Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
418,761 - 418,780 of 538,746 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.
Christmas tree
The Christmas tree is still one of the Western world’s most beloved symbols, although it had no meaning in the Judeo-Christian context but was drawn almost entirely from pagan tree worship. Preserved through the centuries in central Europe, it was unknown in English-speaking countries until after 1840, when Prince Albert the German bridegroom of Queen Victoria, brought the custom from his native land to England. The Teutonic Christmas tree dated back to Yule celebrations, along with the candles, gifts, and sacrificial pig with an apple in its mouth. But there were pagan elements from southern Europe also. Certain priest of Attis called dendrophori,“tree-bearers,” annually selected a pine tree from the sacred grove (pinea silva) to carry the effigy of the god into his Roman temple. The dendrophori were charged with the duty of setting up and decorating the tree, upon which the god was presented for sacrifice.(1) Perhaps this was the origin of the custom of hanging small male effigies, such as gingerbread men, on the Christmas tree.
Like all evergreens, such as the holly and ivy, the pine tree stood for a promise of eternal life because it kept its vital appearance even when other plants died off during the winter. Naturally this applied only to the living pine tree, lighted and decorated in the woods where it stood. Trees that were cut and brought indoors would soon become brown and dead, thus contradicting the symbolic meaning.
1. Vermaseren, 115.
The christmas tree along with the virgin birth, miracles, crucifixion were all stories that attached themselves to christianity during the first 3 centuries.

Outside the bible there is no mention by anyone from the entire mediteranean during that era of a miracle working god man named Jesus. Stories were created and they stuck like spagetti hitting the wall.

Devastating!
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Normand Winnipeg wrote:
<quoted text>--- Religion is loving peoples and helping peoples...JESUS CHRIST has a clear Message IN RED; the Message is found in Matthew 4 vs. 17 Quote ">>>Turn away from your sins, because the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS NEAR"<<<...Pleas e read it...Thankyou...
Poster writes... "Religion is loving peoples and helping peoples.."

Sounds just like this board, right?

And if the majority of humans never get the word, Jesus "helps" those people with eternal torture.

Loving and helping? And you condone it!

It's delusional. Few can agree on what the Bible says. Christian communes dedicated to Jesus rarely last beyond a few years.

Lip service is one thing. Walking the talk is another.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

The catholic clergy teach the followers that love, and marriage is key to happiness, yet the clergy themselves demand they! live a singular life.

Does anyone with any common sense believe any God would create men more worthy then women?

I can't believe today that any catholic woman doesn't feel slighted that they are less worthy to be in any! positions of authority in the roman catholic church.

makes no common sense!
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If God doesn't save non Christians just because of where they were born, then God isn't Love. God will justly decide the fate of all human beings. Those of us who know Jesus are the most 'at risk' of losing salvation, because we've been blessed with Gods grace and if we turn our backs on Christ now, we're hosed.
The Muslim or Hindu child forced into their faith do not know Jesus (Through no fault of their own)
Its logical to believe, since God is infinite love and perfectly just, He wouldn't condemn them soley for not being Christian.
I don't think the born again cults know God and shouldn't be tampering with the Holy Scriptures. So I would advise you to get your proper teachings from the Church that gave us the scriptures. The Catholic Church.
I agree, it is logical to believe that God would not punish humans because they never were taught "properly."

But I remind you that the Catholic Church only became so logical within the past 100 years. And to do so, they had to contradict the Bible and their own teaching for hundreds of years.

Sometimes the delusion is so absurd that thinking men are forced to change in spite of what the Bible says.

Usury, slavery, personal hygiene, and the status of women are other examples that come to mind.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
God allwayes listen prayers..yes ..God never mist anything..no.
Someone who calculated used Matthew ..remember Jesus Christ know too..but deceiver or possessor is really been there in that kingdom..if yes then..please tell me.. why they fall?
Why i am wrong?
truth says.........God allwayes listen prayers..yes ..God never mist anything..no

Michael says..........tell that to the 25,000 children who will starve to death today! in our world.

.....tell that to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it is logical to believe that God would not punish humans because they never were taught "properly."
But I remind you that the Catholic Church only became so logical within the past 100 years. And to do so, they had to contradict the Bible and their own teaching for hundreds of years.
Sometimes the delusion is so absurd that thinking men are forced to change in spite of what the Bible says.
Usury, slavery, personal hygiene, and the status of women are other examples that come to mind.
Well-stated!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
The catholic clergy teach the followers that love, and marriage is key to happiness, yet the clergy themselves demand they! live a singular life.
Does anyone with any common sense believe any God would create men more worthy then women?
I can't believe today that any catholic woman doesn't feel slighted that they are less worthy to be in any! positions of authority in the roman catholic church.
makes no common sense!
People heavily indoctrinated don't question what they were taught, because they believe they are questioning "God." And that was the plan OF the theologians. "I will teach them that 'I' know the word of God, and then they will follow everything else that I teach them as being based on God's truth."

Those theologians were and are cunning operators.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The christmas tree along with the virgin birth, miracles, crucifixion were all stories that attached themselves to christianity during the first 3 centuries.
Outside the bible there is no mention by anyone from the entire mediteranean during that era of a miracle working god man named Jesus. Stories were created and they stuck like spagetti hitting the wall.
Devastating!
Many beliefs of the Christians came from Paganism and were morphed into Christianity as supposed truth. Then the Christians claimed the Pagan beliefs were of the DEVIL, and so it became acceptable to kill the Pagans as the will of the supposed Jewish god that favored ONLY Catholic Christians.

Religion drove many people to insanity and suicide.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Stockholm syndrom.
The victim tells God how good he makes them feel - in the hope of avoiding God's appointed fate for most of humanity - eternal torture.
Why else would someone worship such a tyrant?
Once people become adults, it takes the mentality of a tyrant to worship an image of a tyrant.

Even as a small child I would not worship the image of the god of Christianity, Judaism, or Islam. And in my world of childhood, there was no other god. So I created my own image of a god, and my imaginary god loved everybody, including all the animals in god's "creation."

I now can't imagine how it took me until I was seventy years of age to see that a god that allowed such suffering to occur ongoing could not be anything BUT a tyrant.

That was the final straw concerning my placing any trust in the words of theologians. I threw the last bit of bondage off and finally felt at peace in the idea that nature is cruel, but there was and is no PLAN by nature to BE cruel. It just is what it is.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

From the book “God’s Bullies,” by Perry Deanne Young comes the following

In the name of Jesus and God, they had perpetrated all kinds of little cruelties on others and had meanwhile fooled themselves into thinking they could do no wrong because they were always carrying out God’s will.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

You realize, then, that people see God through mirrors—and the reflection is often that fearsome, intolerant beast inside all of us.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

The Seven Mysteries of Life … Exploration in Science and Philosophy … Guy Murchie.

Of this period Erasmus sadly wrote:“We were forever slaughtering each other for opinions that were mere guesswork—yet caused half of humanity to send the other half to the gallows or the stake—and for what?” Science was virtually standing still because any man bold enough to do any scientific research or to admit any scientific discovery was taking a fearful risk. Michael Servetus knew it—he who discovered the circulation of blood and was burned at the stake at the request of Calvin. Giordano Bruno knew it, and was burned for agreeing with Copernicus that the earth moves around the sun. And Galileo, who discovered the moons of Jupiter and the rings of Saturn, barely escaped a similar fate by recanting on his knees.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

zander714 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, 51,000 plus post. That must be a Topix record.
That's just the total for last week.
Topix re-sets her tally every Monday. lol.
YTubeVID

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Have you tormented the devil today ?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

The best way to evangelize is to burn, like St. Francis did, for the love of God; and to sustain that kind of zeal you need constant contact with the fire of God's Word. Few people become Christians because they are taught Christian doctrine. Millions have become Christian because they met a Christian who loved God so much that it spilled over into love for other people. When love for God is strong, so is the desire to know Him more fully. That's where a zeal for His Word comes in. As St. Augustine put it, "Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ."

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

In 1492, poverty forced Erasmus into the consecrated life.[13] He took vows as a canon regular at the canonry of Stein, in South Holland, and was ordained to the Catholic priesthood at about the age of 25He was a proponent of religious toleration
Erasmus lived against the backdrop of the growing European religious Reformation; but while he was critical of the abuses within the Church and called for reform, he kept his distance from Luther and Melancthon and continued to recognise the authority of the pope. Erasmus emphasized a middle way, with a deep respect for traditional faith, piety and grace, and rejected Luther's emphasis on faith alone. Erasmus therefore remained a member of the Catholic Church all his life.[3] In relation to clerical abuses in the Church, Erasmus remained committed to reforming the Church from within.

Apart from these perceived moral failings of the Reformers, Erasmus also dreaded any change in doctrine, citing the long history of the Church as a bulwark against innovation. In book I of his Hyperaspistes he puts the matter bluntly to Luther:
We are dealing with this: Would a stable mind depart from the opinion handed down by so many men famous for holiness and miracles, depart from the decisions of the Church, and commit our souls to the faith of someone like you who has sprung up just now with a few followers, although the leading men of your flock do not agree either with you or among themselves – indeed though you do not even agree with yourself, since in this same Assertion[39] you say one thing in the beginning and something else later on, recanting what you said before.[40]

You stipulate that we should not ask for or accept anything but Holy Scripture, but you do it in such a way as to require that we permit you to be its sole interpreter, renouncing all others. Thus the victory will be yours if we allow you to be not the steward but the lord of Holy Scripture.[42]
Though he remained firmly neutral, each side accused him of siding with the other, perhaps because of his neutrality. It was not for lack of fidelity with either side but a desire for fidelity with them both:
"I detest dissension because it goes both against the teachings of Christ and against a secret inclination of nature. I doubt that either side in the dispute can be suppressed without grave loss."[43]
In his catechism (entitled Explanation of the Apostles' Creed)(1533), Erasmus took a stand against Luther's teaching by asserting the unwritten Sacred Tradition as just as valid a source of revelation as the Bible,
Certain works of Erasmus laid a foundation for religious toleration. For example, in De libero arbitrio, opposing certain views of Martin Luther, Erasmus noted that religious disputants should be temperate in their language, "because in this way the truth, which is often lost amidst too much wrangling may be more surely perceived." Gary Remer writes, "Like Cicero, Erasmus concludes that truth is furthered by a more harmonious relationship between interlocutors." [50] Although Erasmus did not oppose the punishment of heretics, in individual cases he generally argued for moderation and against the death penalty. He wrote, "It is better to cure a sick man than to kill him."
The Catholic Counter-Reformation movement often condemned Erasmus as having "laid the egg that hatched the Reformation." Their critique of him was based principally on his not being strong enough in his criticism of Luther, not seeing the dangers (from their perspective) of a vernacular Bible and dabbling in dangerous scriptural criticism that weakened the Church's arguments against Arianism and other doctrines. All of his works were placed on the Index of Prohibited Books by Pope Paul IV, and some of his works continued to be banned or viewed with caution in the later Index of Pope Pius IV.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

no Micle
please tell me
every second or any minute or every hour
how many clean and destroy childreen unwanted ..
much more

future
no micle you are not alright micle
please except
how in heaven will be on earth
what ever and so ever man hand and mind produce its destructive..
no ones more its not delusion=why=because others don't liked that someone know parallel life exist..many many

now
your law is not mine nooooooooo
be good
understood
Creator left law in space and time..
did you search or not who can and who can't asked yourself..
by
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
You realize, then, that people see God through mirrors—and the reflection is often that fearsome, intolerant beast inside all of us.
True.

It's delusional to believe that the creator of mankind could get so angry at, jealous of, and yes - envious of its own creation.

It's even more delusional to blame the created, while appeasing the creator.

History tells us that all gods are imaginary, thank god.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
True.
It's delusional to believe that the creator of mankind could get so angry at, jealous of, and yes - envious of its own creation.
It's even more delusional to blame the created, while appeasing the creator.
History tells us that all gods are imaginary, thank god.
I brought what I just posted on another thread over here in hopes that these Christians will understand how theologians manipulated and continue to manipulate religion to suit their own agendas.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The founding father of Paganism (Gerald Gardner) was from the ancient belief that homosexuality was offensive to all the divine Pagan entities ... so his theology suited that old-hat part of his spiffy new religion.

But when the hippy era took hold, people who were living the fast lives of sexual orgies as being acceptable, didn't appreciate a goddess that cursed homosexuality. So at the appropriate time, in the early 60s, along came bi-sexual Alex Sanders. He insisted that the goddess "loves" homosexuals, etc. My guess is, had the goddess existed, it would have been quite the surprise to her.

And if you care to notice, Alex was interested in his new religion of serving the MEN. There is no mention of lesbianism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Alexandrian Wicca (1963-1973)

In 1973, Alex and Maxine separated, but both continued to practice the craft. One of the key reasons for their separation was that neither would compromise on Alex's bisexuality. After the divorce, Alex focused on formulating Wicca so that it could be followed by homosexual men, who had been partially prevented from involvement previously because of the religions' focus on gender polarity.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Which God please explain?
Why?
Because many live Godly life!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 14 hr ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••