Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,987)

Showing posts 419,721 - 419,740 of532,027
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Ecl. There is nothing new under the sun. There is nothing to be added to the bible or taken away.
Of course not, men won't allow it.

Why do you believe men?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me one thing, why does the Catholic Church need bullet proof limo's, a fleet of planes, ownership in land and buildings that have nothing to do with the church. Seems a lot of people could benefit from those things of the private and political sector.
-a bullet proof limo because people want to kill the Pope.
- A fleet of planes? I don't know about a fleet, but they would need a couple to tried the Cardinals and Bishops from land to land. If they had to pay coach on Delta, it would cost them more.
-any land our building they own ultimately has something to do with the Church. Either in administrative, educational or worship.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

*meant USHER the Cardinals and Bishops from land to land.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Ecl. There is nothing new under the sun. There is nothing to be added to the bible or taken away.
You must be confused on what I responded to.

I didn't imply there was something "new", as you have - I was pointing out documents that were in existence during the Council of Nicea in 325 CE - which goes to show men chose what Christianity's followers are to believe and what they are not.

Why do you believe men?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:

Silly ... A person can't hate something in which the person doesn't believe.
It just doesn't exist.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: A person "can" hate something in which "another person" believes "does" exist!
This is not what she stated.

But you as a Catholic - had to go and twist it to the way you wanted it to read, huh?

Same-ole, same ole Catholicism.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said I was.
You shouldn't jump to unfounded conclusions.
just mess'n w/you, friend! i enjoy your company (sometimes):)

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Catholic do teach tradition trumps the bible. The Bible teaches to pray to God the Father in the name of Christ....Catholics pray to Mary and dead "saints"...I know...been there done that..
Citation please.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>2. Catholics do worship idols...I know..been there..done that..CNN showed a video of that happening....in color and stereo!!!!
You misconstrue what an "idol" is.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>3. Catholics do worship Mary...the rosary is a prayer to her...they knell at her image (an idol)...speaking from experience..
So - it doesn't mean they worship her. Your ilk reads more into this than is necessary.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>4. The Eucharist is truly not the true body and blood of Christ..to believe that it is...you must accept the Bible teaching cannibalism!!!
Symbolism.

Got that - it's just symbolism of a spiritual intake of Jesus.

Sheez - no wonder you hate. It sounds like you just don't understand.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>5. Catholics really don't preach, follow or proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior...in forty years I never heard one do so!!!
Neither do you - as you refuse to accept a good portion of his teachings as well.

You want to make claims about others, I am going to show you where you failed to have a pristine backyard too.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>6. Catholics aren't Christian..because they do not follow all teachings of Jesus...they follow traditions...the magnasterium (misspelled I am sure)...teachings from dead "saints"...etc etc
Neitehr do you. Stop playing the matryr
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>7. Catholics do believe in "works only"...I have heard Catholics defend this erroneous teaching..
I disagree.

Citation please. Then again, you've only heard this, which probably makes it false.

I heard you would rather believe "Paul" than Jesus.

Now that is a fact.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>8. The Pope does interpret the bible for Catholics...and you dare not question him!!!!
I disagree. The Pope doesn't interpret any texts in the Bible - he only refers to it and gives his opinion of the text.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>9. Catholics are told not to read or interpret the bible...I know because I was told not to read the Bible..
This was true - about 1000 years ago.

You should start living in the 21st C.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>10.Catholics don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ----to do so requires to be born again "from above"...per Scripture..quote: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.{again: or, from above} I have yet to hear a Catholic claim that he is a born again Christian...
WOW!! Such all-encompassing statements.

Who are you to say what kind of relationship an individual has with Jesus? Shoot, you don't even believe in all of his teachigns yourself.

Don't be a hypocrite.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the rest of your regurgitated swill you get from the vatacan???
Must be close to the same source you get yours from, huh?

Christianity divides.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

<quoted text>
Never said I was.
You shouldn't jump to unfounded conclusions.
You are right, my apologies.

Your response to me, seemed to imply you were.

I take it back and willbe more astute next time.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe your imaginary god loves Muslims if they don't first convert to Christianity?
June

Thats a bit of a loaded question. But let me answer.

I believe God loves Muslims if they don't convert to Christianity. More simply, I believe God loves everyone, including you.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your theology claims that only those who believe in Jesus can hope to be "saved."
Muslims, according to your own dogma are only fodder for the Christian devil's hell ... with the approval and stamp of his father-god.
Isn't religion fun though for ... for those who see evil in others, and holiness in their selves??? Sarcasm intended.
June:

You might consider that hell is not so much where God and true religion confines from freedom, as much as it is a place in which those within it, lock the doors from the inside.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
-a bullet proof limo because people want to kill the Pope.
- A fleet of planes? I don't know about a fleet, but they would need a couple to tried the Cardinals and Bishops from land to land. If they had to pay coach on Delta, it would cost them more.
-any land our building they own ultimately has something to do with the Church. Either in administrative, educational or worship.
There is no "fleet" of planes. In fact, there's no even one plane. Where do these people get this garbage from? I have no patience for these ignoramuses.

Rome, Italy, Feb 8, 2012 / 06:04 pm (CNA).- Contrary to popular belief, Pope Benedict does not own a private jet but instead travels on commercial airlines since the Vatican “doesn’t have the space or the money” to maintain one, an insider said.

Mexican priest and journalist Father Gonzalo Meza told CNA on Feb. 2 that the Pope always departs Rome on Alitalia, and an airline from the country he is visiting usually brings him home.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatica...
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me one thing, why does the Catholic Church need bullet proof limo's, a fleet of planes, ownership in land and buildings that have nothing to do with the church. Seems a lot of people could benefit from those things of the private and political sector.
My Portal

True wealth comes from God.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
True wealth comes from God.
Which one?

Oh ... let me guess ... the one that is the favorite of your personalized imagination.

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "fleet" of planes. In fact, there's no even one plane. Where do these people get this garbage from? I have no patience for these ignoramuses.
Rome, Italy, Feb 8, 2012 / 06:04 pm (CNA).- Contrary to popular belief, Pope Benedict does not own a private jet but instead travels on commercial airlines since the Vatican “doesn’t have the space or the money” to maintain one, an insider said.
Mexican priest and journalist Father Gonzalo Meza told CNA on Feb. 2 that the Pope always departs Rome on Alitalia, and an airline from the country he is visiting usually brings him home.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatica...
"Pope Benedict does not own a private jet but instead travels on commercial airlines since the Vatican “doesn’t have the space or the money” to maintain one, an insider said."

That is the funniest line EVER! Tourism brings in the big-bucks to the vatican. And the parishioners support the hierarchy to live in high style.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

How rich is the Vatican?

As one cardinal’s aide quipped not long ago,“The Vatican should truly be judged by the companies it keeps.”
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
People in most religions believe in an evil entity or entities that punish others for not believing in the righteous and right religion.
And they don't perceive their selves as foolish. They just perceive that others are foolish for not believing as THEY believe.
Religious indoctrination encapsulates believers in individual cults, and does allow the believer to see from the viewpoint of other believers. It's the nature of cults to be protective of their own dogmas.
That is why religion is not suited to any semblance of world peace. It preaches peaces at the same time as it is creating perpetual division.
June:

It is when people stray from the awesomeness of God's Love that begins the injustice you speak of, in the minds and hearts, of those who believe, and are led astray, not so much by others, but their own passions, and desires.

We all must bear those who fault us, whether true or not, as the focus on God's Love gives peace.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
You might consider that hell is not so much where God and true religion confines from freedom, as much as it is a place in which those within it, lock the doors from the inside.
If a god gave me free will, it should be free will from the get-go forever more.

For a god to say "Wait a minute now, I gave you free will, but then I set some commandments for you to follow, and because you didn't follow them, you will now have to burn in hell," is the stuff written by theological imbeciles.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
It is when people stray from the awesomeness of God's Love that begins the injustice you speak of, in the minds and hearts, of those who believe, and are led astray, not so much by others, but their own passions, and desires.
We all must bear those who fault us, whether true or not, as the focus on God's Love gives peace.
Blah, blah, blah.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one?
Oh ... let me guess ... the one that is the favorite of your personalized imagination.
June:

Oh... if only I had an imagination as large as God's smallest thought.

But alas, I do not.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Thats a bit of a loaded question. But let me answer.
I believe God loves Muslims if they don't convert to Christianity. More simply, I believe God loves everyone, including you.
What you believe is irrelevant. Christian theology states from the get-go that all who wish to be saved MUST believe in Jesus, as it's the only way to heaven ... which would be a surprise to faithful Jews, as their theology indicates that Jews don't go to heaven.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Silly ... A person can't hate something in which the person doesn't believe.
It just doesn't exist.
<quoted text>
This is not what she stated.
But you as a Catholic - had to go and twist it to the way you wanted it to read, huh?
Same-ole, same ole Catholicism.
Hahahaha I think it's really funny when someone mixes up who they are posting to.

Been there ... done that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 419,721 - 419,740 of532,027
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••