRISTIANS - 2nd Century

"The primitive Christians did keep the Sabbath of the Jews;...therefore the Christians, for a long time together, did keep their conventions upon the Sabbath, in which some portions of the law were read: and this continued till the time of the Laodicean council." "The Whole Works" of Jeremy Taylor, Vol. IX,p. 416 (R. Heber's Edition, Vol XII, p. 416).

http://www.remnantofgod.org/sabhist.htm#2

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Gee-Tee 8,721
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 22 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web