Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,048
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
truth

Perth, Australia

#435514 Apr 26, 2013
in heaven..explain..peter cross upsidedown..
heaven=nevaeh
now
i give you freedom .. you don't knowing past time..
rest from half saturday and sunday..don't work that day..remember
remember he not forget tears
truth

Perth, Australia

#435515 Apr 26, 2013
creation
look
who left seal on your hand..'N'

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#435516 Apr 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not, men won't allow it.
Why do you believe men?
I seldom do, they are prone to lie.

Location hidden

#435517 Apr 26, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Debating delusions.
Let us pray:
"Dear Jesus, please cure cancer for all of mankind today at 5 p.m.
EDT. Amen"
Why not?
Because deep down inside, we all know it's imaginary.
Folly is not wise, when you do not understand the end result.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435518 Apr 26, 2013
Polluted water air med.
medicine vaccine blade and mind..is that your recommend of prayers..much more for set up..

oh dear Jesus you can do that don't you..

don't cry when i died...
by

Location hidden

#435519 Apr 26, 2013
truth wrote:
Polluted water air med.
medicine vaccine blade and mind..is that your recommend of prayers..much more for set up..
oh dear Jesus you can do that don't you..
don't cry when i died...
by
I suggest you change your meds. You might want to change tribes also.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435520 Apr 26, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no other gods comes from the beginning in GENESIS. The book of Genesis was not written by the Jews.
Theory on the authorship of the book of Genesis:
http://archive.org/details/WhoWroteTheBookOfG...
Many different images of gods existed in the imaginations of devout believers. Your image is not special to anyone but you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#435521 Apr 26, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion"
Debating delusions.
Let us pray:
"Dear Jesus, please cure cancer for all of mankind today at 5 p.m.
EDT. Amen"
Why not?
Because deep down inside, we all know it's imaginary.

"WE" don't know any such thing. You just miss a point. One must BELIEVE God to get anything from Him. Faith is the necessary connection.

I have been instantly healed (even from strep throat). I've known of many others who have the same sort of experiences.

Sometimes we bring on our pain (smoking, drinking, etc). Obedience AND faith are necessary here. Jesus said, "Go and sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."

You think you can't believe in a God you cannot see. Well, you can't see oxygen, either, but you can't live without it.

KayMarie

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435522 Apr 26, 2013
The vatican is a money-making machine run by cunning men who use a god as their "foundation."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

What is Peter’s Pence?

The most lucrative of the Vatican’s direct sources of income is Peter’s Pence, which averages between $25 million and 35 million each year, derived from contributions made in all parts of the world, wherever there are Roman Catholic churches or dioceses. A custom that developed in Britain over a thousand years ago, when a yearly tax was imposed on householders in favor of the pope, Peter’s Pence is now strictly volunteer. The last Sunday in June is usually the day on which the money is collected in Catholic churches everywhere, donated in the name of Saint Peter and Saint Paul. Bishops making their personal visit to the pope carry the money with them in the form of a check, usually for U.S. Dollars.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435523 Apr 26, 2013
Protestants don't have incomes from Peter's Pence ... from countless private businesses ... from tourism ... and from running their own private bank and state.

The god of the Jews seems to have blessed the Catholics ... "royally."

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435524 Apr 26, 2013
To think that ex-Catholic Jews could tell a story that a character named Jesus ... after he died on the cross ... changed the name of a Jew from Simon Bar johah to Peter, and converted him to be a Catholic pope (the first of a new religion)... and pass that story by gullible people as the absolute truth ... is quite the DEAL.

And then to make money by the score FROM that flamboyant story ... is amazing.

It suggest that a Jew came back from the dead to promote a Catholic religion.

Hahahahahahahahaha

#435525 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to free others from the blight of religion, is not being bogged down in trusting that religion gave me answers.
At the end of my religion journey, religion gave me nothing but dis-ease and disillusionment. That's why I left it behind.
~~~

Your wrote..

Trying to free others from the blight of religion,

Will you please take the time to explain ...HOW or WHY...That you have concluded that THERE SHOULD BE A LAW AGAINST THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT...
AND true Christianity.....

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

IT IS NOT CHRISTIANITY THAT IS A BLIGHT...

IT IS THE WEAKNESS... ARROGANCE AND HYPOCRITICAL ATTITUDE... OF THOSE THAT FAIL TO LIVE IT..

THOSE THAT FAIL TO ALLOW CHRIST TO REPRESENT HIMSELF THROUGH THEM...

THOSE THAT DON'T HAVE WHAT THEY CLAIM..THEY DO...

THESE ARE RELIGIOUS ..IN RITUALS, CALISTHENICS, IN SHOW-MAN SHIP

Having a form of godliness BUT NEVER BEEN BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT...

never obeying the word...always resisting it. the don't know what it is to be obedient to God...

THAT SAYS

Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Jas 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

Jas 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435526 Apr 26, 2013
Theologians are in deed "tellers of fortune."

They preach that if you believe in their words ... good fortune will be yours.

But if you dare to question their words as being fibs, curses will fall on you ... post haste.

And they have the nerve to claim that a god supports their promises.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435527 Apr 26, 2013
The modern Pagan religions give the best deal yet. Their theology (for the most part) teaches that the goddess loves every body ... unconditionally.

Young gullible Christians are drawn to the promises by being told that Christians are welcome. But we all know that Christianity and modern Paganism have totally different theologies, and that the real aim is to slowly take the Christian theology out of the young Christians and make them over into Wiccans and other form of Pagan believers.

In so doing, again we will see Christian parents that are distraught in the idea that their fledglings have joined a cult.

But stealing the young is also a habit of Christians, as they ply their dogma on Muslims, etc., in other countries.

Religion is ongoing with its design to "divide and conquer."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435528 Apr 26, 2013
Gerald B. Gardner … Witchcraft Today … 2004.

The Wiccan Future: A Campus Viewpoint by Tara Nelsen

I was recently invited to speak about Wicca and Paganism at a local high school class on ethics and religious diversity. This town is a small community, deep in the Bible Belt. The class was created in response to a community-wide controversy surrounding the posting of the Ten Commandments inside the public school. I felt it was an opportunity to tell local youth the truth about Paganism and to express the fact that there are many different religious beliefs held in their own community.

“How many of you had heard of Wicca or Paganism before taking this class?” I watched in amazement as more than half the class raised their hands. It wasn’t like this when I started on my path. This particular community was not only predominantly Christian but very fundamentalist and right-wing beliefs. These students were raised to be very closed-minded and had less than average exposure to the diversity of the world. That was my presumption. Over the years, something has changed.

#435529 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Theologians are in deed "tellers of fortune."
They preach that if you believe in their words ... good fortune will be yours.
But if you dare to question their words as being fibs, curses will fall on you ... post haste.
And they have the nerve to claim that a god supports their promises.
~~~

GOD HAS GIVEN THE PROPHECY FOR ALL MAN KIND...

HE SAID..

Pro_8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Eze_18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Eze_18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

BEST PAY ATTENTION TO GOD AND IGNORE THOSE THAT TEACH ANOTHER JESUS..

AND WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN SOUL,,,

If some preacher's actions stand between you and your own personal relationship with God...

ARE THEY NOT CLOSER TO GOD THEN YOU ARE?

Are their actions not controlling you?
truth

Perth, Australia

#435530 Apr 26, 2013
Your law is pure as you see your rivers..dirty..yes so many..are you say who is better between you and others?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435531 Apr 26, 2013
Since approximately 1949 to 2013 ... the new religion of modern Paganism has rooted itself into society.

Many lies were told in the process, but the same is true of all religions.

One of the lies is that ancient Paganism was about goddess LOVE.

Ancient Pagans burned humans and animals in the flames as sacrifices to their imaginary gods.

Another lie, from what I have studied, was that the Christians were not burning Pagans at the stake in the Middle Ages. They were burning each other as witches. Such was the case with Joan of Arc, who was Catholic, but was burned BY the Catholic hierarchy as a witch.

Religion never was about telling truth. It was about grouping and re-grouping for the next onslaught of torture and killing in the name of the gods and goddesses.

Modern Pagans will try to fool others, but having dealt with them on these threads, I believe they can be as nasty and underhanded in dealing with others as to make some of these Christians appear as straight-forward.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435532 Apr 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fear-filled threats are losing young folks to Wicca. The new age religion is centered in goddess love. She no longer curses homosexuals as was believed by the father of Wicca ... but now, with the offshoots of the original Wicca, the goddess is pure DIVINE LOVE.

You can't get a better deal anywhere in the shopping-MAUL of religious-fantasy!

:)
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#435533 Apr 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
1. Catholics do teach tradition trumps the bible. The Bible teaches to pray to God the Father in the name of Christ....Catholics pray to Mary and dead "saints"...I know...been there done that..
According to hojo and clay what I am saying is a lie.

Who can show me a lie in the Word of God????
There are no "lies" in the Word of God??---The lies ONLY come from protestant "bible only buffoons" who misinterpret it, misrepresent it and misuse it, by "sprewing" their anti-catholic heretical "lies", deceiving others as they deceive themselves---by distorting the TRUTH!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Hebrewsunite 9,035
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 8 hr barefoot2626 35
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 20 hr YaWay 173
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
News Francis expects short papacy Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 2
More from around the web