Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599547 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434642 Apr 22, 2013
Thomas Jefferson was certain that all humans would die as Unitarians. And Forest Church, being a Unitarian thought that Jefferson was "enlightened" to absolute truth.

Such are the "rulings" of blatant arrogance.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Jefferson Bible … Thomas Jefferson … Introduction by Forrest Church … Afterword by Jaroslav Pelikan.

Preface

In 1978 I completed a doctorate in religion at Harvard University, and was called to the ministry of All Souls Unitarian Church in New York City, where I served ever since. Some thirty years ago, when I opened The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, I had no idea that Jefferson espoused a Unitarian theology, or that he once claimed that “there is not a young man now living in the U.S. who will not die a Unitarian.” But in retrospect I can see that the seed of a faith that has been growing ever since was then planted in the mind of a ten-year-old.

Forest Church.

Prince George, Canada

#434643 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, many Popes were also married.
Like I said, its a Church rule that changed once and can change again. Its not sacred dogma.
If the popes continually changed dogmas to suit their own needs ... then it is easy to understand that they also changed the first dogmas from the religion of the Jews to suit their own needs.

After all the first Catholics were Jews that broke away from Judaism.

Why would they break away from the faith of Judaism and then claim that a Jew was their savior?

If you can't see the lies, you don't want to see.

Prince George, Canada

#434644 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to research what the Eucharist is and how we've come to believe it. It has nothing to do the Vatican, Rome or anything else but the teachings from the Apostles and the Bishops they ordained.
The eucharist is not Jewish, and the theology states that Jesus was and is a Jew.

Your supposed savior did not adhere to any Catholic dogma, because had he existed he would have been a devout Jewish Rabbi.

You insist on morphing the image of Jesus into a devout Catholic.

What IS the matter with you?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#434645 Apr 22, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>yes you will benefit,not going to get into the baby baptizing thing,cause we won't agree,but the child will do well in life even though learning skills are limited in most cases,but he can still have a normal life,and you will learn about another side of life.my best wishes to the child, and i still owe you a punch in the mouth (i haven't forgotten).
lol. You may intimidate your ex-girlfriend and ex-dog (who made the right decisions BTW), but I'd be happy to have a private conversation with you tough guy. Thanks for the kind words about my grandson.

Prince George, Canada

#434646 Apr 22, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
So have you heard of a woman giving birth to a chimp???
NO! Have YOU???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#434647 Apr 22, 2013
Arrogance has no bounderies. It just keeps going and going and going, as one after another self-proclaimed theologian brags of having solved the mysteries of how it all started and why we are here, and and how it will all end.

There is no hope that humans can with patience wait for the outcome. My guess is, it just won't happen.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Jefferson Bible … Thomas Jefferson … Introduction by Forrest Church … Afterword by Jaroslav Pelikan.

Working in the White House in 1804, Jefferson set out to edit the Gospels in order to uncover the essence of true religion

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#434648 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I would disagree. There is a pile of evidence from writings that clearly show what people were taught about the 'breaking of the bread' and it has nothing to do with Rome.
if as you say the teachings of Eucharist have "nothing to do with Rome", do you think a 'lay' protestant believer in Christ can partake of valid Communion in their own home with family and other believers, or does it require a ROMAN Priest to conduct the ceremony?

you seem to be avoiding this question....:-(
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434649 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the popes continually changed dogmas to suit their own needs ... then it is easy to understand that they also changed the first dogmas from the religion of the Jews to suit their own needs.
After all the first Catholics were Jews that broke away from Judaism.
Why would they break away from the faith of Judaism and then claim that a Jew was their savior?
If you can't see the lies, you don't want to see.
Popes can't change Church dogma. They do not have the authority.
You seem to be more concerned with 'getting an post out there' then actual facts.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#434650 Apr 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote about
"being in religion for so many years,"
Evidently you were into religion (like billions of others in the Roman Catholic Church)...but never born again ....in Christ...
Attempting to walk in religious piety.... while being led by your fleshly carnal nature...
Rom_8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
That scenario was never meant to be...
Billions of Roman Catholics are not born again? When did God give you the authority to declare this Pope Confrinting?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434651 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The eucharist is not Jewish, and the theology states that Jesus was and is a Jew.
Your supposed savior did not adhere to any Catholic dogma, because had he existed he would have been a devout Jewish Rabbi.
You insist on morphing the image of Jesus into a devout Catholic.
What IS the matter with you?
The Eucharist is the Lamb of God. Jesus. So I would say its Jewish. lol.

Maybe you ought learn what your opponents believe instead of telling us what we believe.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#434652 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to research what the Eucharist is and how we've come to believe it. It has nothing to do the Vatican, Rome or anything else but the teachings from the Apostles and the Bishops they ordained.
dear dear clay -

i've been through the entire Bible many many times and i've particpated in the true Lord's Supper/Communion countless times over a few decades now, but i have not yet encountered the Roman/Vatican imposed "Eucharist" or the associated transubstantiation since i've renounced my allegiance to Babylon/Rome.

Prince George, Canada

#434653 Apr 22, 2013
The first Catholics were Jews.

Why would they preach that the savior of "ONLY" Catholics was a Jew?

The reason was ... there were no Catholics IN Judaism ... THAT is why. They HAD to use the story of a Jewish savior to start their new religion. They had no other choice.

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..

Christianity had its birth in Judaism. For a hundred years those within and without Christianity considered it a sect of Judaism, so close were the ties.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#434654 Apr 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if as you say the teachings of Eucharist have "nothing to do with Rome", do you think a 'lay' protestant believer in Christ can partake of valid Communion in their own home with family and other believers, or does it require a ROMAN Priest to conduct the ceremony?
This is priceless!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434656 Apr 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
It would require a validly ordained Priest via Apostolic succession. It could be an Eastern Orthodox Priest.(Their Bishops are valid too)

Roman Priest?? I don't know what that is.

And no, a Protestant family can not have the Eucharist in their own home. The Apostle Paul clearly states its for those only, who accept the things the Apostles taught.
Besides, why would they bother talking it when they don't believe in it?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434657 Apr 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all 'New Age' is "touchy, feely".
This is the morality that has been instilled by generations of those who don't understand the various beliefs.
Sure it may be a good thing to be "touchy-feely", but in truth, it is mainly just a mental change to how we believe in, what we believe in, and how we apply it.
If one lives in love, has as a happy-go-lucky life, and is kind and helpful to others - would you consider this to be New Age?
I know of Atheists whom are like this.
It's like the morality that is instilled with marijuana - wrong.
Is Hell simply the absence of God, or is it fire and torment as the Bible says?

New Age Christians today say it's not fire and torment.

This stuff is always changing to fit the culture and the times.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#434658 Apr 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
What do you say to the Atheist that might say something like this:
"How come you preach the Bible as the foundation of Christianity, when Jesus never did and His Apostles never did?
Why does your Bible only have 66 Books but the Catholic has 73. Who determined what should be 'the Bible'?
How come you preach something different about the Bible then what the first Christians understood?
Why do you reject the science that shows the Earth being millions of yrs old?
How come you continuously accuse Catholics of Idolatry when they explained to you that they do not?
If you're going to claim to be specially called by God to preach the Bible, then you can't run from these questions. Are you legit or are you a fraud?
The Bible IS the foundation of Christianity. Jesus referred to the O.T. scriptures often...explaining to the Apostles how that prophecy was being fulfilled in Him. He declared to satan's temptation that "It is WRITTEN". He trusted the scriptures; why shouldn't I?
Science is a STUDY FOR TRUTH; not a factual revelation.
Catholics claim that they do not worship statues...even while they are in the act. What you do is more important than what you say.
What I preach comes from the WORDS OF THE APOSTLES. You can't get more authentic...
The preaching of the apostles was recorded by those who heard them and by those they taught. They all say your preaching is a false gospel. Why anyone listens to you and your perversion is beyond me, maybe you scream at them the way you do here and they're intimidated. Maybe you're a hyena in hyena's clothing. lol.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#434659 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in the existence of a creator, but I leave the idea open that there's always more to learn.
James Randi is an absolute skeptic who leaves nothing to imagination. I don't want to be THAT rigid, because then I won't be open to new ideas whatsoever.
Just because I believe something, doesn't make what I believe into absolute truth. Maybe absolute truth doesn't even exist. I don't know.
Then why are you arguing about someone you don't believe.
Why waste all your time posting spam, I guess you don't have a clear thought of your own
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434660 Apr 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
dear dear clay -
i've been through the entire Bible many many times and i've particpated in the true Lord's Supper/Communion countless times over a few decades now, but i have not yet encountered the Roman/Vatican imposed "Eucharist" or the associated transubstantiation since i've renounced my allegiance to Babylon/Rome.
Well that's too bad. You'll probably never partake in the Eucharist since you evidently do not believe in it. Or worse, you re defined it. Now its just some kinda koolaid type thingy you guys do for show. I dunno.

Prince George, Canada

#434661 Apr 22, 2013
The Catholics that broke away from Judaism could not manifest a savior out of thin air.

After all, that savior had to come from the Jewish prophets ... RIGHT?

And the Jewish prophets were JEWS.

So the savior of the Catholics HAD to be a Jew.

There was NO way around it for those Jewish scam-artists that wanted to start their own religion.

If they could have figured out how to make their image of a savior into a Catholic, no doubt they would have ... but it wasn't possible.

So after all these centuries, they are stuck with their silly story, that a Jew was sent to earth by a Jewish God to save ONLY Catholics.

Athanasian Creed

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434662 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Popes can't change Church dogma. They do not have the authority.
You seem to be more concerned with 'getting an post out there' then actual facts.
Ever hear of Infallible Teachings?

Mary went bodily to Heaven, according to infallible Papal decree, around 1872 I believe.

Check it out. Popes can change dogma. You might go to Hell for choosing to disavow nonsensical Papal decrees. Yikes.

A long time burning in Purgatory at the very least. But you can shorten or buy your way out of that.

Jesus never mentioned that benefit of being rich.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 31 min Catholic24 84,283
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 1 hr Paul Porter1 237
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web