Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,750
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#434547 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If your supposed god gave free will and he decides that we must burn in hell ... THAT is NOT free will.
~~~

God has offered you an escape through the sacrifice of His only begotten Son ...Who died that you would not have to..

You refuse God's substitute for you ...that is your own Choice...

You can't blame any one but you self...if you end up in eternal

separation from God....

The escape is ...

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

YOUR CHOICE....

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434548 Apr 21, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments were far too many to address without my writing a post equally as long, so I will just comment that I believe that without religion people would be just as cruel, but if people opted out of religion, theologians would not be able to lead others into the idea that gods want them to harass others with words of being evil, or to kill, which throughout history has been the ploy of theologians many times over.

Augustine promoted the Just War Theory and followers didn't even catch on to the idea that it WAS just a theory rather than a god's truth ... and so they spilled blood because they didn't use their reason.

Religion has never been good and it will never be anything but trouble, as people argue over who has the correct myths and whose myths are false ... of all the ridiculous pastimes.

Prince George, Canada

#434549 Apr 21, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?
The Answer
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.
Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:
1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell,then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it?
I read it before, but thank you for posting it again.

#434550 Apr 21, 2013
who="jethro8" look i get your point,but it does not fit this situation,we are talking about a new born baby,that was born with a birth defect,not a serious one,but none the less the child has it and if god is the creator of life, he gave this child the illness,for some reason he thought it necessary to give this child a sisability,why? the child obviously has done nothing wrong, so why do this to him? or any child?

God doesn't 'give disabilities' to anyone. All such things are the result of something people do. Drugs the mother takes, disease, etc.

KM

#434551 Apr 21, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
A good little book recommended and sold in most catholic apoloogetic libraries. If you believe it somehow demolishes the faith or teachings of Catholics and they tremble at the thought of what is in it you are sorely mistaken.
It is almost comical the claims that are made by so many that are not remotely truthful in what Catholics really believe about a Pope. I know he is supposed to fart lightning bolts and every word that comes out of his mouth his infallible and they are sinless and impeccable in all things unlike the apostles, and whatever he makes up Catholics automatically believe, but then there is reality. lol
The bible fell out of the sky and now each individual person knows what it really says 2000 years later. There was no church that compiled books and decided what was truth those guys that did just got everything wrong and they had too many books in it. I think it was to heavy to carry or the rate at the printing press invented by a Catholic was just to high? Just throwing out another fact like those that are read in here daily. Its pretty funny.
Yeah some guy decided that pagans just got mixed in with a twist forgetting that more than a few Gentiles circumsized including the Egyptians before Jews did. The days of the week named after gods, rice at weddings. Pantheons of gods claimed to be the same as the Trinity. Round hosts? Oh wait they were shaped as animals and folded over and stars and other things too, but the Catholics just copied it, but then the Jews offered round shaped cakes too. Any artist who depicted a child in the arms of the Mother. Well that for sure couldnt be an expression of family on any level by any artist which tries to convey something with their art. No its clearly simply pagan. No graven images in the temple built by solomon with palm trees, bulls on the entrance and the angels carved. lol
Some non believer says well since some cultures who had similar beliefs or stories see its all pagans. Well if its all fallacy then why bring up fallacies as the argument against another fallacy. I can make the same claim. Someone borrowed the fallacy that there can be no true God because cultures all borrowed it from somewhere. So noone who did not believe in a god ever existed anywhere in the world and they came to their own conclusion or was it an idea borrowed? Well that guy believed this. This guy believed in philosophy. This guy taught we are all gods, this guy didnt believe in any system of govt. This guy says noone should be in charge of anything. Hey who dictates what law anyone should obey. After all ones man law is another mans bind. Why wear clothes? Some guy made up we need clothes and shoes so they could sell stuff. Stinking drinking ages? Who says I cant do drugs? Who says you have to obey parents? Atheists the great moralists in an immoral world each with their own right way and path. If there were only no myths of gods that would for sure be the answer to everything and people would not war anymore the machine on star trek would be developed and we could generate food with the press of a button. For sure slavery would have never existed and the love would have flowed endlessly.
Jethro from the beverly hillbillies in here sho has dun a whole heapa learnin and is extremely tough wanting to punch someone in the face and mocking people for interpreting the bible on their own while he does it himself with absolutely refusal to even look at any argument on the other side. Good stuff! BJ Boy Jenius as the real Jethro would say. He plum graduated from Harvard in bugtussle clear up to the 6th grade. Yee doggie that boy is the brains in the family and ciphering is his legacy. Well he is a big fan of yours. No telling what you could get him to do for you. Good luck.
~~~
Ecc_12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#434552 Apr 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="jethro8" look i get your point,but it does not fit this situation,we are talking about a new born baby,that was born with a birth defect,not a serious one,but none the less the child has it and if god is the creator of life, he gave this child the illness,for some reason he thought it necessary to give this child a sisability,why? the child obviously has done nothing wrong, so why do this to him? or any child?
God doesn't 'give disabilities' to anyone. All such things are the result of something people do. Drugs the mother takes, disease, etc.
KM
Even the disabled have a purpose in God's plan.

Prince George, Canada

#434553 Apr 21, 2013
The Precarious Vision Peter L. Berger A sociologist looks at social fictions and Christian faith Published 1961.

To be human means to live with inconclusive information on the ultimate meaning of things.

Prince George, Canada

#434554 Apr 21, 2013
KM
Are you insinuating that every baby born with problems stems from parents that didn't behave in a proper way?

That is a very archaic attitude.

My guess is, cells simply do their own things and that means humans are often surprised by differences in cell formations.

Prince George, Canada

#434555 Apr 21, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the disabled have a purpose in God's plan.
If a god had a decent plan we wouldn't have human bodies that always result in one type of suffering or another.

A perfect god would have kept us safe in the god's care ... perfect as the god is perfect.

Religion is based on nonsense.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434556 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you insinuating that every baby born with problems stems from parents that didn't behave in a proper way?
That is a very archaic attitude.
My guess is, cells simply do their own things and that means humans are often surprised by differences in cell formations.
That is not supported by science, so where did you come up with this fantasy?

Prince George, Canada

#434557 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Ecc_12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ridiculous blather written by hairy old men.

Men wanted you to fear their words, so you would be their puppet on a string.

A loving parent would never want you to feel fear. That is just warped theology ... and there is no other type OF theology.

Prince George, Canada

#434558 Apr 21, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not supported by science, so where did you come up with this fantasy?
The human body is created from cells.

We start out as one cell and the cells keep multiplying and dividing to create more cells. Some cells die and other cells clear the dead cells out of our bodies. And as we age, the cells are sometimes not strong enough to fight disease, and when there are more dead cells than lives ones ... we die.

Some babies are simply born to die, and others are born dead.

It's nature's way.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434559 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We start out as one cell and the cells keep multiplying and dividing to create more cells. Some cells die and other cells clear the dead cells out of our bodies. And as we age, the cells are sometimes not strong enough to fight disease, and when there are more dead cells than lives ones ... we die.
It's nature's way.
Again, science does not support your false claim.

The human body is NOT created from cells. The human body CONTAINS cells.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#434560 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nature's way.
Now I know there's a full moon.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#434561 Apr 21, 2013
A.D. 95 Clement of Rome mentioned at least eight New Testament books
A.D. 108 Polycarp, a disciple of John the apostle, acknowledged 15 books
100-147. JUSTIN MARTYR, mentions the Gospels as being four in number and quotes from them and some of the epistles of Paul and Revelation.
A.D. 115 Ignatius of Antioch acknowledged about seven books
A.D. 117 Polycarp's Letter to the Philippians written prior to, quotes John, Acts, Romans, I Corinthians, II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, II Thessalonians, I Timothy, II Timothy, Hebrews, James and I John.
165-220. CLEMENT, OF ALEXANDRIA, names all the books of the New Testament before any Council except Philemon, James, 2 Peter and 3 John. In addition we are told by Eusebius, who had the works of Clement, that he gave explanations and quotations from all the canonical books.
A.D. 170-235 Hippolytus recognized 22 books. The New Testament books receiving the most controversy were Hebrews, James, 2 Peter, 2 John, and 3 John.
BY 170 AD THE WHOLE CHURCH FROM ASIA TO AFRICA HAD IN THEIR POSSESSION THE COMPLETED BIBLE (2 PETER WAS STILL CONSIDERED).
A.D. 185 Irenaeus mentioned 21 books and quoted from them
160-240. Turtullian, contemporary of Origen and Clement, mentions all the New Testament books except 2 Peter, James and 2 John.
cir. 195-202 IRENAEUS also quotes from, or alludes to, almost all the documents that become the orthodox NT
325 Ad Athanasius, in the council of Niacea in. Which debated the deity of Christ against the rising heresies referred to all 27 books of the New Testament calling them the springs of salvation
367 "The books that comprise the New Testament that all Christians have acknowledged since the fourth century may have been first given BY ATHANASIUS, BISHOP OF ALEXANDRIA, IN A LETTER.
BESIDES THE ABOVE, THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS HAVE HANDED DOWN IN THEIR WRITINGS QUOTATIONS FROM ALL THE NEW TESTAMENT BOOKS SO MUCH SO THAT IT IS SAID THAT THE ENTIRE NEW TESTAMENT CAN BE REPRODUCED FROM THEIR WRITINGS ALONE.
We find the New Testament extensively quoted from the writings of the early church fathers, whom were pastors and apologists (evangelists).
By the time we come to the end of the second century and look at the citations of CLEMENT OF ALEXANDRIA (writings cir. 195-202) and TERTULLIAN (writings cir. 205-225) we find hundreds of references from almost every NT document.
One can take the citations from Clement and Tertullian and reconstruct the entire NT excluding the 4 or 5 small epistles which they neglect. Indeed, From this point forward we find an increasing number of fathers writings great numbers of documents filled with biblical citations.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434562 Apr 21, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
A.D. 95 Clement of Rome mentioned at least eight New Testament books
A.D. 108 Polycarp, a disciple of John the apostle, acknowledged 15 books
100-147. JUSTIN MARTYR, mentions the Gospels as being four in number and quotes from them and some of the epistles of Paul and Revelation.
A.D. 115 Ignatius of Antioch acknowledged about seven books
A.D. 117 Polycarp's Letter to the Philippians written prior to, quotes John, Acts, Romans, I Corinthians, II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, II Thessalonians, I Timothy, II Timothy, Hebrews, James and I John.
165-220. CLEMENT, OF ALEXANDRIA, names all the books of the New Testament before any Council except Philemon, James, 2 Peter and 3 John. In addition we are told by Eusebius, who had the works of Clement, that he gave explanations and quotations from all the canonical books.
A.D. 170-235 Hippolytus recognized 22 books. The New Testament books receiving the most controversy were Hebrews, James, 2 Peter, 2 John, and 3 John.
BY 170 AD THE WHOLE CHURCH FROM ASIA TO AFRICA HAD IN THEIR POSSESSION THE COMPLETED BIBLE (2 PETER WAS STILL CONSIDERED).
A.D. 185 Irenaeus mentioned 21 books and quoted from them
160-240. Turtullian, contemporary of Origen and Clement, mentions all the New Testament books except 2 Peter, James and 2 John.
cir. 195-202 IRENAEUS also quotes from, or alludes to, almost all the documents that become the orthodox NT
325 Ad Athanasius, in the council of Niacea in. Which debated the deity of Christ against the rising heresies referred to all 27 books of the New Testament calling them the springs of salvation
367 "The books that comprise the New Testament that all Christians have acknowledged since the fourth century may have been first given BY ATHANASIUS, BISHOP OF ALEXANDRIA, IN A LETTER.
BESIDES THE ABOVE, THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS HAVE HANDED DOWN IN THEIR WRITINGS QUOTATIONS FROM ALL THE NEW TESTAMENT BOOKS SO MUCH SO THAT IT IS SAID THAT THE ENTIRE NEW TESTAMENT CAN BE REPRODUCED FROM THEIR WRITINGS ALONE.
We find the New Testament extensively quoted from the writings of the early church fathers, whom were pastors and apologists (evangelists).
By the time we come to the end of the second century and look at the citations of CLEMENT OF ALEXANDRIA (writings cir. 195-202) and TERTULLIAN (writings cir. 205-225) we find hundreds of references from almost every NT document.
One can take the citations from Clement and Tertullian and reconstruct the entire NT excluding the 4 or 5 small epistles which they neglect. Indeed, From this point forward we find an increasing number of fathers writings great numbers of documents filled with biblical citations.
Now this is from someone that has taken due diligence in research and not just spewing propaganda.
truth

Perth, Australia

#434563 Apr 22, 2013
How many house you have?
you say many many many..
hm
How many window you have?
window=prozor =pro z or=proverb 1;26
http://bible.cc/proverbs/1-26.htm
i just return from city i been on top k park..
i still watching something..
say again please about nose..
read z=26 last letter
why i say that
forgive me if you could
i drove something deference

nice paronama=its when you looking but on deference way ..yes.
Please tell me whats deference between paranoja and paranoma..
truth

Perth, Australia

#434564 Apr 22, 2013
water light spirit=light
truth

Perth, Australia

#434565 Apr 22, 2013
Did you see that man..who..i mean symbolically..
its exist but not..in reality..each symbol exist..yep so visible..only who is with paranoja can see..smart simple past as well never see nothing.
truth

Perth, Australia

#434566 Apr 22, 2013
water light spirit=life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 13 hr PopeIsDemon 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Dec 26 QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web