Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,666
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431925 Apr 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Well there is only one banner, Christ, that is true."
- opinion
- there is no proof that Jesus rose in bodily form - that would be only belief.
- for something to be true - there must be facts that back up the claim. So far, all you have is circumstantial.
"Too many Catholics are outright heathens."
- only men have claimed other men to be this.
- "God" never stated that a specific religion or belief is heresy and those who practice those beliefs are heathens. You are reaching.
No, it is history. The ONLY evidence is that there were witnesses, and they testified to what they saw.

You either must believe them, or call them liars or crazy. I believe them, since I cannot prove them liars, or crazy.

Those who are reaching for alternative stories to what was written down, are usually those trying to justify their own personal desires and sins.

There is no motive for lying in this case. Being a Christian is very difficult, and very challenging. Every heresy in the world was some attempt to make it easier and skip some moral commandment.

I know, because I still struggle with some of His commands. They simply are not easy. I have chosen to accept the most difficult religion on earth.

I could have gone an easier route and chosen another.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431926 Apr 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Now we need the Medieval Church. We need Thomas Aquinas. We need you to get Medieval again ... "
- if you can't beat them - BEAT, BURN AND TORTURE them. Let's get "medieval"??!!
Christianity does divide.
Never been done. Only the secular (non-Catholic authority) in Medieval times had any power to execute people. You see, you are falling for the same historical lies as the atheists, or propaganda issued by the early Protestants. Fox's Book of Martyrs, perhaps?

First, to truly grasp the situation, you must go to original sources. And when you do, as I have, you will find that:

Galileo was never treated unjustly.

The Crusades were not evil.

Medieval peoples did not believe the world was flat, or failed to bathe often, or were primitive in thought or deed.

That the Inquisition was evil (any of them), or had the power to execute people.(I learned this from a Jewish atheist who wrote about the history of New Mexico, and Crypto-Jews. Even HE had to tell the audience, before he could proceed with the lecture, that the Inquisition was not as we think.)

There are countless vile lies about Christian history. Naturally, because we are despised, as Jesus said we would be.

When I say the Church needs to get Medieval, what I mean is that it needs to ASSERT ITS FULL MORAL AUTHORITY OVER ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE. Governments included, since the separation of church and state never meant what most people think it means either.

That does NOT mean burning at the stake, which ITSELF was strictly anti-Christian, is being endorsed. Excommunication and exile are the only legitimate punishments, unless one continues to push their own beliefs as fact upon the population, then stronger measures MIGHT be justified.

And I am testing all of you. If the word "Medieval" conjures up ideas of witch burning, then you are ignorant of history. That is not at all what Medieval times was about. It was about the development of the most technologically advanced civilization the world has ever seen, about people that struggled to make a better world, who brought us science, and universities, and the Renaissance.

All of those that lie about Medieval people, and who they actual were, and what they actual did, are vile creatures.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431927 Apr 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptist? Is that the best you can be?
You say you believe in all what Jesus taught, but you are Baptist.
I think you are trying to pull a fast one over someone.
If you were to believe in all of what Jesus taught, you would/could not be Baptist.
Please don't mislead others.
You are right. I should be Catholic.

But I am not trying to mislead others. Nor do I claim to be part of the only true Church. Nor does my own church make this claim.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431928 Apr 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so. I've been dealing with the most vile of human beings the Internet has to offer. Just google Yankee Yahoo, and see how many battles have been in over the year. And yes, I did get jaded, and let the world make me a little bitter.
But no more. You have no idea what seeds you might be planting. Maybe you're tactics were better in the beginning, maybe not. But not trying is a sin, and not doing your very best is a sin, and giving up and letting yourself become bitter is a sin.
And I assure, Protestants are listening. I am still one. I am a Baptist, and already I see something stirring in the hearts of both sides. More and more Protestants are speaking well of Catholics, and my own church let a Catholic speak to our whole flock on matters that concern us both. Why am I not Catholic yet? Because my family is not convinced. But we have more young Catholics doing Bible-studies, long overdue, at UNM standing up against the enemy. And we have Catholics coming to Protestant Bible study ... not to try and cause trouble, but learn that we have more in common than we realize.
The seeds have been planted. Now pray like your life depends on it, because it does. The hate and bigotry is nothing what the Saints endured, and not even close to what Our Lord endured. Gather the strength, and redouble your efforts, brother.
~~~
THE BAPTIST....
COMPROMISING THEIR CHRISTIAN FAITH
LEANING TOWARD THE PAGAN ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
WHILE CONSIDERING BECOMING PARTY TO THEIR CONJECTURE ...
IS JUST ANOTHER SIGN THAT WE ARE LIVING IN
LAST DAYS...
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
And what am I compromising? And what is pagan about the Catholics?

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431929 Apr 10, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
There you have it Clay. The confrinter is not worth spending time. You and others have warned these factious people many times, but they have closed their minds. They have no eyes to see and ears to hear. They offer nothing in rebuttal to the solid arguments. Their faith is in their own ideology and interpretations and skewed history. They are perfect in every way just ask them. No wrong however is too great lest it be a Catholic for which forgiveness does not apply. Scott Hahns story comes to life. G.K. Chesterton and every other convert. At first they fight and struggle to overcome and deny reality. Eventually they can no longer deny the truth. Frint denies any truth other than that which he chooses to believe which is not based in fact, but a desperate attempt to hold on to the erroneous beliefs he has held. It is hard for many to admit what they have been taught and believed their whole life is not based in truth. The Apostles and Martyrs died for telling people what they did not want to hear. Hojo is right. Why not repeat the same thing to them. They do not listen they never have. I don't think a single one of them could actually tell you what you believe and why. They mock the fathers, they mock anything Catholic, yet they will blindly post any piece of tabloid trash and when proven to be a lie prance on to the next one or throw out abuse as if it doesn't exist amongst them. These are wretched people. By OSAS standards all Catholics fit the bill, but they dance around that too. Over and over and over again they have shown their multiple discrepancies of what they believe, but close it out of their minds. It's truly sad to see.
All too true.

So ask who their pastors are, and go to the source. Ask what church they attend, and see what is being taught.

And if they have neither, then you have them, because they are not practicing any form of Christianity whatsoever.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431930 Apr 10, 2013
3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

(1 Timothy 6:3 ESV)

Sounds like many of you are obsessed in this unhealthy controversy, which has led to malicious talk.
marge

Ames, IA

#431931 Apr 10, 2013
"Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts." Jeremiah 15:16

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431932 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple. Tens of thousands of copiers began copying all of the books from the outset. Thus, the Bible was preserved, and came down to us.
"Tens of thousands"
- hmmmmm.....citation please, considering illiteracy was rampant in the first five centuries - thanks to the so-called "Church".

BTW - scribal errors have already been proven to occur, that would and had changed the meaning of a passage.

Bart Ehrman discusses four different examples in his book "Misquoting Jesus".
http://www.amazon.com/Misquoting-Jesus-Story-...

You'll have to come up with something to better support what you have stated.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent until proven guilty is not just some legal term, it is an ethical and moral one. For no one may accuse the dead of lying or falseness without proof, or at all since the dead cannot defend themselves.
You'll have to first provide proof that those dead people even wrote what you claim is "innocent".

Citation please.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that countless years were wasted by people copying the WRONG gospels and books. Or, that they deliberately did something against Jesus, or changed Scripture, or did something dishonest.
I didn't say that at all.

What I was pointing out is that, there are no witness accounts that were contemporary with the actual occurances, so how is that you find them true and accurate, if at a minimum these books were written decades later.

If one is to accept all of what Jesus taught, then the picture forms on who he was, and what he taught.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, prove it. It's the same for the atheists, who use your exact same arguments to denounce the whole Faith. Except that Arians and Cathars use it to make up their own ideas about what Jesus said or did.
I have with the link above.

How much evidence do you require from me? I'd like to get this out of the way early, because if I am to keep posting support and evidence, then I want to make sure I achieve it completely.

How much?
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust the 12 Apostles. I trust those that appointed in their place, and the line of success, unbroken for all of these ages.
Gnostics have no such claim.
No you don't, but to give you the benefit of a doubt - which of the original 13 Apostles do you trust? Please list them all.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is all about trust. I trust Jesus, and what he did, and who He put in charge of His Church. Why should I not? It would be a sin for me to accuse any of them without evidence.
- The so-called "Church" has not been fully defined, so your argument is lacking substance and may be just trying to mislead others.

If you trust Jesus, then you turst all his teachings. The Baptist do NOT accept non-canonical texts as part of their doctrine. With you saying the opposite, it is clear you are not Baptist.

You don't have to accuse anyone, because you've already lied to yourself about your honesty with believing in Jesus.
Clay

United States

#431933 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18).
What name are you referring to? All Christians were just called Christians by others. Catholic was only used to describe the emerging church structure that arose. I agree, Catholics should not call themselves Catholics, but Christians only. But I understand why they do with all the denominations now that exist.
If you mean Roman Catholic Church, that is not, and never has been the name of the Church. Roman is a Protestant name attached to the Catholic Church, not their own. They have 23 Rites, and the proper name of the Western churches is the Latin Rite, as we mostly come from the Latin tradition in Western Europe. But there are 22 others.
It is really just named the Catholic Church, but simply means Universal Church. No, Jesus did not use that, but nor did he denounce it. Why would he? Universal is precisely what he wanted, for us ALL to come to HIS Church.
Most Catholics do not know that. Its interesting a Protestant knows more about Church history than Catholics. That's why its so easy for Evangelicals to away Catholics away from the Church.

Most have no idea ROMAN Catholic is a Protestant name given to us that stuck. It stuck so much, the Catholic Church doesn't correct it, and sometimes uses it for administrative purposes, but not in the official capacity of the Church.
Its interesting that later cultist and some Evangelicals point to Book of Revelation, and say its the ROMAN Catholic Church (not Pagan Rome) that John was writing about. They have no clue that the name was given by England and carried over to the USA. Oh well, it ain't going away now.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431934 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is history. The ONLY evidence is that there were witnesses, and they testified to what they saw.
With you keep voicing it without providing any support, is a typical so-called "Christian" problem. Repeating it does not make it true.

Please name all the witnesses you think testified accurately.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>You either must believe them, or call them liars or crazy. I believe them, since I cannot prove them liars, or crazy.
I've already hsown you that the writings have been changed and now flawed. What more evidence do you need to believe in the evidence?

Or more accurately - you are afraid the Bible is incorrect, which causes a big dent in your theology, so you continue to deny the truths by being dishonest with others and yourself?

Well?
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>Those who are reaching for alternative stories to what was written down, are usually those trying to justify their own personal desires and sins.
Citation please.

Oh I get it. Your belief is correct and all others are wrong.

Your arrogance is starting to show.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>There is no motive for lying in this case. Being a Christian is very difficult, and very challenging. Every heresy in the world was some attempt to make it easier and skip some moral commandment.
Please cite the passage or text that has "God" stating these heresies.

Or are you going to just pass this point of interest on by and go on living a lie told to you by men?

Seriously, where has "God" stated that a specific belief is heresy.

I think you are continuing to lie for your religion and belief.

Where's the honesty?
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>I know, because I still struggle with some of His commands. They simply are not easy. I have chosen to accept the most difficult religion on earth.
I could have gone an easier route and chosen another.
You struggle because you let other men dictate for what you are to believe.

Choose Self. Jesus did. Don't you want to be like Jesus?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431935 Apr 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about this. Over thousands of years the jews wrote the OT. The Jews claimed to have received the 10 commandments from God, even chritiainity believes that, but Jews do not believe in sons of God, so why would God send his son down to earth to be born a jew, live his life and practice his jewish faith as the son of God, if Jews do not believe in sons of God?
.......makes no common sense....
the son of a god walking the earth? big pill to swallow,and if Jesus was just a Jewish man,of course Jewish people are going to have doubts,since there is no writings by ordinary Jewish people about the so called miracles that happened,there is going to be serious doubt, Albert einstein even said there is nothing special about his people,if Moses or Jesus were the first writers of the books Jesus would have to be made a Jew.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431936 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been done. Only the secular (non-Catholic authority) in Medieval times had any power to execute people. You see, you are falling for the same historical lies as the atheists, or propaganda issued by the early Protestants. Fox's Book of Martyrs, perhaps?
First, to truly grasp the situation, you must go to original sources. And when you do, as I have, you will find that:
Galileo was never treated unjustly.
The Crusades were not evil.
Medieval peoples did not believe the world was flat, or failed to bathe often, or were primitive in thought or deed.
That the Inquisition was evil (any of them), or had the power to execute people.(I learned this from a Jewish atheist who wrote about the history of New Mexico, and Crypto-Jews. Even HE had to tell the audience, before he could proceed with the lecture, that the Inquisition was not as we think.)
There are countless vile lies about Christian history. Naturally, because we are despised, as Jesus said we would be.
When I say the Church needs to get Medieval, what I mean is that it needs to ASSERT ITS FULL MORAL AUTHORITY OVER ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE. Governments included, since the separation of church and state never meant what most people think it means either.
That does NOT mean burning at the stake, which ITSELF was strictly anti-Christian, is being endorsed. Excommunication and exile are the only legitimate punishments, unless one continues to push their own beliefs as fact upon the population, then stronger measures MIGHT be justified.
And I am testing all of you. If the word "Medieval" conjures up ideas of witch burning, then you are ignorant of history. That is not at all what Medieval times was about. It was about the development of the most technologically advanced civilization the world has ever seen, about people that struggled to make a better world, who brought us science, and universities, and the Renaissance.
All of those that lie about Medieval people, and who they actual were, and what they actual did, are vile creatures.
Unfortunately none of this applies to the 21st C.

You probably also applaud slavery, rape and incest, because all of these are in the Bible that you trust is "true".

You are deluded.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431937 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am testing all of you.
Why?

Your arrogance is now peeking through my monitor.

What can you test me for? With you just saying this, goes to show you don't know squat about what you think others should be like.

Why aren't you on TV teaching the world?
A: because you don't have anything that does teach and would allow you test someone.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
If the word "Medieval" conjures up ideas of witch burning, then you are ignorant of history.
I'm not ignorant of history, far from it.

You'll have to support your position to show that these horrendous acts didn't occur - or didn't occur as common, or to non-believers.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not at all what Medieval times was about.
Probably not, but these acts sure played a role during those times.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was about the development of the most technologically advanced civilization the world has ever seen, about people that struggled to make a better world, who brought us science, and universities, and the Renaissance.
Looks like the 20th and the 21st centuries trumped this time period.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
All of those that lie about Medieval people, and who they actual were, and what they actual did, are vile creatures.
Huh?

What are you claiming now? Are you trying to rewrite history?

Good luck with that.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431938 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18).
What name are you referring to? All Christians were just called Christians by others. Catholic was only used to describe the emerging church structure that arose. I agree, Catholics should not call themselves Catholics, but Christians only. But I understand why they do with all the denominations now that exist.
If you mean Roman Catholic Church, that is not, and never has been the name of the Church. Roman is a Protestant name attached to the Catholic Church, not their own. They have 23 Rites, and the proper name of the Western churches is the Latin Rite, as we mostly come from the Latin tradition in Western Europe. But there are 22 others.
It is really just named the Catholic Church, but simply means Universal Church. No, Jesus did not use that, but nor did he denounce it. Why would he? Universal is precisely what he wanted, for us ALL to come to HIS Church.
like i stated before the church would not be in existence today if not for the pagan/christian emperor Constantine,every date used is pagan,the outfit of the pope is of pagan origin,the catholic church is a man made pagan/christian church,that is lead by a man referred to as pope,it changed the Sabbath and the commandments with no divine authority. the true church would have all the answers and never change their beliefs,the p/c church does it on a regular basis, Jesus is the leader of the true church,the pope is not,you can't have two leaders.and going by the dark history of the church,there is no way it is the true church,that is impossible.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#431939 Apr 10, 2013
be back later

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431940 Apr 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Baptist? Is that the best you can be?
You say you believe in all what Jesus taught, but you are Baptist.
I think you are trying to pull a fast one over someone.
If you were to believe in all of what Jesus taught, you would/could not be Baptist.
Please don't mislead others.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. I should be Catholic.
But I am not trying to mislead others. Nor do I claim to be part of the only true Church. Nor does my own church make this claim.
Wrong again, because the Catholics don't believe in all of what Jesus taught.

Do you have another branch that you want to see if you fit into?

BTW - there are many so-called "churches" that claim to be the true church, the RCC is but one.

Which is good your church doesn't make this claim, because they would be at odds with teh RCC, and thus just causing more division in Christianity.

Christianity divides.

Thanks for providing further evidence of this trait within that community.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431941 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
(1 Timothy 6:3 ESV)
Sounds like many of you are obsessed in this unhealthy controversy, which has led to malicious talk.
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?

If you were to listen and use what Jesus said, the statement by "Paul" is wrong:

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

You do still trust Jesus, right?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431942 Apr 10, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
There you have it Clay. The confrinter is not worth spending time. You and others have warned these factious people many times, but they have closed their minds. They have no eyes to see and ears to hear. They offer nothing in rebuttal to the solid arguments. Their faith is in their own ideology and interpretations and skewed history. They are perfect in every way just ask them. No wrong however is too great lest it be a Catholic for which forgiveness does not apply. Scott Hahns story comes to life. G.K. Chesterton and every other convert. At first they fight and struggle to overcome and deny reality. Eventually they can no longer deny the truth. Frint denies any truth other than that which he chooses to believe which is not based in fact, but a desperate attempt to hold on to the erroneous beliefs he has held. It is hard for many to admit what they have been taught and believed their whole life is not based in truth. The Apostles and Martyrs died for telling people what they did not want to hear. Hojo is right. Why not repeat the same thing to them. They do not listen they never have. I don't think a single one of them could actually tell you what you believe and why. They mock the fathers, they mock anything Catholic, yet they will blindly post any piece of tabloid trash and when proven to be a lie prance on to the next one or throw out abuse as if it doesn't exist amongst them. These are wretched people. By OSAS standards all Catholics fit the bill, but they dance around that too. Over and over and over again they have shown their multiple discrepancies of what they believe, but close it out of their minds. It's truly sad to see.

New Age writes:

Why do you make up things about others, but never are honest about your own beliefs?
- why don't you believe all of what Jesus taught?
- why do you accept what men have given you?

These two questions summarizes everything you point out against the Protestants, yet based upon them, you are right along side them.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431943 Apr 10, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust the 12 Apostles. I trust those that appointed in their place, and the line of success, unbroken for all of these ages.

Gnostics have no such claim.
Another made up hypothesis?

Gnostics accept many more of the Apostles and other gospels than Christianity does.

GoThomas
GoPhilip
GoMary
GoHebrews

There are three more Apostles than you have been told to only believe.

Honesty.

Self.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#431944 Apr 10, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 2 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE