Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649697 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#435188 Apr 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
God commands we be holy as He is Holy but we're all sinners and fall short, that is why Jesus came so He could make a way for us:)
So if you are a sinner then you are evil just like me.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#435189 Apr 24, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be much happier if you decided to spend your time fishing or basket weaving or collecting trash from the side of the road or something which feeds your soul. Odds are that no one you are trying to irritate are actually irritated by you.
My guess is, you're right. Theologians such as you can't be embarrassed by their own theology. You are only embarrassed by the theology believed by others.

It's funny how the ego protects itself from outside influence ... isn't it?

Quesnel, Canada

#435190 Apr 24, 2013
So according to some Christians, they are sinners even though they believe in Jesus.

That theologay becomes rather tricky.

Why would I want to believe in Jesus if god still sees me as a sinner?

To draw in the crowds, you people have to come up with a better line.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#435191 Apr 24, 2013
who="Oxbow"]042

Sheep dip!!!!!
And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last. I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

So THAT's where the keys are! HE still has them. That's what I thought all along!

KayMarie

#435192 Apr 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pope chit is not based on Scripture...it can't be...because..the Word of God does not change from one day to the next....
~~~

If you supposed to be defending the word of God...

The Word says..

Mat_5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#435193 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That was his old-hat story. He now claims that people don't have to believe in Jesus to be saved.
He's a man of many hats, and changes them at will ... just as did and do all theologians when the mood strikes them.
well then it's a good thing that we have the miraculously & meticulously preserved quote from Jesus in Jn 3:16 to always fall back on!

it's been made sssssooooo easy for you June - i suppose the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth will be the regrets going up forever over how stupid some people were to turn down this simple & most gracious offer.....

#435194 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So according to some Christians, they are sinners even though they believe in Jesus.
That theologay becomes rather tricky.
Why would I want to believe in Jesus if god still sees me as a sinner?
To draw in the crowds, you people have to come up with a better line.
~~~~

Some claim to be still a sinner ...saved by grace...because they are not Born of God...

In actuality they should say ...I am a Christian saved by grace.

For God's word says...

1Jn_3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#435195 Apr 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Liar. No Catholic on this thread has ever said the the pope trumps the Word of God.
You call it 'tradition', which includes all of your pope's.
KM
What pope's 'tradition' trumps the bible? What is your authority to infallibly declare he trumps the bible?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#435196 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
They act it out... if they have never said it...actions speak out louder than words.
Your lies speak for you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#435197 Apr 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You do everyday, we tell you what the Word of God says and you try to trump it with the word of the pope.
Give me an example.

What is your authority to infallibly interpret the Word of God? Why do you have any more authority than a pope or the preacher in the remodeled 7-11 across the street?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#435198 Apr 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wrong again about the Holy Spirit Anthony, one cannot be born-anew without the Holy Spirit.
Romans 8:9
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.
1 Corinthians 2:14
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
You have no authority to declare who has the Spirit and who does not.

Quesnel, Canada

#435199 Apr 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well then it's a good thing that we have the miraculously & meticulously preserved quote from Jesus in Jn 3:16 to always fall back on!
it's been made sssssooooo easy for you June - i suppose the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth will be the regrets going up forever over how stupid some people were to turn down this simple & most gracious offer.....
In your own perception, are you a Christian sinner, or are you all washed up, making you spiffy clean and ever so holy???

Quesnel, Canada

#435200 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
Some claim to be still a sinner ...saved by grace...because they are not Born of God...
In actuality they should say ...I am a Christian saved by grace.
For God's word says...
1Jn_3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
If you are already saved, then you aren't sinning any more.

If you are a sinner, then you haven't been saved.

For "god's" sake ... make up your mind.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#435201 Apr 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
How idiotic can you be!!!!!
Christ's came to save the world.....to think that He excluded ALL but the Catholic denomination from ALL of His teaching is the most absurd thing I can imagine!!!!!
That would make Him unjust as the day is long......
You were given the teaching but rejected it because you wanted to get married a second and third time. God gave us free will, you used yours. Good luck.

Quesnel, Canada

#435202 Apr 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY???

What good is theology if you can't preach that others are sinners, and you are saved.

You might as well not preach!

#435203 Apr 24, 2013
who="Anthony MN"

She didn't 'declare' anything. She just quoted scripture, and IT has all authority.(You didn't recognize it ???)

KM
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#435204 Apr 24, 2013
who="Oxbow"]042
Sheep dip!!!!!
And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last. I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
So THAT's where the keys are! HE still has them. That's what I thought all along!
KayMarie
So in your opinion Jesus was just foolin' around when He gave them to St. Peter...

One more reason why you have no authority.

Quesnel, Canada

#435205 Apr 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mean to be fresh, but will you show me your spirit ... or even a soul would do???

Quesnel, Canada

#435206 Apr 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave us free will, you used yours. Good luck.
I'm not done using my free will ... but I know from experience that nothing promised as free is really free.

There are always strings attached ... damn it anyway!

Quesnel, Canada

#435207 Apr 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your opinion Jesus was just foolin' around
I also heard that rumor. apparently Mary Magdalene's soul and spirit has never been the same since that episode.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 6 hr swedenforever 46
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web