Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670351 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#435539 Apr 26, 2013
How the Catholic hierarchy could canonize Joan of Arc as a saint after their previous murdering pope ordered her to be burned at the stake ... makes it very plain that neither of those popes were guided by any divine creator.

If you don't see the lies ... you don't want to see.

It's as simple as THAT!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#435540 Apr 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no "lies" in the Word of God??---The lies ONLY come from protestant "bible only buffoons" who misinterpret it, misrepresent it and misuse it, by "sprewing" their anti-catholic heretical "lies", deceiving others as they deceive themselves---by distorting the TRUTH!!!
SINCE WHAT YOU HOLD TO BE THE GOSPEL IS NOT WRITTEN ....

IN THE WORD OF GOD..IT HAS NO POWER TO MOVE THE ENEMY...OR OVERCOME HIM...

With out the authority of the NAME OF JESUS...The devil will just laugh in your face..

AND THE DEVIL EVIDENTLY IS HAVING A PARTY WITH YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS..

~~~~

CHRIST ...LIVING WITH IN A MAN IS THAT MANS AUTHORITY AGAINST SATAN...

JESUS SAID

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for

---> without me ye can do nothing.

____

THE NAME OF MARY (NOR ANY OF THE SAINTS) HAVE ANY POWER AGAINST SATAN..

They are not included in God's plan of salvation...

ONLY JESUS IS... the SACRIFICIAL Lamb of God!

Joh_1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold

==>the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. <==

Joh_1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

WORTH IS THE LAMB

Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Quesnel, Canada

#435541 Apr 26, 2013
Poverty-stricken Catholics starved while giving their hard-earned money to support the church ... so that the popes could live the lives of kings.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

What is the most ornate of the papal treasures?

Among the papal treasures are nine tiaras. The one used for the coronation of Pope Pius X (1903—1914, which is shaped like a beehive and ornately embroidered, is decorated with 529 diamonds, 252 pearls, 32 rubies, 19 emerald, and 11 sapphires.

Quesnel, Canada

#435542 Apr 26, 2013
When I was young I read somewhere that if people come to you with words of religion telling you that they know the truth ... you best run the other way.

If only I had, I would have saved myself years of trying to figure out why all religion made absolutely no sense to me.

#435543 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
How the Catholic hierarchy could canonize Joan of Arc as a saint after their previous murdering pope ordered her to be burned at the stake ... makes it very plain that neither of those popes were guided by any divine creator.
If you don't see the lies ... you don't want to see.
It's as simple as THAT!
~~~
YOU NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH...
Just sayin

Nashville, TN

#435544 Apr 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "so-called editorialized truth" is just another one of the 42,000 Protestant contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting bible only "hodge-podge" of "Relative Truth's" (what each person decides for themselves) is true!......... It is called "mass confusion"!....... The difference is that, I/we, as Catholics have the TRUTH of the (Mass)!!---and you bible only "heretical Protestants" have the (confusion)
Well said. If they believe the Holy Spirit leads them into all truth, then they must also believe that He has multiple personality disorder.

Quesnel, Canada

#435545 Apr 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
With out the authority of the NAME OF JESUS...The devil will just laugh in your face..
Such fear-filled nonsense makes these vultures very wealthy indeed, as they claim to exorcise demons.

Quesnel, Canada

#435546 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH...
They did! One pope preached that Joan of Arc was a heretic, and the other pope preached she was a saint.

And both popes USED words from the same bible.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435547 Apr 26, 2013
Every spirit is not holy.

Holy Spirit know who is wicket who is not..who set up and how..now judge me ones more.

#435548 Apr 26, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. If they believe the Holy Spirit leads them into all truth, then they must also believe that He has multiple personality disorder.
~~~~

Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

Pro_12:13 The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.
Just sayin

Nashville, TN

#435549 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
SINCE WHAT YOU HOLD TO BE THE GOSPEL IS NOT WRITTEN ....
IN THE WORD OF GOD..IT HAS NO POWER TO MOVE THE ENEMY...OR OVERCOME HIM...
AND THE DEVIL EVIDENTLY IS HAVING A PARTY WITH YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS..
~~~~
CHRIST ...LIVING WITH IN A MAN IS THAT MANS AUTHORITY AGAINST SATAN...
JESUS SAID
Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for
---> without me ye can do nothing.
____
THE NAME OF MARY (NOR ANY OF THE SAINTS) HAVE ANY POWER AGAINST SATAN..
They are not included in God's plan of salvation...
ONLY JESUS IS... the SACRIFICIAL Lamb of God!
Joh_1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold
==>the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. <==
Joh_1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!
WORTH IS THE LAMB
Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Rev 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
Mary, the mother of God, the woman who concieved Him, bore Him, raised Him and taught Him the Jewish faith, was not included in God's plan of salvation?

Really?

#435550 Apr 26, 2013
who="hojo"
There are no "lies" in the Word of God??---The lies ONLY come from protestant "bible only buffoons" who misinterpret it, misrepresent it and misuse it, by "sprewing" their anti-catholic heretical "lies", deceiving others as they deceive themselves---by distorting the TRUTH!!!

You should repent of your Protestant hypocrisy, rather than accusing everyone else. Just think of all those years you wasted. Changing over the the CC just makes you a CC hypocrite.

Protestants I know are not so hypocritical.

Try Jesus. He can give you a new outlook.

KayMarie

Quesnel, Canada

#435551 Apr 26, 2013
My guess is that when Joan of Arc was finally canonized as a saint, the ones at the ceremony were brought to tears that she would finally reap her heavenly rewards.

The fact that according to their own theology, she had been burning in hell for centuries, sent there as a heretic by "god" probably didn't enter their minds, so hypnotised were they that all was now well established in heaven.

Chances are better than not, there is no cure for such human stupidity.

Quesnel, Canada

#435552 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
Pro_12:13 The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.
You continually cherry-pick scriptures that you are certain puts you high up on a pedestal as a teller of absolute truth. You use scriptures to indicate that Catholics are liars and YOU ... "wonderful, WISE you ... tell the truth and nothing but "GOD'S" truth.

You are a fool caught up in the web of your own arrogant folly.

#435553 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They did! One pope preached that Joan of Arc was a heretic, and the other pope preached she was a saint.
And both popes USED words from the same bible.
THEY DO NOT USE THE BIBLE to govern their actions...

They thumb their noses at the word of God...

the have their own book call the Catechism that they govern themselves by ...

As the Mormons have the own book and the J.W's have theirs...

They are powerless...Yet they claim to represent God upon the earth...

If their Power was dynamite they would not have enough to blow their noses.

All they have is rituals... religiosity rhetoric (assumed) ruler ship and ruin..

THEIR IDOLATRY HAS SPAWNED...THESE SINS...

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

ACROSS THE EARTH

Quesnel, Canada

#435554 Apr 26, 2013
Protestants I know are not so hypocritical.
Billy Graham is a Protestant who at one time preached that only Christians could go to "heaven."

Now he preaches that people don't have to be Christian to go to heaven.

Surely you can see that he hasn't a clue, yet pretends he has answers.

Silly people.

Quesnel, Canada

#435555 Apr 26, 2013
Charles Templeton was a famous evangelist who was equally as popular as Billy Graham, but who could no longer abide with his own preaching, and therefore quit the ministry. He and Billy had been the best of friends when Charles was an evangelist. Following is their discussion taken from Charles Templeton's diary.

Our backgrounds were radically different. Billy was a country boy, raised on a farm in the American South in a deeply religious household. He had been converted and called to the ministry in his teens and had studied in fundamentalist schools; at Bob Jones College and at Wheaton, where he had earned a B. A. in anthropology. All our differences came to a head in a discussion which, better than anything I know, "explains" Billy Graham.

I had said. "But Billy, it's not possible any longer to believe the biblical account of creation. The world wasn't created; it has evolved over millions of years. It's not a matter of speculation, it's demonstrable fact."

"I don't accept that," he said, "And there are reputable scholars who don't."

"Who are they?" I said. "Men in conservative Christian colleges?"

"Most of them, yes. But that's not the point. I believe in the Genesis account of creation simply because it's in the Bible. I've discovered something in my ministry: when I take the Bible literally, when I proclaim it as God's Word, I have power. When I stand before the people and say,'God says,' or 'The Bible says,'the Holy Spirit uses me. There are results. People respond. Wiser men than you or I have been arguing questions like this for centuries. I don't have the time or the intellect to examine all sides of each theological dispute, so I've decided, once and for all, to stop questioning and to accept the Bible as God's Word."

"But Billy," I protested, "you can't do that. You don't dare stop thinking. Do it and you begin to die. It's intellectual suicide."

"I don't know about anybody else, "he said, "but I've decided that that's the path for me."

Quesnel, Canada

#435556 Apr 26, 2013
People who quote scripture get a huge rush of power that otherwise is absent.

That ought to put up red flags in those who hold those bibles warning that the adrenaline-rush is nothing more than the belief that a god is moving "mountains" through the preacher of the words.

Silly stuff indeed ... but it hooks those with low self esteem, just as moths draw to flames.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435557 Apr 26, 2013
wisdom never past truth..
for wisdom even silver is mud..
nezaboravi covjece
da si od daha i praha..
by

Quesnel, Canada

#435558 Apr 26, 2013
A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Tibetan Religions

The mountains are assimilated to the ladder or the mu rope of the first ancestor who descended to earth. The royal tombs are called “mountains.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) 18 hr WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web