Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 541,902
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#434379 Apr 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheep dip.....Your Bible must have this teaching missing:
"And Jesus saw, as he passed on his way, a man who had been blind from his birth. Whereupon his disciples asked him, Master, was this man guilty of sin, or was it his parents, that he should have been born blind? Neither he nor his parents were guilty, Jesus answered; it was so that Godís action might declare itself in him."
Change "blind" with "down syndrome"...
And...it does not change nor make ineffective: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God..
?

My bible has that passage, in fact I quoted it earlier today.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#434380 Apr 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The Eucharist has been referred to as the Roman Catholic "wafer god". I think that is an appropriate name for it. Without eating their Jesus, the Eucharist, Roman Catholics believe they can't go to heaven. Their Jesus, the Eucharist, is also called "The Sacrifice" and "The Victim". You see, they don't believe that the work of Jesus Christ was finished on the cross--He is supposed to be a perpetual victim always getting sacrificed over and over again. Dying over and over and over.
That's why you continually see them with dead Jesus' on crosses in their churches and homes--just hanging there, dead. Jesus is not the "Eternal Victim", He is the Eternal Lord of Lords and King of Kings! Jesus told us in His word that His ONE time sacrifice is finished, completed, over. The Lord Jesus Christ is back in heaven where He came from waiting on His enemies to be made His footstool, not hopping up to enter a piece of bread. The mythical Eucharist is just another Roman Catholic tradition.
So you're a disciple of the author of this website now. When did you leave the SBC?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#434381 Apr 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
?
My bible has that passage, in fact I quoted it earlier today.
Then you have to ignore the teaching found therein so that you can hold to your erroneous belief that an infant has to be sprinkled with water to erase the "stain of Adam's sin" from his soul....

As well as: The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#434382 Apr 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a disciple of the author of this website now. When did you leave the SBC?
SBC?
Clay

United States

#434383 Apr 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
The Eucharist has been referred to as the Roman Catholic "wafer god". I think that is an appropriate name for it. Without eating their Jesus, the Eucharist, Roman Catholics believe they can't go to heaven. Their Jesus, the Eucharist, is also called "The Sacrifice" and "The Victim". You see, they don't believe that the work of Jesus Christ was finished on the cross--He is supposed to be a perpetual victim always getting sacrificed over and over again. Dying over and over and over.
That's why you continually see them with dead Jesus' on crosses in their churches and homes--just hanging there, dead. Jesus is not the "Eternal Victim", He is the Eternal Lord of Lords and King of Kings! Jesus told us in His word that His ONE time sacrifice is finished, completed, over. The Lord Jesus Christ is back in heaven where He came from waiting on His enemies to be made His footstool, not hopping up to enter a piece of bread. The mythical Eucharist is just another Roman Catholic tradition.
<quoted text>
Folks who walked with the Apostles? What folks? Do you believe those folks or do you believe Jesus? Or do you listen to your cracker when it talks to you? What does the magical cracker tell you?
<quoted text>
You are critical of the Bible yet when backed into a corner you quote the very thing you have criticized. You are double minded and lost.
Also, have you ever read Luke 24:13-35? I doubt it. Try reading it for the FIRST time and tell us the verses which support your position.
I'm never 'backed into corner' sir. I always have my fellow Catholics who'll automatically believe the same faith as me. And I trust if I error on my statements, that they'll correct me. That's why we're Catholic. We share the same faith from the Apostles. Its this continuity that no Protestants can claim - as their faith changes from generation to generation.

Anyway, I confronted your false teaching on my own. I was not backed into a corner.
Besides in your world of Sola Scripture, its literally impossible to be backed into a corner. Each 'Pope' dictates their own Christianity. Who are you to say Preston is wrong? Or 7th is wrong??
We see a glimpse of the disaster of Sola scripture on this forum.
Clay

United States

#434384 Apr 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm willing to bet the Deacon opened his own store front church and convinced some people he was called to preach the Gospel.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#434385 Apr 20, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
If the child was not baptized and died very soon after birth, then what?
Limbo? Hell?
You are saying that a simple ritual -- of which the infant has no knowledge -- gives that child special privileges with God.
Personally, I find such a belief absurd and delusional.
Question...
If the infant was born to a Hindu family and died with original sin, why would any God treat that child with less love and consideration?
Please explain why a Hindu infant is at such a disadvantage over an infant born into the "correct" denomination.
You can't.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know. We entrust them to the mercy of God.
In the case of newborns, if there is any risk we are prepared to call a priest who can be there at a moments notice. In most cases a Catholic chaplain is always available.
Limbo? VATICAN CITY | Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:21pm EDT

(Reuters)- The Roman Catholic Church has effectively buried the concept of limbo, the place where centuries of tradition and teaching held that babies who die without baptism went.

You folks buried limbo so why would there be a need for a priest at a moments notice. I mean really, you said the priest can change bread and wine into flesh and blood, right? Well, taking care of this kid should be a snap.

One day you folks will bury the false doctrines of transubstantiation, mary sinless and forever virgin, holy water, rosary beads, salvation by baptism and many others. It is just a matter of time.

Why not attend a church that already has buried those false doctrines and worship God and not a cracker.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#434386 Apr 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm never 'backed into corner' sir. I always have my fellow Catholics who'll automatically believe the same faith as me. And I trust if I error on my statements, that they'll correct me. That's why we're Catholic. We share the same faith from the Apostles. Its this continuity that no Protestants can claim - as their faith changes from generation to generation.
Anyway, I confronted your false teaching on my own. I was not backed into a corner.
Besides in your world of Sola Scripture, its literally impossible to be backed into a corner. Each 'Pope' dictates their own Christianity. Who are you to say Preston is wrong? Or 7th is wrong??
We see a glimpse of the disaster of Sola scripture on this forum.
You have spent your entire life either backed into a corner or your head in the sand take your pick.

You said, quote, "We see a glimpse of the disaster of Sola scripture on this forum." End quote.

Glimpse of what disaster? Yours. Yes, your faith is a total disaster because your faith is not in Christ Jesus but in the cracker you eat and then flush down the toilet.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434387 Apr 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
OldG believes:
The Bible -although not in existence for Christians until the 5th century -
The Arrogance of Faith, by Forrest G. Wood

To appreciate fully the meanings of scriptural terms and references, one would need to go back beyond the fourth-century Latin Vulgate edition of the Bible prepared by St. Jerome, or the twenty-seven books on the list that Bishop Athanasius of Alexandria compiled in the year 367, which were to become the New Testament, and study not only ancient Greek and Hebrew texts but northwestern Semitic writings, especially Aramaic, and even some of the lesser-known languages of biblical times such as Akkadian and Ugaritic.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#434388 Apr 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Roman Catholics believe......
The priest brings Christ down from heaven, and renders Him present on the altar as the eternal victim for the sins of man--not once but a thousand times. The priest speaks and lo! Christ the eternal and omnipotent God, bows His head in humble obedience to the priest's command.
So what you are saying is that the priest(mortal man) has authority over Jesus. And the priest calls Jesus down to what? spill His blood again??? At the Passover supper didn't Jesus say to His apostles,'Do this in remembrance of me'. Remembrance is defined as power as remembering.

Prince George, Canada

#434389 Apr 20, 2013
From what I studied of history, I believe that bible-users are those seeking to caught harm to others.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Bay Colony, in making sodomy a capital crime, did not follow the English statute but instead adopted the language of Leviticus 20: 13.

Section 8 of the 1641 laws was thus a word-for-word translation of a Hebrew law more than 2,000 years old: "If any man lyeth with mankinde as he lyeth with a woman, both of them have committed
abhomination, they both shall surely be put to death" (Whitmore, 1890, p. 55). Astonishingly, this phraseology was to remain on the books of at least one American state-Connecticut-until some 46
years after the Declaration of Independence.

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent ...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#434390 Apr 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
The Bible -although not in existence for Christians until the 5th century

Some Catholics like to believe this although the books of the Bible (actually a scroll at the time) were long in use as we read in early Christian letters.

Who wrote the NT books and when?

http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...

www.datingthenewtestament.com

We do not get the Bible from the RC no matter how many times you repeat this. Just the opposite is true - the RC kept the Bible from everyone. That's what part of the inquisition was about. The NT specifically came from the GREEK ORTHODOX who fled West in 1453 after Islam destroyed Constantinople.

KJV NT origins

http://conservapedia.com/Geneva_Bible#The_Fir...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...

Jesus was reading from the OT Law & Prophets long before the RC claims on the canon.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#434391 Apr 20, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:

If the child was not baptized and died very soon after birth, then what?
Limbo? Hell?
You are saying that a simple ritual -- of which the infant has no knowledge -- gives that child special privileges with God.
Personally, I find such a belief absurd and delusional.
Question...
If the infant was born to a Hindu family and died with original sin, why would any God treat that child with less love and consideration?
Please explain why a Hindu infant is at such a disadvantage over an infant born into the "correct" denomination.
You can't.

Until he/she can believe in Jesus on their own, a child is sanctified by its believing parent.
1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they (the children) holy.

KayMarie
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#434392 Apr 20, 2013

Halloween?
with James Arrabito
www.youtube.com/watch...

Revelation 17
Five hour powerpoint presentation
www.youtube.com/watch...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#434393 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
From what I studied of history, I believe that bible-users are those seeking to caught harm to others.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
The Bay Colony, in making sodomy a capital crime, did not follow the English statute but instead adopted the language of Leviticus 20: 13.
Section 8 of the 1641 laws was thus a word-for-word translation of a Hebrew law more than 2,000 years old: "If any man lyeth with mankinde as he lyeth with a woman, both of them have committed
abhomination, they both shall surely be put to death" (Whitmore, 1890, p. 55). Astonishingly, this phraseology was to remain on the books of at least one American state-Connecticut-until some 46
years after the Declaration of Independence.
http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent ...

Christmas was also illegal viewed as a romanist holiday. Thank God for the Puritans!

www.chesebro.net/out_xmas.shtml

www.youtube.com/watch...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

Drew Carey 2002 White House Correspondents' Dinner

www.youtube.com/watch...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#434394 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
What if you are preaching lies and just believe you are preaching truth?

Then others will reprove the lies. That's how it works, lest Rome usurp authority.
Clay

United States

#434395 Apr 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Catholics like to believe this although the books of the Bible (actually a scroll at the time) were long in use as we read in early Christian letters.
Who wrote the NT books and when?
http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...
www.datingthenewtestament.com
We do not get the Bible from the RC no matter how many times you repeat this. Just the opposite is true - the RC kept the Bible from everyone. That's what part of the inquisition was about. The NT specifically came from the GREEK ORTHODOX who fled West in 1453 after Islam destroyed Constantinople.
KJV NT origins
http://conservapedia.com/Geneva_Bible#The_Fir...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...
Jesus was reading from the OT Law & Prophets long before the RC claims on the canon.
Tell you what.. you, old G, and the other 911 conspiracy Christians can meet together and bludgeon each other with scripture verses. May the best man win.

Prince George, Canada

#434396 Apr 20, 2013
And if many Christians had their way, those biblical scriptures such as Leviticus 20:13 would be put into law again in the flash of a theocratic government taking power.

Those in religion don't mind committing harm against others, if they believe their motives are of god-like sentiments.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#434397 Apr 20, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that the priest(mortal man) has authority over Jesus. And the priest calls Jesus down to what? spill His blood again??? At the Passover supper didn't Jesus say to His apostles,'Do this in remembrance of me'. Remembrance is defined as power as remembering.
Apparently so for the Roman Catholics. As for me, no. The Lord's Supper is totally symbolic. He said do this in remembrance of me. He did not say eat this because it is me. Now the Roman Catholics will refer us to John 6. They forget to keep reading until they get to John 6:63, "The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

Thank you Ella and have a wonderful evening.

Prince George, Canada

#434398 Apr 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what.. you, old G, and the other 911 conspiracy Christians can meet together and bludgeon each other with scripture verses. May the best man win.
It's god's will coming to full-fruition!

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Fri pazuzu 68
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 12 Married in 8,293
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••