Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595959 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#432340 Apr 13, 2013
The Jews wrote that there should be not gods worhipped BEFORE their god ... but they were not so cunning as to think ahead and put in a disclaimer that there also should be no gods worshipped AFTER their god.

That way the ex-Jew Catholics and the Muslims would have had to surmount THAT issue, when they claimed that a god chose them as favorites.

But, those theologians couldn't think of everything that would protect them from religious vandalism. After all, those Jews that left their belief in multiple gods to create the one-god dogma were only human. Sarcasm intended.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#432341 Apr 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have the first clue what the Catechism is.
~~~

You don't have the foggiest idea what true Christianity is..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#432342 Apr 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope is not the successor of Christ on earth.
Where do you get this crazy stuff?
~~~
He might as well be god.... as far as you Roman Catholics are concerned.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#432343 Apr 13, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. More proof religion is a delusion.
Ollie says that you wouldn't know a Christian if one jumped up and bit ya.

As a matter of fact, I agree with Ollie and believe that you don't know tooo much of anything. Do you, you schidt-for-brains.

When it comes to you, there's really more brains in a bottle of wadda.

Go Figure.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#432344 Apr 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
He might as well be god.... as far as you Roman Catholics are concerned.
Stanley says that you are NO Roman Catholic and as far as religion comes...that you are a heretic and fulla schidt to the eyeballs.

Being such, you don't have the knowHow to discuss religion on any level. Its lucky that you even know how to spell the word 'pope'.

I think that the only education that you have is that which you gleaned from the ILK that tossed swill over the rails of your pigPen.

Go Figure.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#432346 Apr 13, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
The pope is not the successor of Christ on earth.
Where do you get this crazy stuff?

**********
From Catholics. Vicar:The term vicar has multiple meanings, and it has been used in Christian religions for thousands of years. The pope of the Catholic Church holds the title of Vicar of Christ, or Vicarius Christi. In essence, he is the earthly representative of God, and has received his appointment from Christ.

KM
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#432347 Apr 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You don't have the foggiest idea what true Christianity is..
That may be your opinion, and since you have no authority to make that assessment, I'll take my chances.

I do know that Christ taught us not to judge and condemn things that we are ignorant of. That brings into question your knowledge of the Christian faith.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#432348 Apr 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope didn't "hire" anyone. The pope isn't divinely inspired when making "decisions" on governing. You should spend some time learning what the Church actually says and teaches, not reading anti-Catholic opinions.
your right the pope is not divinely inspired in anything.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#432349 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Jews wrote that there should be not gods worhipped BEFORE their god ... but they were not so cunning as to think ahead and put in a disclaimer that there also should be no gods worshipped AFTER their god.
That way the ex-Jew Catholics and the Muslims would have had to surmount THAT issue, when they claimed that a god chose them as favorites.
But, those theologians couldn't think of everything that would protect them from religious vandalism. After all, those Jews that left their belief in multiple gods to create the one-god dogma were only human. Sarcasm intended.
Aren't you the chick who's been hammering on Christians, Catholics in particular, over the last several years on the other thread? What make you think your tripe will be better received here?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#432350 Apr 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
He might as well be god.... as far as you Roman Catholics are concerned.
Lets just say we give him far less authority and honor than you give Benny Hinn...or you give even yourselves.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#432351 Apr 13, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Before you condemn Sacred Tradition, you should probably understand what it is. It's not the same as tradition (small "t"). Let me give you an example;
You and I both look at the bible passages regarding baptism and come to different conclusions as to the meaning and necessity of baptism. You say John 3 doesn't mean that baptism is necessary, I say it does. Sacred Tradition tells us that the apostles taught their disciples that is IS necessary and they passed this teaching on down to the present day.
So yes, if your tradition says that baptism isn't necessary for salvation, I would say your tradition is not "safe".

**********

You must be dreaming...I never said that baptism was not necessary.

Tradition ( T or t) means trade plus action: The action of trading.

Mat 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
Mat 15:3 But he (Jesus) answered and said unto them, WHY DO YOU TRANSGRESS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD BY YOUR TRADITION?
Mat 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
Mat 15:5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
Mat 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. THUS HAVE YOU MADE THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD OF NO EFFECT BY YOUR TRADITION.
Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#432352 Apr 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
The pope is not the successor of Christ on earth.
Where do you get this crazy stuff?
**********
From Catholics. Vicar:The term vicar has multiple meanings, and it has been used in Christian religions for thousands of years. The pope of the Catholic Church holds the title of Vicar of Christ, or Vicarius Christi. In essence, he is the earthly representative of God, and has received his appointment from Christ.
KM
"Successor" is not the same thing as receiving authority or appointment. Your husband says God appointed him, why do you have such a hard time accepting that God may appoint and approve of the pope?

You should get your info from Catholic sources when it pertains to Catholic teaching. Here's some help:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15403b.htm
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#432353 Apr 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your right the pope is not divinely inspired in anything.
Thanks for your opinion.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#432354 Apr 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Before you condemn Sacred Tradition, you should probably understand what it is. It's not the same as tradition (small "t"). Let me give you an example;
You and I both look at the bible passages regarding baptism and come to different conclusions as to the meaning and necessity of baptism. You say John 3 doesn't mean that baptism is necessary, I say it does. Sacred Tradition tells us that the apostles taught their disciples that is IS necessary and they passed this teaching on down to the present day.
So yes, if your tradition says that baptism isn't necessary for salvation, I would say your tradition is not "safe".
**********
You must be dreaming...I never said that baptism was not necessary.
Tradition ( T or t) means trade plus action: The action of trading.
Mat 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
Mat 15:3 But he (Jesus) answered and said unto them, WHY DO YOU TRANSGRESS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD BY YOUR TRADITION?
Mat 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
Mat 15:5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
Mat 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. THUS HAVE YOU MADE THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD OF NO EFFECT BY YOUR TRADITION.
Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.
KayMarie
Um, the Tradition we refer to as Sacred Tradition is not of "men" since they come from Christ.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#432355 Apr 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There was only one Church, and it was the Catholic Church.
wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church." Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to the Smyrneans, 8:2 (c. A.D. 110).
be Catholic exist and are available to anyone who wishes to read them. If you're asking for evidence from the time period from non-Catholic so-called "christians", I'm not aware of any such. There was only one Church, and it was the Catholic Church.JETHRO: The catholic church was not the only church,the church of Antioch was a christian church,turned over to the catholic Church after Rome invaded the country,the church is being held captive by the C.P. church...wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church...there is no such scripture that states a name of a church connected to jesus,your statement is a lie. he created his church,not the catholic.protestant,or any other,just "MY CHURCH" which he is the head of and the only mediator to god. every other church means nothing compared to Jesus' church.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#432356 Apr 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your opinion.
fact,if he had any divine power or connection to god,why didn't he heal that crippled boy he picked up and hugged and kissed on national television? nothing happened,the poor kid is still suffering.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#432357 Apr 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure jethro8! Just like YOU YOURSELF "can't prove ANYTHING" without the use of your ant-catholic (heretical) websites1!!
world encyclopedias are not biased,like the catholic sites your constantly using.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#432358 Apr 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope didn't "hire" anyone. The pope isn't divinely inspired when making "decisions" on governing. You should spend some time learning what the Church actually says and teaches, not reading anti-Catholic opinions.
With such a small group of men hand-picked (hired) by the pope to specifically advise him in running the church and reforming the Vatican, it appears Francis wants a more collegial type of governance for his papacy. That also would meld with his reluctance to call himself pope in favor of his other main title, bishop of Rome......By NICOLE WINFIELD | Associated Press 4 hrs ago
Expert in all things

Cottonwood, CA

#432359 Apr 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>fact,if he had any divine power or connection to god,why didn't he heal that crippled boy he picked up and hugged and kissed on national television? nothing happened,the poor kid is still suffering.
opinion, not fact

Since: Nov 08

usa

#432360 Apr 13, 2013
see you tomorrow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Mr Sir 9,528
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web