Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,025)

Showing posts 420,481 - 420,500 of529,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. I'm very judgmental. That's why I don't believe religion makes people better than their human nature allows.
I pick them apart when they try to be high and mighty, because I don't like them sitting up there on clouds spitting on me as being evil.
You darned rights I judge them as they judge me, and I comprehend that I am very fortunate to live in an era that allows such freedom of expression.
Just think Grams, if you never came on this forum, no one would have ever said a word to you. I guess it's kinda your fault huh so quit your whining or move on. You can't though, because you have nothing else to do.

Now that you're on this forum, no one believes what you believe and that's why you're angry. Have a great day!!

Since: Apr 13

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
There is a old question "Who has moral superiority?". Who can judge what is bad and what is good and why ? If God is the supreme being, Ruler of all, THE authority, the One who will judge me as to where I will be for the rest of eternity, is He the One to listen to? Did He not establish His self to the Jews and gave them the Ten Commandments ? And didn't God sent His only Son to establish a new covenant with us ? This turned out to be the Roman Catholic Church. If all of this is true, isn't the RCC the only institution that can be our morally superior judge in this world ?
There is a problem with this belief, normally, the RCC left those who did not go to Church on Sunday alone. But if someone preached that they had the truth, RCC went after them. Today they are leaving any one who preaches heresy as subject to criticism and not physical punishment. Today, individual strong men have the idea that their ideas have moral superiority and hence they become morally superiority to anyone and everyone. Extremely dangerous !!
This has led to millions to their deaths.
So, this begs the question. Does men's (that includes women) ideas or the RCC have the truth and there by morally superior?
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh now I get your drift. Joseph was not Jesus' father. He was simply Mary the Jew's Impotent Jewish husband. According to Catholic theology the Jewish god fathered Jesus ... and blah, blah, blah.
June VanDerMark:

Glad you picked up on that.

But to keep the record straight, on Catholic theology, Joseph had other children before marrying Mary.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Can't you just picture a Jew preaching that Judaism is evil and that it is necessary to start a religion that doesn't have anything in common with Judaism?

How unrealistic is that theology?

How laughable is that theology?

Are you Christians crazy or just so filled with lust for bliss in an afterlife that you are blinded BY that lust?

There MUST be a credible reason you refuse to see what is SO in plain sight!
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that although it's difficult for you that you at least TRY to be honest.
You know full well that you believe the pope, Mother Teresa and you will be in heaven ... and I will be sucking the tit of the devil.
Your theology is plain ... and "simple."
June VanDerMark:

You know June, I have always tried to be honest. Maybe its hard to believe for you.

And I still won't judge, or condemn you. Its just the sort of person I am.

Thanks for the compliment.

I didn't know the devil had tits?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Asking a priest how to get into Heaven, is like asking a hobo how to earn a living!
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think Grams, if you never came on this forum, no one would have ever said a word to you. I guess it's kinda your fault huh so quit your whining or move on. You can't though, because you have nothing else to do.
Now that you're on this forum, no one believes what you believe and that's why you're angry. Have a great day!!
I'm not angry. I'm mystified that I could see the lies when I was a child, and that full-grown adults can't or won't see them.

No matter which preacher tried to instill in my mind that I could be saved while other burned in hell, I wouldn't believe that a god would be that underhanded.

And it was that attitude that made me want to study all religion from the outside in.

That word salvation was not welcome in my child's mind unless all would be welcomed unconditionally, and that was not and still is not the Christian teaching.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why "God" chose to save you, but chose not to with these children. And one family had faith in it so much, they did it twice....yet the second child dies too.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/2nd-child-...
The Book of James 5:14 says, "Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him ..." James 5:15 goes on: "And the prayer of faith shall save the sick."
I'll still disagree.
What makes you and your wife more special?
WE ARE NOT SPECIAL IN GOD'S EYES ANY MORE THAN YOU ARE...

The difference is that we believe his word wit out reservations and

Trusting His word with/in Child like faith is our confident

expectations.

I do not doubt that God would do the same for any one else that

believe God As Abraham

Rom 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Rom 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

God don't force His Love on any one.

BUT AS JESUS SAID...

Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

vkorchnoifan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a old question "Who has moral superiority?". Who can judge what is bad and what is good and why ? If God is the supreme being, Ruler of all, THE authority, the One who will judge me as to where I will be for the rest of eternity, is He the One to listen to? Did He not establish His self to the Jews and gave them the Ten Commandments ? And didn't God sent His only Son to establish a new covenant with us ? This turned out to be the Roman Catholic Church. If all of this is true, isn't the RCC the only institution that can be our morally superior judge in this world ?
There is a problem with this belief, normally, the RCC left those who did not go to Church on Sunday alone. But if someone preached that they had the truth, RCC went after them. Today they are leaving any one who preaches heresy as subject to criticism and not physical punishment. Today, individual strong men have the idea that their ideas have moral superiority and hence they become morally superiority to anyone and everyone. Extremely dangerous !!
This has led to millions to their deaths.
So, this begs the question. Does men's (that includes women) ideas or the RCC have the truth and there by morally superior?
vkorchnoifan

I beg the question," What is "morally superior"?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Glad you picked up on that.
But to keep the record straight, on Catholic theology, Joseph had other children before marrying Mary.
Whatever you believe, it's based on fantasy.

You pick your theology comparable to grapes on a vine, and the best and the ripest fruit will always go to you.

It's the height of arrogance and being a Catholic you suffer arrogance without so much of a hint to your own ego that your arrogance is what is driving you.

Your fortune telling is not superior to the fortune telling of other myth-makers.

You just BELIEVE yours is superior.
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
I hope that the word "tit" doesn't get me reported to Topix by the holy ones.
June VanDerMark

Hope, from you June?

Me too!

I love to hope. And since I used the word too, I guess we are in the same boat.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

who="Michael"
He has supplied your needs alright. You make your living off of selling God to others.
If God is the creator of everything as you believe, then God created your illnesses, and God knew of your illnesses, so why would you have to pray to God to heal you, if God already knew you were ill?
I have no illnesses. My health, my finances and family couldn't be better. Too bad for you.........sorry!

You need to know a person before you make such statements about them.
At 78 his doctor told him that he has the insides of a 26 year old.
He doesn't make his living from selling God to anyone. He has worked two jobs much of his life so that he can support his family AND do the work of ministry.
Sickness does not come from God, it comes from sin.
When your life is over, you cannot take your money with you.
As for family, we are very proud of ours.
And we have the peace that Jesus gives...

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
You know June, I have always tried to be honest. Maybe its hard to believe for you.
And I still won't judge, or condemn you. Its just the sort of person I am.
Case in point.

"It's just the kind of person I am ... humble and considerate to the core."

Sickening arrogance.

Yet Catholicism is based on the arrogant claim of salvation compared to hell. Holiness compared to evil ... and blah, blah, blah.
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Can't you just picture a Jew preaching that Judaism is evil and that it is necessary to start a religion that doesn't have anything in common with Judaism?
How unrealistic is that theology?
How laughable is that theology?
Are you Christians crazy or just so filled with lust for bliss in an afterlife that you are blinded BY that lust?
There MUST be a credible reason you refuse to see what is SO in plain sight!
June VanDerMark:

Theology! Who believes in theology? Its just a pastime.

Christians live by faith in God not by sight.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not angry. I'm mystified that I could see the lies when I was a child, and that full-grown adults can't or won't see them.
No matter which preacher tried to instill in my mind that I could be saved while other burned in hell, I wouldn't believe that a god would be that underhanded.
And it was that attitude that made me want to study all religion from the outside in.
That word salvation was not welcome in my child's mind unless all would be welcomed unconditionally, and that was not and still is not the Christian teaching.
Fine

No one has ever said a word to you Grams....ever... until you came on here. It was your choice so quick playing the victim. You said "I pick them apart when they try to be high and mighty, because I don't like them sitting up there on clouds spitting on me as being evil".

Again...no one on this thread has ever said this or even hinted this to you until you chose to come on here so stop playing the victim.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:

My information can be tested, measured, and proven.
Your's is pure delusion.
And you know it too.
Example -- when very sick, do you rely on Biblical cures to drive out the demons, or do you rely on medical science, which can be measured and tested?
We both know the answer. When reality counts, prayer and the Bible take a back seat.

You must be one of those who KNOW that the earth is flat, and if you sail out so far, you will fall off the edge.:)

Prayer and the Bible are indispensable when reality counts. I have been instantly healed...
even of strep throat...and the credit goes to prayer and the Bible (God's Word).

KayMarie
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you believe, it's based on fantasy.
You pick your theology comparable to grapes on a vine, and the best and the ripest fruit will always go to you.
It's the height of arrogance and being a Catholic you suffer arrogance without so much of a hint to your own ego that your arrogance is what is driving you.
Your fortune telling is not superior to the fortune telling of other myth-makers.
You just BELIEVE yours is superior.
June VanDerMark:

Interesting metaphor. I like it. I have a vinyard. And one does not pick the grapes before their time.

Some Catholics might not call me Catholic enough, and Protestants not Protestant enough.

If I believe in the best of both worlds, then I have no complaints.

I suppose I discuss things in terms of being catholic(one/universal) because it is an easier means of expression for me.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

This poster "Human being" reminds me of a previous pompous ass with the avatar of "Pedro" who claimed to be a Catholic theologian in the making.

He was so pompous, you couldn't ruffle his feathers if you pulled them out one by one. Yet he was sure he would be saved and others would burn in hell.

I suspect under that cool and calm repose, there's another person in the annex who with glee would bring out the matches if another Inquisition were to occur.

Sometimes the ones that seem to be the epitome of good manners are the ones that I suspect would be the most formidable defenders of their cults.

The smooth-talking one believed for years to be (the "good" Nazi) Albert Speer comes to mind.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose I discuss things in terms of being catholic(one/universal) because it is an easier means of expression for me.
Tell that to someone who will believe you.

You posted a long diatribe about a Catholic saint on MichelleMC's "Saint of the day thread" in alignment with MichelleMC's haughty attitude of saints being ever so holy.

That is not a sign of a humble person who doesn't take sides in religious preferences.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Interesting metaphor. I like it. I have a vinyard. And one does not pick the grapes before their time.
And of course you hope "god" will choose you when the time is ripe.

The idea that you will be in heaven while others aren't so fortunate sits well with your conscience.

It doesn't sit at all with my conscience, as from childhood on, I never let it in to even visit for a "spell."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 420,481 - 420,500 of529,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••