Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
418,821 - 418,840 of 539,079 Comments Last updated 32 min ago

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#434506 Apr 21, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly boggles the mind to think that Catholics believe the Pope can completely ignore the word of God and do whatever he wants.
The Pope DOES NOT IGNORE THE WORD OF GOD.

“Jesus chose the apostles to be the earthly leaders of the Church. He gave them his own authority to teach and to govern—not as dictators, but as loving pastors and fathers.

Jesus assured the apostles and their successors, the popes and the bishops, "He who listens to you listens to me, and he who rejects you rejects me" (Luke 10:16). Jesus promised to guide his Church into all truth (John 16:12–13).”

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434507 Apr 21, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a homosexual June
No ... I am heterosexual.

Prince George, Canada

#434508 Apr 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
LAST MONDAY IN BOSTON MASS... We here in America witnessed the work of
Your God...
How any one (in their right mind) could give him their obedience is beyond my comprehension..
You might say you don't serve him...BUT THERE IS NO NEUTRAL POSITION..
WHEN YOU TURN AGAINST GOD... YOU SERVE.... THE DEVIL.....
YOU WITNESS WHAT THE DEVIL DID.... TO THOSE THAT LISTENED AND OBEYED
HIM...
ONE IS ALREADY IN HELL AND THE OTHER ONE WILL FOLLOW SOON..
JESUS SAID OF HIMSELF...(Tho men sometimes misrepresent Him and do other wise...)
Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
When you perceive why you are not a Muslim, you will understand why I am not a Christian.

And when you perceive that all religion is based on fantasy, including yours ... you will understand why I am no longer in religion ... period!

Prince George, Canada

#434509 Apr 21, 2013
Christians will burn in Islam's hell for not being Muslim.

The reason I know that is true, is because millions of Muslims believe it is true.

:)

#434510 Apr 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The first Christians continued to observe the 7th day Sabbath. They met a few times on Sunday but this was not the Sabbath.
These sabbath arguments are made here: Sabbath Zone
www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/...
and here: www.sabbathtosundaychange.com
The Sabbath is one of God's 10C laws to commemorate creation and the Creator once every week.
The first Christians called Catholics worshiped daily. Your argument is not with Catholics b/c we can worship daily as the first Christians did.

Even the SDA had doubts about Saturday worship
Confusion among SDA ---- What? some worship on *Sunday???????

“There also is a lot of confusion among Seventh-day Adventist themselves. Their problems are compounded by the fact that over the past two decades, deep divisions or factions have developed within the SDA.
The Christian Research Institute states:

Those who follow Adventism closely know that the last two decades have been characterized by a deep internal conflict which has divided the denomination and left many Adventist [sic] disillusioned. Today, there are various divisions and factions within SDA. Some wish that Adventism would fully enter into the evangelical mainstream, while maintaining certain Adventist distinctives. Others, the more traditional or fundamentalist Adventists often reject portions of Question on Doctrine and seek to hold on to several heresies which arose early in the Adventist movement, such as the
investigative judgment, the sinful nature of Christ, and viewing Ellen G. White as the

infallible interpreter of Scripture. It is the division of Adventism, who often refer to

themselves as "the remnant church," or God's exclusive agent, that CRI would regard as being cultic. Some within this camp would anathematize all of Protestantism, arguing that

As *Sunday-keepers they will receive the mark of the beast just prior to Christ's second

coming. Admisttedly, this is the extreme part of SDA, but nevertheless well-represented.

THE CRISIS THAT EXIST WITHIN SDA TODAY ESSENTIALLY CENTERS AROUND THE INVESTIGATIVE JUDMENT, AN UNBIBLICAL DOCTRINE WHICH SEVERLY COMPROMISES IF NOT OUTRIGHT DENIES THE BIBLICAL DOCTRINE OF JUSTIFICATION OF FAITH.
Second only to the investigative judgment issue is the all-encompassing question of the inspiration and authority of the writings of Ellen G. white. The controversy which has raged regarding the writings of Mrs. White has undoubtedly shaken the entire structure of SDA.

It is out sincere hope that this 5 million member church body, which has historically been a mixture of orthodox and heretical doctrine, will move toward a more soundly biblical position and away from the doctrinal errors it has held in the past. It is our hope that the leadership of SDA will lead its people out of all forms of legalism and into the liberty that results from being justified by God's grace through faith alone (Eph. 2:8-9).
Source: Seventh-day Adventism”

#434511 Apr 21, 2013
Have a happy Sunday everyone. Time to enjoy the rest of the day.

Prince George, Canada

#434512 Apr 21, 2013
So Christians that refuse to become Muslims will CHOOSE to burn in Islam's hell.

It was written, so it HAS to be based on truth.

Here ya go Christians ... this is YOUR fate in the afterlife.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……

We all heard about Hell. That was what Quran school was mostly about: Hell and all the mistakes that could put us there. The Quran lists Hell’s torments in vivid detail: sores, boiling water, peeling skin, burning flesh, dissolving bowels, the everlasting fires that burns you forever, for as your flesh chars and your juices boil, you form new skin. These details overpower you, ensuring you will obey.

Sister Aziza told us it was our duty to convert our Christian classmates. She told us it was the only way to spare our friends the pain of Hell.

Prince George, Canada

#434513 Apr 21, 2013
StarC wrote:
Have a happy Sunday everyone. Time to enjoy the rest of the day.
Make sure that Allah knows you are faithful to him.

According to the truth ... Muslim-hell makes Christian hell seem TAME.

Prince George, Canada

#434514 Apr 21, 2013
OH ... but WAIT ... here is yet another TRUTH.

Apparently this hell is ice-cold.

Gee ... with all these truths offered us in religion, we simply can't go wrong.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The state of the Hell of Zamhareer is a suffering of extreme coldness, of blizzards and freeze ... These winds, these extremes of temperatures, this ice and snow are signs amongst the signs of Allaah.

http://www.crescentyouth.com/board/showthread ...

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#434515 Apr 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its this simple Mike: When my youngest was diagnosed with Autism, I shook my fist at God. But after time, i realized these kids with disabilities are very close to Him. They are physically and sometimes mentally separate from us. But their lives are so pure. Spiritually, thats how we're meant to be. People like you are so attached to Earthly material things that you lost sight of the big picture. My Son reminds me of humility, love and peace.
This life is quick, it moves past us in a blink. God knows that. He knows what's in store for people like my Son after they die too. He allowed Him to have this disability and carry his cross for a few yrs for a reason. I see that reason and I also see the face of Christ when I look into his eyes. Its something folks like you can't fathom. You're that far removed from God right now.
Clay, I'm sorry to hear of your son's problem. But I think you're right - oftentimes people with disabilities are drawn closer to God than those without disabilities. That hasn't happened to me yet though. I remain discouraged and depressed. Please pray for me. Thank you.

Prince George, Canada

#434516 Apr 21, 2013
And here's the REAL truth

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Naraka (nar a ka). In Hindu mythology and Buddhism, the place of torture for departed evil-doers. It consist of many kinds of hells, hot and cold.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#434517 Apr 21, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
The first Christians called Catholics worshiped daily. Your argument is not with Catholics b/c we can worship daily as the first Christians did.
When was the last time you read your bible? Believer's were first called "Christians" in Antioch. And why? Because the were followers of the Christ, not the Catholic church.

Prince George, Canada

#434518 Apr 21, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time you read your bible? Believer's were first called "Christians" in Antioch. And why? Because the were followers of the Christ, not the Catholic church.
The Catholic hierarchy created the doctrines in the new testament that you refer to as "truth."

Now you want to knock the Catholics off the Christian "map."

Greedy ... or what?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#434519 Apr 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your concern. As I said, he was baptized as soon as possible and he is now assured salvation. We, his family, will benefit from his life with us.
yes you will benefit,not going to get into the baby baptizing thing,cause we won't agree,but the child will do well in life even though learning skills are limited in most cases,but he can still have a normal life,and you will learn about another side of life.my best wishes to the child, and i still owe you a punch in the mouth (i haven't forgotten).

Prince George, Canada

#434520 Apr 21, 2013
Let me see now ... as I have my choice of hells from which to choose, I think I'll choose a cold hell.

OH ... WAIT ... I forgot for a moment that real choice means I can tell the deity that I don't want to burn in hell, and the deity will be certain to give me free will, as promised.

I realize from the teaching of the theologians that the deities never lie.

usa

#434521 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Jehovah already saved the Jews. Jesus won't save Jews ... and the 12th Imam of the Muslims that the Muslims expect any day ... won't save any body but Muslims.
who is going to save you an I??

usa

#434522 Apr 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
God will not violate the free will of man...
man Packs his own lunch...
The Bible says...
Ecc_10:8 He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.
If a Man willfully steps out of the hedge that God has placed around Him (as protection against the devil)...God will not violate that man's will and stop him,
Such a man is fair game for what ever the devil wants to do..
There are untold numbers that do their own thing refuse God"s protection.
For example ...God has forbidden idolatry but the Roman Catholic Church
thumbs their noses at Him..deliberately provoke Him .and they will have
hell to pay.
They think they know more than God...and their willful sin cost them dearly...
They whine and cry about the miserable result...but they are creating
their own dilemna by their disobedience...I tell them and give them
scriptures to validate what I write....
but their idolatry means more to them than their own welfare...They
break the hedge by choice...
The Book of Romans says it is the cause of the sexual perversion in their Church...But they could not care less..
The last verses of the first chapter of Romans tells them what it bring upon the rest of the world...but their pride means more to them that being obedient to God's word.
Read it for your self
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 ---> And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. <---
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
(THEY ALSO WROTE THEIR OWN ROAD MAP TP HEAVEN...DISREGARDING GOD'S WORD)
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
(AS THE RESULT OF THEIR DISOBEDIENCE)
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
(THE IMPACT THAT THEIR SINS HAVE UPON THE EARTHIS WRITTEN HHERE)
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
THESE Things .....just don't happen they are caused...BY IDOLATRY.
ok i get your point,but it does not fit this situation,we are talking about a new born baby,that was born with a birth defect,not a serious one,but none the less the child has it and if god is the creator of life, he gave this child the illness,for some reason he thought it necessary to give this child a sisability,why? the child obviously has done nothing wrong, so why do this to him? or any child?

usa

#434523 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is certain to say ... whatever you want it to say
Ego controls all believers ... who preach that they know the right way
lmao i like it,it's accurate,it's been proven here for sure.

Prince George, Canada

#434524 Apr 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>who is going to save you an I??
We don't need to be saved. Rumor has it that the deity gave us free will, and that means when we cross over, we will just ask whichever deity is in charge if we can go the side of the holy ones and reap the reward of eternal bliss, and the deity will be obliged to give us that free will.

I started teaching that free-will class just the other day, and already the money is rolling in.

Clay

United States

#434525 Apr 21, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
The Churches of Christ described in the Bible were all Universal Churches in communion with each other. They were not separate bodies.
Universal=Catholic.

"wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop, therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God, Thus will be safe and valid."

Bishop of Antioch, Ignatius. Disciples of the Apostle John 90AD. Martyrdom in 110AD

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••