Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683876 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432449 Apr 13, 2013
In the link I posted above it is stated that the so called Marian apparitions that people of the RCC faith claim to see are merely demons in disguise as Mary. Interesting.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#432450 Apr 13, 2013
History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.

Puritanism in New England—If the established faith made for imperial unity, the same could not be said of Puritanism. The Plymouth Pilgrims had cast off all allegiance to the Anglican Church and established a separate and independent congregation before they came to America.

In several of the provinces the Anglican Church was established by law. In New England the Puritans were supreme, notwithstanding the efforts of the crown to overbear authority. In the Middle colonies, particularly, the multiplication of sects made the dominance of any single denomination impossible; and in all of them there was a growing diversity of faith, which promised in time a separation of church and state and freedom of opinion.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432451 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the first place" why was Adam having sex with his own rib???
Silly people and their silly dogmas.
:)
God made Eve from Adams DNA structure. He didn't actuallt take a rib out of the man. Adam being a man possesses both the x and y chromosome so God made Eve from Adams x chromosome thus demonstrating the POWER OF GOD. Therefore it is the males dna that determines the sex of a baby when he impregnates a woman.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#432452 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestents are simply warmed-over Catholics, that until government and religion were separated, were just as violent AS the Catholics.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.
The clergy became a powerful class, dominant through their learning and their fearful denunciations of the faithless. They wrote the books for the people to read—the famous Cotton Mather having three hundred and eighty-three books and pamphlets to his credit. In cooperation with the civil officers they enforced a strict observance of the Puritan Sabbath—a day of rest that began at six o-clock on Saturday evening and lasted until sunset on Sunday. All work, all trading, all amusement, and all worldly conversations were absolutely prohibited during those hours. A thoughtless maid servant who for some earthly reason smiled in church was in danger of being banished as a vagabond. Robert Pike, a devout Puritan, thinking the Sun had gone to rest, ventured forth on horseback one Sunday evening and was luckless enough to have a ray of light strike him through a rift in the clouds. The next day he was brought into court and fined for “his ungodly conduct.” With persons accused of witchcraft the Puritans were still more ruthless. When a mania of persecution swept over Massachusetts in 1692, eighteen people were hanged, one was pressed to death, many suffered imprisonment, and two died in jail.
That does not answer my question:

Question to all Catholics.....why were there no Catholics thrown to dogs? Why were there no Catholics crucified and burned????

Why only Christians!!!!?????
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#432453 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
That's what most of the Biblically Illiterate read and can no further but there is soooooo much that they cannot see. Why is Cain not listed in Adams geneology in neither the OT nor the NT? Now watch some Bible idiot say that it's because Cain slew Abel.

The 'idiot' is the one who doesnt know his Bible - You.

Cain is not in the list as he is not in the line to Jesus.

You are just running from place to place after it has been proven Eve had Cain. There was no pre-Adam man.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#432454 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And if you read the link I posted above qand are able to comprehend then I shall take you a little further. If not, then we shall end it here for it will be no use taking you to the lesson showing you that Adam IS NOT CAINS FATHER for that info will,well never mind.
hey buddy, even if so how would that be relevent, to the thread topic or otherwise?
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#432455 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
There is no evidence that there was a law against murder when Cain slew Abel yet Christians say that Cain sinned when he murdered Abel. Did he really? Where there is no law then there is no sin for sin is the transgression of Gods law. I like to make people think,LOL.
And when Cain was driven out from among his people, according to Biblically Illiterate Christians,there were only Adam and Eve on earth, then who did Cain marry for we are told that he took a wife from among those people to whom he fled. WHERE DID THEY COME FROM> Now watch one of my Christian brethren say someting dumb in answer.

All the 10C laws were there from creation. Cain murdered Abel. Honor your mother and father. Do not lie. Keep the Sabbath -- all there. Coming out of Egypt the Hebrews had to be reminded of God and his law when this was again given to Moses and Israel.

The law before then was observed by Abraham.

Genesis 26:5 "Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."

And we are told Noah was a just man. The world was destroyed by flood due to SIN not GENETICS. Sin is transgression of God's 10C law.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#432456 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
In the link I posted above it is stated that the so called Marian apparitions that people of the RCC faith claim to see are merely demons in disguise as Mary. Interesting.
Interesting how?

I always feared that for those who call on the dead, even the dead in Jesus.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#432457 Apr 13, 2013
The object of theologians was always to divide and conquer thoughts.

The more followers each theologian could bring to their cult, the more power they had over other theologians and their followers.

In order to build their kingdoms on earth, they had to have powerful military might, and until separation of church and government, no group survived that did not have military might.

Theology never was, and is not up to anything good, as (pertaining to thought) theologians are still busy using the divide and conquer method.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#432458 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>God made Eve from Adams DNA structure. He didn't actuallt take a rib out of the man. Adam being a man possesses both the x and y chromosome so God made Eve from Adams x chromosome thus demonstrating the POWER OF GOD. Therefore it is the males dna that determines the sex of a baby when he impregnates a woman.
well actually it says God made them male and female:)
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#432459 Apr 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
And if you read the link I posted above qand are able to comprehend then I shall take you a little further. If not, then we shall end it here for it will be no use taking you to the lesson showing you that Adam IS NOT CAINS FATHER for that info will,well never mind.

Your opinion vs God's word. God wins.

Genesis 4:1 "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD."

Your other question about Cain's wife fails to understand Adam and Eve's other children. Cain took a wife when he left.

Genesis 5:4 "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:"
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#432460 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no pre-Adam man.
Why did Adam have to commit incest by having sex with Eve, who was Adam's own rib???

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#432461 Apr 13, 2013
These theologians just won't answer the questions, and it makes me wonder why?

socci

Plattsburg, MO

#432462 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Then why did the Catholics and Protestants call each other heretics and fight to the death over who had the correct interpretations from the bible?
You really need to get out of the bible and study some real history.

The Catholics fought for their pope's empire, not the Bible. The Protestants, like others, defended themselves from Rome's neurotic empire. Since then end of the HRE this is no more proving this was the case. Protestants do not kill anyone for not believing the Bible and never have.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#432463 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did the Catholics and Protestants call each other heretics and fight to the death over who had the correct interpretations from the bible?
You really need to get out of the bible and study some real history.
It's a myth that true Christians killed anyone.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#432464 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 4:1 "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD."
Your other question about Cain's wife fails to understand Adam and Eve's other children. Cain took a wife when he left.
Genesis 5:4 "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:"
By the way ... did, or did not, Adam have a belly button?

After all ... keep in mind that the god that created Adam out of clay, was invisible.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432465 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
All the 10C laws were there from creation. Cain murdered Abel. Honor your mother and father. Do not lie. Keep the Sabbath -- all there. Coming out of Egypt the Hebrews had to be reminded of God and his law when this was again given to Moses and Israel.
The law before then was observed by Abraham.
Genesis 26:5 "Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."
And we are told Noah was a just man. The world was destroyed by flood due to SIN not GENETICS. Sin is transgression of God's 10C law.
Show us where God gave His law to Adam and Eve and their offspring. Put up or shut up. And the world was not destroyed by flood but merely that area in which Noah lived. God told them not to murder after Cain killed Abel. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE that He had told them otherwise before Cain slew Abel.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#432466 Apr 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a myth that true Christians killed anyone.
"TRUE" Christians!

Hahahahahahahaha

NO doubt you believe you are a real honest to goodness Christian that will be taken up in the sky by a Jewish savior.

That oughta be quite a surprise to Jehovah who resides in Olam Haba with all those other Jews.

You're quite the arrogant self-serving apple off the rotten Christian branch!

But you ARE entertaining.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#432467 Apr 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
By the way ... did, or did not, Adam have a belly button?
After all ... keep in mind that the god that created Adam out of clay, was invisible.

June, i dont believe he did. But then again i wasnt there and we are just not told this vital info. I think it's safe to assume he didnt:)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432468 Apr 13, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
So if Eve was already impregnated when Adam "KNEW" her she would still be abl;e to say that she had gotten a man from the Lord. What the Biblically Illiterate fail to realize is that Cain and Abel were fraternal twins. One fathered by ...well the one that tempted her in the garden and then she became impregnated by Adam, Abels father. This is way beyond what you are able to handle so don't sweat it. That's the reason that Cain is not listed in Adams geneology. ADAM WAS NOT HIS FATHER.

You guys are clueless on what took place in that garden. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM EATING ANY KIND OF FORBIDDEN PRODUCE.
i'M GONNA LET THIS ALONE BECAUSE THIS IS TO ADVANCED FOR YOU at this time. You still require milk as opposed to the milk of Gods word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 22 seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web