Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
419,261 - 419,280 of 532,917 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

marge wrote:
Then the Lord God said, Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil.
What if they reach out, take the fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!
Was that the one and only god that favored the Jews that spoke to you through his written word???

Silly people!
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
Then the Lord God said, Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil.
What if they reach out, take the fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!

It wasnt the tree of life!

Adam and Eve were already eating from the tree of life. When they were thrown out of the Garden for eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil they lost the tree of life and began to die.

God told them not to eat of the forbidden tree thus they knew sin.
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Was that the one and only god that favored the Jews that spoke to you through his written word???
Silly people!

Favored Israel until they were cut off for disobedience and disbelief. Then the Gospel went to all the world. Do you understand this, yes or no?
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
This is religious history ... blood-soaked and ugly.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Din Timelines
World History Timelines
x - The Inquisition began and lasted into the 19th century.

It is not "religious history". It is specifically Catholic history.
http://archive.org/details/CatholicInquisitio...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how many times must i paint your lil wagon red?;)
As many times it takes.

I told you I like blue!

:o)
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
Numerous societies and social communes have told us time and again...
Religious theocracy doesn't work.

WE dont really get to vote on such a thing anyway. The colonial theocracy was working just fine. Even the states after 1776 until the Civil War were ran by Protestant Christians
www.jewishmag.com/81mag/usa4/usa4.htm
They allowed all Christians except romanist for obvious reasons. The atheist was allowed just not in politics. Jefferson was from Virginia. And i would certainly argue what was founded in DC has never been good as it is not today. Not much can be done about it tho so there's no need to argue the point.
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Every group until Martin Luther that started up and disagreed with the dogmas of the popes were put to death as heretics. And there were many.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Din Timelines
World History Timelines
x - The Cathars, a group of Catholic heretics, settled at Montsegur, France ?, in the Ariege region. They were besieged for more than a year and chose to burn at the stake rather than submit. Occitania was the ancient name for this region.

Contrary to what Rome tells about the Cathars, they were actually the non-Latin Christian Albigensians; associated with the Christian Celts of Ireland and the Nazarenes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crus...

www.godrules.net/library/wilkinson/wilkinson....
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
Believe observable results, measurable and testable.
Keep your delusions to yourselves.
It's less harmful that way.

The observations confirm the Biblical account 100%, including the historic fact Jesus died on the cross as the Bible says.

Why do deny these observations?
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Certainly the minister will pay society for the crime of killing his wife ... but your idea that he will face a god and be penalized is assumption on your part, and nothing BUT assumption.
:)

The evidence of HISTORY & SCIENCE confirms the biblical account which says man will face judgment. Jesus said this very thing, as recorded. You denying this fact wont change it.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"I back up my statements with observable, measurable, and testable evidence"
LOL - are you 14 billion years old that you've observed and measured your heritage back to an ameoba?
put on a dunce hat & get in the corner, Jeffrey, you've been a lying bad boy!
Fact: you had your day in court... again. Kansas, 2005.

And based on the facts... you lost again.

In the end, it's no to teaching intelligent design, or -- teach this version as well.

http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/

I hate you for rejecting the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I have just as much evidence for my God as you have for yours.

In fact, all the gods in history have the same amount of evidence as there is for mine -- the FSM!!!

So why do you call names? Have you figured it out yet?

Arrrrrrrrrrrr..... FSM loves you.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

So the Lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and He sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made.

After sending them out, the Lord God stationed mighty cherubim to the east of the Garden of Eden.

And He placed a flaming sword that flashed back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

History of the Albigensian Cathars is the Israel of the Alps.
www.youtube.com/user/LLTinc/videos...
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
WE dont really get to vote on such a thing anyway. The colonial theocracy was working just fine. Even the states after 1776 until the Civil War were ran by Protestant Christians
www.jewishmag.com/81mag/usa4/usa4.htm
They allowed all Christians except romanist for obvious reasons. The atheist was allowed just not in politics. Jefferson was from Virginia. And i would certainly argue what was founded in DC has never been good as it is not today. Not much can be done about it tho so there's no need to argue the point.
Washington, Jefferson, Madison, and others did not speak of "Jesus" when referring to God.

They believed in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The observations confirm the Biblical account 100%, including the historic fact Jesus died on the cross as the Bible says.
Why do deny these observations?
Who made these "observations?"

Do you have their writings?

Of course not. They exist only in your imagination.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence of HISTORY & SCIENCE confirms the biblical account which says man will face judgment. Jesus said this very thing, as recorded. You denying this fact wont change it.
I suggest you don't drag science into your silly myths.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

“Life lives on life—it is cruel, but it is God’s will,”

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

marge wrote:
So the Lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and He sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made.
After sending them out, the Lord God stationed mighty cherubim to the east of the Garden of Eden.
And He placed a flaming sword that flashed back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
That myth paints quite a picture in your mind HUH?

Of course reality is probably another issue entirely.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to what Rome tells about the Cathars, they were actually the non-Latin Christian Albigensians; associated with the Christian Celts of Ireland and the Nazarenes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crus...
www.godrules.net/library/wilkinson/wilkinson....
Whoever they were they were slaughtered as heretics by the Catholics ... the Catholics who were in turn heretics to the faithful Jews.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
dude - apostles, prophets, evangelists, teachers and pastors are still alive and well on earth today and any of them worth their salt do not agree with the RCC:)
.... and they do not agree with each other either.

Tell me, how can thousands of Protestants keep a straight face, as they convince people the Holy Spirit is guiding them to truth, when none of them teach the same.
For example:
there are two evangelical mega churches in the twin cities that I know of. One Pastor says God doesn't know the future. He says Its playing out now and our choices will determine it. God will find out together with us, I guess.

Another preaches that God knows everything. He's outside of space and time and just because He knows the future, He still respects our free will and does not interfere with what we choose.

(The second one is in line with Catholicism. The first one is not.)

You guys are a doctrinal mess as each one chooses their own Christianity.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Favored Israel until they were cut off for disobedience and disbelief. Then the Gospel went to all the world. Do you understand this, yes or no?
Are you indicating that the Catholics WERE the faithful ones to the god of the Jews?

Surely you aren't THAT ignorant.

Catholics were NOT faithful Jews. Not even close. The Catholics changed the dogmas of the Jews, and slaughered the Jews labeling all of them as the traitors.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, how can thousands of Protestants keep a straight face, as they convince people the Holy Spirit is guiding them to truth, when none of them teach the same.
Did you not notice that every group of Catholic protestors through all the centuries that disagreed with the popes were put to death for not agreeing with the popes on the meanings of dogma ... that they all gleaned from the same book?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Ecko 8,180
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Sat Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••