Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
419,821 - 419,840 of 539,227 Comments Last updated 24 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435524 Apr 26, 2013
To think that ex-Catholic Jews could tell a story that a character named Jesus ... after he died on the cross ... changed the name of a Jew from Simon Bar johah to Peter, and converted him to be a Catholic pope (the first of a new religion)... and pass that story by gullible people as the absolute truth ... is quite the DEAL.

And then to make money by the score FROM that flamboyant story ... is amazing.

It suggest that a Jew came back from the dead to promote a Catholic religion.

Hahahahahahahahaha

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#435525 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to free others from the blight of religion, is not being bogged down in trusting that religion gave me answers.
At the end of my religion journey, religion gave me nothing but dis-ease and disillusionment. That's why I left it behind.
~~~

Your wrote..

Trying to free others from the blight of religion,

Will you please take the time to explain ...HOW or WHY...That you have concluded that THERE SHOULD BE A LAW AGAINST THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT...
AND true Christianity.....

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

IT IS NOT CHRISTIANITY THAT IS A BLIGHT...

IT IS THE WEAKNESS... ARROGANCE AND HYPOCRITICAL ATTITUDE... OF THOSE THAT FAIL TO LIVE IT..

THOSE THAT FAIL TO ALLOW CHRIST TO REPRESENT HIMSELF THROUGH THEM...

THOSE THAT DON'T HAVE WHAT THEY CLAIM..THEY DO...

THESE ARE RELIGIOUS ..IN RITUALS, CALISTHENICS, IN SHOW-MAN SHIP

Having a form of godliness BUT NEVER BEEN BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT...

never obeying the word...always resisting it. the don't know what it is to be obedient to God...

THAT SAYS

Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Jas 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

Jas 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435526 Apr 26, 2013
Theologians are in deed "tellers of fortune."

They preach that if you believe in their words ... good fortune will be yours.

But if you dare to question their words as being fibs, curses will fall on you ... post haste.

And they have the nerve to claim that a god supports their promises.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435527 Apr 26, 2013
The modern Pagan religions give the best deal yet. Their theology (for the most part) teaches that the goddess loves every body ... unconditionally.

Young gullible Christians are drawn to the promises by being told that Christians are welcome. But we all know that Christianity and modern Paganism have totally different theologies, and that the real aim is to slowly take the Christian theology out of the young Christians and make them over into Wiccans and other form of Pagan believers.

In so doing, again we will see Christian parents that are distraught in the idea that their fledglings have joined a cult.

But stealing the young is also a habit of Christians, as they ply their dogma on Muslims, etc., in other countries.

Religion is ongoing with its design to "divide and conquer."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435528 Apr 26, 2013
Gerald B. Gardner … Witchcraft Today … 2004.

The Wiccan Future: A Campus Viewpoint by Tara Nelsen

I was recently invited to speak about Wicca and Paganism at a local high school class on ethics and religious diversity. This town is a small community, deep in the Bible Belt. The class was created in response to a community-wide controversy surrounding the posting of the Ten Commandments inside the public school. I felt it was an opportunity to tell local youth the truth about Paganism and to express the fact that there are many different religious beliefs held in their own community.

“How many of you had heard of Wicca or Paganism before taking this class?” I watched in amazement as more than half the class raised their hands. It wasn’t like this when I started on my path. This particular community was not only predominantly Christian but very fundamentalist and right-wing beliefs. These students were raised to be very closed-minded and had less than average exposure to the diversity of the world. That was my presumption. Over the years, something has changed.

#435529 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Theologians are in deed "tellers of fortune."
They preach that if you believe in their words ... good fortune will be yours.
But if you dare to question their words as being fibs, curses will fall on you ... post haste.
And they have the nerve to claim that a god supports their promises.
~~~

GOD HAS GIVEN THE PROPHECY FOR ALL MAN KIND...

HE SAID..

Pro_8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Eze_18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Eze_18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

BEST PAY ATTENTION TO GOD AND IGNORE THOSE THAT TEACH ANOTHER JESUS..

AND WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN SOUL,,,

If some preacher's actions stand between you and your own personal relationship with God...

ARE THEY NOT CLOSER TO GOD THEN YOU ARE?

Are their actions not controlling you?
truth

Perth, Australia

#435530 Apr 26, 2013
Your law is pure as you see your rivers..dirty..yes so many..are you say who is better between you and others?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435531 Apr 26, 2013
Since approximately 1949 to 2013 ... the new religion of modern Paganism has rooted itself into society.

Many lies were told in the process, but the same is true of all religions.

One of the lies is that ancient Paganism was about goddess LOVE.

Ancient Pagans burned humans and animals in the flames as sacrifices to their imaginary gods.

Another lie, from what I have studied, was that the Christians were not burning Pagans at the stake in the Middle Ages. They were burning each other as witches. Such was the case with Joan of Arc, who was Catholic, but was burned BY the Catholic hierarchy as a witch.

Religion never was about telling truth. It was about grouping and re-grouping for the next onslaught of torture and killing in the name of the gods and goddesses.

Modern Pagans will try to fool others, but having dealt with them on these threads, I believe they can be as nasty and underhanded in dealing with others as to make some of these Christians appear as straight-forward.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435532 Apr 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fear-filled threats are losing young folks to Wicca. The new age religion is centered in goddess love. She no longer curses homosexuals as was believed by the father of Wicca ... but now, with the offshoots of the original Wicca, the goddess is pure DIVINE LOVE.

You can't get a better deal anywhere in the shopping-MAUL of religious-fantasy!

:)
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#435533 Apr 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
1. Catholics do teach tradition trumps the bible. The Bible teaches to pray to God the Father in the name of Christ....Catholics pray to Mary and dead "saints"...I know...been there done that..
According to hojo and clay what I am saying is a lie.

Who can show me a lie in the Word of God????
There are no "lies" in the Word of God??---The lies ONLY come from protestant "bible only buffoons" who misinterpret it, misrepresent it and misuse it, by "sprewing" their anti-catholic heretical "lies", deceiving others as they deceive themselves---by distorting the TRUTH!!!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#435534 Apr 26, 2013
How to Defend the Faith without Raising Your Voice is a new sort of apologetics.

Raising Your Voice gives Catholics a fresh way of explaining the Church's teaching on contentious issues humanly, compellingly, and succinctly. It is about shedding light, not heat.

But this book does not pretend to suggest it is as simple as memorizing a speech. Every conversation is different. Every day's news cycle will bring new arguments and new challenges. Instead, it is a book about what the issues really are and where the criticisms are coming from so you can understand and communicate effectively.

It is the fruit of a group of speakers and experts brought together by a single idea: to make sure that Catholics and the Church were represented properly in the media when Pope Benedict came to visit the UK in 2010. Their original and thoughtful approach helped make that visit a triumph and now it can be expanded for a much broader use.

==========
As Catholics, we are after the Truth, and not just trying to win an argument. We are not debaters, but Ambassadors.
==========

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435535 Apr 26, 2013
Gerald was indoctrinated by the Free Masons and The Rosicrucian Order ... where he learned to have faith in the words of the theologians that taught that reincarnation was the "real deal."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Gerald B. Gardner … Witchcraft Today … 2004.

Being reborn again we ever progress, but to progress we must learn, and to learn ever means suffering. What we endure here in this life fits us for better in the next, and so we are heartened to endure all the trials and troubles here, for we know that they but help us to higher things. Thus the gods teach us to look forward to the time when we be not men any more, when we become one with the Mighty Ones.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435536 Apr 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no "lies" in the Word of God??---The lies ONLY come from protestant "bible only buffoons" who misinterpret it, misrepresent it and misuse it, by "sprewing" their anti-catholic heretical "lies", deceiving others as they deceive themselves---by distorting the TRUTH!!!
How handy that you willingly see lies in other cults, but are certain that your own cult taught you truth.

They programmed you that way on purpose so that you WOULD defend their lies as being absolute truth.

#435537 Apr 26, 2013
truth wrote:
Your law is pure as you see your rivers..dirty..yes so many..are you say who is better between you and others?
~~~

The man that refuses to Receive Jesus Christ as his personal savior because of other man failures...

IS AS..

The man that dies of thirst... because THE river nearest him is contaminated..

____

Rev_21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely
Rev_22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

____

Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Isa 55:10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

___

Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435538 Apr 26, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
How to Defend the Faith without Raising Your Voice is a new sort of apologetics.
Watch out for those smooth-talkers.

Albert Speer of the Nazi regime was a smooth-talker who avoided the death penalty by claiming he was an architect for Hitler and wasn't involved in all that nasty stuff. He was apologetic on behalf of the crimes.

Now, documents have been uncovered that prove that Albert's hands were full of the blood of the Jews.

Soft-speaking doesn't equate any more to truth than does shouting.

And by the way ... Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to be soft-spoken, but they are also trained to willingly allow their children to die from lack of blood, because the "truth" from the same bible as the one you read, won't allow blood-transfusions.

You people have and DO pick words ... often to DEATH.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435539 Apr 26, 2013
How the Catholic hierarchy could canonize Joan of Arc as a saint after their previous murdering pope ordered her to be burned at the stake ... makes it very plain that neither of those popes were guided by any divine creator.

If you don't see the lies ... you don't want to see.

It's as simple as THAT!

#435540 Apr 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
SINCE WHAT YOU HOLD TO BE THE GOSPEL IS NOT WRITTEN ....

IN THE WORD OF GOD..IT HAS NO POWER TO MOVE THE ENEMY...OR OVERCOME HIM...

With out the authority of the NAME OF JESUS...The devil will just laugh in your face..

AND THE DEVIL EVIDENTLY IS HAVING A PARTY WITH YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS..

~~~~

CHRIST ...LIVING WITH IN A MAN IS THAT MANS AUTHORITY AGAINST SATAN...

JESUS SAID

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for

---> without me ye can do nothing.

____

THE NAME OF MARY (NOR ANY OF THE SAINTS) HAVE ANY POWER AGAINST SATAN..

They are not included in God's plan of salvation...

ONLY JESUS IS... the SACRIFICIAL Lamb of God!

Joh_1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold

==>the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. <==

Joh_1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

WORTH IS THE LAMB

Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435541 Apr 26, 2013
Poverty-stricken Catholics starved while giving their hard-earned money to support the church ... so that the popes could live the lives of kings.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

What is the most ornate of the papal treasures?

Among the papal treasures are nine tiaras. The one used for the coronation of Pope Pius X (1903—1914, which is shaped like a beehive and ornately embroidered, is decorated with 529 diamonds, 252 pearls, 32 rubies, 19 emerald, and 11 sapphires.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435542 Apr 26, 2013
When I was young I read somewhere that if people come to you with words of religion telling you that they know the truth ... you best run the other way.

If only I had, I would have saved myself years of trying to figure out why all religion made absolutely no sense to me.

#435543 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
How the Catholic hierarchy could canonize Joan of Arc as a saint after their previous murdering pope ordered her to be burned at the stake ... makes it very plain that neither of those popes were guided by any divine creator.
If you don't see the lies ... you don't want to see.
It's as simple as THAT!
~~~
YOU NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 5 hr ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••