Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590579 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

The casual observer

Niota, TN

#435314 Apr 25, 2013
Divide longer posts. Generate more output.
Go for third place.

You can do it!
The casual observer

Niota, TN

#435315 Apr 25, 2013
Drive that post count up!
The casual observer

Niota, TN

#435316 Apr 25, 2013
See how easy it is!

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#435317 Apr 25, 2013
People interpret words written by ancient ignorant men for ONE reason. You were taught that those words were all about solved mysteries, and that if you study the words, you will become holy and filled with the same knowledge.

It was a trick used by theologians of ALL religions to entice you and hypnotize you to the idea that THEY knew the answers.

They taught you to defend their own cults and hate the words taught by theologians in other cults.

The term is "divide and conquer."

They wanted you to take sides ... always their own sides. And their schemes worked for them ... but not for the betterment of society.

When you deflate your egos and allow that word holy to travel into thin air from where it originated, you will stop fighting over whose myths are real and whose are false.

Until then ... you will keep on defending lies, as the theologians expected of you, and they won't be disappointed.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435318 Apr 25, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get mad at your Grams. I understand you are up in years, live alone, and you have nothing better to do but spend your day on a public forum telling folks you don't believe in God. We get it....you don't believe in God. Have a great day!!
Pity is another way of insulting those you believe are evil, as you stand on your holy pulpit and preach hollow words from your self-impressive godly position.

Silly people!

Since: Apr 13

Goleta, CA

#435319 Apr 25, 2013
All religion does is divide ppl.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#435320 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
People interpret words written by ancient ignorant men for ONE reason. You were taught that those words were all about solved mysteries, and that if you study the words, you will become holy and filled with the same knowledge.
It was a trick used by theologians of ALL religions to entice you and hypnotize you to the idea that THEY knew the answers.
They taught you to defend their own cults and hate the words taught by theologians in other cults.
The term is "divide and conquer."
They wanted you to take sides ... always their own sides. And their schemes worked for them ... but not for the betterment of society.
When you deflate your egos and allow that word holy to travel into thin air from where it originated, you will stop fighting over whose myths are real and whose are false.
Until then ... you will keep on defending lies, as the theologians expected of you, and they won't be disappointed.
Ok....thanks

New Hazelton, Canada

#435321 Apr 25, 2013
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Saliva

The miracles of both Jesus and Mohammed, curing the blind with saliva, were nothing new. Long before Jesus’ time, a clay tablet from Nineveh stated that blindness could be cured by a mixture of saliva and milk from one of the holy harlots in the temple.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#435322 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity is another way of insulting those you believe are evil, as you stand on your holy pulpit and preach hollow words from your self-impressive godly position.
Silly people!
I never sad you were evil. I said you were old.

I pity you because you are alone with nothing else to do with your day.

I'm a sinner just like you are. The difference is, I know I am and you don't. Have a great day!
chuck

Dublin, OH

#435323 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.
Saliva
The miracles of both Jesus and Mohammed, curing the blind with saliva, were nothing new. Long before Jesus’ time, a clay tablet from Nineveh stated that blindness could be cured by a mixture of saliva and milk from one of the holy harlots in the temple.
Ok...thanks

New Hazelton, Canada

#435324 Apr 25, 2013
At one time, those in the Catholic church were not allowed to read anything that was not approved by the pope. Followers would be excommunicated for daring to disobey those ORDERS.

And it's my guess that if all theologians could have that power to control their flocks, they would wield it immediately.

Theologians that claim to know truth try to hide their lies in plain view ... and as history proves over and over ... they succeeded.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435325 Apr 25, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never sad you were evil. I said you were old.
I pity you because you are alone with nothing else to do with your day.
I'm a sinner just like you are. The difference is, I know I am and you don't. Have a great day!
If you actually believed that you are evil, you would NOT preach words from a bible at others. You would be trying to learn how you could overcome your own evil.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435326 Apr 25, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok....thanks
I also was at one time under the spell of the theologians. I thought some of them at least must have solved the mysteries.

But now I believe they hoodwinked all members of society, so that we would fight to defend the individual cults and never stop fighting.

That was their aim.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann
It’s not easy to embarrass a theologian.

It may be noted in passing that the peculiarly celibate problem of whether the nocturnal “pollutions” of priests and monks were sinful, and to what degree, kept moral theologians extremely busy. Their comments on the subject fill entire libraries.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#435327 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually believed that you are evil, you would NOT preach words from a bible at others. You would be trying to learn how you could overcome your own evil.

When did I say I was evil?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#435328 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I also was at one time under the spell of the theologians. I thought some of them at least must have solved the mysteries.
But now I believe they hoodwinked all members of society, so that we would fight to defend the individual cults and never stop fighting.
That was their aim.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.
Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.
It’s not easy to embarrass a theologian.
It may be noted in passing that the peculiarly celibate problem of whether the nocturnal “pollutions” of priests and monks were sinful, and to what degree, kept moral theologians extremely busy. Their comments on the subject fill entire libraries.
Thanks

Just a heads up Grams...I have to leave know and may not be on here again today. I actually get out once in awhile and do things outside of Topix. You should try it. Have a great day!!!

and we all get it...you don't believe in God
Human Being

Elton, LA

#435329 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly people!
June

It hard for some to know, and express into words the difference between pity, sympathy, and empathy.

But its always best to start with one's own faults which are hard to see, before seeing the little one's in others.

I don't think pity, automatically means one is looking down, but there is a certain implication. It may be that pity begins to stir the conscience.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435330 Apr 25, 2013
There was and is big money to be had by preaching that one or another cult has solved the mysteries concerning what happens to human "souls" after death.

Yet not one person who has been "brain-dead" ... where the brain-cells have "completely" ceased to function ... has come back to tell of the experience.

We won't know until we die if life in another form continues, as it's not possible.

I suggest that if we stop fighting over myths and start concentrating on making the world a better place by being fair with our neighbors ... if life just happens to go on after death, we won't be penalized for doing our best to be kind.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435331 Apr 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
It hard for some to know, and express into words the difference between pity, sympathy, and empathy.
But its always best to start with one's own faults which are hard to see, before seeing the little one's in others.
I don't think pity, automatically means one is looking down, but there is a certain implication. It may be that pity begins to stir the conscience.
Resorting to pity when others are having problems such as health problems is very different than suggesting that someone is lonely and that is why that person spends so much time on a forum.

You know that, and I know that, so let's not play games.

I spend hours each day on threads of these forums because I was once under the spell of religion and am now free of such mental debris.

For those who are still bogged down in religion, I share my story of leaving religion behind and how that load was lifted off of me.

If the ones in religion don't want to leave, they won't and that is their right ... but I will do all in my power to give them the concept that they need not fear being penalized if they do decide to leave and join those of us who feel whole and at peace without the blight of religion bugging our psyches day in and day out.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#435332 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not funny that the theologians protected their selves from seeing that they were teaching lies in the quise of truth.
That is a curious statement coming from someone who doesn't even believe in truth.
Human Being

Elton, LA

#435333 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Resorting to pity when others are having problems such as health problems is very different than suggesting that someone is lonely and that is why that person spends so much time on a forum.
You know that, and I know that, so let's not play games.
I spend hours each day on threads of these forums because I was once under the spell of religion and am now free of such mental debris.
For those who are still bogged down in religion, I share my story of leaving religion behind and how that load was lifted off of me.
If the ones in religion don't want to leave, they won't and that is their right ... but I will do all in my power to give them the concept that they need not fear being penalized if they do decide to leave and join those of us who feel whole and at peace without the blight of religion bugging our psyches day in and day out.
June

I am glad for you being at peace.

So many of us are caught between truth and half-truths, and sorting them out, and believing having done so, have then grasped some ultimate truth.

And some may achieve finding greater truths.

I think it is not so much religion that is the problem, but the shortness of humanity living up to the virtues of religion, which drives them to do desperate things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) 5 hr Salvation is of t... 6
News Pope Francis: Marriage is 'alliance for life' 7 hr ELIAS IBARRA 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Mr Sir 9,403
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 21 hr Imprtnrd 6
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
More from around the web