Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,403
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434477 Apr 21, 2013
The idea that a perfect creator would create anything imperfect would be ludicrous. The very idea would not be possible.

I suggest that you pay heed to the non-human animals that must die each moment of every day and night by being injected with venom, being chewed to death by sharp teeth, as the claws sink into their flesh, etc.... and then look me in the eyes and insist that your suppose deity is proud of what was created.

From my perspective, religion is nonsense ... period.
Clay

United States

#434478 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
From my perspective, religion is nonsense ... period.
Really? I wasn't sure where you stood on God and religion.. thanks! ;-)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434479 Apr 21, 2013
Humans have habits of being copy-cats.

The data in the bible wasn't compiled until the fourth century.

With all the many Christian sects involved in the gossip, can you imagine the stories that were taught in all different flavors as being based on certain truth during that span of time?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following……….

100—1 B.C.

Religion

4 Mary gives birth to Jesus in Judaea
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#434480 Apr 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe this child is a blessing from God, not some kind of punishment.
If all your daughters Anthony had down syndrome you would consider that a blessing from God? Why?
Why would any God create something that looks like this below? For what purpose?
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals...
People/animals are born with all kinds of quirks. Two heads, 6 toes, 3 legs, dwarfs, giants, all blessings from God, you say.
Its all the things gone wrong in nature Anthony.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#434481 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The idea that a perfect creator would create anything imperfect would be ludicrous. The very idea would not be possible.
I suggest that you pay heed to the non-human animals that must die each moment of every day and night by being injected with venom, being chewed to death by sharp teeth, as the claws sink into their flesh, etc.... and then look me in the eyes and insist that your suppose deity is proud of what was created.
From my perspective, religion is nonsense ... period.
Why would God create something that looks like this? For what purpose? For us to make fun of?

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals...

We are all children of nature. Sometimes nature doesn't get it right.

Why would any God create this below....for what upside purpose!

Garlic man

Troy, OH

#434482 Apr 21, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
The catholic clergy teach the followers that love, and marriage is key to happiness, yet the clergy themselves demand they! live a singular life.
Does anyone with any common sense believe any God would create men more worthy then women?
I can't believe today that any catholic woman doesn't feel slighted that they are less worthy to be in any! positions of authority in the roman catholic church.
makes no common sense!
Miguelito,
Who believes God would create men more worthy than women? Oh, that's right, you do! Well, just because YOU believe that fallacy, doesn't mean that's how the Catholic Church sees women.
Miguelito, men and women are created equal; that means, they are both created in the image and likeness of God and thus have equal dignity before God. However, they are not identical, otherwise they would not be able to complement each other as it is obvious they do. It is the secular world who says that in order for women to have any value in society, they have to behave and be like men in all aspects, including their physiology. Why do you think women have to resort to chemical neutering if they want to remain in the work force in the secular world? Why not allow them to be the women that they are, whose bodies are designed to carry new life? Honestly, this is pure discrimination of women by men.
The Catholic Church cannot change the fact that only men can be priests and the reason is because her founder, Jesus Christ, wanted it that way. End of story.
BTW, how is your garlic intake going?
Clay

United States

#434483 Apr 21, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
It's delusional to believe that the creator of mankind could get so angry at, jealous of, and yes - envious of its own creation.
It's even more delusional to blame the created, while appeasing the creator.
History tells us that all gods are imaginary, thank god.
I don't think I would word it that way. God never stops loving - even the souls in Hell He loves.
People reject God, He doesn't reject us. We choose whether or not we want to love Him back.

Do you have children? Do you want to force them to love you as much as you love them? Or do you want them to make a decision on their own accord. It means so much more to us when someone genuinely loves us back and not because 'they have to'.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#434484 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Humans have habits of being copy-cats.
The data in the bible wasn't compiled until the fourth century.
With all the many Christian sects involved in the gossip, can you imagine the stories that were taught in all different flavors as being based on certain truth during that span of time?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following……….
100—1 B.C.
Religion
4 Mary gives birth to Jesus in Judaea
Right!

Who writes stories for the first time and the story only written by one very small select group of men! hundreds of years after this most important person died?

There is nothing written by anyone else from the entire mediteranean during 4 BCE to 30 AD about a godman miracle working Jesus. Devastating!

Imagine that today we learn or hear about the civil war for the very first time, and only from a small select group of people. That is how the bible was presented.

........makes no common sense.
Clay

United States

#434485 Apr 21, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Miguelito,
Who believes God would create men more worthy than women? Oh, that's right, you do! Well, just because YOU believe that fallacy, doesn't mean that's how the Catholic Church sees women.
Miguelito, men and women are created equal; that means, they are both created in the image and likeness of God and thus have equal dignity before God. However, they are not identical, otherwise they would not be able to complement each other as it is obvious they do. It is the secular world who says that in order for women to have any value in society, they have to behave and be like men in all aspects, including their physiology. Why do you think women have to resort to chemical neutering if they want to remain in the work force in the secular world? Why not allow them to be the women that they are, whose bodies are designed to carry new life? Honestly, this is pure discrimination of women by men.
The Catholic Church cannot change the fact that only men can be priests and the reason is because her founder, Jesus Christ, wanted it that way. End of story.
BTW, how is your garlic intake going?
Well said, Garlic man.
Clay

United States

#434486 Apr 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Right!
Who writes stories for the first time and the story only written by one very small select group of men! hundreds of years after this most important person died?
There is nothing written by anyone else from the entire mediteranean during 4 BCE to 30 AD about a godman miracle working Jesus. Devastating!
Imagine that today we learn or hear about the civil war for the very first time, and only from a small select group of people. That is how the bible was presented.
........makes no common sense.
Everyone by virtue of their birth is aware of a creator. From there, it gets to be an investigative journey.

And don't kid yourself Mike. If God physically appeared in the sky this afternoon, you'd probably acknowledged His existence, but you would speak out against His views on social issues. You would still reject Him!

That's why its up to us to prove ourselves to God. Not the other way around ..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434487 Apr 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Right!
Who writes stories for the first time and the story only written by one very small select group of men! hundreds of years after this most important person died?
There is nothing written by anyone else from the entire mediteranean during 4 BCE to 30 AD about a godman miracle working Jesus. Devastating!
Imagine that today we learn or hear about the civil war for the very first time, and only from a small select group of people. That is how the bible was presented.
........makes no common sense.
Well ... they got away with it ... and that was their AIM.

From my perspective, it wasn't by chance that they didn't compile the data of the new testament until the fourth century.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434488 Apr 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would God create something that looks like this? For what purpose? For us to make fun of?
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals...
We are all children of nature. Sometimes nature doesn't get it right.
Why would any God create this below....for what upside purpose!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VMzK6iz6uVsXX
If a creator exists ... it is a sadist!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#434489 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I brought what I just posted on another thread over here in hopes that these Christians will understand how theologians manipulated and continue to manipulate religion to suit their own agendas.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
The founding father of Paganism (Gerald Gardner) was from the ancient belief that homosexuality was offensive to all the divine Pagan entities ... so his theology suited that old-hat part of his spiffy new religion.
But when the hippy era took hold, people who were living the fast lives of sexual orgies as being acceptable, didn't appreciate a goddess that cursed homosexuality. So at the appropriate time, in the early 60s, along came bi-sexual Alex Sanders. He insisted that the goddess "loves" homosexuals, etc. My guess is, had the goddess existed, it would have been quite the surprise to her.
And if you care to notice, Alex was interested in his new religion of serving the MEN. There is no mention of lesbianism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Alexandrian Wicca (1963-1973)
In 1973, Alex and Maxine separated, but both continued to practice the craft. One of the key reasons for their separation was that neither would compromise on Alex's bisexuality. After the divorce, Alex focused on formulating Wicca so that it could be followed by homosexual men, who had been partially prevented from involvement previously because of the religions' focus on gender polarity.
~~~
Question

Do you know the individuals (that you Quote above) personally...

If not? How do you know that they wrote what you are posting?

O what benefit is the copying their Links?

They mean absolutely nothing to a Christian...Just a bunch of words...

-----

I don't use Links....

You down play the Bible...

Yet you exercise faith in anonymous prattle ...

You religion of atheism has no credibility ...

It is evidently based upon a bunch of demonic hawg-wash...

Your religion (and you are religious)

comes from faith in what the devil has spoken through his demonic minions.

So You have exchanged the true and living God for another who's intentions are...

Joh 10:10 (PART A) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

___
I worship... The Son of the living God ...HIS STATED... PURPOSE is ....

JOHN 10:10 (PART B)I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

He has proven Him self and His love AND ABUNDANT LIFE.......to me over a period of near 79 years...

His presence/TRACK RECORD OF FAITHFULNESS (in My family) goes back three Generations...AND IS VERY ACTIVE IN THE FOURTH...MY CHILDREN..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434490 Apr 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If all your daughters Anthony had down syndrome you would consider that a blessing from God? Why?
Why would any God create something that looks like this below? For what purpose?
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals...
People/animals are born with all kinds of quirks. Two heads, 6 toes, 3 legs, dwarfs, giants, all blessings from God, you say.
Its all the things gone wrong in nature Anthony.
Without the function of cells, all forms of life would not exist.

Humans cells are not special. That would be favoritism.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434491 Apr 21, 2013
I wonder if cells are concerned about human ego?

If they do, they have quite the job in store for them.

:)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434492 Apr 21, 2013
If they "are"
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434493 Apr 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I would word it that way. God never stops loving - even the souls in Hell He loves.
People reject God, He doesn't reject us. We choose whether or not we want to love Him back.
Do you have children? Do you want to force them to love you as much as you love them? Or do you want them to make a decision on their own accord. It means so much more to us when someone genuinely loves us back and not because 'they have to'.
That's absurd.

I don't have to threaten my children with eternal torture to compel them to love or honor me.

If God wants us to love him, why not appear to people today like Jesus had to do in the Bible to convince some believers?

If then, why not now? Some of these even knew him personally too!

So why is it outlandish for me to ask for something similar?

Put it another way. Why would anyone in their right mind freely reject God and freely choose to be tortured for all eternity?

Just because people don't believe in the same imaginary god as you do does not mean they are insane. It means they have a different life experience, from a different culture maybe.

The invented Xian concept of "Free Will" is absurd. Everyone works on different conditioning and information.

No Clay, 95% of humans do not "freely" risk eternal Hell, because they just feel rebellious.

That's absurd and insulting to the rest of humanity.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434494 Apr 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Question
Do you know the individuals (that you Quote above) personally...
If not? How do you know that they wrote what you are posting?
O what benefit is the copying their Links?
They mean absolutely nothing to a Christian...Just a bunch of words...
-----
I don't use Links....
You down play the Bible...
Yet you exercise faith in anonymous prattle ...
You religion of atheism has no credibility ...
It is evidently based upon a bunch of demonic hawg-wash...
Your religion (and you are religious)
comes from faith in what the devil has spoken through his demonic minions.
So You have exchanged the true and living God for another who's intentions are...
Joh 10:10 (PART A) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
___
I worship... The Son of the living God ...HIS STATED... PURPOSE is ....
JOHN 10:10 (PART B)I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
He has proven Him self and His love AND ABUNDANT LIFE.......to me over a period of near 79 years...
His presence/TRACK RECORD OF FAITHFULNESS (in My family) goes back three Generations...AND IS VERY ACTIVE IN THE FOURTH...MY CHILDREN..
When you perceive why you are not a Muslim, you will understand why I am not a Christian.

And when you perceive that all religion is based on fantasy, including yours ... you will understand why I am no longer in religion ... period!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434495 Apr 21, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's absurd.
I don't have to threaten my children with eternal torture to compel them to love or honor me.
If God wants us to love him, why not appear to people today like Jesus had to do in the Bible to convince some believers?
If then, why not now? Some of these even knew him personally too!
So why is it outlandish for me to ask for something similar?
Put it another way. Why would anyone in their right mind freely reject God and freely choose to be tortured for all eternity?
Just because people don't believe in the same imaginary god as you do does not mean they are insane. It means they have a different life experience, from a different culture maybe.
The invented Xian concept of "Free Will" is absurd. Everyone works on different conditioning and information.
No Clay, 95% of humans do not "freely" risk eternal Hell, because they just feel rebellious.
That's absurd and insulting to the rest of humanity.
To place faith in an image of a sadistic deity, is common-place for those that still re-lie on ancient religion.

The new over-hauled gospel according to the new Jesus ... loves every body ... without so much as a wrinkle in his dogma.



Clay

United States

#434496 Apr 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If all your daughters Anthony had down syndrome you would consider that a blessing from God? Why?
Why would any God create something that looks like this below? For what purpose?
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals...
People/animals are born with all kinds of quirks. Two heads, 6 toes, 3 legs, dwarfs, giants, all blessings from God, you say.
Its all the things gone wrong in nature Anthony.
Its this simple Mike: When my youngest was diagnosed with Autism, I shook my fist at God. But after time, i realized these kids with disabilities are very close to Him. They are physically and sometimes mentally separate from us. But their lives are so pure. Spiritually, thats how we're meant to be. People like you are so attached to Earthly material things that you lost sight of the big picture. My Son reminds me of humility, love and peace.

This life is quick, it moves past us in a blink. God knows that. He knows what's in store for people like my Son after they die too. He allowed Him to have this disability and carry his cross for a few yrs for a reason. I see that reason and I also see the face of Christ when I look into his eyes. Its something folks like you can't fathom. You're that far removed from God right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 49 min Belle Sexton 11
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr In Question 8,510
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE