Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599552 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432465 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
All the 10C laws were there from creation. Cain murdered Abel. Honor your mother and father. Do not lie. Keep the Sabbath -- all there. Coming out of Egypt the Hebrews had to be reminded of God and his law when this was again given to Moses and Israel.
The law before then was observed by Abraham.
Genesis 26:5 "Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."
And we are told Noah was a just man. The world was destroyed by flood due to SIN not GENETICS. Sin is transgression of God's 10C law.
Show us where God gave His law to Adam and Eve and their offspring. Put up or shut up. And the world was not destroyed by flood but merely that area in which Noah lived. God told them not to murder after Cain killed Abel. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE that He had told them otherwise before Cain slew Abel.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432466 Apr 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a myth that true Christians killed anyone.
"TRUE" Christians!

Hahahahahahahaha

NO doubt you believe you are a real honest to goodness Christian that will be taken up in the sky by a Jewish savior.

That oughta be quite a surprise to Jehovah who resides in Olam Haba with all those other Jews.

You're quite the arrogant self-serving apple off the rotten Christian branch!

But you ARE entertaining.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#432467 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
By the way ... did, or did not, Adam have a belly button?
After all ... keep in mind that the god that created Adam out of clay, was invisible.
:)

June, i dont believe he did. But then again i wasnt there and we are just not told this vital info. I think it's safe to assume he didnt:)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432468 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion vs God's word. God wins.
Genesis 4:1 "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD."
So if Eve was already impregnated when Adam "KNEW" her she would still be abl;e to say that she had gotten a man from the Lord. What the Biblically Illiterate fail to realize is that Cain and Abel were fraternal twins. One fathered by ...well the one that tempted her in the garden and then she became impregnated by Adam, Abels father. This is way beyond what you are able to handle so don't sweat it. That's the reason that Cain is not listed in Adams geneology. ADAM WAS NOT HIS FATHER.

You guys are clueless on what took place in that garden. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM EATING ANY KIND OF FORBIDDEN PRODUCE.
i'M GONNA LET THIS ALONE BECAUSE THIS IS TO ADVANCED FOR YOU at this time. You still require milk as opposed to the milk of Gods word.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#432469 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Show us where God gave His law to Adam and Eve and their offspring. Put up or shut up. And the world was not destroyed by flood but merely that area in which Noah lived. God told them not to murder after Cain killed Abel. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE that He had told them otherwise before Cain slew Abel.

There are ten commandments with numerous verses for each..

The Ten Commandments From Creation
www.keyway.ca/htm2007/20070619.htm

The flood was global and killed all but eight according to the Bible and science.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432470 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Show us where God gave His law to Adam and Eve and their offspring. Put up or shut up. And the world was not destroyed by flood but merely that area in which Noah lived. God told them not to murder after Cain killed Abel. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE that He had told them otherwise before Cain slew Abel.
The myths of floods started long before the word Christianity ever existed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

It would be no exaggeration to say that almost every culture has a flood myth. While the biblical flood epic of Noah and the Ark is perhaps the best known to the Western world, ancient civilizations as diverse as Babylonia and Wales, or Russian and Sumatra, have their own versions of a giant flood. Many of these myths are surprisingly similar. The flood is seen as punishment for mankind’s sins, a family is singled out for rescue by a deity, a boat is built, and creatures of all kinds are collected to ride out the storm.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432471 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 4:1 "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD."
Your other question about Cain's wife fails to understand Adam and Eve's other children. Cain took a wife when he left.
Genesis 5:4 "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:"
Understand this. God created ALL THE RACES BEFORE HE """"formed """" Adam. I think you best re-read the book of Genesis again and start with the link I posted earlier about the two creation events.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432472 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
June, i dont believe he did. But then again i wasnt there and we are just not told this vital info. I think it's safe to assume he didnt:)
I don't think it makes any sense whatever to believe that Adam existed. The idea that a god would have to create a human out of earth, bespeaks of stupidity.

And WHY if he hated sin, would a god with any brains create bodies so that people would be able to sin, and then punish them for being sinners?

Had he left the issue alone, the pure undefiled souls would have stayed in spirit form with the god of supposed perfection.

Religion is very childish stuff indeed.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432473 Apr 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
well actually it says God made them male and female:)
Wasn't talkign abot Adam and Eve though. That was referring to the races that He created before He formed Adam. Is there a contradiction in your view where in one verse He told the races to go into the earth to conquer and subdue it yet in another verse He placed the man Adam into the garden to dress it and keep it. He didn't send him out into the world. Aren't you guys not able to see that the sunday school lessons that you have learned all your lives about creation have left you misled?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432474 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The flood was global and killed all but eight according to the Bible and science.
Are you about 10 years of age?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432475 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…
It would be no exaggeration to say that almost every culture has a flood myth. While the biblical flood epic of Noah and the Ark is perhaps the best known to the Western world, ancient civilizations as diverse as Babylonia and Wales, or Russian and Sumatra, have their own versions of a giant flood. Many of these myths are surprisingly similar. The flood is seen as punishment for mankind’s sins, a family is singled out for rescue by a deity, a boat is built, and creatures of all kinds are collected to ride out the storm.
There has been only ONE WORLD WIDE flood an d that was the flood that caused the earth to become void and without form and Jeremiah chapter 4:23-29 is talking about that flood. All the other floods have only been regional including the flood of Noah.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#432476 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:

All their flood stories come from the Biblical account. GENESIS is the oldest text on the planet.

http://archive.org/details/WhoWroteTheBookOfG...

After the flood Noah's sons founded the Land of Kish where Sumeria is, and founded Babylon.

"Kish was occupied beginning in the Jemdet Nasr period (3100 BC), gaining prominence as one of the pre-eminent powers in the region during the early dynastic period.

The Sumerian king list states that it was the first city to have kings following the deluge, beginning with Jushur."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kish_ (Sumer)

"Cush, son of Ham. The Empire of Kush to the south of Egypt is known from at least 1970 BC, but this name has also been associated by some with the Kassites who inhabited the Zagros area of Mesopotamia, the Sumerian city of Kish in the Land of Kish."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Noah#Ham...

"The Sumerian Kish, the first city established in Mesopotamia after the Flood, took its name from the man known in the Bible as Cush. The first kingdom established after the Flood was Kish, and the name "Kish" appears often on clay tablets. The early post-Flood Sumerian king lists say that "kingship descended from heaven to Kish" after the Flood."

continues:

http://davelivingston.com/nimrod.htm

The science and history confirms a global flood. Since there was a global flood, how did mankind survive?
marge

Ames, IA

#432477 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Show us where God gave His law to Adam and Eve and their offspring. Put up or shut up. And the world was not destroyed by flood but merely that area in which Noah lived. God told them not to murder after Cain killed Abel. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE that He had told them otherwise before Cain slew Abel.
And even so if true, there was perfect justice from Above, please tell us the point your trying to make dear.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#432478 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
There has been only ONE WORLD WIDE flood an d that was the flood that caused the earth to become void and without form and Jeremiah chapter 4:23-29 is talking about that flood. All the other floods have only been regional including the flood of Noah.

The universal chalk layer found around the planet proves otherwise, confirming the Biblical account.

The global fossil record further confirms the global flood.

The scientists who believe different have other religions, and a political agenda.

The Worldwide Flood - Geologic Evidences
with Dr. Andrew Snelling
http://youtu.be/jwGgSNDPhO0

The fossil record could only happen with a global flood, around 4500 years ago

Due to decay and scavengers, the only way to get a fossil is with rapid flood or volcanic sedimentary deposition that has captured every minute detail of even the most delicate creatures. These fossils are found globally at geolayers claimed to all be the same age (cambrian, ect). The only way to arrive at our fossil record is a global flood.
www.detectingdesign.com/geologiccolumn.html

Fossils are observed forming in months. Were fossils millions of years old as claimed they would have eroded away.
www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds/meridian/200...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polystrate_fossi...
http://creation.com/eroding-ages

All disproves a local flood. There would be no need for an Ark for a local flood. It is a silly liberal argument.

marge

Ames, IA

#432479 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>There has been only ONE WORLD WIDE flood an d that was the flood that caused the earth to become void and without form and Jeremiah chapter 4:23-29 is talking about that flood. All the other floods have only been regional including the flood of Noah.
huh, you are way backwards tonight. Blessings

Jeremiah 4:27
For thus has the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

Why would a prophet be taking about the past?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432480 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'idiot' is the one who doesnt know his Bible - You.
Cain is not in the list as he is not in the line to Jesus.
You are just running from place to place after it has been proven Eve had Cain. There was no pre-Adam man.
Well nw make up your mind. You claim that Adam was Cains father and he's in the bloodline of Christ yet you say that Adam was but Cain wasn't yet Adam was His father. I told you guys one of these Christians was gonna say something dumb,LOL. How can Adam be in Christ's bloodline and his supposedly oldest son Cain is not,LOL.

Have you not read the geneology of Christ as given in Luke 3 which traces Christ's bloodline all the way back to Adam yet Cain is not listed. Abel is not listed because he was slain therefore he had no progeny.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432481 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Your other question about Cain's wife fails to understand Adam and Eve's other children. Cain took a wife when he left.
Genesis 5:4 "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:"
Now I would advise you to stop trying to debate things which you know VERY LITTLE about and study the following VERY CAREFULLY by following along with your bible and you will see that the sin in the garden of Eden was not the eating of produce.

http://biblestudysite.com/realsin.htm
marge

Ames, IA

#432482 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it makes any sense whatever to believe that Adam existed.
And WHY if he hated sin, would a god with any brains create bodies so that people would be able to sin, and then punish them for being sinners?
Had he left the issue alone, the pure undefiled souls would have stayed in spirit form with the god of supposed perfection.
Religion is very childish stuff indeed.
'The idea that a god would have to create a human out of earth, bespeaks of stupidity.'

lol i thought that was your theory!

I believe He spoke and it was:)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432483 Apr 13, 2013
And then study the following. And when you have finished then we can talk.

http://biblestudysite.com/creation.htm

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432485 Apr 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
huh, you are way backwards tonight. Blessings
Jeremiah 4:27
For thus has the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
Why would a prophet be taking about the past?
Sweetie, that was referring to the flood of Genesis 1 that caused the earth to become void and without form. God destroyed the earth and did not make a full end becauae He allowed the earth to remain though unhabited. And in Noahs flood there were souls that survived yet in the flood that Jeremiah describes he stated that THERE WAS NO MAN ie no one was left on this earth. Read it again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 min greymouser 84,285
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 12 min Zog Has-fallen 240
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web