Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603289 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434727 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Prolly not...just share the Gospel with her.
lol. She's participating in the Gospel and you're just reading about it.
You're looking at the menu and she's having the meal.
You're also changing the menu around for her. But with the help of the Eucharist, she'll recognize the false teachings someday.(Luke 24 13-35)

I'm more happy for your niece than you are. Give her a nice card from me and don't be so bitter about her special day.
Also, I heard you also have a son with a disability? I can relate to that. We certainly can pray for each other.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434728 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What you say is you are bringing the children to Christ for a relationship with Him. Don't work like that. Christ comes to us.
For by grace you have been saved through faith and it is NOT OF YOURSELVES.
For crying out loud Clay, you said the catholic church gave us the bible, why do you ignore it?
So why did Christ say "Bring the Children to me"?

Why didn't He say,'don't worry about your children, its my job to come to them"?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434729 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok...then what does this mean?
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God
Your a catholic, you say your church gave us the Bible...teach me.
**I read it as salvation is not from anything we do. How do you see it?
catholic.com
scripturecatholic.com
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434730 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you expect but lies from Jewish con-artists that wanted to start a new religion?
You're right.

Con-artists will never agree. Just look at this board, or history. It's a con... and they'll never agree because there is no real evidence, no proof, very little logic or reason, just myth and self-centered wishful thinking.

90% could truthfully say -- "this is how my parents told me I'd be saved by God and anyone who doesn't agree is doomed."
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434731 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
God created Adam out of the earth, and Eve out of Adam's rib.
That means that Adam had sex with his own rib.
Now THAT is an original sin.
:)
You would think after 70 years one would have been aware of this,

Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc (Literally: "After this, therefore because of this"): This type of false cause occurs when the writer mistakenly assumes that, because the first event preceded the second event, it must mean the first event caused the later one. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. It is the honest writer's job to establish clearly that connection rather than merely assert it exists. Example:
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
God created Adam out of the earth, and Eve out of Adam's rib.
That means that Adam had sex with his own rib.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#434732 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. She's participating in the Gospel and you're just reading about it.
You're looking at the menu and she's having the meal.
You're also changing the menu around for her. But with the help of the Eucharist, she'll recognize the false teachings someday.(Luke 24 13-35)
I'm more happy for your niece than you are. Give her a nice card from me and don't be so bitter about her special day.
Also, I heard you also have a son with a disability? I can relate to that. We certainly can pray for each other.
I did read you have a son with disabilities as well. As sincere as I possibly can be Clay, repent and receive Christ by faith and stop trying to please God with keeping certain rules and doing good works....you'll never make it.

Your son may not understand the Gospel and I believe with all my heart that he will be in glory with the Father when he passes from this earth whether he is baptized or not(catholic church doesn't say this about your son). Your son will go to Heaven, don't miss out on that Clay.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#434733 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did Christ say "Bring the Children to me"?
Why didn't He say,'don't worry about your children, its my job to come to them"?
I think He meant exactly what He said. Don't stop the children from coming Me.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434734 Apr 22, 2013
It is extremely hard for a Christian believer to process this data, but nonetheless it is true.....

Today's "God" is just as imaginary as were these historical gods. All of the rituals in Christianity are completely man-made.

Christianity is a snow ball that rolled over a dozen pagan religions. As the snowball grew, it freely attached pagan rituals and beliefs in order to be more palatable to converts.

-- Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints.

-- Pictograms of Isis nursing her miraculously conceived son Horus became the blueprint for our modern images of the Virgin Mary nursing Baby Jesus.

Virtually all the elements of the Catholic ritual - the miter, the altar, the doxology, and communion, the act of "God-eating" - were taken directly from earlier mystic religions.

-- Nothing in Christianity is original.

-- The pre-Christian God Mithras - called the Son of God and the Light of the World - was born on December 25, died, was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days.

December 25 is also the birthday or Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus.

The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

It has been noted since antiquity, and in modern scholarship since the 19th century, that Jesus Christ has striking parallels to other deities worshipped in Hellenistic religion.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434735 Apr 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know anything about the existence of "hell" - as I've never been there, don't know anyone who had been there and came back to tell about, or its location, etc.
For those who want to put fear into others, they use this "place" as part fo their tactic.
I personally believe, we all get to go to the same place.
"Simply an absence of God" - it could be.
*shrugs*
Is your question, what you believe? Do you even believe?
Thanks for reading my post!
I am an agnostic. I view all religions as man-made.

I was really pointing out the same fear aspect as you acknowledge.

Interesting that now the larger mainstream denominations have figured out that the old teachings on Hell are a little too extreme, to the point of being completely absurd.

So we've gone from Biblical fire and brimstone to something far more benign -- the absence of God's presence.

Instead of being tortured mercilessly for eternity, you'll now just be lonely.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#434736 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest if the pope was on the street in Iran without his body guards, he would not live more than an hour.
Preaching that Islam is not the true religion would not just make him a suspect. It would make him a target.
June says......I suggest if the pope was on the street in Iran without his body guards, he would not live more than an hour.

Michael says......Pope Benedict claimed that God was his protector, yet without the swiss army guard and a bullit proof pope-mobile he would have been killed long ago.

.........so much for God is his protector...
chuck

Dublin, OH

#434737 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did Christ say "Bring the Children to me"?
Why didn't He say,'don't worry about your children, its my job to come to them"?
Do you think Jesus was using children as an example for adults? That we as adults should have the faith of a child? Isn't that what the text says?

There is absolutely no indictation Jesus is talking about baptism....none.

Another example when the disciples were fighting about who would be the greatest in God’s kingdom:“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434738 Apr 22, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
It is extremely hard for a Christian believer to process this data, but nonetheless it is true.....
Today's "God" is just as imaginary as were these historical gods. All of the rituals in Christianity are completely man-made.
Christianity is a snow ball that rolled over a dozen pagan religions. As the snowball grew, it freely attached pagan rituals and beliefs in order to be more palatable to converts.
-- Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints.
-- Pictograms of Isis nursing her miraculously conceived son Horus became the blueprint for our modern images of the Virgin Mary nursing Baby Jesus.
Virtually all the elements of the Catholic ritual - the miter, the altar, the doxology, and communion, the act of "God-eating" - were taken directly from earlier mystic religions.
-- Nothing in Christianity is original.
-- The pre-Christian God Mithras - called the Son of God and the Light of the World - was born on December 25, died, was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days.
December 25 is also the birthday or Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus.
The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
It has been noted since antiquity, and in modern scholarship since the 19th century, that Jesus Christ has striking parallels to other deities worshipped in Hellenistic religion.
You have not done due diligence in your research.

1) Jesus was not born Dec 25th.
2) There is NO evidence of a resurrection in any of your myths prior to 600AD, well after the Christian claim.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434739 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There will always be confusion as long as people like you take the Bible and form your own theology.
:)

You really ARE a comedian.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434740 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow ... that Stanley is a real power-house of knowledge.
You seem to have Jesus the Jew in a Catholic choke-hold!
:)
It's called "faith in god," not the "science of religion."

Some folks don't deal with that fact very well.

Some call names.

Some become comedians.

Your friend has embraced both.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434741 Apr 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
June says......I suggest if the pope was on the street in Iran without his body guards, he would not live more than an hour.
Michael says......Pope Benedict claimed that God was his protector, yet without the swiss army guard and a bullit proof pope-mobile he would have been killed long ago.
.........so much for God is his protector...
Those theologians never did rely on a god to protect them. Yet they preach that "God answer's prayers."

Hilarious stuff!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434742 Apr 22, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
Con-artists will never agree. Just look at this board, or history. It's a con... and they'll never agree because there is no real evidence, no proof, very little logic or reason, just myth and self-centered wishful thinking.
90% could truthfully say -- "this is how my parents told me I'd be saved by God and anyone who doesn't agree is doomed."
Nothing is allowed to register in their thinking but their religious indoctrinations.

It applies to those in all cults who believe they will be rewarded with bliss and ONLY bliss for behaving comparable to trained seals on earth.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#434743 Apr 22, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an agnostic. I view all religions as man-made.
I was really pointing out the same fear aspect as you acknowledge.
Interesting that now the larger mainstream denominations have figured out that the old teachings on Hell are a little too extreme, to the point of being completely absurd.
So we've gone from Biblical fire and brimstone to something far more benign -- the absence of God's presence.
Instead of being tortured mercilessly for eternity, you'll now just be lonely.
Literally.

"Instead of being tortured mercilessly for eternity, you'll now just be lonely. "

- I'll take being lonely.

:o)
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434744 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There will always be confusion as long as people like you take the Bible and form your own theology. I'm sure everyone on this forum agree, anyone can grab a Bible and look for whatever they wish to see. Many many religions have been born since Luther and Calvin invented Sola Scripture.
I told you, if you're serious about Christianity, then either look to the Church that compiled the NT or read the writings of the Disciples of the Apostles and early Church fathers.
Many of you wouldn't dare do this, because you'll be proven in error. Anything to prevent you from being exposed to the truth and have to admit you were wrong!!
They read the same Bible as you.

Your own church has flip-flopped on meanings and dogma many times.

What's the big deal? It delusional. It's like the child-sex scandal never happened, or that it had no meaning.

Sorry, but the Catholic church is certainly subject to error -- of the most ungodly kind known to man no less.

This is the most centralized, top-down religion the world has ever seen. You can't say Jesus was leading the church while it was protecting so many child-abusers around the world.

Even I know what Jesus said about such things. To ignore that is delusional.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434745 Apr 22, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called "faith in god," not the "science of religion."
Some folks don't deal with that fact very well.
Some call names.
Some become comedians.
Your friend has embraced both.
My guess is he stands tall on his pulpit!

:)
Clay

United States

#434746 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read you have a son with disabilities as well. As sincere as I possibly can be Clay, repent and receive Christ by faith and stop trying to please God with keeping certain rules and doing good works....you'll never make it.
Your son may not understand the Gospel and I believe with all my heart that he will be in glory with the Father when he passes from this earth whether he is baptized or not(catholic church doesn't say this about your son). Your son will go to Heaven, don't miss out on that Clay.
thank you.

I gotta admit, your following quote is troubling:

"Clay, repent and receive Christ by faith, and stop trying to please God with keeping certain rules and doing good works...you'll never make it"

I don't get it. That doesn't seem like something the Apostles would tell people. If that is your motto, its not good. I believe that mentality ushered in the problems our society has today. Everyone seems to boast they're 'saved' while hustling money and pimping hoes.

If you were to tell your niece that, and she turns from the Eucharist, you are going to be held responsible for that. This teaching of yours is against Jesus Christ. Its new and strange, Chuck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 52 min 15th Dalai Lama 84,408
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web