Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,413
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435006 Apr 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
We all agree the pope in not god or his representative.
outrageous claims by the pope in Rome
www.lightministries.com/id523.htm
"There is No Salvation Without Personal Submission to the Pope."

Yes this is absurd. At least 95% of the world's religious dogma is absurd.

All except for mine: http://www.venganza.org/

He boiled for your sins.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#435007 Apr 23, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you come up with Karl Marx?
I get it! All agnostics are communists. You have to keep the delusion simple, so a few simple labels for everyone.
You keep forgetting one fact.
We agree on 95% of the world's religious dogma. We agree that all the ancient gods were imaginary. We agree that Allah is imaginary. We agree that the Catholic claim of one-true is absurd.
We agree on all but our own ideas of God.
But I have proof -- real sightings and photos of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
http://www.venganza.org/category/sightings/
Photos can be faked. Next
Clay

United States

#435008 Apr 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not notice that every group of Catholic protestors through all the centuries that disagreed with the popes were put to death for not agreeing with the popes on the meanings of dogma ... that they all gleaned from the same book?
That's not true June. If you are convinced it is, do you have any NORMAL historical links?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#435009 Apr 23, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Supreme Papal Authority Comes From the Law of the Caesars
http://www.lightministries.com/id523.htm
"...superior papal authority and dominion is derived from the law of the Caesars." Lucius Ferraris, in "Prompta Bibliotheca Canonica, Juridica, Moralis, Theologica, Ascetica, Polemica, Rubristica, Historica", Volume V, article on "Papa, Article II", titled "Concerning the extent of Papal dignity, authority, or dominion and infallibility",#19, published in Petit-Montrouge (Paris) by J. P. Migne, 1858 edition.
"...the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who being God, cannot be judged by man." Pope Nicholas I, quoted in History of the Councils, vol. IX, Dist.: 96, Can 7, "Satis Evidentur Decret Gratian Primer Para", by Labbe and Cossart.
As we all know, the RCC is of pagan Rome origins: nomne other.
But of course, we will have the papists deny the truth of this and simply dismiss it as "anti-catholic".
LOL...SDA propoganda site that rivals ahminutjob in Iran for nonsense. Then again Jack chick invented some people who never existed and there is Mary Ann Colins the Nun who never existed. You guys believe any piece of trash written. Everything on the internet is true too. "All 7th Day Inventists are wack jobs." Ellen G White National Enquirer 33 AD lol

http://catholicpoint.blogspot.com/2012/10/pop...

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#435010 Apr 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
alL billy was trying to say is that even a June VanDerMark can be saved if they'd just humble themselves/repent and believe that JESUS IS GOD!:)
That was his old-hat story. He now claims that people don't have to believe in Jesus to be saved.

He's a man of many hats, and changes them at will ... just as did and do all theologians when the mood strikes them.
Clay

United States

#435011 Apr 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Super. Well, Catholics agree the Pope is not God either.. so I'm not sure why you said that.
Do yourself a favor. Read Isaiah 22 (note the Keys)
Read Matthew 17-19 (note the Keys)
Then read the entire Book of Acts.
Hopefully you can see that Peter was at least, the vicar of Christ
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#435012 Apr 23, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Has the question never entered your mind?
Why did God have to beg the question?
These people youy say He should have consulted: you mean Adam and Eve? Why not? God knew they were curious. Why were the allowed to be tempted by a snake? If Adam and Eve were not vegetarian, they might have thrown away the apple and eaten the snake!
That would have saved the entire human race!
Has that ever been considered?
I'll give you this, it would make a good PETA ad.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435013 Apr 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pagan myths of 'science' is the crux of the matter, then used to brainwash you into disbelief. Real science confirms the Bible 100%.
So you mean such as the scientists in the vatican, that would be kicked out post-haste if they even suggested that the universe was not created by the pope's flavor of a god???

If those scientists mentioned that Allah created the universe, my guess is, that would put your ire to the test.

:)

New Hazelton, Canada

#435014 Apr 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Jews understood the OT prophecies of the coming Messiah and did become Christian. That some failed in this is their own problem and will not change what has happened with fulfilled messianic prophecy.
The term Messianic prophecy to the Jews did not mean what it did to the Catholic ex-Jews. You have been mislead.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Messiah

The term messiah comes from the Hebrew meshiach, meaning "anointed one." In the Old Testament it was used of historical personages such as the anointed kings and priests of Israel. During the Babylonian Captivity (587 - 540 BC), Israelite hopes for a restored monarchy and priesthood flourished. With the return of the exiles to Jerusalem and the emergence of Zerubbabel and Joshua ben Jehozadak as political ruler and high priest, respectively, these hopes were to some extent realized.

http://mb-soft.com/believe/text/messiah.htm
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435015 Apr 23, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Photos can be faked. Next
No one faked the manhole cover.

That's as much proof as I need.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#435016 Apr 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
(Isaiah 22:22)
"And I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David. He shall open and none shall shut; And he shall shut and none shall open. And I shall fasten him like a peg in a sure place and he will become a throne of honor to his fathers house."

Mathew:16:18
"and I tell you you are Peter, and on this rock i will build my Church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven; whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven"

Acts 1:15 Peter stood up and addressed them.

Acts 2:14 Peter, standing with the eleven lifted up his voice and addressed them.
Acts 2:37 Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins"

Acts 3:6 "But Peter said,'I have no silver and gold, but I'll give you what i have; in the name of Jesus Christ, rise and walk."

Acts 3:12 "and when Peter saw this, he addressed the people..."

Acts 4: 5-22 here, Peter (filled with the Holy Spirit) using his authority, scolds the elders and scribes on why they questioned his healing of the cripple beggar.

Acts 5:1-11 Here, Peter uses the keys again to 'bind' the sins of the land owner and his wife for lying to his face - which he equated to 'lying to the Holy Spirit'

Acts 9:32 Peter heals a bed ridden man.
Acts 9:36 Peter raises Tabitha from the dead.
Acts 10 Peter uses the keys of his authority to bring the first non Jew into the Church.
Acts 11 The other Apostles questioned how he could give the Gentiles the word of God. Peter explained and they obeyed.
Acts 12 Herod arrests our first Pope.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#435018 Apr 23, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
No one faked the manhole cover.
That's as much proof as I need.
Poor use of photoshop, look at the shadows.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#435019 Apr 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way Socci, I don't know if you care or not, but the front page of your link has a bunch of lies in it. I see one or two semi-factual things and the rest are flat out lies.

My guess is that you don't care. In fact, Im willing to bet you are aware of the lies, but continue forward anyway.
What does that say about you as a person? Whats that say about the stupid cultist that put that page together??

Hint: John 8:44 "you are of your father, the Devil. And your will is to do AS YOUR FATHER DESIRES. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRUTH, because there is no truth in him. When he lies he speaks according to his own nature, FOR HE IS A LIAR AND THE FATHER OF LIES"
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#435020 Apr 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Elohim is the god of the one-god dogma of the Jews.
Do you get it ... ONE GOD?
There is no theology of a god that serves Christians. That was blasphemy against the Jewish god created by ex-Jew traitor against Judaism Catholics.
If you knew the word of God you would also know that the Old tetsament is a SHADOW of the things that were to come.

Araham when he went to sacrifice Isaac and God provided a lamb with his horns caught in a thicket of thorns pointed to Christ, When Solomon rode his Mule/Donkey before King Davids subjects as heir pointed toward Christ.

You are nowhere as educated in discerment of scriptures as you think you are.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435021 Apr 23, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>Poor use of photoshop, look at the shadows.
More proof of FSM.

http://www.venganza.org/category/sightings/pa...

New Hazelton, Canada

#435022 Apr 23, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>If you knew the word of God you would also know that the Old tetsament is a SHADOW of the things that were to come.
Araham when he went to sacrifice Isaac and God provided a lamb with his horns caught in a thicket of thorns pointed to Christ, When Solomon rode his Mule/Donkey before King Davids subjects as heir pointed toward Christ.
You are nowhere as educated in discerment of scriptures as you think you are.
Would your fake-savior Jesus be a shadow of things that "didn't' come?

From the perspective of the faithful Jews, they didn't have a need of a savior. They wrote a theology that claimed they were "God's chosen few."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Messiah

The term messiah comes from the Hebrew meshiach, meaning "anointed one." In the Old Testament it was used of historical personages such as the anointed kings and priests of Israel. During the Babylonian Captivity (587 - 540 BC), Israelite hopes for a restored monarchy and priesthood flourished. With the return of the exiles to Jerusalem and the emergence of Zerubbabel and Joshua ben Jehozadak as political ruler and high priest, respectively, these hopes were to some extent realized.

http://mb-soft.com/believe/text/messiah.htm

New Hazelton, Canada

#435023 Apr 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way Socci, I don't know if you care or not, but the front page of your link has a bunch of lies in it. I see one or two semi-factual things and the rest are flat out lies.
My guess is that you don't care. In fact, Im willing to bet you are aware of the lies, but continue forward anyway.
What does that say about you as a person? Whats that say about the stupid cultist that put that page together??
Hint: John 8:44 "you are of your father, the Devil. And your will is to do AS YOUR FATHER DESIRES. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRUTH, because there is no truth in him. When he lies he speaks according to his own nature, FOR HE IS A LIAR AND THE FATHER OF LIES"
The new testament is a WASH!
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435024 Apr 23, 2013
Heretical... or the Truth....

http://www.venganza.org/2013/02/snow-evangeli...

All the snow in town melted a week ago, except here.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435025 Apr 23, 2013
God is found in the tiniest corners of nature

http://www.venganza.org/2012/09/microscopic-e...

He is with us.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435026 Apr 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The term Messianic prophecy to the Jews did not mean what it did to the Catholic ex-Jews. You have been mislead.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Messiah
The term messiah comes from the Hebrew meshiach, meaning "anointed one." In the Old Testament it was used of historical personages such as the anointed kings and priests of Israel.

In the specific messianic prophecy of Daniel 9:24-27 it was the anointed coming son of God. The Jews understood this and were counting the days. King Herod even issued a death decree for the babes of that age. It is you with no understanding. You are not a Bible teacher.

70 weeks of Daniel
www.daniels70weeks.com

The entire sacrificial system was only a type or shadow of the final sacrifice to come. At which point the Hebrew High Priesthood was to be abolished -- this is who had a problem with the messiah.

Ex Jews did not become Catholic, they became Christian or Nazarene. Catholicism of the gnostic Simon Magus was a heresy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr swedenforever 84,033
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... 4 hr Old Pom 20
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Mr Sir 9,174
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Thu ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... Thu Rockstar 14
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Apr 14 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web