Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590518 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Elton, LA

#435637 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I give money away, it is a gift. But if I give and then say, "OH ... but wait a minute, I want it paid back in full" ... then it was a loan ... not a free gift.
This supposed god created by humans didn't give anything. And on top of it, they wrote that the supposed god has the audacity to punish those who USE what should have free.
June VanDerMark:

You are free to give, or to loan.

God was from before forever, is now, and will be beyond forever.

God does not call us when we are dead, in any way differently, than now.

God is the Same Eternally.

We as humans change, some for the better, and some in denial.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#435638 Apr 26, 2013
]<qu who="Just
Please tell me where in the Quran this is written?
I doubt Mohammed is in this topix forum, so I'm not sure who you were trying to correct.

It's early in the book; been a while since I read it.

KM
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#435639 Apr 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="hojo"
There are no "lies" in the Word of God??---The lies ONLY come from protestant "bible only buffoons" who misinterpret it, misrepresent it and misuse it, by "sprewing" their anti-catholic heretical "lies", deceiving others as they deceive themselves---by distorting the TRUTH!!!
You should repent of your Protestant hypocrisy, rather than accusing everyone else. Just think of all those years you wasted. Changing over the the CC just makes you a CC hypocrite.
Protestants I know are not so hypocritical.
Try Jesus. He can give you a new outlook.
KayMarie
Thanks Kay Marie! I apologize and stand corrected for the above comments that I made:......The fact is that "Not all" Protestants lie, misrepresent, and misinterpret Gods Word!...... However, there are some on this forum,(and they know who they are) who manipulate the word of God and use the bible, to further their anti-catholic animosity, vengeance and vindictive attacks against
the personal faith and salvation of other Catholics and the Catholic Church itself!.... There are many, many faith filled, bible Christian Protestants, that I grew up with, who see Jesus Christ as the ecumentical Savior of the world and are our brothers and sisters in Christ, where the "faith and the feeling" is mutual!!
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435640 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I give money away, it is a gift. But if I give and then say, "OH ... but wait a minute, I want it paid back in full" ... then it was a loan ... not a free gift.
This supposed god created by humans didn't give anything. And on top of it, they wrote that the supposed god has the audacity to punish those who USE what should have free.
Delusions rarely make sense.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435641 Apr 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the most popular pagan trend is to worship the little grey blob inside their own head, between their own lil 2 ears. no kidding! their modern priests & 'holy' men are called "scientists" and "doctors" and their congregants believe everything they say and write and go around chanting "they say they say they say...". more people have been murdered by their own leaders than ever before in all of history put together!
95% of humanity is "pagan," e.g. they don't buy into your delusion. Many have their own, but not yours.

That has always been true throughout human history.

Today is no different.

History tells us that all of man's gods are imaginary.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435642 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that you want to believe that I have faith in YOUR image of a god, as it would make you feel better about yourself.
I washed my own image of a god out of my psyche, so why do you think I would want to now put your image of a god in my cleaned out attic?
That wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.

Jesus was / is not an 'image' of anything, he is an historic FACT. This is just nonsense you have invented as disbelief dogma.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435643 Apr 26, 2013
marxism - A Delusion wrote:
Delusions rarely make sense.

Whatever karl marx.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435644 Apr 26, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
History tells us that all of man's gods are imaginary.

All but one - Jesus Christ!

Add your 'caveman' to the list of textbook fiction.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435645 Apr 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
By the way, the word pagan was originally meant to be someone living in rural conditions(and impoverished circumstances), to which endeavors were made to bring the good news, by Christians.

The pagans like to believe that but the Roman empire was known for centuries as Pagan Rome. Pagans have numerous beliefs that originated from Babylon. It does not mean to just live off the land.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#435646 Apr 26, 2013
who="hojo"
Thanks Kay Marie! I apologize and stand corrected for the above comments that I made:......The fact is that "Not all" Protestants lie, misrepresent, and misinterpret Gods Word!...... However, there are some on this forum,(and they know who they are) who manipulate the word of God and use the bible, to further their anti-catholic animosity, vengeance and vindictive attacks against
the personal faith and salvation of other Catholics and the Catholic Church itself!.... There are many, many faith filled, bible Christian Protestants, that I grew up with, who see Jesus Christ as the ecumenical Savior of the world and are our brothers and sisters in Christ, where the "faith and the feeling" is mutual!!

Very gracious, Hojo; thank you...even as I've known many Catholics who are very serious about their faith in God. My hope is that all who are called 'Christian' will seriously put Him, not their group, first.

He prayed that we would be ONE IN HIM; not separated by our worldly 'connections'. Our conversations should be to His praise, not to His shame.

Blessings,
KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435647 Apr 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
You are free to give, or to loan.
God was from before forever, is now, and will be beyond forever.
God does not call us when we are dead, in any way differently, than now.
God is the Same Eternally.
We as humans change, some for the better, and some in denial.
If my father told me I was free to leave home, and then stipulated that I had to come back home to live with him ... that would not be free will in any "sense" of the word.

Your story of the imaginary god is of that same nature.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435648 Apr 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
It seems she is suffering from dissappointment.
I am disappointed that humans are so ignorant as to fight and kill each other over whose mythical god are real.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435649 Apr 26, 2013
gods

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435650 Apr 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, the word pagan was originally meant to be someone living in rural conditions(and impoverished circumstances), to which endeavors were made to bring the good news, by Christians.
The Pagans didn't need or want your Christian gossip. They had their own form of preferred mythical gossip on which they re-lied.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435651 Apr 26, 2013
Human beings are perhaps never more frightening
than when they are convinced beyond doubt that they are right.

Laurens van der Post

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435652 Apr 26, 2013
Not to be absolutely certain is, I think, one of the essential things in rationality.

Bertrand Russell

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435654 Apr 26, 2013
Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child.

Robert Heinlein
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435655 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I am disappointed that humans are so ignorant as to fight and kill each other over whose mythical god are real.

Some kill for the pope's empire, others for the muslim empire vision. The atheists have been responsible for the wars since 1775 including today across the middle east, Muslim Brotherhood led revolutions to found islamic republics.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435656 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Pagans didn't need or want your Christian gossip. They had their own form of preferred mythical gossip on which they re-lied.

The former pagans were enlighted with the truth about God and Jesus having just came out of the dark ages.
Human Being

Elton, LA

#435657 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If my father told me I was free to leave home, and then stipulated that I had to come back home to live with him ... that would not be free will in any "sense" of the word.
Your story of the imaginary god is of that same nature.
June VanDerMark:

Applying to God your thoughts?

Ah, you fit so well, with all the rest of us hypocrits. Have a seat in your local church.

Prodigal Daughters are like Prodigal Sons. Their father gives them their inheritance, they choose to leave. The Father does not demand they return, but forever Hopeful He waits for their return, and runs to them when He sees them, showering them with His Love.

Time to leave your imaginary god behind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Mr Sir 9,403
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 11 hr Imprtnrd 6
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Mon QUITTNER May 25 2015 5
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
More from around the web