Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,017)

Showing posts 420,321 - 420,340 of530,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Humans never did have faith that the gods would or could handle human affairs on their own ... and that is why the humans (holding high the banner of religion) punished each other.

If you want the job done "right," you best do it yourself.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

It seems the hierarchy didn't set this dogma in stone.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

According to Graunt, persons not interred in cemeteries (stillborn infants and suicides) were much underreported.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
AHHHHH ... it takes me back to the good old days on the forum when Franck, the Catholic bully would come home from church loaded with scriptures, insisting that those of us who were not Catholic were in need of more than a tune-up ...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Post # 64609 on the thread "Catholics waging war against women and gays"
Franck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! We proclaim YOU should be burned at the stake you baby killing heretic! Somebody grab some matches! I want to light the fire myself!
Sounds like I've gotten to you, June. Or someone did.
Dragging out the archives is a sure sign of it.
We are all sinners. A Christian is to admit that they are the first among sinners.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I joined your cult would you still feel pity for me for not being on the righteous path?
Again, you're presuming that's why I feel sorry for you...because you've renounced God. No, that isn't why. I can tell you that you're making a mistake, but only God reads your heart in that regard. It's not up to me. No, that isn't the reason.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Bishop meant and means pope. That is why the pope is referred to as the "bishop" of Rome.

If Clement was the first notorious pope ... what happened to Peter the Jew who was supposed to be the first and most famous pope of all, whose name was given to him BY Jesus "after" Jesus' supposed death on the cross ... no less?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

There were presbyter-bishops as early as the first century

Clement was the first of early Rome's most notable bishops

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Clement_I#L...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like I've gotten to you, June. Or someone did.
Dragging out the archives is a sure sign of it.
We are all sinners. A Christian is to admit that they are the first among sinners.
Your will to stay stupid does get to me.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

"This may offend modernistic ears, but it's the only way to not quack like a duck -- and end up quacking differently in every time and place. The terms conservative and liberal are relatively new; in saner ages, there was no right and left, only right and wrong. That is the mindset we must recapture today, and it's why I long ago stopped calling myself a conservative. Why be devoted to conserving the decades-old victories of heretics -- or as some today call them, liberals? Why be on the right side of the political spectrum when even that is well to the side of Truth? And there is only Truth...and everything else.

And everything else is nothing at all."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/03/is_pop...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

In the first century the same pope preached of the coming of the end of the world, and suggested that believers should be patient.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..

Noncanonical writings indicate that the imminent end of the world was strongly expected among Christians at the turn of the first century, even though many unfulfilled years had passed and some discontent and impatience had developed. Clement of Rome inveighs against this discontent. Christ was expected to return triumphant over all enemies. There was to be a resurrection of the dead and a day of judgment. Christians were enjoined to watch and be ready. Such allusions are found not only in Clement of Rome, but also in the Didache, Barnabas, and Papias.
Winnie the Pooh

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
I can't figure out why a decent god would send his son to earth with a penis attached to a holy body.
We all know that men have two heads for a sinister reason, and after all, with all those women tugging at Jesus' nighties, it must have been torture to master both heads and kept them in solid alignment to holy commands from on high.
Then he turned Vestal Virgins into nuns so they could tempt celebate priests.
Too many of them were ugly so they then found little boys.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you're presuming that's why I feel sorry for you...because you've renounced God. No, that isn't why. I can tell you that you're making a mistake, but only God reads your heart in that regard. It's not up to me. No, that isn't the reason.
Then why do you feel sorry for me?

Spell it out ... I can take it.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Winnie the Pooh wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he turned Vestal Virgins into nuns so they could tempt celebate priests.
Too many of them were ugly so they then found little boys.
Fantasy can create any scenario it pleases.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
"And there is only Truth...and everything else.
And everything else is nothing at all."
Did you learn that line from the Muslim Imams?

Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. Hebrews 12:3

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantasy can create any scenario it pleases.
~~~~

You have demonstrated your above statement theory...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Regina wrote:
Interesting article....
March 18, 2013
Is Pope Francis Liberal or Conservative?
The Catholic position is not conservative or liberal, but superior, and you don't have to be Catholic to understand that this is not a claim born of sectarian chauvinism. The Church does not define itself based on a given society's political and cultural spectrum, but based on Absolute Truth, which she recognizes to be transcendent, eternal, and unchanging. You may disagree with her conception of Truth, perhaps even profoundly, yet believing that Truth exists is the only rational position.
This relates to a conversion experience I had a long, long time ago. I realized that if there wasn't something deeper than the political, deeper than the cultural even - if man's opinions were all there is -- then my "conservative" views were essentially meaningless. Sure, I liked them as I liked chocolate ice cream, but if they were just flavors of the day, how could I credibly say they were any better than liberal ones? To thus boast there had to a transcendent yardstick for judging such things. There had to be Truth.
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/03/is_pop...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I think you're profoundly lonely, June. That's a horrible place to be in. Agonizing, in fact. I hope I'm wrong, but even if I am, there's something going on with you, you're suffering in some way. And for that I feel sorry for you. I hurt for you. That's it, nothing earth shattering. I sense pain and it makes me sad.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Regina wrote:
Glad you're enjoying the article! Here's more:
But the Church doesn't quack like a duck. She has a magisterium (teaching office) that has set certain doctrines in stone,
Here is another example of their "set in stone" doctrines.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Catholic church, and abortion on “Religious tolerance site

Circa 380 CE: The Apostolic Constitutions allowed abortion if it was done early enough in pregnancy. But it condemned abortion if the fetus was of human shape and contained a soul.

St. Augustine (354-430 CE) accepted the Aristotelian Greek Pagan concept of "delayed ensoulment". He wrote that a human soul cannot live in an unformed body. 3 Thus, early in pregnancy, an abortion is not murder because no soul is destroyed (or, more accurately, only a vegetable or animal soul is terminated).

Pope Sixtus V (1588) issued a Papal bull "Effraenatam" which threatened those who carried out abortions at any stage of gestation with excommunication and the death penalty.

Pope Gregory XIV (1591) revoked the previous Papal bull and reinstated the "quickening" test, which he determined happened 116 days into pregnancy (16½ weeks).
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're too attached to this Earth.
I'm almost 40 and yesterday I was 10 yrs old and playing little league baseball. Seriously, this life moves by too fast to get all fussy about it. When I'm 80 and taking my last breath, I'm sure I'll say the same thing.
God knows this better than us. Its pointless to get pissed because of hardships here. You should be asking God to see you thru it, not to reverse it; or cure it. Its about molding our hearts and minds to become like God envisioned us to be. Its not about a certain level of comfort you think you deserve.
Look, my Son was diagnosed with Autism.. I was mad at God. I quit praying for a little while and pouted. But the clear message I got back from him was: He was grieving too. He doesn't want anyone to deal with that, but sin has temporarily separated us from His plan. He lets this world turn and sadness and despair will not go away until the end of age. God will walk with you and help you carry your cross. He never ever fails to do so. Trust me, He picked me up more times than I deserved.
If we're too weak in the mind to pray, we should ask each other to pray for us. Or better yet, Mary and the Saints are eager to pray for us too, if we shall ask.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I think you're profoundly lonely, June. That's a horrible place to be in. Agonizing, in fact. I hope I'm wrong, but even if I am, there's something going on with you, you're suffering in some way. And for that I feel sorry for you. I hurt for you. That's it, nothing earth shattering. I sense pain and it makes me sad.
You don't hope you're wrong. You want to believe I am lonely and in need of consolation from YOUR supposed "god."

May I never get so lonely as to worship an image of a god that wills to burn his own creation in a hell and to end the world because of his own created mess.

I doubt that the dogmas could be more stupid even if more up-coming theologians gave it their ALL!

Now, my husband and I (both Atheists) are going to go watch a program on the telly, so my brain can get a break from religious nonsense and from your sanctimonious idea that I am "lonely" for company such as yours.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're too attached to this Earth.
I suggest you leave the earth if it bothers you ... not by suicide of course ... but by god calling you home. Maybe if we all pray ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 420,321 - 420,340 of530,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••