Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,821
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#435443 Apr 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You should probably start considering where your soul will end up.
The best thing you ever did for the Catholic Church is leave. We have no room for people with your level of ignorance. I know that sounds harsh, but what are we supposed to do? You have free will. You rejected the Church and the Eucharist for a more me me me brand of Christianity that falsely guarantees you salvation.
Maybe you left because (apparently) you were the only one worshiping statues and felt like you didn't belong! lol.
Actually Clay, he did say why he left.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435444 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christian theology states from the get-go that all who wish to be saved MUST believe in Jesus, as it's the only way to heaven ... which would be a surprise to faithful Jews, as their theology indicates that Jews don't go to heaven.

What Jews believe today and what they believed 2000 years ago are two different things. The gospel is the same cover to cover OT & NT books; that is basically 6000 years here on earth followed by Judgment.

Im not aware of an OT passage that tells of going to heaven at that time but God came to earth and gave more info about this..

John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also."

This is consistent with the following OT book..

Jeremiah 4:25 "I beheld, and, see,***there was no man***, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld, and, see, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger."

Notice this is the state of the earth after Jesus returns. There is NO MAN left behind. Where are God's people? They are in heaven. There they will be for the 1000 year millennium before returning for the GWTJ.
www.1000yearmillennium.com
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435446 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Here's how some people started a new religion.
:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
1963: The Reformed Druids of North America begins as a protest against a requirement that students at Carleton College, in Minnesota, attend religious services. Since any religious service would count, some students, including Robert Larson, started RDNA as a humorous way to test the system. The founders were Jewish, Christian and agnostic and did not intend to start a new religion. However, it subsequently evolves into one and spreads.
http://www.americanneopaganism.com/neopaganis...

This is a very poor example of religion start-ups.

Rome is the centre of confusion. She has created numerous false religion including but not limited to - Mormonism, JW, Islam, and I believe NoI, Freemasonry and all associated occult systems such as Wicca, and atheism since the French Revolution by the Jesuits and masonic illuminati -- this was the Vatican's plan to replace the HRE with the NWO we see today. The declaration of the NWO is on their coinage, the US dollar. Karl Marx joined this NWO conspiracy following the French Revolution..
www.angelfire.com/music2/fullcircle/mas2.html
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435447 Apr 25, 2013
My Portal wrote:
The word Religion actually translates into fear of God. Many fear what they can't see or can't touch and feel.

FEAR - as in worship / respect as you do your earthly parents. We fear their scorn and punishment as they have authority over us. So too even more does the Father of all creation, God.
His children are often in rebellion & disobedience and hell awaits for their is no room for rebellion in the new earth to come.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435448 Apr 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
June
Thats a bit of a loaded question. But let me answer.
I believe God loves Muslims if they don't convert to Christianity. More simply, I believe God loves everyone, including you.

We dont have to "believe" we can know since it is written:

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" 1 Tim 2:3
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#435449 Apr 25, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "fleet" of planes. In fact, there's no even one plane. Where do these people get this garbage from? I have no patience for these ignoramuses.
Rome, Italy, Feb 8, 2012 / 06:04 pm (CNA).- Contrary to popular belief, Pope Benedict does not own a private jet but instead travels on commercial airlines since the Vatican “doesn’t have the space or the money” to maintain one, an insider said.
Mexican priest and journalist Father Gonzalo Meza told CNA on Feb. 2 that the Pope always departs Rome on Alitalia, and an airline from the country he is visiting usually brings him home.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatica...
Thank you Regina. Sometimes I rely on their statements to be factual. I should know better.

If the Church DID have a plane, it would make economical sense with the amount of traveling they do.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435450 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Which one?
Oh ... let me guess ... the one that is the favorite of your personalized imagination.
:)

Jesus, there is no proof for any other gods. The Bible says he is God and creator. The Bible is confirmed repeatedly with a long HISTORY & SCIENCE. You denying the fact will not change it. Your rebellion is a trait from Satan.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#435451 Apr 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You should probably start considering where your soul will end up.
The best thing you ever did for the Catholic Church is leave. We have no room for people with your level of ignorance. I know that sounds harsh, but what are we supposed to do? You have free will. You rejected the Church and the Eucharist for a more me me me brand of Christianity that falsely guarantees you salvation.
Maybe you left because (apparently) you were the only one worshiping statues and felt like you didn't belong! lol.
Your babbling, and not refuting, the truth in my post, proves you are a typical Catholic..blindly following the piped piper from Rome, instead of the Word of God.....
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435452 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If a god gave me free will, it should be free will from the get-go forever more.
For a god to say "Wait a minute now, I gave you free will, but then I set some commandments for you to follow, and because you didn't follow them, you will now have to burn in hell," is the stuff written by theological imbeciles.

God's commandments includes laws against murder and theft, but also choosing other gods. If you choose to reject your creator that is your free-will. Nobody including God can make you love him. But if you choose rebellion you perish with Satan. This was your choice. It is sound doctrine as you have chosen to reject the Creator of the universe and follow yourself or Satan.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435453 Apr 25, 2013
Regina wrote:
There is no "fleet" of planes. In fact, there's no even one plane. Where do these people get this garbage from? I have no patience for these ignoramuses.

Besides the admitted assets of the Vatican the pope has papal knights that own numerous corporations within his world--wide empire including airlines. Sir Richard Branson owns Virgin Air, f.ex.

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#435454 Apr 25, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus, there is no proof for any other gods. The Bible says he is God and creator. The Bible is confirmed repeatedly with a long HISTORY & SCIENCE. You denying the fact will not change it. Your rebellion is a trait from Satan.
I post theology from those in other religions often, but you (in your narrow mind) believe that only the dogmas of your religion are true.

All believers in all the ancient religions believed the same ... that their gods were real, and that what the theologians taught about the gods was absolute truth.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435455 Apr 25, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
but also choosing other gods.
When the Jews believed in multiple gods, they had no problem with other gods being worshipped by those in other religions.

But when some of the Jews branched off of polytheism to create the one-god dogma ... they wrote into their book "thou shalt have no other gods before me" which they hoped would stop the worship of multiple gods in all the other religions worshipped up to that time.

But those Jews were not cunning enough to think of writing "thou shalt have no other gods AFTER me."

Had they done written that into their book, my guess is, there would be no Catholics, Muslims or Protestants.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435456 Apr 25, 2013
Pope visits USA on specially chartered plane.

"After a final speech, he boarded a specially chartered Alitalia plane with the callsign "Shepherd One" and touched down at Rome's Ciampino International Airport at 10:40 AM local time."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XV... 's_visit_to_the_United_States

This was the first visit since the Reagan restored diplomatic relations in 1984.(Reagan's dad was Roman Catholic, he was knighted.)
Diplomatic relations had been broken following the assassination of president Lincoln when one of the suspects was discovered at the Vatican in the pope's guard corp, John Surratt.

Hopefully pope never returns.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435457 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I post theology from those in other religions often, but you (in your narrow mind) believe that only the dogmas of your religion are true.
All believers in all the ancient religions believed the same ... that their gods were real, and that what the theologians taught about the gods was absolute truth.

Jesus is an historic fact that confirms the Biblical account, unlike other religions. Not dogma. Many other religions do not allow conversions, such as Islam. The dogma is your pagan faith that rejects this historic fact.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435458 Apr 25, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a very poor example of religion start-ups.
Rome is the centre of confusion. She has created numerous false religion including but not limited to - Mormonism, JW, Islam, and I believe NoI, Freemasonry and all associated occult systems such as Wicca,
Mormonism, the Jehovah's Witnesses, and the Free Masons all came along after the 16th century. Islam was an offshoot of Judaism and Christian combobulation, that started in the 7th century. Wicca started about 1949 and is the new kid on the block.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435459 Apr 25, 2013
socci wrote:
Pope visits USA on specially chartered plane.
"After a final speech, he boarded a specially chartered Alitalia plane with the callsign "Shepherd One" and touched down at Rome's Ciampino International Airport at 10:40 AM local time."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XV... 's_visit_to_the_United_States
From my perspective popes never did travel second-class ... or without body guards.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435460 Apr 25, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is an historic fact that confirms the Biblical account, unlike other religions. Not dogma. Many other religions do not allow conversions, such as Islam. The dogma is your pagan faith that rejects this historic fact.
Catholics wrote all that nonsense.

Islam teaches that all people must be Muslim or that will not be in Paradise ... the equivalent of eternal bliss promised in all religions.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435461 Apr 25, 2013
or they will not be in Paradise

New Hazelton, Canada

#435462 Apr 25, 2013
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Hocus Pocus

The term hocus pocus arose from the habit of magical charlatans of peppering their nonsense chants with scraps of ecclesiastical Latin; it was a corruption of hoc est corpus meum,“this is my body,” from the communion service. Such chants were usually accompanied by hieratic gestures and solemn poses, designed to impress. Thus, hocus pocus became a generic term for ritualistic behavior without any particular underlying symbolism: a ritual undertaken for its own sake, to awe but not to enlighten the observer. Wizards of all types inevitably discovered that the average person responded just as strongly to this use of ritual as to any other kind.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#435463 Apr 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Thats a bit of a loaded question. But let me answer.
I believe God loves Muslims if they don't convert to Christianity. More simply, I believe God loves everyone, including you.
Then what is the purpose of any religion, if man doesn't get a say, yet want to dictate for what you are to believe?

BTW - this would Self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 21 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 23 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 23 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••