Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
419,621 - 419,640 of 538,356 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Saliva

The miracles of both Jesus and Mohammed, curing the blind with saliva, were nothing new. Long before Jesus’ time, a clay tablet from Nineveh stated that blindness could be cured by a mixture of saliva and milk from one of the holy harlots in the temple.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity is another way of insulting those you believe are evil, as you stand on your holy pulpit and preach hollow words from your self-impressive godly position.
Silly people!
I never sad you were evil. I said you were old.

I pity you because you are alone with nothing else to do with your day.

I'm a sinner just like you are. The difference is, I know I am and you don't. Have a great day!
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.
Saliva
The miracles of both Jesus and Mohammed, curing the blind with saliva, were nothing new. Long before Jesus’ time, a clay tablet from Nineveh stated that blindness could be cured by a mixture of saliva and milk from one of the holy harlots in the temple.
Ok...thanks

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

At one time, those in the Catholic church were not allowed to read anything that was not approved by the pope. Followers would be excommunicated for daring to disobey those ORDERS.

And it's my guess that if all theologians could have that power to control their flocks, they would wield it immediately.

Theologians that claim to know truth try to hide their lies in plain view ... and as history proves over and over ... they succeeded.

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never sad you were evil. I said you were old.
I pity you because you are alone with nothing else to do with your day.
I'm a sinner just like you are. The difference is, I know I am and you don't. Have a great day!
If you actually believed that you are evil, you would NOT preach words from a bible at others. You would be trying to learn how you could overcome your own evil.

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok....thanks
I also was at one time under the spell of the theologians. I thought some of them at least must have solved the mysteries.

But now I believe they hoodwinked all members of society, so that we would fight to defend the individual cults and never stop fighting.

That was their aim.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann
It’s not easy to embarrass a theologian.

It may be noted in passing that the peculiarly celibate problem of whether the nocturnal “pollutions” of priests and monks were sinful, and to what degree, kept moral theologians extremely busy. Their comments on the subject fill entire libraries.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually believed that you are evil, you would NOT preach words from a bible at others. You would be trying to learn how you could overcome your own evil.

When did I say I was evil?
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I also was at one time under the spell of the theologians. I thought some of them at least must have solved the mysteries.
But now I believe they hoodwinked all members of society, so that we would fight to defend the individual cults and never stop fighting.
That was their aim.
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.
Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.
It’s not easy to embarrass a theologian.
It may be noted in passing that the peculiarly celibate problem of whether the nocturnal “pollutions” of priests and monks were sinful, and to what degree, kept moral theologians extremely busy. Their comments on the subject fill entire libraries.
Thanks

Just a heads up Grams...I have to leave know and may not be on here again today. I actually get out once in awhile and do things outside of Topix. You should try it. Have a great day!!!

and we all get it...you don't believe in God
Human Being

Elton, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity is another way of insulting those you believe are evil, as you stand on your holy pulpit and preach hollow words from your self-impressive godly position.
Silly people!
June

It hard for some to know, and express into words the difference between pity, sympathy, and empathy.

But its always best to start with one's own faults which are hard to see, before seeing the little one's in others.

I don't think pity, automatically means one is looking down, but there is a certain implication. It may be that pity begins to stir the conscience.

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

There was and is big money to be had by preaching that one or another cult has solved the mysteries concerning what happens to human "souls" after death.

Yet not one person who has been "brain-dead" ... where the brain-cells have "completely" ceased to function ... has come back to tell of the experience.

We won't know until we die if life in another form continues, as it's not possible.

I suggest that if we stop fighting over myths and start concentrating on making the world a better place by being fair with our neighbors ... if life just happens to go on after death, we won't be penalized for doing our best to be kind.

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
It hard for some to know, and express into words the difference between pity, sympathy, and empathy.
But its always best to start with one's own faults which are hard to see, before seeing the little one's in others.
I don't think pity, automatically means one is looking down, but there is a certain implication. It may be that pity begins to stir the conscience.
Resorting to pity when others are having problems such as health problems is very different than suggesting that someone is lonely and that is why that person spends so much time on a forum.

You know that, and I know that, so let's not play games.

I spend hours each day on threads of these forums because I was once under the spell of religion and am now free of such mental debris.

For those who are still bogged down in religion, I share my story of leaving religion behind and how that load was lifted off of me.

If the ones in religion don't want to leave, they won't and that is their right ... but I will do all in my power to give them the concept that they need not fear being penalized if they do decide to leave and join those of us who feel whole and at peace without the blight of religion bugging our psyches day in and day out.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not funny that the theologians protected their selves from seeing that they were teaching lies in the quise of truth.
That is a curious statement coming from someone who doesn't even believe in truth.
Human Being

Elton, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Resorting to pity when others are having problems such as health problems is very different than suggesting that someone is lonely and that is why that person spends so much time on a forum.
You know that, and I know that, so let's not play games.
I spend hours each day on threads of these forums because I was once under the spell of religion and am now free of such mental debris.
For those who are still bogged down in religion, I share my story of leaving religion behind and how that load was lifted off of me.
If the ones in religion don't want to leave, they won't and that is their right ... but I will do all in my power to give them the concept that they need not fear being penalized if they do decide to leave and join those of us who feel whole and at peace without the blight of religion bugging our psyches day in and day out.
June

I am glad for you being at peace.

So many of us are caught between truth and half-truths, and sorting them out, and believing having done so, have then grasped some ultimate truth.

And some may achieve finding greater truths.

I think it is not so much religion that is the problem, but the shortness of humanity living up to the virtues of religion, which drives them to do desperate things.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly people!
The Silly person is the one that refuses God's free gift of SALVATION...

ACTUALLY IT IS INSANITY...TO REFUSE THE OFFER THAT GOD HAS MADE AND PAID FOR HIM SELF.

I guess if it cost you an arm and a leg you would buy it....

It's just that your pride will not allow you to take hold of such an

offer that cost you nothing.

Question..

IF GOD DOES NOT EXIST ...WHY DO YOU FIGHT SO HARD AGAINST HIM.

WHY DO YOU RESIST ( what you claim to be) A NON EXISTENT ENTITY...

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH GOD...WHY DON'T YOU TAKE IT UP WITH HIM ...INSTEAD OF GOSSIPING ABOUT HIM AND ATTEMPTING TO ATTACK THOSE THAT DO..

You are the one that is acting the fool...before all..Christians

and accomplishing nothing...

Like the woman in Maine.... that got stuck in the snow and spun her tires till they wore out and were destroyed...

~~~~~~

Psa_53:1 A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't trust me to know truth, and so it follows that I sure wouldn't trust you to know truth either.
I sugggest you study the meaning of the word "god" in another context.
From the book “Devious Derivations”… Popular Misconceptions and More than 1000 true origins of Common Word and Phrases … by Hugh Rawson.
god.
It should be of passing interest to women readers especially to know that god originally was of neuter gender, as in the Middle High German abgott, idol. The word became masculine following the conversion of the German tribes to Christianity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
umm....thanks, but no thanks:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
So if exorcisms are necessary for members of Christian congregations ... who would trust that churches are safe havens?
I've never heard of an Atheist being exorcised for demons.
I have however heard of Atheists having mental problems, as do all people in or out of religion.
i don't agree with exercising demons. i agree to keep them flabby and out-of-shape cuz they're easier to cast out that way;)
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, Now that IS funny.

You can't stop talking about religion, it's a form of OCD for you. For someone who's compelled to post about it every two minutes on average, it's evident you're far from "free".

You should join a church. The preacher will come visit you. People will bring you casseroles and home baked cakes and things. They'll take you on outings to the dollar store. It'll be fun, you'll enjoy it. Give it a whirl!

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

I am thankful that when I was under the spell of religion I never used words from a bible to preach at others ... period.

I am thankful that I never used words from a bible to belittle the self-worth of homosexuals, but rather that I did all in my power to fight for gay rights.

I am thankful that I never used words from a bible to harshly judge women who had abortions, but rather studied real-life experiences of the women in the quest to understand the many reasons they do have abortions.

I am thankful that I now believe that we are all whole just as we are and that there is no need to go searching a supposed spirit realm for the better part of ourselves.

I am thankful for many things, but I am not, nor do I pretend to be thankful for all the suffering concerning human and non-human forms of life.

Why suffering exists is a mystery to me ... but I don't believe that a creator ever had a part in such a wretched plan.

I believe there simply has to be an explanation that makes sense, and I suggest it's best to wait.

Maybe we will one day know the answers, and maybe not.

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm....thanks, but no thanks:)
You're welcome, and I wish you the best in your journey.

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I am glad for you being at peace.
So many of us are caught between truth and half-truths, and sorting them out, and believing having done so, have then grasped some ultimate truth.
And some may achieve finding greater truths.
I think it is not so much religion that is the problem, but the shortness of humanity living up to the virtues of religion, which drives them to do desperate things.
What greater truth can there be than to be humble in the idea of not knowing supposed greater truths?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••