Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,965)

Showing posts 419,281 - 419,300 of513,529
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

844 795
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured that if Jesus as a Jew was not welcome in Christian heaven, I shouldn't be upset either.
I've had doors slammed in my face before by those who were certain they were extra-special.
:)
So...when you say you are an atheist....you are lying....you are a fraud...you are nothing more than an old woman, who for whatever reason, has a deep hatred for Christianity and Christians...

The good news is...there is still hope that you will spend eternity in Heaven..because you refuse, as all "atheist" to slam that door shut and thereby seal your fate.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation:"
Later, it says that if one doesn't know Christ "through no fault of their own," they can be saved.
Question -- what happened to all the Protestants that the church taught for almost 400 years would surely go to Hell?
Do they get out of Hell now and just become lonely?
Your church keeps changing its perfect teachings.
Why? Because it's all imaginary and it doesn't matter. Therefore, serious theological questions such as the one above are seen as silly.
If it weren't imaginary, that would be a very serious question.
They insist on trying to manipulate an imaginary Jew to do their will.

They put so much mental prayer and investment into those beliefs that it's close to being their whole world to them, and they don't want to be let down.

It's understandable.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen a nun in years.
Why?
When out in public, many of them dress in plain clothes.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had a dollar for every time one of you fundies condemned me to hell, I could by my own building and call it a church. I could by a couple bibles and stick a cross on the outside and say im a minister. THEN, i could cast you to hell!! lol
For the record, Catholics do not 'crucify the Lord afresh with every ceremony'
Maybe you ought to learn what Catholics really believe? Did that thought ever cross your mind??
Are you afraid of learning what the Church actually believes? Or would you rather stay comfortably ignorant??
You won't be able to plug your ears and say 'la la la la la la' your whole life man.
btw - you say; "I could by my own building and call it a church. I could by a couple bibles and stick a cross on the outside and say im a minister" as if being 'ordained' through rome/vatican (the most evil, tyrannical and corrupt establishment the world has ever known) is the correct alternative to having a real church! LOL!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

the 'good' RCC boys on this thread think that they're being persecuted for defending pedophiles - it's absolutely the most absurd superstition imaginable!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
844 795
<quoted text>
So...when you say you are an atheist....you are lying....you are a fraud...you are nothing more than an old woman, who for whatever reason, has a deep hatred for Christianity and Christians...
Maybe you didn't notice that I stated I have no use for ALL religion.

It teaches people to defend their own beliefs in fantasy ... of all the ridiculous nonsense.

The history of religion amounts to nothing but lies, torture and bloodshed, and it continues today without any hesitation.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
btw - you say; "I could by my own building and call it a church. I could by a couple bibles and stick a cross on the outside and say im a minister" as if being 'ordained' through rome/vatican (the most evil, tyrannical and corrupt establishment the world has ever known) is the correct alternative to having a real church! LOL!

The Protestants also dripped with blood as Luther taught his followers that killing was necessary and just, if committed for the right reasons ... which of course were Luther's "reasons."
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that nothing would make your day more than the idea that for me daring to not have the same religious belief as you, I will be left out of your personalized image of "heaven."
I suggest that even if there was such a place as a Christian heaven, unless they first converted to Christianity, Jews would not be allowed ... so your supposed savior Jesus would be missing.
I understand that nothing would make your day more than the idea that for me daring to not have the same religious belief as you.

You are not posting your own thoughts or feelings but you are spamming everyone else and what they believe.

This religion you follow is lead by the anti-Christ he is your god.
Your serves to satan will be well recorded, and you both will be in the same lake of fire.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
the 'good' RCC boys on this thread think that they're being persecuted for defending pedophiles - it's absolutely the most absurd superstition imaginable!
AWWWW I suggest that you knock-off the pedophile insults. Protestant-churches also have their pedophile issues that pop out when least expected. Those preachers all covered up molestations, as they didn't want the HOLY name of their churches to suffer.

The Catholic church took the brunt of the pedophile scandal, but they were far from alone if the truth be known.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~
YOU CALL GOD'S WORD CRAP...???
READ THE RESULT OF THOSE THAT DISOBEYED THE OF GOD'S WORD....IN THE PAST.
~~~
Num 26:61 And Nadab and Abihu died, when they offered strange fire before the LORD.
Num 26:62 And those that were numbered of them were twenty and three thousand, all males from a month old and upward: for they were not numbered among the children of Israel, because there was no inheritance given them among the children of Israel.
Num 26:63 These are they that were numbered by Moses and Eleazar the priest, who numbered the children of Israel in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho.
Num 26:64 But among these there was not a man of them whom Moses and Aaron the priest numbered, when they numbered the children of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai.
ONLY TWO OF THE THOUSANDS THAT ORIGINALLY LEFT EGYPT CROSSED THE JORDON RIVER...BECAUSE OF THEIR DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD...THE REST OF THEM DIED IN THE WILDERNESS...
Num 26:65 For the LORD had said of them, They shall surely die in the wilderness. And there was not left a man of them, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.
~~~
You offer STRANGE FIRE upon the altar before God because you do not return unto God that which has spoken forth...
GOD DEALS IN SPECIFICS
YOU RETURN YOUR OWN CONJECTURE UNTO HIM IN YOUR DISOBEDIENCE TO HIS WORD...
___
NOTE
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:
-->it shall not return unto me void, <---but
it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the
thing whereto I sent it.
YOUR PAGAN CONJECTURE IS DESTRUCTIVE...THE CONSEQUENCE OF PROVOKING GOD, IS ETERNAL DEATH.
Amen Confrinting

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that nothing would make your day more than the idea that for me daring to not have the same religious belief as you.
You are not posting your own thoughts or feelings but you are spamming everyone else and what they believe.
This religion you follow is lead by the anti-Christ he is your god.
Your serves to satan will be well recorded, and you both will be in the same lake of fire.
If you want agreement I suggest you go to your church where they will tell you how right and how wonderful is your dogma.

On a forum, we are here to discuss issues, and conflict is not attack, it is all about differences of opinions.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

confrinting wrote:
God is not jealous OF us, but jealous FOR us. He objects to anything that wounds us or reduces us from the good plans He has for us.
KayMarie
How do you know this?

-'He objects to anything that wounds us or reduces us from the good plans He has for us'

One would think if this is the case, then "God" would at least step in to correct the mishap, but hasn't.

Why are you making things up?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Religion was and is based on superstition. And the superstitions started long ago.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Thunder and Lightning

People hit by lightning were thought by many ancient Africans to have angered the gods. The Greek god Zues was never without his thunderbolt.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

If you care to learn about the superstitions in other cultures, you might relate to the idea that your superstitions stem from ancient gossip.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Frog Folklore

Frogs have long been the object of folklore. The ancient Chinese believed that frog spawn fell from heaven. In ancient Egypt the frog was associated with Heqet, the goddess of fertility.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Floods

Almost 5000 years ago, some scientists believe, a large asteroid or comet crashed into the Indian Ocean, producing a tsunami about 13 times as big as the one that inundated Southeast Asia in December 2004. That almost every culture throughout history has had a flood myth, of which Noah and the Ark is the most famous in the Western world, demonstrates the fear and awe that floods inspire in human consciousness.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestants also dripped with blood as Luther taught his followers that killing was necessary and just, if committed for the right reasons ... which of course were Luther's "reasons."
Time to yack the soap box from under you, Every once in awhile God will send a hornet into a bees nest to stir things up.
You are the enemy, your father is the father of lairs, you read books written by other nonbelievers, and post what they write on here.
What has a child of God have to do with you, I will waste no more of my time in letting you use me to bad month God. Chow.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay"
Since 1975 some Catholics are speaking if tongues??
Try 33 AD @ Pentecost. Those Catholics were speaking in tongues. And I'm sure its happened throughout our existence.
But the bottom line is: your Pentecostal movement began while radios were around. Now we have tv. Kay, not once has any Pentecostal revival been proven to be speaking a language. Its gibberish. Its your mind trying to form words with no characteristics of any possible language on any known planet. The sentences do not relate. The words do dot relate. Its not to tough to examine the audio and figure out its not a language.

How many tongues/languages of angels can YOU speak/interpret?
II Cor. 13 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and ANGELS...".
There are 6,000 languages of men in this world. How many of them do YOU know?

I've known many incidents of known languages being spoken by those who did not know them...but the Holy Spirit does. A Jewish man left his N.Y. home and went to Texas to escape some unpleasant matters in his life. No one knew him in Texas. He heard some strange music...followed it into an upstairs room where an Assembly of God group was meeting. The music suddenly stopped and someone began speaking in HEBREW. They told his name, and his 'heart'...giving him direction. The speaker did not know the Hebrew language.

I was in a service that was being conducted in Spanish this week. A friend who knows no Spanish sang Spanish along with the group.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

who="Clay"
You and your wife are a piece of work I tell ya.

Thanks. I didn't know you cared.:)
KM
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Floods
Almost 5000 years ago, some scientists believe, a large asteroid or comet crashed into the Indian Ocean, producing a tsunami about 13 times as big as the one that inundated Southeast Asia in December 2004. That almost every culture throughout history has had a flood myth, of which Noah and the Ark is the most famous in the Western world, demonstrates the fear and awe that floods inspire in human consciousness.
No archaeological evidence whatsoever of Herrod having the children killed.

None. There should have been some graves found.

In addition, no one single report of such a far-reaching event outside of the Bible.

Nothing reported in Roman records. They kept very good records.

Nothing reported in Jewish records or lore. They were the supposed victims.

This is because it's all a myth.

If this were any other god in history, you would agree.

But it's your myth -- so the delusion is real.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

who="waaasssuuup"]th e 'good' RCC boys on this thread think that they're being persecuted for defending pedophiles - it's absolutely the most absurd superstition imaginable!

They ARE. They SHOULD BE being persecuted for DEFENDING JESUS!

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 419,281 - 419,300 of513,529
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••