Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665403 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#432075 Apr 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that. But for someone who's been given truths and rejected it, salvation gets harder.
For example, if you been raised to believe Catholics worship statues, or in the false doctrines of 'scripture alone and faith alone', then how can you be held accountable because of your forefathers errors?
Its the ones who've been presented with the truth and reject it, that need to worry.
I've said before, it would have been better for Confrint, Old G, Ox, Marge and the others, to never get involved with debating Catholicism. They should have just read their Bibles and prayed everyday instead of coming on this forum, then they would have an excuse of 'not knowing' about the Eucharist etc. We've clearly shown them that their beliefs were not taught by the Apostles AND their presumptions about the Catholic faith were lies. As you see, they ignore it and carry on. To me, that's a very dangerous path to be on.
thank you Clay!

would yu be willing to reverse your train-of-thought here and possibly apply it to yourself? i.e., could you possibly be refusing truth because you prefer tradition & religion over it?

for example, i can simply and completely explain what Jesus was referring to when talking about eating His flesh and driniking His blood in the Gospel of John chap 6 and it has nothing to do with RCC hocus-pocus/transubstantiation /eucharist. the 'eucharist' is an extra-biblical & exclusively RCC idea that you will NOT find in the Bible.

would YOU be willing to receive TRUTH or would it be better for YOU to leave this discussion?
JETHRO:ooohhh! a double dog dare! will clay pick up the challenge? or not? vote early vote often folks.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#432076 Apr 11, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true. Martin Luther had no authority whatsoever to remove books from the Bible.
And Zwingli had "no authority" to "reject and (throw out) the teachings of Jesus, in John 6:47-59, regarding the Eucharist (the TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD of Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#432077 Apr 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what Barnabas quotes. Who cares what the Apostles verbally taught their Disciples. Who cares if their Disciples called themselves Catholic and believed the same thing that Catholics believe today. Who cares what Christians believed about the Eucharist for 1,600 yrs. Who cares if the Catholic Mass dates to the first century Apostolic teachings. Who cares when the Christian Bible was created. Who cares if 32 Popes lived and died BEFORE the NT came into existence.
I'm OldJG, I declared myself a Deacon of the Lord, and as long as I can interpret the Bible myself, I'll design my own tower of Babel to Heaven.
~~~

I declared myself a Deacon of the Lord, and as long as I can interpret the Bible myself, I'll design my own tower of Babel to Heaven.

You have already declared your church to be a god...

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE ALREADY BUILT YOUR TOWER.

AND NO ONE CAN COME INTO YOU TOWER BUT BY YOUR POPE...

~~~

The true Church trust in the name of the Lord...

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Pro 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

there is no safety in trusting in Rome....

Fact is it is destined to fall before the Islamic...

already the doctrine of the antichrist has been taught here by you Roman Catholics....

One of you have posted...

that "all religions are just different ships headed to the same island."

usa

#432078 Apr 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've ALREADY been proven wrong, over and over again by over 2000 years of ALREADY PROVEN as TRUE Apostolic Church History, the encyclicals, the Catholic Catechism, the Apologist historian authors and writers, the biogrqphical lives of the Saints,and the biblical and Apostolic Traditions handed down by Jesus HIMSELF.,to the Apostles.......... The Apostles taught, proclaimed and preached ALL that JESUS passed on to them from the oral teachings of Jesus HIMSELF! The problem with you Jethro8 is that you want to argue, debate and discuss your own "editorialized biblical and historical (OPINIONS) as to what "you yourself" have decided what Church History, Christianity, and the bible "should be, what should be believed, and what should be taught, from the (21 century Gospel) according to jethro8!!
and how have you proven me wrong when you have not posted one shred of history that disputes the true history verified by multiple sources that i posted? Jesus may have spoke to his apostles but no where is it written that he told his apostles to set out and start a religious group of christian/pagan traditionalists and call them Catholics and to call his church the catholic church,all he said was for them to go about and spread his fathers word.you have no apostolic succession you have written history that the line was to continue after the original 13,you got a bunch dribble from a man made church bent on greed and power,nothing more.

usa

#432079 Apr 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise the Lord
GIVE GOD THE GLORY, AND PRAISE FOR WHAT HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED..
in your life...
He is the one that has given the wisdom and understanding to science to create medicines...
God himself.... instructed Isaiah the Prophet to use medicine in the Bible...
2Ki 20:7 And Isaiah said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.
~~~~~~~~~
Pro 3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
Pro 3:4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
Pro 3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
if god is responsible for modern medicine why is everything discovered by trial an error and scientists are not given the answer to a cure right away??

usa

#432080 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Praise the Lord
GIVE GOD THE GLORY, AND PRAISE FOR WHAT HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED..
in your life...
He is the one that has given the wisdom and understanding to science to create medicines...
God himself.... instructed Isaiah the Prophet to use medicine in the Bible...
2Ki 20:7 And Isaiah said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.
~~~~~~~~~
Pro 3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
Pro 3:4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
Pro 3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
and why must hundreds of people must die before a cure is given by god? possibly me included one day way to soon?

usa

#432081 Apr 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is All TRUE!! That is NOT the issue!..... The fact is, that you have become "blinded to that TRUTH!
i'm not the blind one my friend.

usa

#432082 Apr 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've ALREADY been proven wrong, over and over again by over 2000 years of ALREADY PROVEN as TRUE Apostolic Church History, the encyclicals, the Catholic Catechism, the Apologist historian authors and writers, the biogrqphical lives of the Saints,and the biblical and Apostolic Traditions handed down by Jesus HIMSELF.,to the Apostles.......... The Apostles taught, proclaimed and preached ALL that JESUS passed on to them from the oral teachings of Jesus HIMSELF! The problem with you Jethro8 is that you want to argue, debate and discuss your own "editorialized biblical and historical (OPINIONS) as to what "you yourself" have decided what Church History, Christianity, and the bible "should be, what should be believed, and what should be taught, from the (21 century Gospel) according to jethro8!!
lets not forget, which you are, apostolic succession does not exist which is the bases of the churches belief it is the true church,the papal chair was bought and paid for in advance centuries ago,so how can you have honest apostolic succession??? you can't
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#432083 Apr 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
It is quite naive on your part to think that Martin Luther set the stage for 42,000 contradicting divisions.Really hojo,I think your conversion to Catholicism has distorted your thinking,and separated you from the reality of Moral truth,that was the basic foundation of what Luther was fighting for to begin with.
Not at all! I am quite thankful for being raised in a bible only Church (confirmation, bible school, bible University and protestant pre-theology study. The result was that---the more. deeply that I researched over 2000 years TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the more "advanced and extensive" study of the bible that was required, the more the "REAL TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible (was revealed) as it paralleled and complimented TRUE Church History. If Luther were alive today, he would be "agast and liv--ed. at the "deterioration of the "mess, confusion and divisions within the Protestant beliefs today---------TOTALLY CONTRARY to what Luther had originally attempted to change in the Catholic Christian faith. It was the "later Protestant theologians that "threw out" ANYTHING Catholic whether true or not that has led to this "modern day" 42,000+ bible only Protestant confusion, contradicting and inconsistent "chaos" that has resulted in "false and distorted bible interpretation with editorial (personal opinionated (half-truth) Christianity each individuals "personal opinion" is the final authority
Clay

Garden City, MI

#432084 Apr 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that. But for someone who's been given truths and rejected it, salvation gets harder.
For example, if you been raised to believe Catholics worship statues, or in the false doctrines of 'scripture alone and faith alone', then how can you be held accountable because of your forefathers errors?
Its the ones who've been presented with the truth and reject it, that need to worry.
I've said before, it would have been better for Confrint, Old G, Ox, Marge and the others, to never get involved with debating Catholicism. They should have just read their Bibles and prayed everyday instead of coming on this forum, then they would have an excuse of 'not knowing' about the Eucharist etc. We've clearly shown them that their beliefs were not taught by the Apostles AND their presumptions about the Catholic faith were lies. As you see, they ignore it and carry on. To me, that's a very dangerous path to be on.
thank you Clay!
would yu be willing to reverse your train-of-thought here and possibly apply it to yourself? i.e., could you possibly be refusing truth because you prefer tradition & religion over it?
for example, i can simply and completely explain what Jesus was referring to when talking about eating His flesh and driniking His blood in the Gospel of John chap 6 and it has nothing to do with RCC hocus-pocus/transubstantiation /eucharist. the 'eucharist' is an extra-biblical & exclusively RCC idea that you will NOT find in the Bible.
would YOU be willing to receive TRUTH or would it be better for YOU to leave this discussion?
JETHRO:ooohhh! a double dog dare! will clay pick up the challenge? or not? vote early vote often folks.
Clearly we've showed that the Apostles taught Transubstantiation, even if the official term wasn't defined until later.

"They do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Flesh which died for us, and the father in His goodness, raised up again. They who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"
Ignatius, Disciple of the Apostle John.

usa

#432085 Apr 11, 2013
TO HOJO:. Pope Benedict IX (c. 1012 – 1065/85)
Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son Benedict led a highly immoral life, and was accused of various rapes, adulteries, and murders. According to St. Peter Damian, Benedict was “a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest,” and his carousing eventually caused him to be forcefully expelled from Rome....jethro:NOW PROVE TO ME APOSTOLIC SUCCESSION TRULY EXISTS??
Clay

Garden City, MI

#432086 Apr 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you moronic mackerel snapper they were ALL ALL ALL Jews.
The Epistle of Barnabas????? He quotes?????????? Who cares what he quotes unless of course his quotes agree with your lies.
Have you ever read Dante's Inferno? Have you ever read the Koran? Do you agree with what is written in these books as well.
You are correct. I do not believe Jesus is a cracker. But if you so believe you can tell Him when you meet Him at the Great White Throne Judgment.
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Who cares what Barnabas quotes." End quote.
Are the writings of Barnabas inspired? NO.
You said, quote, "Who cares what the Apostles verbally taught their Disciples." End quote. What the Apostles taught is what Jesus taught.
You said, quote, "Who cares if their Disciples called themselves Catholic and believed the same thing that Catholics believe today." End quote. Provide Biblical proof the Apostles called themselves Catholic. The Apostles did not believe the garbage you believe. Also, where can I find the expression Catholic in any Bible.
You said, quote, "Who cares what Christians believed about the Eucharist for 1,600 yrs." End quote. The 1600 years dates back to when your cult was created by your founder Constantine. Your form of Christianity is a mix of pagan beliefs mixed with Christian theology. Corrupt at best.
You said, quote, "Who cares if the Catholic Mass dates to the first century Apostolic teachings." End quote. When a Catholic opens the Bible they will not find the Mass. They will not find a Catholic style altar at all. All Catholics know the center of the Catholic religion is the Mass. It is the ritual artificial re-crucifixion of Jesus by a priest as he takes the cup of wine and presents it to a crucifix of Jesus on the cross and recites a prayer in Latin. Concluding his prayer the wine magically is turned into the blood of Jesus. He then gulps this down and does not share a drop with the members attending. Where did this practice originate that only priests can drink from the Cup? Paul did not teach this to the Corinthians! Next the priest picks up the IHS wafer and holds it high before the crucifix as he mumbles another prayer in Latin. Usually there is music and a song immediately after the consecration that turns the bread and wine into the flesh and blood of Jesus. This is to embellish the moment of the occasion and give it a sense of holiness. The priest then summons the faithful to come forward and receive Christ as Savior. Believing they are receiving Christ as Savior they flock to the front and stick out their tongue to receive Jesus.
You said, quote, "Who cares when the Christian Bible was created." End quote. When? Not important. Who created the Bible? Yes, God.
You said, quote, "Who cares if 32 Popes lived and died BEFORE the NT came into existence." End quote. Not one pope existed before true Christianity began at Pentecost.
lol. March on O' ignorant one. Make believe you've never heard the truth. Design your own Christianity. Good luck my brother.

Location hidden

#432087 Apr 11, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dallas M. Roark wrote an excellent book on this, a Baptist I believe. But he also references his work to ... now get ready ... Frank Sheed's Theology and Sanity! So a Protestant refers to a Catholic on matters of deep Theology.
Yes, we both have the Trinity right, because we use the same sources and same Church Fathers. But Dallas then kind of explains away Sacred Tradition as just the oral Sacred Scripture, that it is all Sacred Scripture, or the Bible, whether it is oral or not. But he at least understand ex cathedra and corrects the bad assumptions made by claiming infallibility.
But I sure learned a lot from both, bless them.
Catholic catechism: CHRIST IS NOT GOD THE FATHER

254 The divine persons are really distinct from one another. "God is one but not solitary."86 "Father", "Son", "Holy Spirit" are not simply names designating modalities of the divine being, for they are really distinct from one another:

"He is not the Father who is the Son, nor is the Son he who is the Father, nor is the Holy Spirit he who is the Father or the Son."87

They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin: "It is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds."88 The divine Unity is Triune.

#432088 Apr 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if god is responsible for modern medicine why is everything discovered by trial an error and scientists are not given the answer to a cure right away??
God had the cure ( in the garden of Eden,)for all sicknesses even to the point that He intended for man to live forever..

Death and sickness came by sin...

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Jesus is now our Spiritual tree of LIFE...( to those that believe in Him) that has replaced the tree in the garden.

Many do not believe this but The Prophet Isaiah wrote ...some 7 hundred before The passions and crucifixion of Christ

Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#432089 Apr 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You know NASL that for Jesus to declare Himself as God in that day,and even now if He were walking the streets of our world,suggests that He is Mad! No human being can speak such things about themselves and not be declared mentally challenged.
It was not the purpose of the Lord Jesus to declare Himself God,but to establish and create as it weere the Kingdom of His Father here on earth.The whole rudiments of this world are choas and self love,a man or woman calling themself a god,or God is wreckless and contributes to the spirit of pride that exists on this planet.
The Jews wanted Him to declare who He was,He performed miracles,and even raised the DEAD,but He would nto openly say,"I Am God".That would also call for Him to demand worship as well.
He did say,as recorded in John "I AM" confirming His aligning Himself with the great I AM. But He knew that His purpose was not to reveal to anyone His true identity as the glorious Son of God,but to teach the Will and Purpose of His Father's kingdom.
I find your referring to the fact Jesus did not say He was God,kind of redundant,as it does not prove one iota that He in fact was either God or NOT.
The rulers of Jesus' day did not always prove by their actions that they were suited to the position they held,and that also enforced the fact that Jesus had to implore His Apostles to take on the role of a servant rather than to be important.The Apostles had to know that Jesus was unique,and He often no doubt sensed that they wanted to raise Him to a higher level in their midst.But He proved that although HE was worth exalting,He had to display with true behavior the role of a servant,a brother.
Now we must declare Him as the Christ,GOD in the flesh,as He is highly exalted and glorified by His Father,sitting at His right Hand.Read John 17,if that does not tell you what Jesus was to share with His Father,what would? Using the NEW TESTAMENT to prove that Jesus was not God is a JOKE,
The whole Bible from beginning to end reveals who and what He was and IS to the glory of His Father.
You may believe anyway you choose. I'll disagree.

Albuquerque, NM

#432090 Apr 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
in case your interested my tests came back negative,i'm cancer free, thanks to modern medicine.
May your days in remission be happy and fruitful!

:oP

Way to go J!

Albuquerque, NM

#432091 Apr 11, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you put your Gospels to the test?
The OT prophesies the coming of a messiah.
The NT shows that it was fulfilled.
Does your gospels show this?
They don't show those things, because Jesus never taught it.

Although I have tested GoThomas against Christianity, and to be honest, Christianity is no match for just these teachings.

Unless you have something in the canon, as stated by Jesus, that shows otherwise.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#432092 Apr 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic catechism: CHRIST IS NOT GOD THE FATHER
254 The divine persons are really distinct from one another. "God is one but not solitary."86 "Father", "Son", "Holy Spirit" are not simply names designating modalities of the divine being, for they are really distinct from one another:
"He is not the Father who is the Son, nor is the Son he who is the Father, nor is the Holy Spirit he who is the Father or the Son."87
They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin: "It is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds."88 The divine Unity is Triune.
Deliberate word play in an attempt to be deceitful by ignoring what the Church FULLY teaches on the trinity.
That is a sin Ox.
Jesus Christ is one being with the father. That is Catholic teaching.

#432093 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
God had the cure ( in the garden of Eden,)for all sicknesses even to the point that He intended for man to live forever..
Death and sickness came by sin...
Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Jesus is now our Spiritual tree of LIFE...( to those that believe in Him) that has replaced the tree in the garden.
Many do not believe this but The Prophet Isaiah wrote ...some 7 hundred before The passions and crucifixion of Christ
Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
___

Looking back to the above verses the Apostle Peter wrote in

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

1Pe 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

1Pe 2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

1Pe 2:24 ==> Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Albuquerque, NM

#432094 Apr 11, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually hate the Highlander franchise. You could have at least used the Matrix, jeez.
That's right, you did throw out a reference in a previous post. My bad. If one is to look at "The Matrix Trilogy", one could find many correlations to the Bible, and other "good vs evil" scenarios. I actually think more so of the Bible, because of the analogies used. I'll use it next time as well.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>But if He is not God, then He could not have died for our sins.

True. His Spirit rising ("transcending the material world") shows what he wanted to teach. Using only the terms "my Father" or other references, shows he was not "God". A gross misinterpretation by Christianity. But oh no, they couldn't have "just a man", the religion wouldn't sell without a "savior".
- which brings me to the concept of the "Redeemed Redeemer" - a concept that has been around long before Christianity came on the scene.
Tobias Churton describes the concept in very good terms in his book, "Gnostic Philosophy: From Ancient Persia to Modern Times"
http://www.amazon.com/Gnostic-Philosophy-Anci...
- IMO, I would also add that, we are already "redeemed", due to attaining the "knowledge" to know our Spirit will transcend into a different world. Honesty is when you can admit you really don't know this is true, until the moment we actually die. If one says otherwise, that they THINK [Self] they are saved, they are just ribbing you, lying to themselves, and in a direct way, lying to others.
- So in essence - we can make remarks of speculation all day long in connection with who is saved, whom isn't, is there heaven or a "hell", etc, etc, etc. You don't know, I don't know, and many, many others, don't know. They use their own mind to make a decision to believe or have faith that they are - all of which are products of Self.

It can't be any simpler than that.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>Therefore, Jesus has no worth to us if He is not God.
Untrue. Many men have contributed to our evolution as good people - Krishna, Buddha, Vishnu, Mohammed, and Quetzalcoatl, for example. If one is to limit the potential of anybody, then in essence you have limited your god. Do you limit "God" to just a handful of people to write the texts, and then another 300+ bishops in approx 325 CE to also choose what was written to be the "truth"? I don't. I'd rather allow my heart to dictate my good things in life, by sharing my love with others and receive the same in exchange. No religion is required for this, unless YOU [Self] choose one is required, as you seem to exhort.

Jesus spoke about the Spirit. If you really want to go one more step and read "Paul's" letters carefully, all the while applying how he spoke of "the Spirit" as well, you will also see the reason why, to some people, "Paul" was also considered a "Gnostic".

For one "to know" "Jesus' way" or even "to believe in[/on] me" - one can also now extract that Jesus is speaking of "listen to what I say", not "make your life all about "believing" that I existed".
- Jesus' teaching on being humble shows this to be true as well.
Luke 14:1-11
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>So why do you believe in Him at all, a mere man?
I believe he had some very profound words that can help make men and women better people, which can also lend a hand into evolving this generation and future generations from the hatred and bullshite acts that are occurring in today's world. I think humans are better than this, but for the life of me, I'm not seeing any 'betterment', except through Science and technology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 6 hr stfu 159
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web