Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675528 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#434624 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in the existence of a creator, but I leave the idea open that there's always more to learn.
James Randi is an absolute skeptic who leaves nothing to imagination. I don't want to be THAT rigid, because then I won't be open to new ideas whatsoever.
Just because I believe something, doesn't make what I believe into absolute truth. Maybe absolute truth doesn't even exist. I don't know.
~~~

Your post above is more.... that of an agnostic than an atheist.
truth

Perth, Australia

#434625 Apr 22, 2013
humble

o did we are..not look single issue..no

now
where is that o'clock..i mean catch up millions years on front..your Creator left law trough space and time..
Michael

Canada

#434626 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, Garlic man.
You have to stop swimming in the shallow end. It doesn't matter what right and wrong is you will always do what the church says.

Today the church says no priests shall marry. Clay says right!

Down the road one day the church will change its ways and say priests can now marry. Clay will then say Right!

Whenever the church changes a policy, so does Clay change his.

When will you ever start using your own personal knowledge to make decisions in your life, instead of always doing what the church tells you to do? Are you that simple that you can't decide for yourself? Do you need someone to help you?

very sad.........

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434627 Apr 22, 2013
This founding father President could not separate religion from government, as his religion came first and government followed his religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The Jefferson Bible … Thomas Jefferson … Introduction by Forrest Church … Afterword by Jaroslav Pelikan.

Once the Indians had been taught to raise cattle, to reckon value, to keep accounts, and to read, only then, stated Jefferson, should the missionaries be brought in.“Our experience has shown that this must be the last step of the process,” Jefferson wrote.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434628 Apr 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your post above is more.... that of an agnostic than an atheist.
I don't believe in the existence of a creator, so my guess is, most people would believe I am Atheist.

I believe that all explanations (if any are forthcoming) will be based on science ... not religion.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434629 Apr 22, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
How do I "send myself to hell?" By rejecting your imaginary god?
You are in effect saying that 90% to 95% of humanity send themselves to Hell, and your god somehow loves them but has no choice.
Next -- "God is real but I reject what he's saying." Sir, are you being serious? Please explain any of this in more detail. I have never heard theology like that.
Lastly, your definition of Hell is completely different from what your church taught perfectly for over 1500 years. Touchy, feely New Age stuff. You seem to be saying Our Lady of Fatima is a liar, as were numerous Saints and even Popes who described Hell.
This all sounds outside of traditional catholic teachings. Bizarre even, so maybe you can expound.
Hell is probably not literally fire underneath your butt for eternity. Burning? Well, I think that the being who is now absent of Gods love because they reject Him, would best be described as 'burning, suffering, and in pain. Probably not physical pain, but a mental anguish because Love is not with them anymore ..I don't believe my view contradicts Church teaching either.

Yes, I believe if the God of Abraham (the Christian, Jewish and Muslim God) manifested Himself today, most Atheist would say,'wow, He is real!' But they would want no part of Him once they heard what He had to say.

If God didn't still love the ones in Hell, then He wouldn't be God.
A father never stops loving his kids, even if they say they hate him and move to the other side of the country and booze it up with some hookers and choose to never speak to their Dad again.
Michael

Canada

#434630 Apr 22, 2013
......Son of God, born a jew,(but Jews don't believe in sons of God) Son of God lived and preached as a Jew,(but jews do not believe in sons of God) died a Jew, buried in Jewish tradition (but Jews do not believe in sons of God).......

Why would God send his son God to live his entire life a Jew, when Jews don't believe in sons of God?

.....makes no common sense....again!

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434631 Apr 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your post above is more.... that of an agnostic than an atheist.
Do you notice how you capitalize the word Christian, yet the words agnostic and atheist only deserve small-cast letters?

That was the teaching of those in religion who dominated the language.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434632 Apr 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to stop swimming in the shallow end. It doesn't matter what right and wrong is you will always do what the church says.
Today the church says no priests shall marry. Clay says right!
Down the road one day the church will change its ways and say priests can now marry. Clay will then say Right!
Whenever the church changes a policy, so does Clay change his.
When will you ever start using your own personal knowledge to make decisions in your life, instead of always doing what the church tells you to do? Are you that simple that you can't decide for yourself? Do you need someone to help you?
very sad.........
Marriage of clergy was once acceptable in the Catholic church.

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Hostility to marriage logically leads to the celibate life of the priesthood. And so it is no wonder that the great Mariologist and despiser of marriage, Pope Siricus, stood in the forefront of the battle against the marriage of priests. He had a decisive influence on the development of celibacy when in his letter to the Spanish bishop Himerius of Tarragona (385) he labeled it a crimen for priests to continue having relationships with their wives after their ordination. He called that an abscoena cupiditas.(At the beginning of the evolution of celibacy most priests were still married; only after 1139 were priests no longer allowed to marry.)
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434633 Apr 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to stop swimming in the shallow end. It doesn't matter what right and wrong is you will always do what the church says.
Today the church says no priests shall marry. Clay says right!
Down the road one day the church will change its ways and say priests can now marry. Clay will then say Right!
Whenever the church changes a policy, so does Clay change his.
When will you ever start using your own personal knowledge to make decisions in your life, instead of always doing what the church tells you to do? Are you that simple that you can't decide for yourself? Do you need someone to help you?
very sad.........
Exactly. I will adhere to what the Church decides. After all, they are run by Jesus Christ. Maybe in the future, Christ will decide married Priest belong in His Church.

Celibacy is a Catholic rule. I don't really agree with it, but that's ok. There are lots of things I don't agree with. The road to the Priesthood is another. The Church requires 8 yrs of study - basically a college degree to become an ordained Priest. Sure they flip the bill, but come on? 8 yrs? The Apostles probably had a combined 8 yrs of elementary education!!
anyway, we can disagree with that stuff and still be Catholic. Dogma we can not disagree with and still say we're Catholic.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434634 Apr 22, 2013
Horrible history, as the bully-pope Gregory VII destroyed countless marriages and ended lives by throwing tantrums to get his own way.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

Dedicated to the austere ideals of Cluny, Gregory sought to enforce clerical celibacy not only as a purer state but as a means of freeing the church from the world. In1074 he prohibited future marriages and ordered married priests to dismiss their wives or give up reading mass. Clerical marriage from his viewpoint was no better than fornication. Laymen were urged not to take the sacraments from such guilty priests. Havoc resulted. Priests were insulted, tortured; some were driven to suicide, some even murdered. Legal wives became harlots, and legitimate children, bastards. But Gregory moved relentlessly forward, unseating bishops who opposed him, especially in the north. He enforced clerical celibacy, but at a great price and without permanence, for at the time of the Reformation in the sixteenth century the church was licensing clerical concubines and taxing the children of bishops.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#434635 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Are you familiar with the myth of the creatrix, who impregnated herself? She had no need of a male, such as the mythical male-god that supposedly impregnated the virgin Mary.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
"The goddesses have stories to tell. One such story—far too long ignored—is that, in their original, unadulterated form, they were parthenogenetic. The word parthenogenesis comes from the Greek parthenos,'virgin' more or less, and gignesthai,'to be born.' It means, essentially, to be born of a virgin—that is, without the participation of a male. For a goddess to be 'parthenogenetic' thus means that she stands as a primordial creatrix, who requires no male partner to produce the cosmos, earth, life, matter and even other gods out of her own essence. Plentiful evidence shows that in their earliest cults, before they were subsumed under patriarchal pantheons as the wives, sisters and daughters of male gods, various female deities of the ancient Mediterranean world were indeed considered self-generating, virgin creatrixes."
Dr. Marguerite Rigoglioso, Virgin Mother Goddesses of Antiquity (1)
I have.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...

"10 Sophia of the Epinoia, being an Aeon, thought a thought from within herself and the thought of the invisible Spirit and Foreknowledge. She willed a likeness to appear from within herself without the will of the Spirit—It had not approved—and without her partner and without his consideration. For the countenance of her masculinity did not approve, and she had not found her partner. She deliberated apart from the will of the Spirit and the understanding of her partner. She brought forth.

Because of the unconquerable power within her, her thought did not remain idle. And an imperfect product appeared from her, and it was different from her pattern because she created it without her partner. And it was not patterned after the likeness of its Mother, for it had a different form. When she saw (the product of) her will, it was dif­ferent, a model of a lion-faced serpent. His eyes were like flashing fires of lightning. She cast him out from her, outside of those places so that none among the immortals might see him, for she had cre­ated him in ignorance.

And she surrounded him with a luminous cloud. And she placed a throne in the midst of the cloud in order that no one might see him except the holy Spirit, who is called the mother of the living. She named him Yaltabaoth. This is the Chief Ruler, the one who got a great power from his Mother."

"13 He shared with them (portions) from his fire.

Because of the power of the glory which dwells in him from the light of his Mother. he became Lord over them. Because of that, he called himself God, and he was not obedient to the place from which he had come."

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434636 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I will adhere to what the Church decides. After all, they are run by Jesus Christ.
You choose to stay ignorant of history that might teach you to perceive that they lied to you.

Members of clergy were allowed to marry, then they were not allowed to marry. You figure that out and then you will comprehend that the popes made their own rules right from the get-go of Catholicism.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434637 Apr 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
......Son of God, born a jew,(but Jews don't believe in sons of God) Son of God lived and preached as a Jew,(but jews do not believe in sons of God) died a Jew, buried in Jewish tradition (but Jews do not believe in sons of God).......
Why would God send his son God to live his entire life a Jew, when Jews don't believe in sons of God?
.....makes no common sense....again!
They choose to stay blinded by dogma ... even though the dogma continually changed by the rules of each new pope that sat high and mighty on the throne.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434638 Apr 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so clay - is a "Eucharist" only the Lord's Body if/when it's transubstantiated through a roman/vatican ordained priest? if so, whouldn't that mean then that the VATICAN/ROME owns Christianity???
try, if you can, taking off your roman/pagan brainwashing cap, step asside and look for yourself to see how absurd, tyrannical and ANTICHRIST/BABYLONIAN/ROMAN this truly is.
You need to research what the Eucharist is and how we've come to believe it. It has nothing to do the Vatican, Rome or anything else but the teachings from the Apostles and the Bishops they ordained.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434639 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You choose to stay ignorant of history that might teach you to perceive that they lied to you.
Members of clergy were allowed to marry, then they were not allowed to marry. You figure that out and then you will comprehend that the popes made their own rules right from the get-go of Catholicism.
Yes, many Popes were also married.
Like I said, its a Church rule that changed once and can change again. Its not sacred dogma.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#434640 Apr 22, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
How do I "send myself to hell?" By rejecting your imaginary god?
You are in effect saying that 90% to 95% of humanity send themselves to Hell, and your god somehow loves them but has no choice.
Next -- "God is real but I reject what he's saying." Sir, are you being serious? Please explain any of this in more detail. I have never heard theology like that.
Lastly, your definition of Hell is completely different from what your church taught perfectly for over 1500 years. Touchy, feely New Age stuff. You seem to be saying Our Lady of Fatima is a liar, as were numerous Saints and even Popes who described Hell.
This all sounds outside of traditional catholic teachings. Bizarre even, so maybe you can expound.
Not all 'New Age' is "touchy, feely".

This is the morality that has been instilled by generations of those who don't understand the various beliefs.

Sure it may be a good thing to be "touchy-feely", but in truth, it is mainly just a mental change to how we believe in, what we believe in, and how we apply it.

If one lives in love, has as a happy-go-lucky life, and is kind and helpful to others - would you consider this to be New Age?

I know of Atheists whom are like this.

It's like the morality that is instilled with marijuana - wrong.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#434641 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in the existence of a creator, so my guess is, most people would believe I am Atheist.
I believe that all explanations (if any are forthcoming) will be based on science ... not religion.
So have you heard of a woman giving birth to a chimp???

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434642 Apr 22, 2013
Thomas Jefferson was certain that all humans would die as Unitarians. And Forest Church, being a Unitarian thought that Jefferson was "enlightened" to absolute truth.

Such are the "rulings" of blatant arrogance.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Jefferson Bible … Thomas Jefferson … Introduction by Forrest Church … Afterword by Jaroslav Pelikan.

Preface

In 1978 I completed a doctorate in religion at Harvard University, and was called to the ministry of All Souls Unitarian Church in New York City, where I served ever since. Some thirty years ago, when I opened The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, I had no idea that Jefferson espoused a Unitarian theology, or that he once claimed that “there is not a young man now living in the U.S. who will not die a Unitarian.” But in retrospect I can see that the seed of a faith that has been growing ever since was then planted in the mind of a ten-year-old.

Forest Church.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434643 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, many Popes were also married.
Like I said, its a Church rule that changed once and can change again. Its not sacred dogma.
If the popes continually changed dogmas to suit their own needs ... then it is easy to understand that they also changed the first dogmas from the religion of the Jews to suit their own needs.

After all the first Catholics were Jews that broke away from Judaism.

Why would they break away from the faith of Judaism and then claim that a Jew was their savior?

If you can't see the lies, you don't want to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Mr Sir 10,518
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web