Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653883 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434761 Apr 22, 2013
If only these theological wizards would agree, I might have faith that I could follow any one of them and would be assured of finding eternal bliss.

But as their bickering shatters my faith in the idea that through their words I will find enlightenment, I perceive it's quite unlikely that a deity gave them wisdom.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#434762 Apr 22, 2013
The brahmins preach quite the dogma. I just wonder about their sermons claiming that others in their groups are "untouchable."

There's something quite unsettling about the issue.

It smacks too much about the theological teaching that being holy is the opposite of being evil.

Quesnel, Canada

#434763 Apr 22, 2013
Now it happens that inconsistencies and puzzles in science are like oxygen to my blood! My entire philosophy of science is predicated on the motto that anomalies are gateways to discovery.

Rand Flem-Ath

Quesnel, Canada

#434764 Apr 22, 2013
Theology 101

"Well, now that my physical body has died, I'm here God. How are you going to judge me? Am I holy, or am I evil?"

"You're evil, so you must burn in hell."

"Don't I have any day in court?"

"NO ... I am God ... I have the final say."

"Then you're a bully. On earth I could hire a lawyer and at least have a chance of being set free."

"The devil is my lawyer, so shut up and get busy burning."

"Now I know why I should have been a modern Pagan. The goddess that loves every body would never have treated me this way."

"I am God, and I did away with the goddess years ago. She was nothing but a subservient female that got in my way."

"I want to go back to earth."

"You can't. I am the god of the Jews, and I rule all of the universe."

"PLEASE ... HAVE MERCY ... I DON'T WANT TO BURN FOR ETERNITY."

SIZZLE ... SIZZLE ... SIZZLE ...

Amen

Quesnel, Canada

#434765 Apr 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you,
YEEEEESSSS???... you were saying ... GOD's faithful helper???

Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434766 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is allowed to register in their thinking but their religious indoctrinations.
It applies to those in all cults who believe they will be rewarded with bliss and ONLY bliss for behaving comparable to trained seals on earth.
Trained seals with "free will."

Quesnel, Canada

#434767 Apr 22, 2013
The "wild" settlers were all Christians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Actually, the Mounted Police were formed to protect the Indians from the wild settlers.

Pierre Berton
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434768 Apr 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Literally.
"Instead of being tortured mercilessly for eternity, you'll now just be lonely. "
- I'll take being lonely.
:o)
Agreed. I'd take lonely too.

The big theological question for the Catholic church is:

... what happens to all the poor souls who were condemned to the old version of Hell? Do they get a transfer?

What does the catechism say?
confrinting

Carlisle, PA

#434769 Apr 22, 2013
who="Clay"
thank you.
I gotta admit, your following quote is troubling:
"Clay, repent and receive Christ by faith, and stop trying to please God with keeping certain rules and doing good works...you'll never make it"
I don't get it. That doesn't seem like something the Apostles would tell people. If that is your motto, its not good. I believe that mentality ushered in the problems our society has today. Everyone seems to boast they're 'saved' while hustling money and pimping hoes.
If you were to tell your niece that, and she turns from the Eucharist, you are going to be held responsible for that. This teaching of yours is against Jesus Christ. Its new and strange, Chuck.
Someone who belongs to a group known worldwide for molesting boys, I don't think you are in a position to accuse anyone of 'pimping hoes'.
We have an occasional wreck...but it's not wholesale, and most I've known are SAINTS.
KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#434771 Apr 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Billions of Roman Catholics are not born again? When did God give you the authority to declare this Pope Confrinting?
What gives you the authority to say they are?...Pope Anthony ?
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434772 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The "wild" settlers were all Christians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Actually, the Mounted Police were formed to protect the Indians from the wild settlers.
Pierre Berton
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
God created Adam out of the earth, and Eve out of Adam's rib.
That means that Adam had sex with his own rib.
Now THAT is an original sin.
You would think after 70 years one would have been aware of this,

Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc (Literally: "After this, therefore because of this"): This type of false cause occurs when the writer mistakenly assumes that, because the first event preceded the second event, it must mean the first event caused the later one. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. It is the honest writer's job to establish clearly that connection rather than merely assert it exists. Example:

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434773 Apr 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
blasphemy: vilification (especially against God):--blasphemy, evil speaking, railing.
vilification: a rude expression intended to offend or hurt;
For the sake of your soul, I pray that God will not view your vomit in the same light I do...
A delusion should at least be reasonable.

How is it not blasphemy by claiming the Creator of the Universe is somehow "jealous" and "envious" of its own creation?

If you had a fish tank, would you ever have reason to get jealous and envious of your fish?

Of course not. It is equally unreasonable to claim God get jealous and envious of us.

And compared to God, we humans are much, much lower than your fish.

Get it yet? Stop the blasphemy!

Quesnel, Canada

#434774 Apr 22, 2013
Religion developed to spare men against their consciences.

Harold Adams Innis

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#434775 Apr 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
What gives you the authority to say they are?...Pope Anthony ?
~~~

Jesus said

Mat_7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

______

Luk 13:22 And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem.

Luk 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.

Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

Luk 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Luk 13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

Luk 13:30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

~~~Jesus said......that you that claim to be first (the one truly apostate Church) will be last
confrinting

Carlisle, PA

#434776 Apr 22, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion"
A delusion should at least be reasonable.
How is it not blasphemy by claiming the Creator of the Universe is somehow "jealous" and "envious" of its own creation?
If you had a fish tank, would you ever have reason to get jealous and envious of your fish?
Of course not. It is equally unreasonable to claim God get jealous and envious of us.
And compared to God, we humans are much, much lower than your fish.
Get it yet? Stop the blasphemy!

God is not jealous OF us, but jealous FOR us. He objects to anything that wounds us or reduces us from the good plans He has for us.

KayMarie

Quesnel, Canada

#434777 Apr 22, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
... what happens to all the poor souls who were condemned to the old version of Hell? Do they get a transfer?
Oh I doubt that once the sinners start burning that the devil would allow god to heal them back up again.

For instance when they cast Joan of arc into the fiery pits of hell, and all those centuries later canonized her as a saint, she would have been quite unrecognizable, and would scare the be-jeepers out Jehovah.

Quesnel, Canada

#434778 Apr 22, 2013
confrinting wrote:
God is not jealous OF us, but jealous FOR us.
If the god is not jealous of you, that means he doesn't give a rat's ass whether or not you flirt with other gods or goddesses, as he has high self-esteem.

Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434779 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I doubt that once the sinners start burning that the devil would allow god to heal them back up again.
For instance when they cast Joan of arc into the fiery pits of hell, and all those centuries later canonized her as a saint, she would have been quite unrecognizable, and would scare the be-jeepers out Jehovah.
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Now THAT is an original sin.
You would think after 70 years one would have been aware of this,

Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc (Literally: "After this, therefore because of this"): This type of false cause occurs when the writer mistakenly assumes that, because the first event preceded the second event, it must mean the first event caused the later one. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. It is the honest writer's job to establish clearly that connection rather than merely assert it exists. Example:

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>

Quesnel, Canada

#434780 Apr 22, 2013
If you have personalized your god, wouldn't you want the god to be jealous of you???

After all, if the god said "Go ahead and believe in Allah, I don't care one way or the other" ... wouldn't you be confused and offended by such an attitude?

Clay

Garden City, MI

#434781 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your son take the eucharist Clay..if he doesn't what happens to him? Has he been baptized...if he hasn't what happens to him?
**Teach my niece repentance and faith in Christ. What a terrible thing....
Yes my son takes the Eucharist and is Baptized. He is ten, and I'm not sure if he's sinned yet.

you told me to repent, come to Jesus and don't worry about following certain rules or doing good works to please God.. "you'll never make it".

Chuck, that sounds like it came straight from a demon. I would encourage you to re-think your position. Its wrong.

I will make it and I'll do my best to worship and please God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 23 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web