Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
419,601 - 419,620 of 532,920 Comments Last updated 28 min ago
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It is evident that I am in contact with an expert on the subject.
Please list ten (10) distorted, deceiving lies, about what the Catholic Church teaches that we "bible only" so-called Christians (to use your erroneous wording)lie about.
Please list ten lies, heresy, hostility and vindictive hate
that we for over 2000 years, have spread against the historically and biblically PROVEN TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church ((to use your words).
Lets begin (1) with your own words: 1. Catholic tradition "trumping the bible" 2. Catholics worship idols 3. Catholics worship Mary 4. The Eucharist is not the true body and blood of Christ 5. Catholics don't preach, follow or proclaim Jesus Christ a Lord and Savior 6. Catholics aren't Christian 7. Catholics believe in "works only" 8. The Pope interprets the bible for Catholics 9. Catholics are told not to read or interpret the bible 10.Catholics don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ----"these 10 are just for starters Ox!!! Want more??? Just ask me, an ex-Protestant who came into "true Salvation", the "fullness of the faith" and the "fullness of the truth" in Jesus Christ---in and through HIS One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!---the bride of Christ!!!!
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Religion - A Delusion" Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear...
There is only one way for Jesus to prove that he rose from the dead. He had to appear to people. Several different places in the Bible describe Jesus' appearances after his death:
Matthew chapter 28
Mark chapter 16
Luke chapter 24
John Chapter 20 and 21
1 Corinthians 15:3-6 provides a nice summary of those passages, as written by Paul.
Obviously Paul benefitted from a personal meeting with the resurrected Christ. Because of the personal visit, Paul could see for himself the truth of the resurrection, and he could ask Jesus questions.
So... Why doesn't Jesus appear to everyone and prove that he is resurrected, just like he appeared to Paul?
Why did Jesus stop making these appearances?
We know that it is OK for Jesus to appear to people -- it does not take away their free will, for example -- because it was OK for Jesus to appear to hundreds of other people in the Bible.
Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear.
What do you think would happen?
You are reading the wrong papers. Jesus is appearing to many in other countries, especially. Islamic people are being converted after seeing Jesus in dreams and visions.
Americans aren't looking for Him, so they don't often see Him. They consider themselves too smart to believe in One they cannot 'see'.
If you ask Him sincerely, you will find Him. If you ask mockingly to prove that He is not, then you cannot see Him. He doesn't play games with scoffers.
KayMarie
He won't appears to unbelievers? You made that up.

It sounds like an imaginary god -- you have to make it up as you go.

Again, Jesus often appeared to unbelievers in the Bible.

Paul for example.

Your excuse is contrived and doesn't fit the story.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

This board needs unity.

God doesn't want us to argue, right?

Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear...

There used to be one way for Jesus to prove that he rose from the dead. He used to appear to people. Several different places in the Bible describe Jesus' appearances after his death:

Matthew chapter 28
Mark chapter 16
Luke chapter 24
John Chapter 20 and 21

1 Corinthians 15:3-6 provides a nice summary of those passages, as written by Paul.

Obviously Paul benefitted from a personal meeting with the resurrected Christ. Because of the personal visit, Paul could see for himself the truth of the resurrection, and he could ask Jesus questions.

So...

Why did Jesus stop making these appearances?

We know that it is OK for Jesus to appear to people -- it does not take away their free will, for example -- because it was OK for Jesus to appear to hundreds of other people in the Bible.

Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear.

What do you think would happen?

I do, because I am a great seer.

Nothing will happen -- because all gods throughout history have proven to be imaginary.

Not just Jesus -- but 100% of all gods = imaginary.

That why no one can agree here.

That's why there have been so many religious wars.

So let's all pray together and maybe Jesus will prove me wrong? lol
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Jesus in the Bible knew that people needed to see it to believe it.

So he appeared often after he rose.

Matthew chapter 28
Mark chapter 16
Luke chapter 24
John Chapter 20 and 21
Corinthians 15:3-6

But everyone here knows not to waste their time.

Everyone knows my request is silly.

Why?
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets begin (1) with your own words: 1. Catholic tradition "trumping the bible" 2. Catholics worship idols 3. Catholics worship Mary 4. The Eucharist is not the true body and blood of Christ 5. Catholics don't preach, follow or proclaim Jesus Christ a Lord and Savior 6. Catholics aren't Christian 7. Catholics believe in "works only" 8. The Pope interprets the bible for Catholics 9. Catholics are told not to read or interpret the bible 10.Catholics don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ----"these 10 are just for starters Ox!!! Want more??? Just ask me, an ex-Protestant who came into "true Salvation", the "fullness of the faith" and the "fullness of the truth" in Jesus Christ---in and through HIS One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!---the bride of Christ!!!!
In what respects is Mary NOT a goddess?

Even the new Pope said one of the first things he would do is to "pray to Mary."

His exact words.

Is the Ope confused? Of course not.

You deny Mary.

Shameful. In what way is Mary NOT a goddess?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Mary

One of the symbols of the Virgin Mary reveals the reason that four-leaf clover design in Mary’s sign develops from a Maltese cross, and also includes symbols of the night and day (or dark and full moons) while it points to the four directions. 1 As a pagan design, which it used to be, this probably referred to the four solar turning-points of the year and the nocturnal “eves” when their celebrations were held.

Pagan symbols often became “lucky” in a nonpagan society that refused to recognize their original sense, just as the Goddess Fortuna became Lady Luck, and a rabbit’s foot became a charm instead of a sacred talisman of the Moon-hare. The basic paganism of Mary as a composite of the ancient Goddess images led church fathers to oppose her worship most bitterly in the early centuries, and to declare heretical those who claimed she was truly divine. 2 Anastasius insisted that she must never be called Mother of God, for “it is impossible that God should be born of a woman.” 3 Nevertheless, people went right on calling her Mother of God. Eventually, realizing her powerful hold on the masses, churchmen themselves adopted all manner of extravagant praises of the ancient Goddess, newly applied to Mary. She was declared “queen of heaven, empress of hell, lady of all the world.” 4 The Office of the Virgin even made her the world’s primal being,“created from the beginning and before the centuries.” 5

Therefore it was perhaps not so strange that Mary should be symbolized by a sign of the old Goddess who established four elements and the four directions at the same time that she gave birth to the gods.

1. Lechner,108.
2. Briffault 3, 183.
3. de Riencourt, 150
4. Scot, 348.
5. Male, 238.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And what did Christ do with those keys?
What did Peter do with those keys?
Well, lets just say Pope Francis, the 266th Bishop of Rome has them now.
Revelation 3:7 "To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

Doesn't sound like your Pope is holding the key to me.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't appears to unbelievers? You made that up.
It sounds like an imaginary god -- you have to make it up as you go.
Again, Jesus often appeared to unbelievers in the Bible.
Paul for example.
Your excuse is contrived and doesn't fit the story.
Jesus won't appear to non-believers, just as his father wouldn't appear to non-believers ... because myths can't appear to people who don't believe in myths.

Those suffering from the DTs see snakes and bugs crawling everywhere ... but others not suffering from withdrawal of alcohol can't see those critters.

If people are going to entertain fantasies of divine or evil beings as the real deal ... they may be in for the mental rides of their lives.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
June VanSnarly quotes my post thusly:
God uses holy people as channels of His grace to others.
I won't believe a god appeared to inform you that you are holy.

Even theology will only stretch so far before it snaps.

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 3:7 "To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.
Doesn't sound like your Pope is holding the key to me.
The only keys held by a pope or any other theological authors of lies, were the keys that opened to where their real treasures were kept, such as diamonds, gold, silver, and stack upon stacks of money.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Gosh ... some of these people become nasty when I suggest that no god exists to tell them that they are holy.

Yet they don't mind informing me that the same god will punish me as an evil sinner and that I deserve to only drive a black bus ... of all things.

Why such a god would give favor to those who favor their selves to such a high degree of holiness, is beyond me. It seems the god prefers to favor extremely arrogant humans.

That's the thanks I get for believing that humans are of no more value than swamp rats, and are not as wise either.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

My guess is that the term "They sure think their shit doesn't stink" came from those in religion believing they were HOLY.

That word holy smacks of arrogance ... but the people that use it to speak of their selves don't see it that way.

So caught in the idea that they are servants of the head-haunch of the universe, they turn their selves into the image of the head-haunch that they worship, which really is all about their-selves.

When a person believes that he/she is holy, the ego is so full of itself, all other views are blocked by the inflated ego.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Gosh ... some of these people become nasty when I suggest that no god exists to tell them that they are holy.
Yet they don't mind informing me that the same god will punish me as an evil sinner and that I deserve to only drive a black bus ... of all things.
Why such a god would give favor to those who favor their selves to such a high degree of holiness, is beyond me. It seems the god prefers to favor extremely arrogant humans.
That's the thanks I get for believing that humans are of no more value than swamp rats, and are not as wise either.
I don't get mad at your Grams. I understand you are up in years, live alone, and you have nothing better to do but spend your day on a public forum telling folks you don't believe in God. We get it....you don't believe in God. Have a great day!!
The casual observer

Cosby, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Divide longer posts. Generate more output.
Go for third place.

You can do it!
The casual observer

Cosby, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Drive that post count up!
The casual observer

Cosby, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

See how easy it is!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

People interpret words written by ancient ignorant men for ONE reason. You were taught that those words were all about solved mysteries, and that if you study the words, you will become holy and filled with the same knowledge.

It was a trick used by theologians of ALL religions to entice you and hypnotize you to the idea that THEY knew the answers.

They taught you to defend their own cults and hate the words taught by theologians in other cults.

The term is "divide and conquer."

They wanted you to take sides ... always their own sides. And their schemes worked for them ... but not for the betterment of society.

When you deflate your egos and allow that word holy to travel into thin air from where it originated, you will stop fighting over whose myths are real and whose are false.

Until then ... you will keep on defending lies, as the theologians expected of you, and they won't be disappointed.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get mad at your Grams. I understand you are up in years, live alone, and you have nothing better to do but spend your day on a public forum telling folks you don't believe in God. We get it....you don't believe in God. Have a great day!!
Pity is another way of insulting those you believe are evil, as you stand on your holy pulpit and preach hollow words from your self-impressive godly position.

Silly people!

Since: Apr 13

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

All religion does is divide ppl.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
People interpret words written by ancient ignorant men for ONE reason. You were taught that those words were all about solved mysteries, and that if you study the words, you will become holy and filled with the same knowledge.
It was a trick used by theologians of ALL religions to entice you and hypnotize you to the idea that THEY knew the answers.
They taught you to defend their own cults and hate the words taught by theologians in other cults.
The term is "divide and conquer."
They wanted you to take sides ... always their own sides. And their schemes worked for them ... but not for the betterment of society.
When you deflate your egos and allow that word holy to travel into thin air from where it originated, you will stop fighting over whose myths are real and whose are false.
Until then ... you will keep on defending lies, as the theologians expected of you, and they won't be disappointed.
Ok....thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Ecko 8,180
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Sat Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••