Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681756 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#432532 Apr 14, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
In spite of many scientific studies attempting to show that prayer works -- nothing.
Maybe we shouldn't pray for ourselves, but rather all of mankind. Maybe then the words proclaimed over and over in the Bible will come true!
Let us pray......
"Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen."
Will anything happen?

If not, then -- Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16 -- are all lies?
The characters in those supposed holy books were meant to create images of super-humans as links to gods.

Non-human animals are not "cursed" with religion. Humans out-smarted themselves by being cunning enough to devise "invisible" gods that they then could brag about having the one or ones that loved them and hated others.

Silly stuff in deed.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432533 Apr 14, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Ollie says that you are the 'end of story'.
With schidt-for-brains like yours, you are full of schidt to the eyeballs.
I believe that the only education that you have is that which you gleaned from the ILK that tossed swill over the rails of your pigPen.
Go Figure.
I was raised under the spell of religion and never left it until I was 70 years of age.

I left because it made no more sense to me.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432534 Apr 14, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Good question. Issue to be examined? Did a perfect God create a perfect man or did he create a man in His image, who, in a loving relationship with Him could grow in His perfection as He developed more and more union and love with God. Did God abandon man or did man, in His free will abandon God?
Humans created gods in their own images.

If we had lived in the wilderness from birth with Atheist-parents, we would know nothing of religion, and our existence would be that of survival ... where the next meal was coming from ... etc.

Religion is all about programming minds with nonsense. "My religion is based on truth, and yours is based on lies."

Such arrogance and stupidity! We don't know the future, or even if there is a future as in a hereafter.

I don't know that answer, not do I pretend to know. It will be whatever it will be ... not what anyone claims it is.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432535 Apr 14, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>It makes you angry that posters will not play your game. If you are asking questions, then perhaps you should listen to the answers and ignore your questions. You see, your questions can only be because you do not know the answers so you do not know the right questions.
So if I ask the "right" questions, are you claiming to be able to give me answers?

:)
Clay

Garden City, MI

#432536 Apr 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised under the spell of religion and never left it until I was 70 years of age.
I left because it made no more sense to me.
Many think that life starting from nothing and evolving to this current state, does not make sense.
Do you believe in God? Or just not religion?
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432537 Apr 14, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you are desperate. So, in your evolution theory, why would Evo woman have to commit bestiality and have sex with a donkey for speciation to take place??
If Eve was created from Adam's rib, and Adam then had sex with Eve, that would mean he had sex with his own body.

Silly people and their silly theologies.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#432538 Apr 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
His choice of appointments has nothing to do with infallibility. And no one claims that that they are. You don't understand infallibility. Let me know if you're interested in learning.
How are you going to help anyone learn anything?

It's a delusion. Typical of a delusion, the definition has changed over time as a few old infallible teachings proved to be absurd.

Something infallible one day can somehow later be in error, because delusions have no accountability.

Also typical of a delusion, there is no list of infallible Papal teachings, because specifics can be challenged.

Shame on these wackos. Delusions should at least be plausible.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432539 Apr 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Many think that life starting from nothing and evolving to this current state, does not make sense.
Do you believe in God? Or just not religion?
I believe it's possible that the universe always existed as in having no beginning or no end. But I don't know any answers to such mysteries.

When I left religion, I left my special image of a deity behind in my mental garbage can.

Now theologians don't have any power over my thinking, and that is a huge relief.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432540 Apr 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
'The idea that a god would have to create a human out of earth, bespeaks of stupidity.'
lol i thought that was your theory!
I believe He spoke and it was:)
Believe whatever pleases you. This is a forum for expressing beliefs, and isn't freedom of expression wonderful?

When the popes reigned supreme, those that disagreed with the theologies of the popes never had that freedom, as they were labeled as heretics and witches and put to death.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#432541 Apr 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The characters in those supposed holy books were meant to create images of super-humans as links to gods.
Non-human animals are not "cursed" with religion. Humans out-smarted themselves by being cunning enough to devise "invisible" gods that they then could brag about having the one or ones that loved them and hated others.
Silly stuff in deed.
Agreed.

Why aren't prayers such as this ever prayed in churches? The answer is a clue to the real purpose of religion I believe.

"Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen."

Also, a prayer such as this one exposes the delusion.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#432542 Apr 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Eve was created from Adam's rib, and Adam then had sex with Eve, that would mean he had sex with his own body.
Silly people and their silly theologies.
What if Adam and Eve are characters in a Biblical story, illustrating the fall of human beings?

That's the part that's divinely inspired. Not whether or not a talking snake got Adam to eat an apple off the tree!
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432543 Apr 14, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
All their flood stories come from the Biblical account. GENESIS is the oldest text on the planet.
There were religions long before the Genisis blather that preached of major flood. And probably a flood of such magnitude did occur ... but the people being superstitious created myths as the reason for such a flood.

Some people believe a gigantic meteor hit earth and caused such disruption.

I would be inclined to believe a natural phenomonen occurred, rather than superstitious blather created by fear-filled humans.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Floods

Drowned City

There are many legends about submerged cities being under water. Accounts of doomed cities can be found in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Spain and Germany. But underwater archeologists have discovered that some stories of drowned cites are based on fact. In 1959, for example, skin divers located the ancient Etruscan seaport of Pyrgi off the Tyrrhenian seacoast just north of Rome. While the city was known from historical records almost no evidence for it has turned up previously.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432544 Apr 14, 2013
From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Floods

The correspondences between the sagas of Noah, Gilgamesh, and Ziusudra are so striking that historians believe that they all emerged from the same oral tradition. There is some tantalizing archeological evidence that an actual catastrophe may have formed the basis for the proliferation of these myths. Excavations in Iraq have shown evidence of a flood that took place about 2900 to 2750 B.C. But flood myths have arisen independently thousands of miles (kilometers) from the Middle East. In ancient China the gods brought a flood on humans that lasted 22 years as punishment for their wayward behavior. The Mayan and Aztecs had similar flood myths.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#432545 Apr 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it's possible that the universe always existed as in having no beginning or no end. But I don't know any answers to such mysteries.
When I left religion, I left my special image of a deity behind in my mental garbage can.
Now theologians don't have any power over my thinking, and that is a huge relief.
sad to say i couldn't find a web page where i could read the book.i bet it's a good one,the gentleman who wrote it is highly regarded as a writer by his peers.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#432546 Apr 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Catholic and no one has any power over my thinking either. I can freely leave the Church at any time. I can choose to be anything I want. I made a choice to be Catholic, even if I was born into it. I still decided on my own accord to remain in the Church when - it seems like- everyone I knew did not stay.
Its like the Eucharist...I don't believe because they told me to. I believe because I've physically partook in it. You see, I still had the choice.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432547 Apr 14, 2013

Floods

After Noah, the best-known hero of the flood sagas is the Babylonian hero Gilgamesh, whose account is enshrined in the Epic of Gilgamesh. In ancient Sumer, the man chosen for survival was Ziusudra (meaning “he saw life”). The god Enki warned him of the gods’ decision to destroy mankind in a flood. His tale is found in the Eridu Genesis that dates back to the seventeenth century B.C.: Ziusudra is instructed to build a large boat. The flood persists for seven days, at the end of which, after making sacrifices to the gods, Ziusudra is rewarded with the gift of eternal life.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#432548 Apr 14, 2013
June VanDerMark is this really your name? very royal sounding,i like it.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432549 Apr 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What if Adam and Eve are characters in a Biblical story, illustrating the fall of human beings?
That's the part that's divinely inspired. Not whether or not a talking snake got Adam to eat an apple off the tree!
You can make the story divine in your mind if it so pleases your desires, but in my mind it is simply a re-run of other ancient myths taught by ancient theologians that had no idea of science or natural occurrences.

Those theologians were filled with fear that they were being punished by their multiple images of gods.

I don't believe any outside force punishes. I believe nature simply takes its course, and when that occurs, all animals, including humans, suffer and die. I suggest that humans are nothing special at all.

June VanDerMark

Canada

#432550 Apr 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
June VanDerMark is this really your name? very royal sounding,i like it.
Yes, it is my real name.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#432551 Apr 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Catholic and no one has any power over my thinking either. I can freely leave the Church at any time. I can choose to be anything I want. I made a choice to be Catholic, even if I was born into it. I still decided on my own accord to remain in the Church when - it seems like- everyone I knew did not stay.
Its like the Eucharist...I don't believe because they told me to. I believe because I've physically partook in it. You see, I still had the choice.
Of course you could leave your religion at any time. But if you are honest, that promise of salvation is what holds you TO the religion. And I suggest that you don't ever think for a moment, that wasn't the plan of the ex-Jew Catholics that started the story.

The wanted a new religion, so they gave you a Jew as a savior. They had no choice, because the god was OF the Jewish persuasion, and they couldn't create a new god and claim at the same time that there was only one god.

They out-smarted their selves.

A Jewish god would not send his Jewish son to earth to save only Catholics ... and that is exactly what the ex-Jew Catholics Insinuated in their theology.

If you study from outside of your bible, you will see what I see. Nothing but lies, bullying, torture and murder came from those in most all religions ... including yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web