Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665354 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#436357 Apr 30, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
An army of Christians marched into the desert to confront the army of Islam. They marched with little water or supplies, instead placing all their faith in Jesus, as the Bible clearly states.
The Christian army was slaughtered, with the captives treated humanely for the times, being allowed to return home with only their right arms chopped off.
So how did faith in Jesus turn out for Christianity? How about for Islam?
Based on the Bible and events, Jesus seems to have converted to Islam.
They worship the same one and only "god" and they all want the one god to follow individual human will.

It's really very silly stuff, and it's why so many people went insane and ended up in mental institutions, while others committed suicide.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436358 Apr 30, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
They always see what their culture conditions them to see.
Go figure?
Feral children that didn't have any religious indoctrination don't relate to anything but what they learned from their wild experience.

Their brains were programmed only to modes of survival and nothing more.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/250596/ukranian...
Michael

Canada

#436359 Apr 30, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Try praying God's Word over your life and see what happens...'His Word will not come back void but it will accomplish what it purposes to do'
Why would any God want to be prayed to? Why would any God want to be worshipped?

Millions of people pray all their lives and live horrible lives. I have witnessed it many times.

Its a waste of time of repetitive praying of some man made words over and over. However if it makes you feel good carry on.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436360 Apr 30, 2013
Ancient religion was based on fear far more than on trust.

The prayers were more about avoiding the punishment of the gods than being "loved" by the gods.

When times are tough many people fall back on prayer in hopes of finding the "merciful" side of the god.

The more aggressive "believers" hoped that the gods would support them in winning wars and in ruling over others.

The ones that were passive hoped that the leaders of the packs would see to it that their needs were taken care of on earth and more important in the hereafter.

The theologians were eager and willing to fill that bill.

And so religion is what it is today. Divisive, arrogant, and full of itself as being wise in having solved the answers to mysteries.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436361 Apr 30, 2013
who="Michael"
Why would any God want to be prayed to? Why would any God want to be worshipped?
Millions of people pray all their lives and live horrible lives. I have witnessed it many times.
Its a waste of time of repetitive praying of some man made words over and over. However if it makes you feel good carry on.

Do you have children? Do you want their 'respect'(worship)? Do you ignore their requests?

Do you consider their pleas to be a waste of time?

Which is better for hurting people:

Suffer their pain all alone...sometimes commit suicide? Or:

Pray, with hope. EVEN IF NOTHING HAPPENS, hope is a marvelous companion.

I've had many prayers answered. GOD IS, and He is a rewarder of those who seek Him...

KayMarie
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#436362 Apr 30, 2013
Yawn !!! Never ignored so many post as I do lately and i have to do a lot of scrolling to just get past these new comers to read a post with substance.

#436363 Apr 30, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion"
Why does any god of the universe require one, and only one single way to approach this god?
Of course, the one way is your way. What a coincidence!
That's an amazing delusion! God appoints an institution which openly honors child abuse enablers - to bring "morality" to mankind.
What next? Sainthood for Hitler?
Aren't these delusions incredible!

RAD: So YOU believe that God appointed the CC? So now YOU are a Catholic ???

KM

Kitwanga, Canada

#436364 Apr 30, 2013
From my perception of what I've studied, the modern Pagans pray to the goddess to give them wisdom ... to fill them with power, etc.,(such as bringing down the goddess)... but they don't pray to her to ask for mercy ... because the theology "rates" that she doesn't punish anyone. She holds the hands (metaphor) as she walks side by side with them through their struggles of life.

It is no wonder to me that so many from the Christian religions are joining up with these modern Pagan cults.

No wonder at all.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436365 Apr 30, 2013
Religion is all about invoking imaginary deities to perform the bidding of the human believers.

"PLEASE love me ... and don't leave me, as I am too weak to go it on my own.

Fill me with your wisdom, your power, your love, your ability to see that I am worth your effort, so that I can be just like you.

Amen."

Kitwanga, Canada

#436366 Apr 30, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Yawn !!! Never ignored so many post as I do lately and i have to do a lot of scrolling to just get past these new comers to read a post with substance.
I suggest you go back and read your own posts that are sure to give you "substance" and fill you with pride.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436367 Apr 30, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would any God want to be prayed to?
Because the god or gods NEED human attention. They can't survive without it.

:)

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#436368 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop letting your image of a god "off the hook."
If the god created Adam and Eve, being all knowing, the god knew they would sin and turn everything wonderful of the creation into evil. And the god went ahead with his EVIL plan ... because the god-father of Judaism (Jesus' one and only father) created evil ... so he knows all about evil ... as he is evil.
Isn't the study of religion (theology) ever fun though?
:)
He was bored you know. Watching people is kind of fun.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436369 Apr 30, 2013
There is more than one problem that stems from wanting to be just like a creator.

One disconcerting issue would be that believers would have to keep wanting non-human animals to go on suffering ... as the only way they can survive is by inflicting and/or being on the receiving end of fang, claw, sharp teeth and venom.

I can't imagine being in eternal bliss in a hereafter, enjoying my self with all those of like-mind, as we watch such a creation unfold below us.

That smacks of sadism ... not euphoria.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436370 Apr 30, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>He was bored you know. Watching people is kind of fun.
Especially when they suffer. Sarcasm intended.
Just sayin

Nashville, TN

#436371 Apr 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
]<qu who="Just
Please tell me where in the Quran this is written?
I doubt Mohammed is in this topix forum, so I'm not sure who you were trying to correct.
It's early in the book; been a while since I read it.

KM
If you can't back up your claims perhaps you shouldn't make them.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436372 Apr 30, 2013
Some of the ancient believers had the fortitude to fire their gods if the gods didn't live up to expectations.

Modern believers just put them on disability, and carry on down the road to believe in deities that WILL be pleasing to human desires.

Either way humans can be cruel to their images of gods. No doubt about it.

tongue-in-cheek

#436373 Apr 30, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

Prayer is

Acknowledging that God is and that he is the rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Its a waste of time of repetitive praying of some man made words over and over.

Prayer is useless with out faith...

AND

Most repetitive praying is done by faithless individuals...

IF THEY EXERCISED FAITH IN GOD'S ABILITY TO ANSWER...

THE FIRST TIME

THEY PRAYED ..

They would not be as some one whistling through a grave yard at night...

~~~

James the brother of Jesus gives an example of praying for wisdom..

He said

Jas 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

NOTE

Jas 1:6

#1. But let him ask in faith,

#2.nothing wavering.

A,..For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Jas 1:7

B,..For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Jas 1:8
C,.. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Jesus said

Mat_6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Example ..

Repetitiously Praying the Model prayer that Jesus gave the disciples

insults God's intelligence..

.HE AINT DEAF HE HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME..

THE LORD'S PRAYER... FOUND IN THE 17TH CHAPTER

HAS NO REPETITION ...Jesus did not say the same things over and over again...HE TALKED WITH THE FATHER IN HEAVEN...and that is what prayer really is..

JESUS SAID TO PRAY TO THE FATHER IN HIS NAME...

Joh_15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Joh_14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Joh_14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Joh_16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Joh_16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Joh_16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

Kitwanga, Canada

#436374 Apr 30, 2013
Those ex-Jew Catholics were very cruel to the god worshipped by the Jews.

They preached and preached that the god of the Jews sent his Jewish son (his only begotten son) to earth to give the divine message that only those of the Catholic faith could be saved.

That was a nasty blow against the Jewish god who was invisible and had no way in his weakened silent state of defending himself.

tongue-in-cheek

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#436375 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text>
WE ARE NOT SPECIAL IN GOD'S EYES ANY MORE THAN YOU ARE...
The difference is that we believe his word wit out reservations and
Trusting His word with/in Child like faith is our confident
expectations.
I do not doubt that God would do the same for any one else that
believe God As Abraham
Rom 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
Rom 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
God don't force His Love on any one.
BUT AS JESUS SAID...
Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
So you aren't any more special. Good - we agree, please stop "bragging" -'God saved me from.....'- and maybe start praying to help yet others. instead of having "Him" let them die.

Unless you don't think your prayers will do any good......

Kitwanga, Canada

#436376 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Prayer is
Acknowledging that God is and that he is the rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.
Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Its a waste of time of repetitive praying of some man made words over and over.
Prayer is useless with out faith...
AND
Most repetitive praying is done by faithless individuals...
IF THEY EXERCISED FAITH IN GOD'S ABILITY TO ANSWER...
THE FIRST TIME
THEY PRAYED ..
They would not be as some one whistling through a grave yard at night...
~~~
James the brother of Jesus gives an example of praying for wisdom..
He said
Jas 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
NOTE
Jas 1:6
#1. But let him ask in faith,
#2.nothing wavering.
A,..For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7
B,..For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Jas 1:8
C,.. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Jesus said
Mat_6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Example ..
Repetitiously Praying the Model prayer that Jesus gave the disciples
insults God's intelligence..
.HE AINT DEAF HE HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME..
THE LORD'S PRAYER... FOUND IN THE 17TH CHAPTER
HAS NO REPETITION ...Jesus did not say the same things over and over again...HE TALKED WITH THE FATHER IN HEAVEN...and that is what prayer really is..
JESUS SAID TO PRAY TO THE FATHER IN HIS NAME...
Joh_15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Joh_14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh_14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
Joh_16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
Joh_16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Joh_16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
I suggest you post the whole bible, not just the lies that please your self-centered desires.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
News Pope Francis confers Ratzinger Prizes, pays tri... Nov 29 narako 1
More from around the web