Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
419,801 - 419,820 of 536,787 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>The word made flesh we still have the word and we still have Christ. However peter is dead and in the grave til the resurrection the only thing he and the other apostle passed on was the new testament on parchment and scrolls for the generations to come.
Amen 7th, JESUS lives, and the canon of His Word has been settled period.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Only the catholics have 72 books, among other false things.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

does anyone else have this add crawl in from the vertical left side of your screen each time you turn the page?

How invasive and annoying!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Catholic do teach tradition trumps the bible. The Bible teaches to pray to God the Father in the name of Christ....Catholics pray to Mary and dead "saints"...I know...been there done that..
2. Catholics do worship idols...I know..been there..done that..CNN showed a video of that happening....in color and stereo!!!!
3. Catholics do worship Mary...the rosary is a prayer to her...they knell at her image (an idol)...speaking from experience..
4. The Eucharist is truly not the true body and blood of Christ..to believe that it is...you must accept the Bible teaching cannibalism!!!
5. Catholics really don't preach, follow or proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior...in forty years I never heard one do so!!!
6. Catholics aren't Christian..because they do not follow all teachings of Jesus...they follow traditions...the magnasterium (misspelled I am sure)...teachings from dead "saints"...etc etc
7. Catholics do believe in "works only"...I have heard Catholics defend this erroneous teaching..
8. The Pope does interpret the bible for Catholics...and you dare not question him!!!!
9. Catholics are told not to read or interpret the bible...I know because I was told not to read the Bible..
10.Catholics don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ----to do so requires to be born again "from above"...per Scripture..quote: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.{again: or, from above} I have yet to hear a Catholic claim that he is a born again Christian...
Where is the rest of your regurgitated swill you get from the vatacan???
And you Oxbow, along with your 10 perverted and bogus answers are a "perfect example of why "bible only" (so-called Christians) continue to distort,deceive and lie about what the Catholic Church actually teaches and believes. The ONLY THING that you "fundies" have going for you is to rely upon spreading lies, heresy, hostility and vindictive hate against over 2000 years, of the historically and biblically PROVEN TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church.

Ox said:
It is evident that I am in contact with an expert on the subject.

For once you are right Ox!...I am an "expert" when it come to "seeing through" your Protestant propaganda of anti-catholic lies and your bible only (half-truth -half heresy) Christianity!!! The TRUTH, has, is and will CONTINUE to be (as it has for over 2000 years) in Jesus Christ and HIS One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church.......... Heretics, judgmental hypocrites and condemning bigots, have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----THE CHURCH LIVES ON!!--and will CONTINUE to live on despite people like you!!!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

506 292
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you Oxbow, along with your 10 perverted and bogus answers are a "perfect example of why "bible only" (so-called Christians) continue to distort,deceive and lie about what the Catholic Church actually teaches and believes. The ONLY THING that you "fundies" have going for you is to rely upon spreading lies, heresy, hostility and vindictive hate against over 2000 years, of the historically and biblically PROVEN TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church.
Ox said:
It is evident that I am in contact with an expert on the subject.
For once you are right Ox!...I am an "expert" when it come to "seeing through" your Protestant propaganda of anti-catholic lies and your bible only (half-truth -half heresy) Christianity!!! The TRUTH, has, is and will CONTINUE to be (as it has for over 2000 years) in Jesus Christ and HIS One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church.......... Heretics, judgmental hypocrites and condemning bigots, have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----THE CHURCH LIVES ON!!--and will CONTINUE to live on despite people like you!!!!!!
The vomit you are regurgitating which you swilled from the slop the vatacan fed you, proves my words are undeniably true....you cannot refute the truth......

Thank you....

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your theology claims that only those who believe in Jesus can hope to be "saved."
Muslims, according to your own dogma are only fodder for the Christian devil's hell ... with the approval and stamp of his father-god.
Isn't religion fun though for ... for those who see evil in others, and holiness in their selves??? Sarcasm intended.
Where do you come up with this "garbage (editorialized) theology" June!! NO ONE, the Pope, nor the Catholic Church, not you, not me is the judge of ANYONE else's salvation......... Your (own personal) hostility, vengeance and vindictiveness toward Jesus Christ and the His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, is "your problem"!..... For someone, your age, who has "gone through" many "supposed" (learned) years of life----you obviously have learned "little or nothing!"--except (ONLY) to attack, condemn and rip on God, the Catholic Church and the religious, spiritual and personal faith of other Christians........ You, June, have become an "isolated island unto yourself" "going around in your (atheist or agnostic) circles" (whichever you are) like a merry-go-round going "nowhere ---fast"
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
506 292
<quoted text>
The vomit you are regurgitating which you swilled from the slop the vatacan fed you, proves my words are undeniably true....you cannot refute the truth......
Thank you....
Your "so-called editorialized truth" is just another one of the 42,000 Protestant contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting bible only "hodge-podge" of "Relative Truth's" (what each person decides for themselves) is true!......... It is called "mass confusion"!....... The difference is that, I/we, as Catholics have the TRUTH of the (Mass)!!---and you bible only "heretical Protestants" have the (confusion)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

509 506 292
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "so-called editorialized truth" is just another one of the 42,000 Protestant contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting bible only "hodge-podge" of "Relative Truth's" (what each person decides for themselves) is true!......... It is called "mass confusion"!....... The difference is that, I/we, as Catholics have the TRUTH of the (Mass)!!---and you bible only "heretical Protestants" have the (confusion)
You are too kind!!!!

Thank you....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

1. Catholics do teach tradition trumps the bible. The Bible teaches to pray to God the Father in the name of Christ....Catholics pray to Mary and dead "saints"...I know...been there done that..

According to hojo and clay what I am saying is a lie.

Scripture:
Mt 6:9 ∂ After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven)

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ....)

Who can show me a lie in the Word of God????
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
Just as the catholic 'virgin mary' is NOT the mother of Jesus Mary who was a virgin the so-called keys of Peter also predate Christianity to previous religions of Rome. The keys are also found in Islam and other religions. Rome only seized upon a biblical text otherwise known as gnosticism. The Roman Church was founded by the first gnostic, Simon Magus.
Debating delusions.

Let us pray:

"Dear Jesus, please cure cancer for all of mankind today at 5 p.m.
EDT. Amen"

Why not?

Because deep down inside, we all know it's imaginary.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome!
Do not ever, never, never, ever, never, and never again believe one word that comes from their mouths.
Not one.
Ever.(Especially that 'socci' thing that posts here.)
They have lying down to an art form. It's the only way they can justify their rejection of Christ's church, so they adhere to no boundaries of decency.
It's good to have Catholics telling the world about "the boundaries of decency."
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

in heaven..explain..peter cross upsidedown..
heaven=nevaeh
now
i give you freedom .. you don't knowing past time..
rest from half saturday and sunday..don't work that day..remember
remember he not forget tears
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

creation
look
who left seal on your hand..'N'

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not, men won't allow it.
Why do you believe men?
I seldom do, they are prone to lie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Debating delusions.
Let us pray:
EDT. Amen"
Why not?
Folly is not wise, when you do not understand the end result.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Polluted water air med.
medicine vaccine blade and mind..is that your recommend of prayers..much more for set up..

oh dear Jesus you can do that don't you..

don't cry when i died...
by

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

truth wrote:
Polluted water air med.
medicine vaccine blade and mind..is that your recommend of prayers..much more for set up..
oh dear Jesus you can do that don't you..
don't cry when i died...
by
I suggest you change your meds. You might want to change tribes also.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no other gods comes from the beginning in GENESIS. The book of Genesis was not written by the Jews.
Theory on the authorship of the book of Genesis:
http://archive.org/details/WhoWroteTheBookOfG...
Many different images of gods existed in the imaginations of devout believers. Your image is not special to anyone but you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

who="Religion - A Delusion"
Debating delusions.
Let us pray:
EDT. Amen"
Why not?

"WE" don't know any such thing. You just miss a point. One must BELIEVE God to get anything from Him. Faith is the necessary connection.

I have been instantly healed (even from strep throat). I've known of many others who have the same sort of experiences.

Sometimes we bring on our pain (smoking, drinking, etc). Obedience AND faith are necessary here. Jesus said, "Go and sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."

You think you can't believe in a God you cannot see. Well, you can't see oxygen, either, but you can't live without it.

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

The vatican is a money-making machine run by cunning men who use a god as their "foundation."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities Ö A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

What is Peterís Pence?

The most lucrative of the Vaticanís direct sources of income is Peterís Pence, which averages between $25 million and 35 million each year, derived from contributions made in all parts of the world, wherever there are Roman Catholic churches or dioceses. A custom that developed in Britain over a thousand years ago, when a yearly tax was imposed on householders in favor of the pope, Peterís Pence is now strictly volunteer. The last Sunday in June is usually the day on which the money is collected in Catholic churches everywhere, donated in the name of Saint Peter and Saint Paul. Bishops making their personal visit to the pope carry the money with them in the form of a check, usually for U.S. Dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••