Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,349
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#435382 Apr 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
nope, i see that the DON'T FEED THE ANIMALS sign is up at the zoo today;)
believing that Goodness is Personified in Christ is the first & only Godly choice a human can make and you're failing miserably.
why would anyone trust someone who doesn't like Goodness/God???
You'll have to believe in all of Jesus in order to find this depth of his teachings.

....and since you don't - you lose.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#435383 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome, and I wish you the best in your journey.
thank you June, same to you!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#435384 Apr 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to believe in all of Jesus in order to find this depth of his teachings.
....and since you don't - you lose.
good grief.....you're not referring to those blasphemous mystic writings of tommy-boy & jumpin-judas again are you?:(
youtube

AOL

#435385 Apr 25, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435386 Apr 25, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
However I did prove why your friend June is full of hate....because christians don't believe what she does.
What's absurd is to spend hours on a public forum to argue God doesn't exist. Think about that one friend.....
You don't like what she posts, so you question her motives.

I understand. You can't refute.

If you are certain of your god, then why are YOU wasting your time here, arguing that god does exist? Is this board somehow your god's workshop?

Stop being silly. She questions your imaginary friend -- of which you have no proof of course -- so you attack the messenger's motives.

If you had any evidence that your god is real, while all others in history are not, why don't you present it in your reply?

Think about that my friend.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#435387 Apr 25, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like what she posts, so you question her motives.
I understand. You can't refute.
If you are certain of your god, then why are YOU wasting your time here, arguing that god does exist? Is this board somehow your god's workshop?
Stop being silly. She questions your imaginary friend -- of which you have no proof of course -- so you attack the messenger's motives.
If you had any evidence that your god is real, while all others in history are not, why don't you present it in your reply?
Think about that my friend.
Should me a post where I argue about whether or not God exist.....friend. Thanks

Most of this thread is arguement of doctrine....God's Word. Then an atheist like Grams comes along and she's alone, old and has no one to talk to and posts "there's no God"...just so someone will talk to her.

So.....friend, like I said, I usually discuss doctrine but this one time I threw Grams a bone. I feel sorry for her.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#435388 Apr 25, 2013
youtube wrote:
100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moaXuWJryu8XX
You've been drinking, way---- too much, "100% proof"!!!
Which has "infected" your ability to think!! It only confirms, the fact, that you have "no idea" as to what you are talking about!!!
margeer

Ames, IA

#435389 Apr 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
And who are you to decide if it is or isn't?
Question: Jesus had a set of keys, right?
Did Jesus Christ give them to Peter or not?
You guys say you're word for word sola scripturist..
This one seems as obvious as anything written in the entire Bible.
I don't get the point how it matters, you have no claim to Peter different than ours as he is a brother.

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#435390 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Is this board somehow your god's workshop?
Hahahahahahahaha
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#435391 Apr 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I can understand your point here,but I disagree <snipped for space>s.
"Our roots as to who and what Christ is in our lives is what connects us,even if we are not in the same affiliation."

This is one problem. "who and what Christ is" is subject to whomever is interpreting the bible. Many bible alone protestant sects don't believe as you do about Christ. Also, protestanism as a whole is all over the board on the true nature of Christ as a result of their rejection of Mary.

"The Spirit is the ONE who makes us O N E,not an organization or affiliation,that is obvious!"

The Spirit does not unite people who believe conflicting doctrines about Jesus. The Church has an obigation to profess a "creed" so that it's members can be united in the correct belief about Jesus.

"The Bible is not that difficult to follow,if a soul seeks to allow the Holy Spirit to guide and direct,TEACH,convict of sin and so on."

Jesus didn't hand out bibles and say the Spirit will guide you to properly interpret it. The bible can help instruct us, but it must be read and understood in the light of the Church. That's why He founded the Church.

"as there is no PRIVATE Interpretation."

Hogwash. The foundation of protestantism is private interpretation and the disagreements and splits started IMMEDIATELY after.

"But as we are taught to reverently handle the Word of God:reading,studying,using for proof of sound doctrine, ultimately the Spirit will produce the proper fruit within those who do such,for the glory of the whole Body in Christ,not some individual interpretation,but that which is brought about by the Spirit for the whole, assembly as it were."

You cannot deny that Individual interpretation is the reason there are thousands of competing protestant sects. There is no unity in protestantism. This is contrary to Jesus's wishes.

"Do you really think that the Holy Spirit is going to just throw all of what is Holy out there,for all of us to grapple to the ground to pick up pieces of it for our own benefit?"

No. I think you fail to grasp to the magnitude of Luther's error. Generations later your tradition is so ingrained that it may never result in protestantism reunifying with the Body of Christ, His Church. It will happen with the Orthodox and the Anglicans.

You need to spend more time researching the protestant folks, godly men and women, who have come to this realization and come to the Church.

"It is really disrespectful to the Holy Spirit to continue on the premise that your church alone has the true interpretation of the Scriptures,yet at the same time acquiese to the fact that our baptism makes us Christians,as if we need the approval of the RCC to condone our baptism..."

I would think you'd see it as an acknowledgement by the Church that you haven't discarded ALL of the apostolic teachings.

"The Word does not leave us in the dark,and without understanding as to what the Will of the Father is,so that alone with the Spirit's help leads us into ORDER,not mayhem and chaos"

The written Word CANNOT be seperated from the Church. You may not be in total darkness, but it is only through His Church that the bible comes to light in it's fullness
margeer

Ames, IA

#435392 Apr 25, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
k3, p2, yo, k2tog, yo, ssk, end k2....
She was a much better knitter than an atheist.
Has it been three years already since you showed up talking about knitting, or four! wow i think i've been here since 2008. Blessings Regina:)
margeer

Ames, IA

#435393 Apr 25, 2013
why does margeer have to join the community? who's that messin with me? Identify yourself.
marge

Ames, IA

#435394 Apr 25, 2013
well maybe i did mess my name but i did not write join the community under it.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435395 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I disagree June.
In the Bible, the very reason Jesus appeared is because they did not believe. Jesus knew that people needed to see it to believe it.
So he appeared often.
Matthew chapter 28
Mark chapter 16
Luke chapter 24
John Chapter 20 and 21
Corinthians 15:3-6
Jesus appeared to Paul. So why not to you or me or other skeptics?
No one will pray with me for Jesus to appear to every poster here. Everyone knows that request is silly.
Why?
Because deep inside, they know that their sky daddy is imaginary, just like every other sky daddy in human history.
I meant that Jesus didn't appear "except" in imaginations.

Kids picture Santa Claus in their minds because they were shown pictures of Santa Claus.

Artists were commissioned to paint pictures of the Jesus-character of myth. My guess is, had the artists painted a picture of one such as the elephant-man (Joseph Merrick) people would not have worshipped THAT image of a savior ... not a chance.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435396 Apr 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad,you didn't put the biblical quote,verse chapter and so on for what Jesus supposedly said about the unclean woman in cyclical periods.
I would wanted to have read that for myself.You should look it up if possible,thank you!
Why aren't you looking it up and posting it if it's of such interest to you?

New Hazelton, Canada

#435397 Apr 25, 2013
Note the last words in this hymn ... "Hail the 'sun' of righteousness."

Sun worship came from Paganism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Charles Wesley wrote this hymn.

Christ, by highest Heav’n adored;
Christ the everlasting Lord;
Late in time, behold Him come,
Offspring of a virgin’s womb.
Veiled in flesh the Godhead see;
Hail th’incarnate Deity,
Pleased with us in flesh to dwell,
Jesus our Emmanuel.
Hail the heav’nly Prince of Peace!
Hail the Sun of Righteousness!

http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/Hark_ ...

New Hazelton, Canada

#435398 Apr 25, 2013
Christ … the “sun” of righteousness.

The Progress of the Intellect: As Exemplified in the Religious Development of the Greeks and Hebrew, Volumes 1-2, by Robert William Mackay.

It was probably from ancient association and custom that Jewish and early Christian writers were led to look on the worship of the sun and the elements with comparative indulgence.

Christianity itself had adopted emblems and observances which caused it to be regarded by many as a mere form of sun worship. Christ was the “sun of righteousness” prophesied by Malachi, the “light of the world, the “day spring from on high.

Albuquerque, NM

#435399 Apr 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
good grief.....you're not referring to those blasphemous mystic writings of tommy-boy & jumpin-judas again are you?:(
Yes - additional teachings by Jesus you don't follow, use, utilize, believe, etc.

BTW - where did you get that they are blasphemous? Do you have a statement by "God" specifically stating such an unfounded claim?

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#435400 Apr 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - saying things against texts are not blasphemous according to Jesus:

(44) Jesus says:

(1) "Whoever blasphemes against the Father, it will be forgiven him.
(2) And whoever blasphemes against the Son, it will be forgiven him.
(3) But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither on earth nor in heaven."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#435401 Apr 25, 2013
One more thing Dan, the Holy Spirit is not leaving you to grope around in the dark. That little voice in the back of your head telling you the Catholic Church may be right isn't just your imagination, He may have led you to this forum for a reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 5 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Jesus saves 8,717
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web