Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,841)

Showing posts 416,801 - 416,820 of513,529
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says 'listenUP', you clueless schidt-for-brains.
With Jesus Christ and TRUE Christians, those who condoned the burning of heretics and witches were NOT Christians whether they were Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests or otherwise.
They were heretics and hypocrites and will have gotten their 'just reward' when they suckedIN their last breaths.
As you will toooooooooooo.
Now...go ahead and fully explain 'other fields except religion being considered laughable'. Take your time as Ollie says that you are a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.
As for myself, I believe that when it comes to you, there is more brains in a bottle of wadda.
Go Figure.
Thank you. More proof religion is a delusion.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 73 books in my Bible, how come you only have 66? I believe there all the word of God.
~~~

In you bible you have 73 books?

BUT

THE ONLY BOOK YOU PAY ANY ATTENTION TO IS ONE THAT IS NOT IN THE BIBLE AT ALL.

IT IS CALLED YOUR CATECHISM...

(JUST AS THE MORMONS HAVE THEIR BOOK OF MORMONS)

YOUR BOOK IS EVIDENTLY LACED WITH PERSONAL INTERPRETATIONS OPINIONS

CONJECTURE..PRESUMPTUOUSNESS AND ASSUMPTIONS

THE BOOK I STUDY IS REFERENCED IN ...

Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Mal 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Pope worship.Praying to"saints".CATHOLICI SM, The corporate religion.....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he is the creator of the catholic church along with 100 learned men. who were those 100 men?
So all of the men who came before Constantine and who claimed membership in the Catholic Church were just making it up?

How do you account for the fact that there is evidence of the Catholic Church for over 200 years before Constantine came onto the scene?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
HOJO:I asked you a question about a hundred Provide a single example of where inspired apostolic "oral revelation" (tradition) differed from "written" (scripture)?
I'll give you more than one!
The Trinity, the Apostles Creed, the Nicene Creed, the Sign of the Cross, the Seven Sacraments, etc. just to name a few!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>then prove me wrong,knowing that the papal chair was bought for pope Benedict ix by his father,prove absolute undeniable proof you have true apostolic succession.
Your source of information is nothing but "bogus and bias" rhetoric! Even if it were true (which it is not) it has "absolutely (no relevance) and has nothing" to do with your ridiculous assertion that Apostolic Succession doesn't exist. Here is just one example from among 100's of thousands of Protestants who have studied, examined and researched TRUE CHURCH HISTORY before their conversion to Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church:

Apostolic Succession
By Francis J. Beckwith
Friday, 04 March 2011

In 2007, when I was prayerfully thinking about returning to the Catholic Church, there were four theological issues that were deal breakers for me: justification, penance, transubstantiation, and apostolic succession. I have already discussed penance, transubstantiation, and justification. Here, I offer a brief account of how I became convinced that the Catholic Church is also right about apostolic succession.

Catholicism holds that if a Church claims to be Christian it must be able to show that its leaders – its bishops and its presbyters (or priests)– are successors of the Apostles. This is why the Catholic Church accepts Eastern Orthodox sacraments as legitimate even though the Orthodox are not in full communion with Rome.

What amazed me is how uncontroversial apostolic succession was in the Early Church, as Protestant historian J. N. D. Kelley points out in his book Early Christian Doctrines. I expected to find factions of Christians, including respected Church Fathers, who resisted episcopal ecclesiology. There aren’t any. In fact, a leading argument in the Early Church against heretics was their lack of episcopal lineage and continuity and thus their absence of communion with the visible and universal Church. In his famous apologetic treatise, Against Heresies (A.D. 182-188), St. Irenaeus (c. A.D. 140-202) makes that very point in several places. Tertullian (A.D. c. 160-220) offers the same sort of apologetic as well.

Of course, the very early Christians did not have the elaborate hierarchy and canon law of today’s Catholic Church. But they also lacked a secure and officially closed New Testament canon, conciliar approved creeds, a global Church with a global reach, and detailed and sophisticated articulations of the Trinity, the Incarnation, and justification. An infant Church is like a human infant. In its earliest stages it possesses in its essence properties that when fully mature are exemplified differently but are nevertheless rooted in the nature of the being itself.
Fun Facts

Saginaw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Vicar: a person appointed to do the work of another...
Do you really believe that the pope did the work that you would expect Christ to do!!!!?????
You may have overlooked...
15 When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter,*“Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?”* He said to him,“Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” He said to him,“Feed my lambs.”
16 He then said to him a second time,“Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him,“Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” He said to him,“Tend my sheep.”
17 He said to him the third time,“Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was distressed that he had said to him a third time,“Do you love me?” and he said to him,“Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.”[Jesus] said to him,“Feed my sheep.i
http://www.usccb.org/bible/john/21
Questions?
http://www.avemariaradio.net/
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
All Scripture is inspired of God and is useful for teaching for reproof, correction, and training in holiness so that the man of God may be fully competent and equipped for every good work " (II Tim. 3: 16 17). "In reply he said to them:'Why do you for your part act contrary to the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition!'...This means that for the sake of your tradition you have nullified God's Word" (Mt. 15:3, 6).
The Catholic Church teaches that Tradition is a safer and clearer guide in religious matters than the Scriptures. It teaches that "Tradition is the way Christ's Church understands and lives his teachings" (Christ Among Us, p. 167). Therefore since the "Bible cannot be understood alone" it is necessary to refer to the Traditions of the Church in order to properly understand God's will. IF this is true, WHY did the Bereans in Acts 17 11 after hearing two "official spokesman" for the church STUDY THE SCRIPTURES to see if what Paul and Silas had taught were true? Remember we will be judged by God's Word and not the traditions of men (Jn. 12:48).
You got this blurb from an anti-Catholic protestant website. This is not what the Catholic Church teaches on the relationship between Scripture and Tradition. If you prefer to believe lies, that's on you. If you prefer to know what we really teach, just ask.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
HOJO:I asked you a question about a hundred posts back an you have not answered it yet,you always talk about bible only protestants,so i tried to put you to the test on showing an apostolic oral teaching,which is not in the bible,you failed,yet you still criticize others for the same thing,again i'll pose the question to you"Provide a single example of where inspired apostolic "oral revelation" (tradition) differed from "written" (scripture)?...now lets see how smart you are.
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a23.htm
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
In you bible you have 73 books?
BUT
THE ONLY BOOK YOU PAY ANY ATTENTION TO IS ONE THAT IS NOT IN THE BIBLE AT ALL.
IT IS CALLED YOUR CATECHISM...
(JUST AS THE MORMONS HAVE THEIR BOOK OF MORMONS)
YOUR BOOK IS EVIDENTLY LACED WITH PERSONAL INTERPRETATIONS OPINIONS
CONJECTURE..PRESUMPTUOUSNESS AND ASSUMPTIONS
THE BOOK I STUDY IS REFERENCED IN ...
Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
Mal 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
You don't have the first clue what the Catechism is.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
HOJO:I asked you a question about a hundred Provide a single example of where inspired apostolic "oral revelation" (tradition) differed from "written" (scripture)?

HOJO:
I'll give you more than one!
The Trinity, the Apostles Creed, the Nicene Creed, the Sign of the Cross, the Seven Sacraments, etc. just to name a few!!

The key word of jethro's question was 'differed'. Assuming also that the examples are 'inspired'.

The Bible teaches the Trinity. The Nicene Creed does not conflict with the Bible.

While baptism, healing, and marriage are all Biblical, they are MORE than childish rituals. The sign of the cross is a ritual. What do your right and left shoulders have to do with the Holy Spirit?

Salvation is by faith. "He that BELIEVETH on Me shall be saved." NOT 'he that makes the accepted rituals of men'.

KayMarie

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Pope Francis named eight cardinals from around the globe Saturday to advise him on running the Catholic Church and reforming the Vatican bureaucracy, marking his first month as pope with a major initiative to reflect the universal nature of the church in key governing decisions.JETRHO:the pope hires 8 cardinals on how to run the Church?? i thought the pope was divinely inspired on decision making? he needs to hire men to help him run the church?? the vicar of christ listens to ordinary men on how to run (lmao)the so called true church.where is god? he on vacation?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an ORAL STATEMENT or by a letter from us.jethro: ok lets hear an oral statement? anything that proves the c.c. is true church?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
All Scripture is inspired of God and is useful for teaching for reproof, correction, and training in holiness so that the man of God may be fully competent and equipped for every good work " (II Tim. 3: 16 17). "In reply he said to them:'Why do you for your part act contrary to the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition!'...This means that for the sake of your tradition you have nullified God's Word" (Mt. 15:3, 6).
The Catholic Church teaches that Tradition is a safer and clearer guide in religious matters than the Scriptures. It teaches that "Tradition is the way Christ's Church understands and lives his teachings" (Christ Among Us, p. 167). Therefore since the "Bible cannot be understood alone" it is necessary to refer to the Traditions of the Church in order to properly understand God's will. IF this is true, WHY did the Bereans in Acts 17 11 after hearing two "official spokesman" for the church STUDY THE SCRIPTURES to see if what Paul and Silas had taught were true? Remember we will be judged by God's Word and not the traditions of men (Jn. 12:48).

Anthony:
You got this blurb from an anti-Catholic protestant website. This is not what the Catholic Church teaches on the relationship between Scripture and Tradition. If you prefer to believe lies, that's on you. If you prefer to know what we really teach, just ask.

Anthony, What jethro wrote is what I've been reading on this forum...BY Catholics.

KayMarie

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
They cannot answer directly because it is a convoluted 1500 year old delusion.
Consider the priorities -- a church that claims infallible teachings condoned the burning of heretics and witches, but no one knows what these infallible teachings are?
In any other field except religion (delusion), this would be considered laughable.
religion or not it is laughable.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So all of the men who came before Constantine and who claimed membership in the Catholic Church were just making it up?
How do you account for the fact that there is evidence of the Catholic Church for over 200 years before Constantine came onto the scene?
Catholic Church for over 200 years before Constantine came onto the scene? jethro: prove it,can't use a catholic website
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
Pope Francis named eight cardinals from around the globe Saturday to advise him on running the Catholic Church and reforming the Vatican bureaucracy, marking his first month as pope with a major initiative to reflect the universal nature of the church in key governing decisions.JETRHO:the pope hires 8 cardinals on how to run the Church?? i thought the pope was divinely inspired on decision making? he needs to hire men to help him run the church?? the vicar of christ listens to ordinary men on how to run (lmao)the so called true church.where is god? he on vacation?
The pope didn't "hire" anyone. The pope isn't divinely inspired when making "decisions" on governing. You should spend some time learning what the Church actually says and teaches, not reading anti-Catholic opinions.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Think...

If there was only one big happy church, why did Constantine command them to meet in order to agree on the most basic principles?

About 60 years later, they had to meet again, because they forgot to add poor Mary to the first Creed.

Don't they have history books where Catholics come from?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
jethro8 wrote:
Anthony:
Anthony, What jethro wrote is what I've been reading on this forum...BY Catholics.
KayMarie
The Church does not say or teach "... that Tradition is a safer and clearer guide in religious matters than the Scriptures." And no Catholic has ever said that on this forum.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
The pope didn't "hire" anyone. The pope isn't divinely inspired when making "decisions" on governing. You should spend some time learning what the Church actually says and teaches, not reading anti-Catholic opinions.

A Vicar of Christ (His true successor on earth) would be 'inspired'.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 416,801 - 416,820 of513,529
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••