Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,829)

Showing posts 416,561 - 416,580 of512,388
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actual I did. And what authority does Adrian Rogers, or any modern theologian have, exactly? Was their a laying on the hands from an Apostle? Did Jesus come down and made them one? No one gets to mess with the doctrines, no one.
What I am getting from you is that you would rather sow discord and bitterness amongst your brothers and sisters in Christ.
I want the name of your pastor, and your church. I don't need yours, but I will confront your elders if they teach heresy even by Protestant standards. The time for timidity is over.
THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THY NEIGHBOR!
And yes, Jesus was Catholic! He is UNIVERSAL. He is the One! He is God! One God, One Temple, One Ark of the Convenant, One Tribe of Levite Priests, One Melchizedek, One Church!
There can only be One!
First you are a complete idiot. That being said, you are nothing more than a pitiful little Roman Catholic cultist trying to sound intelligent yet with every breath you reveal your ignorance.

Jesus is catholic? Really? Do you own a Bible? Read Matthew 15:24, "He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Did Jesus say He came for the Roman Catholics?

You said, quote, "What I am getting from you is that you would rather sow discord and bitterness amongst your brothers and sisters in Christ." End quote.

You are not my brother in Christ. Why? Because you are not "im Christ". You are nothing more than a big mouth Roman Catholic hiding behind the lies of your fathers. Try reading a Bible. You might learn how far from Christ you really are. Or maybe you will go eat a cracker and call it Jesus. Does that work for you?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you moronic mackerel snapper they were ALL ALL ALL Jews.
The Epistle of Barnabas????? He quotes?????????? Who cares what he quotes unless of course his quotes agree with your lies.
Have you ever read Dante's Inferno? Have you ever read the Koran? Do you agree with what is written in these books as well.
You are correct. I do not believe Jesus is a cracker. But if you so believe you can tell Him when you meet Him at the Great White Throne Judgment.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
All Catholics are also Jews. But not all Jews are Catholic.
Get it?
Small "c" catholic is the term for universal. Large "C" Catholic is Roman. Get it!!!!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Epistle of Barnabas????? He quotes?????????? Who cares what he quotes unless of course his quotes agree with your lies.
Have you ever read Dante's Inferno? Have you ever read the Koran? Do you agree with what is written in these books as well.
You are correct. I do not believe Jesus is a cracker. But if you so believe you can tell Him when you meet Him at the Great White Throne Judgment.
Who cares what Barnabas quotes. Who cares what the Apostles verbally taught their Disciples. Who cares if their Disciples called themselves Catholic and believed the same thing that Catholics believe today. Who cares what Christians believed about the Eucharist for 1,600 yrs. Who cares if the Catholic Mass dates to the first century Apostolic teachings. Who cares when the Christian Bible was created. Who cares if 32 Popes lived and died BEFORE the NT came into existence.

I'm OldJG, I declared myself a Deacon of the Lord, and as long as I can interpret the Bible myself, I'll design my own tower of Babel to Heaven.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
First you are a complete idiot. That being said, you are nothing more than a pitiful little Roman Catholic cultist trying to sound intelligent yet with every breath you reveal your ignorance.
Jesus is catholic? Really? Do you own a Bible? Read Matthew 15:24, "He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Did Jesus say He came for the Roman Catholics?
You said, quote, "What I am getting from you is that you would rather sow discord and bitterness amongst your brothers and sisters in Christ." End quote.
You are not my brother in Christ. Why? Because you are not "im Christ". You are nothing more than a big mouth Roman Catholic hiding behind the lies of your fathers. Try reading a Bible. You might learn how far from Christ you really are. Or maybe you will go eat a cracker and call it Jesus. Does that work for you?
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amongst woman, and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of my death. Amen

That's all one can say to such a stubborn ignorant, prick, who masquerades as a Deacon of Jesus Christ.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Small "c" catholic is the term for universal. Large "C" Catholic is Roman. Get it!!!!
True. The 'CATHOLIC' Church is really just 'The Church'.
'Catholic' is an adjective describing this Church.
As more and more heretics like yourself started preaching different Gospels and forming other groups and called themselves 'churches', the title 'Catholic' became necessary for identification.
'Roman' is something the Protestants attached to it in the 17th century.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad but true. But I am blessed to have a pastor that doesn't believe in that charismatic nonsense, and isn't politically correct. And we don't allow food and drink in our sanctuary.
But you got us, most churches are sadly unholy.
Many will call my name, but I know them not. For those that feel the bible is old hat, the sould remember there is nothing new under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 What has been will be again, what has been done ...

bible.cc/ecclesiastes/1-9.htmN ew International Version (©2011) What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. New Living Translation

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Roman Catholics believe the following:

1.Prayers for the and to dead.

2.Making the sign of the cross

3.Veneration of angels, dead saints, and images

4.Mass a daily ritual

5.Exaltation of Mary, term "Mother of God"

6.Extreme Unction

7.Purgatory

8,Latin used in worship

9.Prayers offered to Mary, dead saints and angels

10.Kissing the pope's feet

11.Temporal power of popes

12.Veneration of cross, images, relics

13.Holy water

14.Fasting on Fridays and Lent

15.Mass as a sacrifice and attendance made mandatory

16.Celibacy of priests

17.Rosary

18.Sale of indulgences

19.Seven sacraments

20.Transubstantiation, that the Eucharist keeps them saved.

21.Confession to a priest instead of God

21.Adoration of the wafer (Jesus is a cracker)

22.The cup forbidden to the laity at communion

23.Tradition has equal authority with the Bible

24.Apocryphal books are added to the Bible

25.Immaculate conception of Mary (actually deception)

26.Salvation by baptism

27.Infallibility of the pope

28.Assumption of Mary

29.Mary proclaimed the "Mother of the Church"

30. worship of idols..

31. protection of Patron Saints

32..That the Roman Catholic church has the monopoly and franchise on the GRACE AND LOVE OF GOD..

33. THEY DECIDE WHO CAN GO TO HEAVEN AND AND WHOM GOD WILL REJECT.

34. THE POPE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN INTERPERET THE BIBLE.

All the above conjecture.... WHEN compared with the message of Peter at the house of the Italian centurion Cornelius...THE FIRST GENTILES TO ACCEPT JESUS..

PROVE (with out question) THAT THE ABOVE RITUALS ARE UNNECESSARY BAGGAGE...THAT GOD NEVER INTENDED...

READ IT AND CONSIDER

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Act 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ:(he is Lord of all:)

Act 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Act 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Act 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;

Act 10:41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

ALSO COMPARE

with the simple words of Paul and Silas

who said...

Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

GO FIGURE

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that. But for someone who's been given truths and rejected it, salvation gets harder.
For example, if you been raised to believe Catholics worship statues, or in the false doctrines of 'scripture alone and faith alone', then how can you be held accountable because of your forefathers errors?
Its the ones who've been presented with the truth and reject it, that need to worry.
I've said before, it would have been better for Confrint, Old G, Ox, Marge and the others, to never get involved with debating Catholicism. They should have just read their Bibles and prayed everyday instead of coming on this forum, then they would have an excuse of 'not knowing' about the Eucharist etc. We've clearly shown them that their beliefs were not taught by the Apostles AND their presumptions about the Catholic faith were lies. As you see, they ignore it and carry on. To me, that's a very dangerous path to be on.
thank you Clay!

would yu be willing to reverse your train-of-thought here and possibly apply it to yourself? i.e., could you possibly be refusing truth because you prefer tradition & religion over it?

for example, i can simply and completely explain what Jesus was referring to when talking about eating His flesh and driniking His blood in the Gospel of John chap 6 and it has nothing to do with RCC hocus-pocus/transubstantiation /eucharist. the 'eucharist' is an extra-biblical & exclusively RCC idea that you will NOT find in the Bible.

would YOU be willing to receive TRUTH or would it be better for YOU to leave this discussion?

OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what Barnabas quotes. Who cares what the Apostles verbally taught their Disciples. Who cares if their Disciples called themselves Catholic and believed the same thing that Catholics believe today. Who cares what Christians believed about the Eucharist for 1,600 yrs. Who cares if the Catholic Mass dates to the first century Apostolic teachings. Who cares when the Christian Bible was created. Who cares if 32 Popes lived and died BEFORE the NT came into existence.
I'm OldJG, I declared myself a Deacon of the Lord, and as long as I can interpret the Bible myself, I'll design my own tower of Babel to Heaven.
You said, quote, "Who cares what Barnabas quotes." End quote.
Are the writings of Barnabas inspired? NO.

You said, quote, "Who cares what the Apostles verbally taught their Disciples." End quote. What the Apostles taught is what Jesus taught.

You said, quote, "Who cares if their Disciples called themselves Catholic and believed the same thing that Catholics believe today." End quote. Provide Biblical proof the Apostles called themselves Catholic. The Apostles did not believe the garbage you believe. Also, where can I find the expression Catholic in any Bible.

You said, quote, "Who cares what Christians believed about the Eucharist for 1,600 yrs." End quote. The 1600 years dates back to when your cult was created by your founder Constantine. Your form of Christianity is a mix of pagan beliefs mixed with Christian theology. Corrupt at best.

You said, quote, "Who cares if the Catholic Mass dates to the first century Apostolic teachings." End quote. When a Catholic opens the Bible they will not find the Mass. They will not find a Catholic style altar at all. All Catholics know the center of the Catholic religion is the Mass. It is the ritual artificial re-crucifixion of Jesus by a priest as he takes the cup of wine and presents it to a crucifix of Jesus on the cross and recites a prayer in Latin. Concluding his prayer the wine magically is turned into the blood of Jesus. He then gulps this down and does not share a drop with the members attending. Where did this practice originate that only priests can drink from the Cup? Paul did not teach this to the Corinthians! Next the priest picks up the IHS wafer and holds it high before the crucifix as he mumbles another prayer in Latin. Usually there is music and a song immediately after the consecration that turns the bread and wine into the flesh and blood of Jesus. This is to embellish the moment of the occasion and give it a sense of holiness. The priest then summons the faithful to come forward and receive Christ as Savior. Believing they are receiving Christ as Savior they flock to the front and stick out their tongue to receive Jesus.

You said, quote, "Who cares when the Christian Bible was created." End quote. When? Not important. Who created the Bible? Yes, God.

You said, quote, "Who cares if 32 Popes lived and died BEFORE the NT came into existence." End quote. Not one pope existed before true Christianity began at Pentecost.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
Roman Catholics believe the following:
1.Prayers for the and to dead.
2.Making the sign of the cross
3.Veneration of angels, dead saints, and images
4.Mass a daily ritual
5.Exaltation of Mary, term "Mother of God"
6.Extreme Unction
7.Purgatory
8,Latin used in worship
9.Prayers offered to Mary, dead saints and angels
10.Kissing the pope's feet
11.Temporal power of popes
12.Veneration of cross, images, relics
13.Holy water
14.Fasting on Fridays and Lent
15.Mass as a sacrifice and attendance made mandatory
16.Celibacy of priests
17.Rosary
18.Sale of indulgences
19.Seven sacraments
20.Transubstantiation, that the Eucharist keeps them saved.
21.Confession to a priest instead of God
21.Adoration of the wafer (Jesus is a cracker)
22.The cup forbidden to the laity at communion
23.Tradition has equal authority with the Bible
24.Apocryphal books are added to the Bible
25.Immaculate conception of Mary (actually deception)
26.Salvation by baptism
27.Infallibility of the pope
28.Assumption of Mary
29.Mary proclaimed the "Mother of the Church"
30. worship of idols..
31. protection of Patron Saints
32..That the Roman Catholic church has the monopoly and franchise on the GRACE AND LOVE OF GOD..
33. THEY DECIDE WHO CAN GO TO HEAVEN AND AND WHOM GOD WILL REJECT.
34. THE POPE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN INTERPERET THE BIBLE.
All the above conjecture.... WHEN compared with the message of Peter at the house of the Italian centurion Cornelius...THE FIRST GENTILES TO ACCEPT JESUS..
PROVE (with out question) THAT THE ABOVE RITUALS ARE UNNECESSARY BAGGAGE...THAT GOD NEVER INTENDED...
READ IT AND CONSIDER
Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Act 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ:(he is Lord of all:)
Act 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
Act 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
Act 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
Act 10:41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
ALSO COMPARE
with the simple words of Paul and Silas
who said...
Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
GO FIGURE
I agree, however since there is nothing new under the sun we must let him that is qualified judge.

Mark 9:40 for whoever is not against us is for us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
in case your interested my tests came back negative,i'm cancer free, thanks to modern medicine.
Praise the Lord

GIVE GOD THE GLORY, AND PRAISE FOR WHAT HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED..

in your life...

He is the one that has given the wisdom and understanding to science to create medicines...

God himself.... instructed Isaiah the Prophet to use medicine in the Bible...

2Ki 20:7 And Isaiah said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.

~~~~~~~~~

Pro 3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

Pro 3:4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Pro 3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not my brother in Christ. Why? Because you are not "in Christ". You are nothing more than a big mouth Roman Catholic hiding behind the lies of your fathers. Try reading a Bible. You might learn how far from Christ you really are. Or maybe you will go eat a cracker and call it Jesus. Does that work for you?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amongst woman, and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of my death. Amen
That's all one can say to such a stubborn ignorant, prick, who masquerades as a Deacon of Jesus Christ.
Shame shame, everybody knows your name.

You said, quote, "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amongst woman, and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of my death." End quote.

Is your quote Biblical Christianity or just more Roman Catholic crap-o-la. Part of your quote comes from the Douay-Rheims version of the Roman Catholic Bible translated from the Latin Vulgate. No other version of the Bible quotes Luke 1:28 quite like your Roman Catholic corrupt version.....

Douay-Rheims "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amongst woman, and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus."

KJ And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail,[thou that art] highly favoured, the Lord [is] with thee: blessed [art] thou among women.

NKJV And having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!"

NLT Gabriel appeared to her and said, "Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you!"

NIV The angel went to her and said,“Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

ESV And he came to her and said, "Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!"

NASB And coming in, he said to her, "Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you."

RSV And he came to her and said, "Hail, O favored one, the Lord is with you!"

ASV And he came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favored, the Lord [is] with thee.

YLT And the messenger having come in unto her, said,`Hail, favoured one, the Lord [is] with thee; blessed [art] thou among women;'

DBY And the angel came in to her, and said, Hail,[thou] favoured one! the Lord [is] with thee:[blessed art thou amongst women].

WEB And the angel came to her, and said, Hail,[thou that art] highly favored, the Lord [is] with thee: blessed [art] thou among women.

HNV Having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, you highly favored one! The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women!"

How do you explain that oh holy one of Rome.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, however since there is nothing new under the sun we must let him that is qualified judge.
Mark 9:40 for whoever is not against us is for us.
~~~

GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS IN HIS WORD IS ALL THE QUALIFICATIONS THAT A MAN NEEDS...

HIS WORD RHROUGH THE APOSTLE PAUL,...ALSO SAYS...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true. Martin Luther had no authority whatsoever to remove books from the Bible.
the pagan/christian (catholic) church had no right to change the Sabbath and the ten commandments,but they did,not for holy reasons,but for reasons of power and greed. so which church is worse? one who left out a few books or one that made unauthorized changes and also burned books for no real reason?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>then i guess it's a good thing i'm not protestant isn't it.... 2000 years of "already proven already and authenticated' Historical and biblical TRUTH....if this is what you believe how come you never post the truth? which is the pagan/christian church is not the true church,that is truth.prove me wrong,show me in your 2000 yrs. of truth jesus declares this?
You've ALREADY been proven wrong, over and over again by over 2000 years of ALREADY PROVEN as TRUE Apostolic Church History, the encyclicals, the Catholic Catechism, the Apologist historian authors and writers, the biogrqphical lives of the Saints,and the biblical and Apostolic Traditions handed down by Jesus HIMSELF.,to the Apostles.......... The Apostles taught, proclaimed and preached ALL that JESUS passed on to them from the oral teachings of Jesus HIMSELF! The problem with you Jethro8 is that you want to argue, debate and discuss your own "editorialized biblical and historical (OPINIONS) as to what "you yourself" have decided what Church History, Christianity, and the bible "should be, what should be believed, and what should be taught, from the (21 century Gospel) according to jethro8!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i've responded to this exact same post so many times with undeniable facts that i'm not going to bother any more,you must have these posts written down on cards,because you say the same thing over an over again,you don't come up with nothing new. try a little truth for once.
It is All TRUE!! That is NOT the issue!..... The fact is, that you have become "blinded to that TRUTH!

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that. But for someone who's been given truths and rejected it, salvation gets harder.
For example, if you been raised to believe Catholics worship statues, or in the false doctrines of 'scripture alone and faith alone', then how can you be held accountable because of your forefathers errors?
Its the ones who've been presented with the truth and reject it, that need to worry.
I've said before, it would have been better for Confrint, Old G, Ox, Marge and the others, to never get involved with debating Catholicism. They should have just read their Bibles and prayed everyday instead of coming on this forum, then they would have an excuse of 'not knowing' about the Eucharist etc. We've clearly shown them that their beliefs were not taught by the Apostles AND their presumptions about the Catholic faith were lies. As you see, they ignore it and carry on. To me, that's a very dangerous path to be on.
thank you Clay!

would yu be willing to reverse your train-of-thought here and possibly apply it to yourself? i.e., could you possibly be refusing truth because you prefer tradition & religion over it?

for example, i can simply and completely explain what Jesus was referring to when talking about eating His flesh and driniking His blood in the Gospel of John chap 6 and it has nothing to do with RCC hocus-pocus/transubstantiation /eucharist. the 'eucharist' is an extra-biblical & exclusively RCC idea that you will NOT find in the Bible.

would YOU be willing to receive TRUTH or would it be better for YOU to leave this discussion?
JETHRO:ooohhh! a double dog dare! will clay pick up the challenge? or not? vote early vote often folks.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true. Martin Luther had no authority whatsoever to remove books from the Bible.
And Zwingli had "no authority" to "reject and (throw out) the teachings of Jesus, in John 6:47-59, regarding the Eucharist (the TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD of Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

I declared myself a Deacon of the Lord, and as long as I can interpret the Bible myself, I'll design my own tower of Babel to Heaven.

You have already declared your church to be a god...

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE ALREADY BUILT YOUR TOWER.

AND NO ONE CAN COME INTO YOU TOWER BUT BY YOUR POPE...

~~~

The true Church trust in the name of the Lord...

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Pro 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

there is no safety in trusting in Rome....

Fact is it is destined to fall before the Islamic...

already the doctrine of the antichrist has been taught here by you Roman Catholics....

One of you have posted...

that "all religions are just different ships headed to the same island."

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've ALREADY been proven wrong, over and over again by over 2000 years of ALREADY PROVEN as TRUE Apostolic Church History, the encyclicals, the Catholic Catechism, the Apologist historian authors and writers, the biogrqphical lives of the Saints,and the biblical and Apostolic Traditions handed down by Jesus HIMSELF.,to the Apostles.......... The Apostles taught, proclaimed and preached ALL that JESUS passed on to them from the oral teachings of Jesus HIMSELF! The problem with you Jethro8 is that you want to argue, debate and discuss your own "editorialized biblical and historical (OPINIONS) as to what "you yourself" have decided what Church History, Christianity, and the bible "should be, what should be believed, and what should be taught, from the (21 century Gospel) according to jethro8!!
and how have you proven me wrong when you have not posted one shred of history that disputes the true history verified by multiple sources that i posted? Jesus may have spoke to his apostles but no where is it written that he told his apostles to set out and start a religious group of christian/pagan traditionalists and call them Catholics and to call his church the catholic church,all he said was for them to go about and spread his fathers word.you have no apostolic succession you have written history that the line was to continue after the original 13,you got a bunch dribble from a man made church bent on greed and power,nothing more.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 416,561 - 416,580 of512,388
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••