Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,290
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#436145 Apr 29, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Good article...
Christian countries like others swept it under the rug for centuries.
"Child sexual abuse has gained public attention in the past few decades and has become one of the most high-profile crimes. Since the 1970s the sexual abuse of children and child molestation has increasingly been recognized as deeply damaging to children and thus unacceptable for society as a whole. While sexual use of children by adults has been present throughout history, it has only become the object of significant public attention in recent times"
So I suppose we can thank the Catholic church for such a long and obvious cover-up, that society was forced to act, because the immorality wasn't immediately recognised by the church.
The delusional gods said nothing, until the world media got involved.
Shame on the Catholic church.
Religion - A Delusion:

Cover-ups happen everywhere in all types of circumstances.

The more positive solution to the matter is to recognize that there is no difference between laity and clergy, both are human beings.

Some people have great difficulty in questioning authority, and recognize they are human beings.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#436146 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Muslims are tellers of fortune, and many Christians perceive the Muslims as liars.
Yet the Christians commit the same nonsense and perceive that their fortune telling is holy.
The stupidity of it all is startling.
~~~~

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness;

but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Soon you will be brought face to face your foolishness...

Then you will have an eternity to rue the day that you despised and provoked Him...with your prattle.

He is merciful now with you.....But there is coming a day soon... when He will be your judge.

God don't believe in Atheist....

I expect you to respond to this post as you have all others...

But your ranting against God does not change God's... Word...

Act 13:41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

___

Deu 32:35 To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

___

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436147 Apr 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness;
but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
Soon you will be brought face to face your foolishness...
Then you will have an eternity to rue the day that you despised and provoked Him...with your prattle.
He is merciful now with you.....But there is coming a day soon... when He will be your judge.
God don't believe in Atheist....
I expect you to respond to this post as you have all others...
But your ranting against God does not change God's... Word...
Act 13:41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.
___
Deu 32:35 To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.
___
Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
Yet another forune teller.

The word theology means to study religions of the world. It doesn't mean to be a fortune teller and pretend that what you predict is based on truth.

The gypsies used crystal balls and you use words in a bible.

All groups of fortune tellers claim they can see the future.

From my perspective that was and IS a blatant lie.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#436148 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
I will correct.
The Roman Catholic church gave the world the largest Institutional child sex cover-up in history.
As for the facts, I suggest the John Jay Report.
As for more facts, why don't you find out what a Vatican spokesperson said recently.
There is no excuse for a supposed institution of God pointing fingers at others as "just as bad."
Your god is imaginary.
Religion - A Delusion

Try Japan in WWII. Euphemistically called "comfort women".
Try India now, 1.2 million children exploited in prostitution. India and the rest of the world doesn't have a problem with it. Why?

It is not religions that preach to commit crimes. Its quite the opposite. It is when the "world" gets into the religion that people cause crime and cover-ups.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#436149 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Your spin makes no sense.
"Soon rape, pedophilia will return as a norm."
Again, like when and where?
Mexico is "anti-religious?" Is that why the Pope went there a few years back? 90% of the population say they are Christian, but you say no.
You can't spin fast enough. Your delusion is too absurd.
Religion - A Delusion:

Is Mexico run by Christians?
Is the U.S.?

Those with big money and power run countries, or desire it.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436150 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not religions that preach to commit crimes.
Yes it IS. Religion teaches superiority in the idea "MY religion is right and yours is wrong." That is a crime put upon world conscience.

You support the idea that Catholic saints are worthy of excessive praise ... etc.

And as a promoter of that crime ... you are part and parcel of the problem. You don't perceive that humans are equal in worth. You put your Catholicism above all else, and that is the crime of divide and conquer that causes wars and all other sorts of horrible atrocities.

You are full of pride in your cult. You might not see that as causing crime ... but I DO.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436151 Apr 29, 2013
Pride by the Catholic hierarchy caused centuries of burning innocent people at the stake.

PRIDE in enforcing their own dogmas caused the crimes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

342: Christian Emperors Constans and Contantinus create a law against samesex
marriages.

390: homosexuality is declared a crime in several Christian empires&#894; those found guilty are sentenced to be burnt alive in public.

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/cbarre/global%20...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436152 Apr 29, 2013
Thomas Jefferson was a Christian of such pride that he re-wrote parts of the new testament to publish "The Jefferson Bible."

The man was filled with Christian pride and promoted the following crime against innocent homosexuals.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436153 Apr 29, 2013
Christians have always been tellers of fortune ... making their own fortunes all about bliss in a supposed afterlife and torment in the supposed afterlife for those who were not Christian.

That teaching of young children is a blatant crime, as it teaches them to grow up in the same spotlight of arrogance as their parents.

Crimes committed against world conscience are the most insidious crimes of all.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436154 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion - A Delusion:
Is the U.S.?
Those with big money and power run countries, or desire it.

Yes, most Mexican leaders say they are Catholic, elected by mostly Catholics.

Is the USA run by Christians?

Of course, they claim to be. Maybe they are not your kind of Christian, but most profess to be religious.

You are spinning to fast to make sense.

Are you trying to say that Christians eschew big money and power?

If Mexico is not run by Christians, please name one country that is run by Christians?

You make no sense because you are trying to defend a delusion.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436155 Apr 29, 2013
Why didn't Thomas Jefferson teach that homosexuals must be treated as equal to all others?

He preached in his bible what "Jesus" meant by his messages.

Yet Thomas suggested brutality was the best medicine for homosexuals.

It was all for their own good ... YOU KNOW!!! sarcasm intended!

Christians always did commit crimes while professing it was for the "good" of humanity.

Slime operates under the guise of love.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#436156 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Interesting that no Egyptian soldier recorded that event for history.
No Egyptian historian wrote anything about that event.
No historian in any nearby society recorded that event either.
Nothing outside the Old Testament, much of which you now reject.
Your only evidence is faith in a Bronze Age religion, most of which your religion now rejects.
Say hello to reality. You wouldn't buy a car based on such so-called evidence. That's the reality.
all i have to say to this is:

you feel free to rely on the information that you think most represents "reality" and i will too and we'll see where we both end up!

good luck to you!:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436157 Apr 29, 2013
If you want PRIDE ... follow the words of the theologians that hated each other's pride and favored only their own pride.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436158 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion - A Delusion
Try Japan in WWII. Euphemistically called "comfort women".
Try India now, 1.2 million children exploited in prostitution. India and the rest of the world doesn't have a problem with it. Why?
It is not religions that preach to commit crimes. Its quite the opposite. It is when the "world" gets into the religion that people cause crime and cover-ups.
The Roman Catholic church gave the world the largest Institutional child sex cover-up in history.

And you are ranting about hookers in Japan and sex in India.

Typical.

The most religious countries have relatively high crime, India included.

The most religious states in the USA have the highest homicide rates.

I hope you don't go and rape or murder someone tonight, although if you are Christian, is is statistically probable.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436159 Apr 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
all i have to say to this is:
you feel free to rely on the information that you think most represents "reality" and i will too and we'll see where we both end up!
good luck to you!:)
My information can be tested, measured, and proven.

Your's is pure delusion.

And you know it too.

Example -- when very sick, do you rely on Biblical cures to drive out the demons, or do you rely on medical science, which can be measured and tested?

We both know the answer. When reality counts, prayer and the Bible take a back seat.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436160 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, most Mexican leaders say they are Catholic, elected by mostly Catholics.
Is the USA run by Christians?
Of course, they claim to be. Maybe they are not your kind of Christian, but most profess to be religious.
You are spinning to fast to make sense.
Are you trying to say that Christians eschew big money and power?
If Mexico is not run by Christians, please name one country that is run by Christians?
You make no sense because you are trying to defend a delusion.
The poster "Human being" was just over on the thread "Saint of the day" glorying in the image of one of those ancient supposed Catholic saints.

Pride in ONLY their own cults is the name of the religious game.

They claim to defend religion as a whole ... but the blood shed of history proves that nonsense another lie among many. It's only their own image of perfection that they value and place high on pedestals as they align their selves to the same worth as their mighty imaginary perfected (in their minds) deities.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436161 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
The most religious countries have relatively high crime, India included.
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

That India has become corrupted and sunk in morals since the introduction of the Christian bible, is admitted by the Rev. D. O. Allen, for twenty-five years a missionary in that country.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436162 Apr 29, 2013
A retired Christian who as a pastor "ministered" to the Native Indians admitted that the Natives would have been better off without the Christian influence.

That was a mouthful he seemed anxious to share ... in hind-"sight."

My guess is, he never to this day uttered those words to his Christian family and "friends."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#436163 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion - A Delusion:
Cover-ups happen everywhere in all types of circumstances.
The more positive solution to the matter is to recognize that there is no difference between laity and clergy, both are human beings.
Some people have great difficulty in questioning authority, and recognize they are human beings.
Human being says.........Cover-ups happen everywhere in all types of circumstances.

Michael says. Why are you making up excuses for an organization that prides itself on being the adovocates of morality and justice?

If a man raped your 13 year old son would you just say. "He is only human"? I think not!!

Give your head a shake.....

Anyone who rapes a child should be behind bars and anyone who covers up for a child rapist should be in the same cell as the perpitrator.........lay person or religious. AGREE?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#436164 Apr 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Run along. You guys and your ignorance do nothing for Christianity. It gives the rest of us a bad name.
Hahahahahaha
Yes June!! When you "eventually lay" on your death bed--- The joke will CONTINUE to be "ON YOU"!!
OH! You have already pre-judged yourself have you? Are you saying you will sin no more? Why can't YOU stop sinning? Millions of people have quit smoking because it can kill. Why can't you stop being a sinner?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Married in 8,302
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... Sun Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Sep 19 Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••