Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
419,181 - 419,200 of 537,025 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But in my theology I didn't even fear a god. What held me to religion for so long was that my parents whom I adored both taught me that a god existed, and so I took their word for it, and created a god of only the character of love in my imagination.
It was the part about trying to make any sense out of suffering of all forms of life that eventually turned me away from the idea that a god with a conscience would be involved in such horror. And I wouldn't believe in a god that had no moral conscience, so the whole thing became really silly to me, and I shed religion ... all religion as being based on self-ingratiating nonsense.
Well in all reality, heave was not promised here on earth. Maybe you expected it too soon. The bad came with sin and the fall of man.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

If this weren't a myth, and an illogical one at that -- if there were any evidence beyond faith -- then God might get the attention everyone claims this God craves.

The most absurd part of it all is to believe that any great God of the Universe wants or needs to be worshipped in the first place.

That's a human invention for sure....

A god with low self-esteem, who needs attention and gets angry, jealous, and vengeful when he doesn't get it.

I can't think of anything more delusional.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Concepts of truth are often not even close to being based on truth.
I already understand how the Catholics and Protestants fight over who a Jew loves and who he will lock out of Christian heaven.
It was the battle of centuries, and from what the Catholics and Protestants post on this thread and other threads, the bickering is ongoing, even if the killing between the two split versions of Christianity had to cease by laws put upon them on earth.
If you could see how silly it is to fight over who will go to heaven on the shirt-tales of a Jew, when Jews don't even believe in heaven, then maybe you would give up being so silly.
~~~

Nationalities nor (man created denominations) have anything to do with one receiving Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior. eternal life ..

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 ===> For THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE JEW AND THE GREEK/GENTILE: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.<===

NOTE
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

___

IF YOU ARE GOING TO ARGUE ABOUT THE BIBLE...

The least you could do is avail yourself to reading
it...

so you can a argue intelligently...then your remarks wont be so absurd....

You are as one... attempting to play football in a tennis court.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…
Floods
Almost 5000 years ago, some scientists believe, a large asteroid or comet crashed into the Indian Ocean, producing a tsunami about 13 times as big as the one that inundated Southeast Asia in December 2004. That almost every culture throughout history has had a flood myth, of which Noah and the Ark is the most famous in the Western world, demonstrates the fear and awe that floods inspire in human consciousness.
It was good of God to tell Noah that the metor was coming so he had time to gather the animals and make the ark. It must have been a slow meteor.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>It was good of God to tell Noah that the metor was coming so he had time to gather the animals and make the ark. It must have been a slow meteor.
Can anyone with common sense really believe this story that EXACTLY everyone on earth except Noahs family were bad and doomed?

....more scare tactics to keep the flocks together...and scared.

.......makes no common sense.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Both Ollie and I have agree that both of us have not studied anything.

Go Figure.
I agree that both you and Stanley have not studied anything.

UNBELIEVABLE!........but true!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Ollie says that you afe fulla schidt to the eyeballs.
I believe that the only education that you have is that which you gleaned from the ILK that tossed swill over the rails of your pigPen.
When it comes to you 'jetCrow'....there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.
Go Figure.
Ollie says Stanley is a loser. Sometimes the truth hurts.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone with common sense really believe this story that EXACTLY everyone on earth except Noahs family were bad and doomed?
~~~

YOU ARE ANOTHER ONE THAT IS ATTEMPTING TO ROLLER-SKATE IN A BIRD CAGE..

I DARE YOU TO READ IT!

I believe you are afraid to...

It just might captivate you as it has many (such as youself)
that have attempted to discredit it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

who="Michael"

Certainly does make sense. Can you honestly watch what is going on in the world today and NOT believe it? The crazies outnumber the sane folk.

I once heard something to outrageous that I thought nothing would ever shock/surprise me again. That was just before the Oklahoma bombing...and it gets worse every day.

Better be ready for the coming Ark (Jesus). If you miss Him, you are in for a time called Jacob's troubles, and it will be worse than anything.

Seriously!

KayMarie
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Ex-Jew Catholics didn't only massacre the Jews. They tried in vain to massacre the religion of the Jews.
There ought to be a law against such horrors, but once the religious blight got started, it gathered more and more lies in its path of destruction, and it's unfortunate that the end is nowhere in "sight."
Christianity squeezed all the JEW out of Jesus to make him their own.

Once a jew always a jew. You can't change someones heritage.

Just like scottish people. Born in Scotland always scottish regardless of what religion they change to.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestants also dripped with blood as Luther taught his followers that killing was necessary and just, if committed for the right reasons ... which of course were Luther's "reasons."
wasn't there - didn't do that;)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWWW I suggest that you knock-off the pedophile insults. Protestant-churches also have their pedophile issues that pop out when least expected. Those preachers all covered up molestations, as they didn't want the HOLY name of their churches to suffer.
The Catholic church took the brunt of the pedophile scandal, but they were far from alone if the truth be known.
demoniacs, whether in sheeps clothing or just blatant unbelieving and narcisistic wolves like you, are really behind all the evil in the world;)

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
No archaeological evidence whatsoever of Herrod having the children killed.
None. There should have been some graves found.
In addition, no one single report of such a far-reaching event outside of the Bible.
Nothing reported in Roman records. They kept very good records.
Nothing reported in Jewish records or lore. They were the supposed victims.
This is because it's all a myth.
If this were any other god in history, you would agree.
But it's your myth -- so the delusion is real.
Biblical right-fighters only pay heed to the scriptural words they manipulate to suit their own interpretations.

It's just the way it is.

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
If this weren't a myth, and an illogical one at that -- if there were any evidence beyond faith -- then God might get the attention everyone claims this God craves.
The most absurd part of it all is to believe that any great God of the Universe wants or needs to be worshipped in the first place.
That's a human invention for sure....
A god with low self-esteem, who needs attention and gets angry, jealous, and vengeful when he doesn't get it.
I can't think of anything more delusional.
Delusion is the name of the religious GAME. And they all play the game to suit their own desires.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Once a jew always a jew. You can't change someones heritage.
Just like scottish people. Born in Scotland always scottish regardless of what religion they change to.
~~~
READ IT FOR YOURSELF

Actually we Christians become as Jews in God's eyes...when we are born again...

___

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
They have their images of Jesus the Jew hog-tied with their Christian string of lies and then they go to the altar to worship the lies.

New Hazelton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
demoniacs, whether in sheeps clothing or just blatant unbelieving and narcisistic wolves like you, are really behind all the evil in the world;)
Allah demands that you become Muslim. He doesn't want you to choose to burn in Islam's hell. That's how very much Allah loves you.

Do you see the similarities in your own dogmas?
Human Being

Eunice, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you didn't notice that I stated I have no use for ALL religion.
It teaches people to defend their own beliefs in fantasy ... of all the ridiculous nonsense.
The history of religion amounts to nothing but lies, torture and bloodshed, and it continues today without any hesitation.
June

There is religion, and there is truth.

Religion deals with idols. One's own view (either existing or not) becomes the idol. You know your idol(thoughts) well, and practice your evangelizing them. Your devotion is noted.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusion is the name of the religious GAME. And they all play the game to suit their own desires.
That explains why they don't agree on their "shared" beliefs.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They have their images of Jesus the Jew hog-tied with their Christian string of lies and then they go to the altar to worship the lies.
~~~~~

AS I SAID BEFORE I AM NOT A ROMAN CATHOLIC...I am not AN IDOLATOR

I refuse TO DO THAT WHICH GOD HAS FORBIDDEN...

I do not HAVE IMAGES ICONS,

STATUES AND IDOLS IN CHANCEL THE CHURCH WHERE I SERVE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••