Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668187 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#436377 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially when they suffer. Sarcasm intended.
Well, I doubt that was the intent, but as I told my children, the stove is hot, but they still touched it. His ways are above our ways, his thoughts are above our thoughts. Some things we are not ment to understand, at least at this time.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#436378 Apr 30, 2013
I can't figure out why the god of the Jews that created evil didn't smite those ex-Jew Catholic traitors for telling such obnoxious lies.

Maybe he understood and felt compassion in the idea that the Catholics wanted him replaced with a Catholic god, but just didn't know how to go about it ... with that one-god dogma getting in their way.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436379 Apr 30, 2013
who="Just sayin"
If you can't back up your claims perhaps you shouldn't make them.

The book (Qur'an) backs me up. I just don't recall the chapter. Read it for yourself. Mine is not available right now.

KayMarie

#436380 Apr 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Prayer is
Acknowledging that God is and that he is the rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.
Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Its a waste of time of repetitive praying of some man made words over and over.
Prayer is useless with out faith...
AND
Most repetitive praying is done by faithless individuals...
IF THEY EXERCISED FAITH IN GOD'S ABILITY TO ANSWER...
THE FIRST TIME
THEY PRAYED ..
They would not be as some one whistling through a grave yard at night...
~~~
James the brother of Jesus gives an example of praying for wisdom..
He said
Jas 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
NOTE
Jas 1:6
#1. But let him ask in faith,
#2.nothing wavering.
A,..For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7
B,..For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Jas 1:8
C,.. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Jesus said
Mat_6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Example ..
Repetitiously Praying the Model prayer that Jesus gave the disciples
insults God's intelligence..
.HE AINT DEAF HE HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME..
THE LORD'S PRAYER... FOUND IN THE 17TH CHAPTER
HAS NO REPETITION ...Jesus did not say the same things over and over again...HE TALKED WITH THE FATHER IN HEAVEN...and that is what prayer really is..
JESUS SAID TO PRAY TO THE FATHER IN HIS NAME...
Joh_15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Joh_14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh_14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
Joh_16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
Joh_16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Joh_16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
~~~
MORE ABOUT ABOUT PRAYER.

HERE PAUL WRITES TO PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING AND NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT IT...

Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

>NOTE THE RESULT OF THE PRAYER OF FAITH.<

Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

JAMES THE BROTHER OF JESUS WROTE...

Jas 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray.

Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you?

let him call for the elders of the church; and

let them pray over him,

anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Jas 5:15 And

the prayer of faith shall save....[Greek](that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively):- heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole....
the sick, and

the Lord shall raise him up; and

if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Jas 5:16

Confess your faults one to another, and

pray one for another,

that ye may be healed.

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436381 Apr 30, 2013
Between them, evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins and theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss are among the most outspoken scientists who say the world would be a better place if religion were relegated to the dustbin of history – or at least taken out of action as a political and social force.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/...

Kitwanga, Canada

#436382 Apr 30, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted textHis ways are above our ways,
If your statement is based on your sincere concept of truth ... you can't know that a creator even exists if it is beyond your scope of knowing?

Your imagination will take you anywhere you desire that it should go.

You won't see the lies you reinforce in your self ... until you want to see them.

#436383 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you post the whole bible, not just the lies that please your self-centered desires.
~~~

I have studied the Bible for mor years than you are old...and

Rom 10:17 So then faith ....[Greek](persuasion, that is, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly constancy in such profession; by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself:- assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity.)

cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

With your 52,157 post...I would have to go a long ways to catch up...

NOW ..WOULD I NOT?

Kitwanga, Canada

#436384 Apr 30, 2013
Back when I was under the spell of religion, I used to contemplate why others couldn't see that the god of MY imagination was pure love.

Once I started questioning that a god that created a realm where suffering existed could not be a god of pure love ... much less ... mercy ... it was easy to leave religion and go it on my own.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436385 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I have studied the Bible for mor years than you are old
Maybe so. But you haven't studied theology in the way the word was intended ... as in the study of all religions of the world.

You've only lusted for the self-ingratiating idea that you are worthy of salvation and others are NOT ... and that filled you with excessive pride in your own redeeming perceived accomplishments.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436386 Apr 30, 2013
The Seven Mysteries of Life … Exploration in Science and Philosophy … Guy Murchie.

I read a few years ago of a water pipe crossing a ravine in California that had been broken several times by the neighborhood children swinging on it. Because water is precious in that dry area, an indignation meeting was called in which angry men vowed to end the mischief by wrapping the pipe with barbed wire, or, if need be, rigging it to give an electric shock. But in the midst of the wrangling, one man quietly arose with a suggestion.“Why don’t we fix the pipe strong enough,” he said,“so the kids can swing on it?’

#436387 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Back when I was under the spell of religion, I used to contemplate why others couldn't see that the god of MY imagination was pure love.
Once I started questioning that a god that created a realm where suffering existed could not be a god of pure love ... much less ... mercy ... it was easy to leave religion and go it on my own.
~~~

WHY DO YOU LIE ON GOD AND ACCUSE HIM OF

CREATING a realm where suffering existed .

~~~~~~~~~~

GOD CREATED A PERFECT WORLD...and you lie if you say he didn't...

GOD CREATED A PERFECT MAN AND WOMAN...you lie if you say he didn't.

THE DEVIL TEMPTED MAN AND TOGETHER THEY HAVE CREATED A REALM OF SUFFERING.

YOUR ABANDONMENT,OF GOD... AND BECOMING AN ENEMY ... OF GOD IS BASED

UPON A LIE FROM THE PITS OF HELL..

Kitwanga, Canada

#436388 Apr 30, 2013
Someone once wrote that it would in future be a proud day for women that they never wrote even one word in the bible.

That person maybe didn't realize that women would one day become preachers and USE the very words in the bible to belittle others as did the men who wrote the words, used the words to belittle women as subservient chattels of men.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436389 Apr 30, 2013
At one time it was believed that Black people didn't have souls, so being on the level of other beasts they couldn't go to "heaven."

But once black preachers were allowed to USE the words in the bibles, they turned the tables and preached that homosexuals who had consensual sex with others, would not be allowed in "heaven."

It's human nature to favor self and vilify others who are perceived as "different."

Kitwanga, Canada

#436390 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
~~~~~~~~~~
I suggest you stop shouting and ask your self why a god would create non-human animals with claws, sharp teeth, venom and the will to survive if he was merciful.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#436391 Apr 30, 2013
who="Just sayin"
If you can't back up your claims perhaps you shouldn't make them.
The book (Qur'an) backs me up. I just don't recall the chapter. Read it for yourself. Mine is not available right now.
KayMarie
Is this the verse your looking for?

And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men,'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.[Qur'an 5:116]

Kitwanga, Canada

#436392 Apr 30, 2013
It's one issue for preachers to shout that humans were bad and needed tune-ups from the gods.

It's quite another for them to preach that a god was justified in creating non-human animals to suffer for no reason whatsoever.

Religion is based on lies ... many, many lies.

#436393 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
~~~~~~~~~~
GOD CREATED A PERFECT MAN AND WOMAN...you lie if you say he didn't.
THE DEVIL TEMPTED MAN AND TOGETHER THEY HAVE CREATED A REALM OF SUFFERING.
YOUR ABANDONMENT,OF GOD... AND BECOMING AN ENEMY ... OF GOD IS BASED
UPON A LIE FROM THE PITS OF HELL..
```
EVEN THE WHOLE CREATION OF GOD... GROANS BECAUSE OF SIN..

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Rom 8:22 ---> For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436394 Apr 30, 2013
It was an accepted belief that women who became pregnant out of wedlock offended "god" ... of all the silly things.

Yet the same preachers believed that the god placed his holy spirit in all fetuses and that is why women were never to have abortions, as abortion interfered with the holy plans.

The preachers never seemed to do any home-work on the stupidity in their own sermons.

Location hidden

#436395 Apr 30, 2013
hojo....did I miss your reply???????

I cannot believe you would lie, knowing that it could be proven, easily and without any doubt, to be a lie. You said, "you conveniently" insert the word "Catholic" in the book of Revelations or in any other bible passages, "where-ever and when-ever" it will precisely (fit) your anti-catholic "editorialized personal opinion".... Am I wrong?????

You said the Catholic denomination is the bride of Christ!!! I quoted Scripture that shows the absurdity in your words...

I will be glad to repeat:
I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.

Show me where I did insert the word "Catholic" in the above Scripture I quoted from the Book of Revelation.

Show me, according to your accusations, adding my own protestant propaganda, garbage interpretation, that is based upon an ingrained, vindictive and hostile attitude toward "anything" that the Catholic Church (to use your erroneous use of the word church) teaches or believes, in the following Scripture and my comments supported by said Scripture:

Mt 6:9 ¶ After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven)

Whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ....)

You are denying the truth in Christianity, the English dictionary and the Bible when you deny Catholics worship idols...

Quote:
idol: a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Applicable to Mary and all other idols of "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

effigy: A likeness or image, especially of a person. Symbolically, especially in the form of an effigy.(Applicable to Mary and dead "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

worship:worship:(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) to show profound religious devotion and respect to; adore or venerate (God or any person or thing considered divine), to be devoted to and full of admiration for, to have or express feelings of profound adoration for.(Totally applicable to the practice of Catholics for Mary and dead "saints")

You are denying that Catholics show profound religious devotion and respect to, adore, and
venerate Mary.

Quote: And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

Location hidden

#436396 Apr 30, 2013
hojo continuated...

A, The word "church" in that verse is defined as: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly.(Nothing said about any denomination....which is what the RCC is!!!!)

B. Your NABre pope approved Bible teaches the same thing: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

C. None of the seven churches referred to in Revelation is referred to by Christ as "Catholic"..

D. History shows Christians being persecuted....killed...jailed. .etc until sometime in the fourth century!!!! Hundred of years after Christ declared "I will build my church". Not one Catholic is mentioned.....because....there were none!!!!!

F. History also shows the emperor Constantine founded your denomination...based on paganism!!!!

Cherry-picking: to choose or take the best or most profitable of (a number of things).

To do so with Scripture would say that I believe not all of God's Word is equally "best" and/or that not all of His Word is equally profitable!!!! That will never happen!!!!

You are an expert on this matter...you keep on keeping on repeating the term..so show me, without, as you say, cherry-picking, all Scripture that teaches what one must do to be Saved.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 1 hr Father Jeremy 384
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jan 20 Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web