Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,026)

Showing posts 420,501 - 420,520 of512,093
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

what deference
pedestrian
and what?
see
be good

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>You are lonely.
How could I possibly be lonely, when I have such holy people as you showing me the way to find eternal bliss?

You light up my life.

:)
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
TRUTH ABOUT GOD - the Truth....
All of man's gods throughout history have one thing in common.
None have left any evidence or proof.
There is no evidence that will hold up in any court. Nothing can be tested. Nothing can be measured. You can't show that prayer works.
It's called faith. It is not fact or science. It's an opinion -- different from 95% to 99% of the rest of humanity.
Pronouncements should begin with "I believe," and should not contain the term "fact."
If you tell the truth, then you don't have to make up lies.
Judging others is just an opinion based only on faith, not fact.
That's the TRUTH.
Religion - A Delusion:

But can you prove what you are writing is the truth?

I just read of lot of circular reasoning, from you.

Not much room for a dialogue.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Thus your paranoid about Christians sneaking into your house, hiding under your bed,waiting for you to fall asleep,
By the way, I wonder if invisible gods can get erections other than when they are supporting holy wars?

Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that the early Catholics learned all about sexual behavior from the Pagan religions. Ancient literature boasts of using boys for sexual pleasures. It was not considered a crime, or even anything disrespectful.
Now we call it pedophilia. Back then it was known as Man, boy LOVE ... which is from where the group of men that belong to NAMBLA take their literature, as they want to make taking advantage of boys seem normal.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Scholars have debated the role or extent of sexual activity, which is likely to have varied according to local custom and individual inclination.[8] The English word "pederasty" in present-day usage might imply the abuse of minors in certain jurisdictions, but Athenian law, for instance, did not recognize consent and age as factors in regulating sexual behavior.[9] As classical historian Robin Osborne has pointed out, historical discussion of paiderastia is complicated by 21st-century moral standards
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty_in_anc...
June VanDerMark:

I agree, but perhaps not in the way, or intent you write. You seem to blame religion, when it is human beings in societies that do sexual abuse.

Pedophilia, abortion, rape, exploitation, this is the norm of society. Christianity challenged the norm. As Christianity declines in a society, then those things arise again.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion - A Delusion:
But can you prove what you are writing is the truth?
I just read of lot of circular reasoning, from you.
Not much room for a dialogue.
Dialogue about proving fantasy??? It's been tried by Catholics, Protestants, Muslims and Jews (just to name a few) and nothing came of it but torture and rivers of blood being shed.

Do you have any solutions to the problems other than more "discussion" concerning whose fantasies are the real deal compared to the fakeroos?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Run along. You guys and your ignorance do nothing for Christianity. It gives the rest of us a bad name.

Hahahahahaha

Yes June!! When you "eventually lay" on your death bed--- The joke will CONTINUE to be "ON YOU"!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I haven't seen a nun in years.
Thankfully, the manly Catholic Priesthood has the morals thing down perfectly.
Or, is that notion just part of the delusion?
Isn't that amazing, the Catholic church saying all other denominations are defective!!!
... The roman catholic church pointing their fingers at all others and they have been responsible for the largest sex abuse scandal in buggering our children for their entire history.

1700 years of sexual abuse by clergy, and those clergy that did not abuse covered up for those that did.

These are the FACTS!

http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/execu...

Shame on all of them!
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop letting your image of a god "off the hook."
If the god created Adam and Eve, being all knowing, the god knew they would sin and turn everything wonderful of the creation into evil. And the god went ahead with his EVIL plan ... because the god-father of Judaism (Jesus' one and only father) created evil ... so he knows all about evil ... as he is evil.
Isn't the study of religion (theology) ever fun though?
Good point.

They claim that God is somehow imperfect and limited in his knowledge of the future.

After all, God created us with so much "imperfection" that we need to be punished, and then God gives such conflicting directions that humanity is unable to agree on what this God supposedly wants.

Absurd.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

All the catholics on this forum (including myself) X catholic, were instructed from childhood by roman catholic priests/bishops that we COULD NEVER receive the eucharist with terrible sins on our souls, yet the same clergy who sexually molested our children and the rest of the clergy who covered up these worst of sins gave themselves the eucharist at EVERY mass they said.

....just more HIPOCRICY!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

The one and only god ... according to theologians in both Christianity and Islam wants peace on earth, yet he supports holy wars on both sides of his fence. He supports Muslims in the killing of Christians, and he supports Christians in the killing of Muslims.

And he is at the same time ... the one and ONLY god that favors the Jews as his chosen few.

If you wonder why so many believers committed suicide and ended up in mental institutions ... it should be no wonder to you.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I agree, but perhaps not in the way, or intent you write. You seem to blame religion, when it is human beings in societies that do sexual abuse.
Pedophilia, abortion, rape, exploitation, this is the norm of society. Christianity challenged the norm. As Christianity declines in a society, then those things arise again.
Pedophilia, abortion, rape, exploitation are somehow the norm in non-Christian societies?

Where?

The absurdity knows no bounds.

FACT -- pedophilia, abortion, rape, and sexual exploitation are more prevalent in "Christian" societies such as Mexico and Brazil for example, than in more secular societies like Sweden.

So is the homicide rate.

Get real.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
... The roman catholic church pointing their fingers at all others and they have been responsible for the largest sex abuse scandal in buggering our children for their entire history.
1700 years of sexual abuse by clergy, and those clergy that did not abuse covered up for those that did.
These are the FACTS!
http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/execu...
Shame on all of them!
Thanks for the link.

Refreshing. Reality is not a prized commodity here.
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
And why the god of creation allows the punishing of non-human animals, is another one of those mysteries that theologians always ignore.
A god that would create animals with fangs, venom and claws is nothing to mess with ... even for the devout believers who would prefer to cast those thoughts out of their way and allow only the holy stuff to flow in from on HIGH ... high as in B.S.
June VanDerMark:

Animals are conditioned by their surroundings.

Human beings have the ability to condition their surroundings.

Animals feel pain, and human beings feel pain, and can sympathize with an animal in feeling pain.

An enlightened human being does not seek to cause pain, but seeks to ease it in other humans and animals.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do YOU lie when you accuse a Muslim of not knowing the righteous path to salvation?
I don't judge theirs or "anyone else's" Salvation or their plan for it!! We'll leave that up to you, the Protestants, atheists and agnostics, since you and others seem to have all the answers, especially with your condemning attacks against Jesus Christ and His (one and only TRUE)(historically and biblically PROVEN) Apostolic Catholic Church

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Good point.
They claim that God is somehow imperfect and limited in his knowledge of the future.
After all, God created us with so much "imperfection" that we need to be punished, and then God gives such conflicting directions that humanity is unable to agree on what this God supposedly wants.
Absurd.
Humans started it way back when they created images of gods in their psyches.

Religion is without doubt the worst mental blight to infect humanity.

Non-human animals are fortunate that they have no compulsions to entertain such imaginable horrible nonsense.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion - A Delusion:
Your prejudice dictates slander.
Try and get some objective data, then interpret it, and give your opinion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sexual_abu...
Note the prevalence of child abuse in the world. It is interesting to see that half of India's children have been sexually abused. Please try and get facts first, then think logically before giving an opinion, such as the church is the largest sex abuser on the planet.
I will correct.

The Roman Catholic church gave the world the largest Institutional child sex cover-up in history.

As for the facts, I suggest the John Jay Report.

As for more facts, why don't you find out what a Vatican spokesperson said recently.

There is no excuse for a supposed institution of God pointing fingers at others as "just as bad."

Your god is imaginary.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes June!! When you "eventually lay" on your death bed--- The joke will CONTINUE to be "ON YOU"!!
That's the thing that's nasty about your religion. You WANT me to be punished for not believing your dogmas.

I'm not in religion, and I want you to be treated with the most tender affection and care henceforth. I don't want you to suffer or believe that you deserve to suffer. If I could protect you from suffering, I would do my best, but I am helpless to help you, as I can't even prevent my own suffering. All forms of life suffer, and so I have to abide by the laws of nature and within my selfish will to survive try my best to be kind to others.

Do you see the difference in our perspectives?
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Dialogue about proving fantasy??? It's been tried by Catholics, Protestants, Muslims and Jews (just to name a few) and nothing came of it but torture and rivers of blood being shed.
Do you have any solutions to the problems other than more "discussion" concerning whose fantasies are the real deal compared to the fakeroos?
June VanDerMark:

Since pride, avarice, and envy nearly destroyed humanity in the last century, there are some attempts to educate humanity again.

But with the rise of the state/country political systems, well I frankly have my doubts that any mass education on being more humane will occur. So it must be a one on one. And perhaps that is how it was always meant to be.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion - A Delusion:
Your prejudice dictates slander.
Try and get some objective data, then interpret it, and give your opinion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sexual_abu...
Note the prevalence of child abuse in the world. It is interesting to see that half of India's children have been sexually abused. Please try and get facts first, then think logically before giving an opinion, such as the church is the largest sex abuser on the planet.
Good article...

Christian countries like others swept it under the rug for centuries.

"Child sexual abuse has gained public attention in the past few decades and has become one of the most high-profile crimes. Since the 1970s the sexual abuse of children and child molestation has increasingly been recognized as deeply damaging to children and thus unacceptable for society as a whole. While sexual use of children by adults has been present throughout history, it has only become the object of significant public attention in recent times"

So I suppose we can thank the Catholic church for such a long and obvious cover-up, that society was forced to act, because the immorality wasn't immediately recognised by the church.

The delusional gods said nothing, until the world media got involved.

Shame on the Catholic church.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 420,501 - 420,520 of512,093
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••