Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,953)

Showing posts 419,041 - 419,060 of512,402
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, the Atheist would say, "Why do you preach words from a bible at me when you already know that I can read?
And by the way, thank you for placing a capital letter on the word Atheist.
How can you be sure there us no higher power behind the Universe?

Do you not allow for even the possibility?

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

During the 1950's there was a lot of discussion about birth control and the rhythm method etc.
This prompted a letter to the editor of a magazine:

Sirs,

Why all this talk of birth control,
Let's leave rhythm to rock and roll,
The H-bomb promises liquidation,
Small worry then is procreation
Let's temper our fear of birth statistics
With a glance at missiles and their ballistics.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant that the attitude of the Atheist would be "You have some nerve, preaching at me, when you know that I AM an Atheist, I can read, but choose not to read the bible."
I can read the Bible too, and sometimes I do. Usually at night.
Reading the Bible and studying it is one thing. Catholicism is putting those teachings into motion. Its bringing the Bible to life.
I don't think any other religion views theirs that way. The Apostle never handed out their writings and walked away; without explaining it. Catholicism is those writings as taught from their mouths.
I know Atheism is not believing, period. So it really doesn't make a difference to you guys how it all came about. But I thought I would make it clear that the Bible is not to be interpreted like the new evangelical protestants say it is. I believe they mean well, but the create too many Atheist by preaching things about the Holy Scriptures that Christ never wanted.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

who="Clay"
What do you say to the Atheist that might say something like this:
"How come you preach the Bible as the foundation of Christianity, when Jesus never did and His Apostles never did?
Why does your Bible only have 66 Books but the Catholic has 73. Who determined what should be 'the Bible'?
How come you preach something different about the Bible then what the first Christians understood?
Why do you reject the science that shows the Earth being millions of yrs old?
How come you continuously accuse Catholics of Idolatry when they explained to you that they do not?
If you're going to claim to be specially called by God to preach the Bible, then you can't run from these questions. Are you legit or are you a fraud?

The Bible IS the foundation of Christianity. Jesus referred to the O.T. scriptures often...explaining to the Apostles how that prophecy was being fulfilled in Him. He declared to satan's temptation that "It is WRITTEN". He trusted the scriptures; why shouldn't I?

Science is a STUDY FOR TRUTH; not a factual revelation.

Catholics claim that they do not worship statues...even while they are in the act. What you do is more important than what you say.

What I preach comes from the WORDS OF THE APOSTLES. You can't get more authentic...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you be sure there us no higher power behind the Universe?
Do you not allow for even the possibility?
I don't believe in the existence of a creator, but I leave the idea open that there's always more to learn.

James Randi is an absolute skeptic who leaves nothing to imagination. I don't want to be THAT rigid, because then I won't be open to new ideas whatsoever.

Just because I believe something, doesn't make what I believe into absolute truth. Maybe absolute truth doesn't even exist. I don't know.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Cathy the Catholic says:

every truly good Catholic should prove their faith and trust in the One True Holy Roman Church by giving their children to the priests for sleep-overs and extensive & unsupervised visits.

i personally know some good catholics who did and paid a price, but they're still very devout catholics (maybe not such great parents tho)!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i can agree that the 'breaking of bread' is a Christ ordained tradition for the Church/Body of Christ to commemorate Jesus' death and ressurection, but you will note that there is no such Roman "Eucharist"/transubs tantiation EVER taught in association with the Lord's Supper/Communion.
depart from Babylon/Rome while you still can....
I would disagree. There is a pile of evidence from writings that clearly show what people were taught about the 'breaking of the bread' and it has nothing to do with Rome.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't send anyone to Hell. We send ourselves there. He still loves those souls but respects their decision to be separate from Him.
And that's EXACTLY what would happen if God did an interview tonight on CNN. People would say, "whoa, God is real!, but I reject what he's saying"
Eternal Hell is separation from the love of God by our own decision. Fire. Torture. Pain, are adjectives to describe what it would be like without God- who IS Love.
How do I "send myself to hell?" By rejecting your imaginary god?

You are in effect saying that 90% to 95% of humanity send themselves to Hell, and your god somehow loves them but has no choice.

Next -- "God is real but I reject what he's saying." Sir, are you being serious? Please explain any of this in more detail. I have never heard theology like that.

Lastly, your definition of Hell is completely different from what your church taught perfectly for over 1500 years. Touchy, feely New Age stuff. You seem to be saying Our Lady of Fatima is a liar, as were numerous Saints and even Popes who described Hell.

This all sounds outside of traditional catholic teachings. Bizarre even, so maybe you can expound.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Meant as humor
I wonder what will happen to those in religion when they cross the border from one life into another and find out that their gods are still invisible?
Humans created the gods as invisible entities, so what can they expect in the future other than invisible entities?
I believe that expecting to see what was originally created as invisible is expecting too much out of nothing.
~~~~

WHAT ABOUT YOUR RELIGION..

THE EPITAPH ON THE TOMB STONE OF A CONFIRMED ATHEIST...

"Here lies the body of uncle Joe, all dressed up, but no place to go.."
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Atheist diploma have result ..24 hour human mind work even when your body sleep..your biological o'clock within you have time ...mental..yes..why don't you explain correctly..impact over mind which you call mental..wicket satanic way..how you call that superstition..forgive me but you need be correct with your explanation toward ordinary to become extraordinary.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I can read the Bible too, and sometimes I do. Usually at night.
Reading the Bible and studying it is one thing. Catholicism is putting those teachings into motion. Its bringing the Bible to life.
Your opinion is for you and it no doubt makes you feel powerful to believe you know answers, but I suggest you question that when other people have opinions that differ from yours, they also believe they have the answers.

That attitude will humble you somewhat.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
What do you say to the Atheist that might say something like this:
"How come you preach the Bible as the foundation of Christianity, when Jesus never did and His Apostles never did?
Why does your Bible only have 66 Books but the Catholic has 73. Who determined what should be 'the Bible'?
How come you preach something different about the Bible then what the first Christians understood?
Why do you reject the science that shows the Earth being millions of yrs old?
How come you continuously accuse Catholics of Idolatry when they explained to you that they do not?
If you're going to claim to be specially called by God to preach the Bible, then you can't run from these questions. Are you legit or are you a fraud?
The Bible IS the foundation of Christianity. Jesus referred to the O.T. scriptures often...explaining to the Apostles how that prophecy was being fulfilled in Him. He declared to satan's temptation that "It is WRITTEN". He trusted the scriptures; why shouldn't I?
Science is a STUDY FOR TRUTH; not a factual revelation.
Catholics claim that they do not worship statues...even while they are in the act. What you do is more important than what you say.
What I preach comes from the WORDS OF THE APOSTLES. You can't get more authentic...
What Books does Jesus say are the scriptures?

In the time of Jesus, every Jewish sect had a different canon of Books they considered Sacred Scripture. God never told them what set of Books are the Bible.
You teach a new and strange doctrine, that the Bible is the foundation of Christianity, when the Apostle Paul says the CHURCH is. Why is that?
You see Catholics kneeling in front of a statue, and falsely teach that we think its a diety; an idol. Why?

Do you see how I could never take you seriously?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Observe the arrogance of Thomas Jefferson, who rewrote the new testament by his own standards of what it all meant to him.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Jefferson Bible Thomas Jefferson Introduction by Forrest Church Afterword by Jaroslav Pelikan.

In a statement of his faith, Jefferson wrote to Rush,I am a Christian, in the only sense he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence; and believing he never claimed any other.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not proclaiming a different Gospel. They are.
The Eucharist was is and always will be the pinnacle of the Christian faith. Its what Jesus taught. Its what His Apostles taught and everyone else for the first 1600 yrs of Christianity.
These born again evangelicals skimmed over Luke 24:13-35. In this passage, Our Lord makes it clear the scriptures can't be understood by us, unless we have the Eucharist.
so clay - is a "Eucharist" only the Lord's Body if/when it's transubstantiated through a roman/vatican ordained priest? if so, whouldn't that mean then that the VATICAN/ROME owns Christianity???

try, if you can, taking off your roman/pagan brainwashing cap, step asside and look for yourself to see how absurd, tyrannical and ANTICHRIST/BABYLONIAN/ROMAN this truly is.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

People that study the words in the so-called holy books "rewrite" the words by their own interpretations.

You no doubt believe you are gleaning truth from some holy source ... but that is just ego ruling from its own stance.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Use and Misuse of Language edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Miguelito,
Who believes God would create men more worthy than women? Oh, that's right, you do! Well, just because YOU believe that fallacy, doesn't mean that's how the Catholic Church sees women.
Miguelito, men and women are created equal; that means, they are both created in the image and likeness of God and thus have equal dignity before God. However, they are not identical, otherwise they would not be able to complement each other as it is obvious they do. It is the secular world who says that in order for women to have any value in society, they have to behave and be like men in all aspects, including their physiology. Why do you think women have to resort to chemical neutering if they want to remain in the work force in the secular world? Why not allow them to be the women that they are, whose bodies are designed to carry new life? Honestly, this is pure discrimination of women by men.
The Catholic Church cannot change the fact that only men can be priests and the reason is because her founder, Jesus Christ, wanted it that way. End of story.
BTW, how is your garlic intake going?
Garlic man says.......The Catholic Church cannot change the fact that only men can be priests and the reason is because her founder, Jesus Christ, wanted it that way. End of story.

Michael says......You still fall for the falicy the church teaches that women need not apply. Why? Because old men in the church do not like women, or each of the clergy in the church would be with a woman themselves. End of story.

The catholic priests/church teaches that love, marriage and family are the keys to happiness, yet these very same priests forbid themselves to love, marry and have families, but preach that everyone else should.

makes no common sense....BUSTED!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

When you see the arrogance in Thomas Jefferson's attitude ... you will see the arrogance in your selves.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Jefferson Bible Thomas Jefferson Introduction by Forrest Church Afterword by Jaroslav Pelikan.

In 1820, at seventy-seven years of age, Thomas Jefferson removed the six testaments from his shelf, where they had been sitting for a decade and a half, and carved out a Gospel for himself, one whose witness he could respect and whose message he could understand.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in the existence of a creator, but I leave the idea open that there's always more to learn.
James Randi is an absolute skeptic who leaves nothing to imagination. I don't want to be THAT rigid, because then I won't be open to new ideas whatsoever.
Just because I believe something, doesn't make what I believe into absolute truth. Maybe absolute truth doesn't even exist. I don't know.
~~~

Your post above is more.... that of an agnostic than an atheist.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

humble

o did we are..not look single issue..no

now
where is that o'clock..i mean catch up millions years on front..your Creator left law trough space and time..
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, Garlic man.
You have to stop swimming in the shallow end. It doesn't matter what right and wrong is you will always do what the church says.

Today the church says no priests shall marry. Clay says right!

Down the road one day the church will change its ways and say priests can now marry. Clay will then say Right!

Whenever the church changes a policy, so does Clay change his.

When will you ever start using your own personal knowledge to make decisions in your life, instead of always doing what the church tells you to do? Are you that simple that you can't decide for yourself? Do you need someone to help you?

very sad.........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 419,041 - 419,060 of512,402
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••