Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
418,801 - 418,820 of 539,079 Comments Last updated 33 min ago
Clay

United States

#434486 Apr 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Right!
Who writes stories for the first time and the story only written by one very small select group of men! hundreds of years after this most important person died?
There is nothing written by anyone else from the entire mediteranean during 4 BCE to 30 AD about a godman miracle working Jesus. Devastating!
Imagine that today we learn or hear about the civil war for the very first time, and only from a small select group of people. That is how the bible was presented.
........makes no common sense.
Everyone by virtue of their birth is aware of a creator. From there, it gets to be an investigative journey.

And don't kid yourself Mike. If God physically appeared in the sky this afternoon, you'd probably acknowledged His existence, but you would speak out against His views on social issues. You would still reject Him!

That's why its up to us to prove ourselves to God. Not the other way around ..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434487 Apr 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Right!
Who writes stories for the first time and the story only written by one very small select group of men! hundreds of years after this most important person died?
There is nothing written by anyone else from the entire mediteranean during 4 BCE to 30 AD about a godman miracle working Jesus. Devastating!
Imagine that today we learn or hear about the civil war for the very first time, and only from a small select group of people. That is how the bible was presented.
........makes no common sense.
Well ... they got away with it ... and that was their AIM.

From my perspective, it wasn't by chance that they didn't compile the data of the new testament until the fourth century.

Prince George, Canada

#434488 Apr 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would God create something that looks like this? For what purpose? For us to make fun of?
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals...
We are all children of nature. Sometimes nature doesn't get it right.
Why would any God create this below....for what upside purpose!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VMzK6iz6uVsXX
If a creator exists ... it is a sadist!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#434489 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I brought what I just posted on another thread over here in hopes that these Christians will understand how theologians manipulated and continue to manipulate religion to suit their own agendas.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
The founding father of Paganism (Gerald Gardner) was from the ancient belief that homosexuality was offensive to all the divine Pagan entities ... so his theology suited that old-hat part of his spiffy new religion.
But when the hippy era took hold, people who were living the fast lives of sexual orgies as being acceptable, didn't appreciate a goddess that cursed homosexuality. So at the appropriate time, in the early 60s, along came bi-sexual Alex Sanders. He insisted that the goddess "loves" homosexuals, etc. My guess is, had the goddess existed, it would have been quite the surprise to her.
And if you care to notice, Alex was interested in his new religion of serving the MEN. There is no mention of lesbianism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Alexandrian Wicca (1963-1973)
In 1973, Alex and Maxine separated, but both continued to practice the craft. One of the key reasons for their separation was that neither would compromise on Alex's bisexuality. After the divorce, Alex focused on formulating Wicca so that it could be followed by homosexual men, who had been partially prevented from involvement previously because of the religions' focus on gender polarity.
~~~
Question

Do you know the individuals (that you Quote above) personally...

If not? How do you know that they wrote what you are posting?

O what benefit is the copying their Links?

They mean absolutely nothing to a Christian...Just a bunch of words...

-----

I don't use Links....

You down play the Bible...

Yet you exercise faith in anonymous prattle ...

You religion of atheism has no credibility ...

It is evidently based upon a bunch of demonic hawg-wash...

Your religion (and you are religious)

comes from faith in what the devil has spoken through his demonic minions.

So You have exchanged the true and living God for another who's intentions are...

Joh 10:10 (PART A) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

___
I worship... The Son of the living God ...HIS STATED... PURPOSE is ....

JOHN 10:10 (PART B)I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

He has proven Him self and His love AND ABUNDANT LIFE.......to me over a period of near 79 years...

His presence/TRACK RECORD OF FAITHFULNESS (in My family) goes back three Generations...AND IS VERY ACTIVE IN THE FOURTH...MY CHILDREN..

Prince George, Canada

#434490 Apr 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If all your daughters Anthony had down syndrome you would consider that a blessing from God? Why?
Why would any God create something that looks like this below? For what purpose?
People/animals are born with all kinds of quirks. Two heads, 6 toes, 3 legs, dwarfs, giants, all blessings from God, you say.
Its all the things gone wrong in nature Anthony.
Without the function of cells, all forms of life would not exist.

Humans cells are not special. That would be favoritism.

Prince George, Canada

#434491 Apr 21, 2013
I wonder if cells are concerned about human ego?

If they do, they have quite the job in store for them.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#434492 Apr 21, 2013
If they "are"
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434493 Apr 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I would word it that way. God never stops loving - even the souls in Hell He loves.
People reject God, He doesn't reject us. We choose whether or not we want to love Him back.
Do you have children? Do you want to force them to love you as much as you love them? Or do you want them to make a decision on their own accord. It means so much more to us when someone genuinely loves us back and not because 'they have to'.
That's absurd.

I don't have to threaten my children with eternal torture to compel them to love or honor me.

If God wants us to love him, why not appear to people today like Jesus had to do in the Bible to convince some believers?

If then, why not now? Some of these even knew him personally too!

So why is it outlandish for me to ask for something similar?

Put it another way. Why would anyone in their right mind freely reject God and freely choose to be tortured for all eternity?

Just because people don't believe in the same imaginary god as you do does not mean they are insane. It means they have a different life experience, from a different culture maybe.

The invented Xian concept of "Free Will" is absurd. Everyone works on different conditioning and information.

No Clay, 95% of humans do not "freely" risk eternal Hell, because they just feel rebellious.

That's absurd and insulting to the rest of humanity.

Prince George, Canada

#434494 Apr 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Question
Do you know the individuals (that you Quote above) personally...
If not? How do you know that they wrote what you are posting?
O what benefit is the copying their Links?
They mean absolutely nothing to a Christian...Just a bunch of words...
-----
I don't use Links....
You down play the Bible...
Yet you exercise faith in anonymous prattle ...
You religion of atheism has no credibility ...
It is evidently based upon a bunch of demonic hawg-wash...
Your religion (and you are religious)
comes from faith in what the devil has spoken through his demonic minions.
So You have exchanged the true and living God for another who's intentions are...
Joh 10:10 (PART A) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
___
I worship... The Son of the living God ...HIS STATED... PURPOSE is ....
JOHN 10:10 (PART B)I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
He has proven Him self and His love AND ABUNDANT LIFE.......to me over a period of near 79 years...
His presence/TRACK RECORD OF FAITHFULNESS (in My family) goes back three Generations...AND IS VERY ACTIVE IN THE FOURTH...MY CHILDREN..
When you perceive why you are not a Muslim, you will understand why I am not a Christian.

And when you perceive that all religion is based on fantasy, including yours ... you will understand why I am no longer in religion ... period!

Prince George, Canada

#434495 Apr 21, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's absurd.
I don't have to threaten my children with eternal torture to compel them to love or honor me.
If God wants us to love him, why not appear to people today like Jesus had to do in the Bible to convince some believers?
Put it another way. Why would anyone in their right mind freely reject God and freely choose to be tortured for all eternity?
Just because people don't believe in the same imaginary god as you do does not mean they are insane. It means they have a different life experience, from a different culture maybe.
The invented Xian concept of "Free Will" is absurd. Everyone works on different conditioning and information.
No Clay, 95% of humans do not "freely" risk eternal Hell, because they just feel rebellious.
To place faith in an image of a sadistic deity, is common-place for those that still re-lie on ancient religion.

The new over-hauled gospel according to the new Jesus ... loves every body ... without so much as a wrinkle in his dogma.

Clay

United States

#434496 Apr 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If all your daughters Anthony had down syndrome you would consider that a blessing from God? Why?
Why would any God create something that looks like this below? For what purpose?
People/animals are born with all kinds of quirks. Two heads, 6 toes, 3 legs, dwarfs, giants, all blessings from God, you say.
Its all the things gone wrong in nature Anthony.
Its this simple Mike: When my youngest was diagnosed with Autism, I shook my fist at God. But after time, i realized these kids with disabilities are very close to Him. They are physically and sometimes mentally separate from us. But their lives are so pure. Spiritually, thats how we're meant to be. People like you are so attached to Earthly material things that you lost sight of the big picture. My Son reminds me of humility, love and peace.

This life is quick, it moves past us in a blink. God knows that. He knows what's in store for people like my Son after they die too. He allowed Him to have this disability and carry his cross for a few yrs for a reason. I see that reason and I also see the face of Christ when I look into his eyes. Its something folks like you can't fathom. You're that far removed from God right now.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#434497 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the function of cells, all forms of life would not exist.
Humans cells are not special. That would be favoritism.
~~~

LAST MONDAY IN BOSTON MASS... We here in America witnessed the work of

Your God...

How any one (in their right mind) could give him their obedience is beyond my comprehension..

You might say you don't serve him...BUT THERE IS NO NEUTRAL POSITION..

WHEN YOU TURN AGAINST GOD... YOU SERVE.... THE DEVIL.....

YOU WITNESS WHAT THE DEVIL DID.... TO THOSE THAT LISTENED AND OBEYED

HIM...

ONE IS ALREADY IN HELL AND THE OTHER ONE WILL FOLLOW SOON..

JESUS SAID OF HIMSELF...(Tho men sometimes misrepresent Him and do other wise...)

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#434498 Apr 21, 2013
Happy 4th Sunday of Easter!!!!

Gospel for 4.21.13
John 10: 27 - 30
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me;
28 and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
30 I and the Father are one."

Snip…….
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). The scriptures also say Woe to the solitary man! For if he should fall, he has no one to lift him up (Eccles 4:10). Sheep are not supposed to go off on their own, neither are we.

We are called to part of a flock and to be under the care of a shepherd. Most of us realize this in a parish setting. But in the wider sense, we are under a bishop’s care and ultimately the care of the Pope who is the chief Shepherd and the Vicar of Christ, the Good Shepherd.

The Lord Jesus said there is to be one flock and one shepherd (John 10:16). God wants us to be in the protection of the flock with a shepherd watching over us. An old spiritual says,“Walk together children. Don’t you get weary. There’s a great camp meeting in the promised land.”

http://blog.adw.org/2013/04/what-did-jesus-ca...
Clay

United States

#434499 Apr 21, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's absurd.
God doesn't send anyone to Hell. We send ourselves there. He still loves those souls but respects their decision to be separate from Him.

And that's EXACTLY what would happen if God did an interview tonight on CNN. People would say, "whoa, God is real!, but I reject what he's saying"

Eternal Hell is separation from the love of God by our own decision. Fire. Torture. Pain, are adjectives to describe what it would be like without God- who IS Love.

#434500 Apr 21, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
The catholic clergy teach the followers that love, and marriage is key to happiness, yet the clergy themselves demand they! live a singular life.
Does anyone with any common sense believe any God would create men more worthy then women?
I can't believe today that any catholic woman doesn't feel slighted that they are less worthy to be in any! positions of authority in the roman catholic church.
makes no common sense!
Hey Michael, it IS JESUS that's the teacher, clergy only follow instructions.
[use your common sense, lol]

Christ does indeed approve of marriage for the Christian clergy, He much prefers that they do not marry.{We have married converts]

"Jesus made this quite clear when He praised the Apostles for giving up "all" to follow Him, saying, "And every one that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall possess life everlasting." (Matt. 19:27-29). The Apostle Paul explained why the unmarried state is preferable to the married state for the Christian clergy: "He that is without a wife, is solicitous for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please God. But he that is with a wife, is solicitous for the things of the world, how he may please his wife: and he is divided." (1 Cor. 7:32-33). In other words, matrimony is good – Christ made it one of the holy sacraments of His Church – but it is not conducive to that complete dedication which is incumbent upon those who submit themselves to another of Christ's holy sacraments – that of Holy Orders. Even so, the unmarried state of the Catholic priesthood is not an inflexible law – under certain conditions a priest may be dispensed from this law."

Prince George, Canada

#434501 Apr 21, 2013
People in religion want me to go back TO religion so they can feel better about their own beliefs.

It doesn't work that way. You'll find people who agree with you in your churches ... but on a forum, I suggest that you should expect beliefs that are in conflict with yours.

Prince George, Canada

#434502 Apr 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't send anyone to Hell. We send ourselves there.
If your supposed god gave free will and he decides that we must burn in hell ... THAT is NOT free will.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#434503 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I brought what I just posted on another thread over here in hopes that these Christians will understand how theologians manipulated and continue to manipulate religion to suit their own agendas.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
The founding father of Paganism (Gerald Gardner) was from the ancient belief that homosexuality was offensive to all the divine Pagan entities ... so his theology suited that old-hat part of his spiffy new religion.
But when the hippy era took hold, people who were living the fast lives of sexual orgies as being acceptable, didn't appreciate a goddess that cursed homosexuality. So at the appropriate time, in the early 60s, along came bi-sexual Alex Sanders. He insisted that the goddess "loves" homosexuals, etc. My guess is, had the goddess existed, it would have been quite the surprise to her.
And if you care to notice, Alex was interested in his new religion of serving the MEN. There is no mention of lesbianism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Alexandrian Wicca (1963-1973)
In 1973, Alex and Maxine separated, but both continued to practice the craft. One of the key reasons for their separation was that neither would compromise on Alex's bisexuality. After the divorce, Alex focused on formulating Wicca so that it could be followed by homosexual men, who had been partially prevented from involvement previously because of the religions' focus on gender polarity.
Are you a homosexual June is that why you hate God so much.
By denying God, you feel your free to practice what He says is an abomination without any consequences.
Sin is for but a season.

Prince George, Canada

#434504 Apr 21, 2013
If after I die I say "I don't want to burn in hell God ... and God says "Okie Dokie" ... THAT is free will ... no doubt about it.

And that is an analogy, as I don't believe in the existence of any deity whatsoever.

#434505 Apr 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Enforcing the immigration laws are no more racist than locking your front door at night. Not in the USA, Mexico, Canada, Japan China or any other nation.
Why would you support theft and coveting of property when God clearly says not to do this. Further more it is Satan's plan to destroy you support.
The immigration will continue and there's not much anyone can do about it, but it is not a good thing. They are mostly Latins and Muslims and this will likely lead to another civil war at some point, IMO. Immigration is 100% about RELIGION not RACE. Rome has caused this.
No one is supporting theft and coveting of property, that’s not the point.
BTW, that’s been going on since the time the first, immigrants came here by taking the land of the Natives.

First off, ALL people that came into this country are ‘immigrates’!!
All immigrants are welcome here. It’s the American way.
By saying Latins and Muslims will lead to another civil war, is raciest, b/c not all Latins and Muslims are bad people.

What ever happened to ‘love your neighbor as yourself’?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••