Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,481
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#431801 Apr 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
How've you been Preston? Hope the body is holding up for you.
Even St. Paul said not all tongue-speaking is a gift of the Spirit, but rather has demonic origins or the result of spritual immaturity or pride.
I'm glad that you said, "NOT ALL" (is genuine). Demons speak English, too; did you know that? And they are PROUD...and they certainly are immature.
I've heard the copy cat stuff...but I've heard the real thing, too.
KayMarie
I know for certain that what you speak about the Catholic faith is not truthful. Therefore one can conclude the Holy Spirit is not guiding you in the preaching department.
Clay

United States

#431802 Apr 9, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>It Is Written:
Romans 11:11-24
King James Version (KJV)
11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
Don't hide behind Bible verses. You can't bring your highlighted Bible to the afterlife. You're going to be held into account of your decision to undo Apostolic teachings and ignore basic truths about what Jesus Christ actually taught. The Apostles installed Sunday as the day of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Ellen White undid this to her own destruction.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431803 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Christians are supposed to worship God every day..
I would conclude corporate worship could on any day that the congregations
decides to come together...
The Bible says
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 ---> Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.<---
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
The willful sin is refusing to attend corporate worship ..
Under GRACE the day is not specified..
Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Rom 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
Rom 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
Rom 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
Rom 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
Rom 14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
Hebrews 4:9

Hebrews 4:8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day.
----------
Hebrews 4:10 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his.
----------
Revelation 14:13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them."

Matthew 24:20.

But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Also never said one could not assemble their selves together everyday or any day of the week.

Assembling one selves together does not make it a Sabbath of the Lord the one he instituted during the creation week and told the Israelites that it was a sigh between him and them.

Romans 11:26-27

King James Version (KJV)

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431804 Apr 9, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. The Apostles would NEVER change God's Holy Law.
They respected it to the uttermost.
It was changed by men who wanted to separate from the Judaic tradition by joining with the sun worshippers of the day.
Constantine called sabbath Keeping Judaising.
IT WAS NOT THE APOSTLES WHO CHANGED GOD'S LAW.
Matthew 5:18
New International Version (2011)
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
New Living Translation (2007)
I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God's law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.
English Standard Version (2001)
For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
New American Standard Bible (1995)
"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (2009)
For I assure you: Until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or one stroke of a letter will pass from the law until all things are accomplished.
International Standard Version (2012)
because I tell all of you with certainty that until heaven and earth disappear, not one letter or one stroke of a letter will disappear from the Law until everything has been accomplished.
Or is this not clear to you?
~~~

Romans 6:14

(DRB) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.

(Geneva) For sinne shall not haue dominion ouer you: for ye are not vnder ye Lawe, but vnder grace.

(KJV) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

~~~

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom 3:28 ===> Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

NOTE....

Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by
faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Clay

United States

#431805 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
I am not working for you so you might as well hold your peace..and stop exercising your fingers.
om 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
You're asking me to accept your interpretations of sacred scripture; to accept your opinion that Our Lord Jesus Christ installed a certain canon of Books as His teaching authority on His will.

Therefore all I ask is that you provide a verse where Jesus tells us which Books to follow; who's interpretations are authoritative; Where do the Apostles command that the Bible is all that's established about Christianity?

If this was taught, then God as my witness, I'll leave the Catholic faith today and pick one of the 45,000 Sola Scripture organizations to join.

You people are starving for the Holy Eucharist. Just like in Luke 24: 30-31, you can not understand Scriptures until you partake in the Holy Eucharist.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431806 Apr 9, 2013
NASL:
Sounds like you have been in the presence of a few.
I've met a few on here...:(:(:(
KayMarie :)
No. You are wrong again. Par for the course for you.

I have never met any "demon", and I highly doubt (99.9%) that none of the posters on this forum are demons.

In fact, I'd guess to say there are no demons at all posting on Topix.

But you can prove me wrong, right?

"I've met a few on here...:(:(:("
- more lies?
- I'd bet that you haven't met any of the posters in real life, thus making your statement still false.

Why do you mislead others with your unfounded claims?

What are you scared of?

#431807 Apr 9, 2013
who="Clay"
I know for certain that what you speak about the Catholic faith is not truthful. Therefore one can conclude the Holy Spirit is not guiding you in the preaching department.

And you would question the supposed first pope just to declare someone else to be wrong? You would declare the Word of God to be false rather than admit the failings of the CC?

I didn't write the book of Acts...and when Peter preached to the house of Cornelius, they all spoke with tongues. All of the Apostles AND MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS spoke with tongues...as well as many others.

My 'preaching' is simply telling what the Good Book says.
You don't seem to have any respect for that book.

KayMarie
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431808 Apr 9, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Hebrews 4:9
Hebrews 4:8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day.
----------
Hebrews 4:10 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his.
----------
Revelation 14:13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them."
Matthew 24:20.
But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
Also never said one could not assemble their selves together everyday or any day of the week.
Assembling one selves together does not make it a Sabbath of the Lord the one he instituted during the creation week and told the Israelites that it was a sigh between him and them.
Romans 11:26-27
King James Version (KJV)
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Romans 11

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

#431809 Apr 9, 2013
who="Clay"
Just like in Luke 24: 30-31, you can not understand Scriptures until you partake in the Holy Eucharist.

Then tell me why that the Eucharist Only crew REJECTS THE SCRIPTURES?

KayMarie

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431810 Apr 9, 2013
OK Protestants, let's stop with the Catholic-bashing. While there may have been a legitimate reason to explode into separate churches during the time of Martin Luther, those days a long gone, and any reason or justification to remain separate now is very questionable. Were there many in the Church that were corrupt and unfaithful? Of course, always have been, and always will. Is that an excuse to leave it? No.

Undeniable facts. Jesus established one church. That's how God rolls, and always has. He did not make two tribes to be the priesthood, he made one, the Levites. There is only one priesthood, one moral authority, one God, one Church. All ancient records confirm this. The word "catholic" was used in the 1st Century, as was the Eucharist and everything else.

In Martin Luther's days, they didn't have the means to confirm much of this. So a lot of nonsense erupted that is proven untrue now. Modern evidence confirms more than ever that the Catholic Church, or at the very LEAST, the Orthodox Church, had it right.

What really irks me is that most Catholics are not Catholics, and many Protestants are more Catholic than Catholics. And yet, what irks me even more, is that far ... FAR more protestors are out there in front of Planned Parenthood, or at the Walk for Life, then evangelicals. Why is that?

And guess what? Even the Catholic philosopher Peter Kreeft acknowledges that Protestants DO have something going, they have the Holy Spirit, and that is why Latin Americans are leaving the Catholics and going Protestant in great numbers. He admits this. A Catholic.

So, does that mean we should remain divided? Or try and unite the Holy Spirit and the One True Church again? More than ever, in this day in age, we must unite. That means putting aside your pride and your hubris. That means Catholics better stop saying they are proud to be Catholic, and start calling yourself Christians, as that is what you really are. And that means Protestant or Evangelicals need to stop with the misinformation and lies you keep spouting about your Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

Albuquerque, NM

#431811 Apr 9, 2013
who="Clay"
Just like in Luke 24: 30-31, you can not understand Scriptures until you partake in the Holy Eucharist.
KayMarie
The same reasons why you reject Jesus.....

- prefer to believe and trust the men who gave you your belief
- prefer to only follow what men have presented as the correct belief

Not too hard at all to answer, if honesty is used.

Unfortunately, you don't recognize the Self aspect of these choices.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#431812 Apr 9, 2013
who="Clay"
KayMarie
KayMarie, please, the Catholics WROTE the Holy Scriptures. For 300 years Christians had no Bible as we know it today, until THEY put it together. There is oral tradition, and there is written tradition. Oral tradition became Sacred Tradition, the traditions of God, who indeed likes incense, and ritual and all the trapping of holiness. He wants us to WORK at our faith, and that means more than just going to Church on Sunday. Written Tradition became the Bible, which THEY, the Catholics, combined and went to GREAT LENGTHS to put together, and during a time when they were still being persecuted, despite tolerance from the Roman state.

No, they don't worship Mary. They respect and honor her as the Mother of Jesus. No, they don't pray to the saints, they ASK for their prayers. No, they don't believe the dead are dead, but in Heaven with God praying for us to get through this sometimes awful and challenging life. And every ritual performed at mass is what the Jews were COMMANDED to do by God, and nowhere was that changed or altered. No, pagan elements were NOT introduced, but some pagan holidays were Christianize to respect the culture and honor the people, without compromising the the faith in any way. And no one fought against slavery, elevated women, fought against abortion (a SERIOUS problem in Roman times), and maintained marriage between a man and woman (against the pagans who thought otherwise for centuries) more so than the Catholic Church.

In fact, I knew a few Jews that became Catholic when they saw it was more Jewish than their own religion, and were shocked at how true to Levite priesthood it was.

Albuquerque, NM

#431813 Apr 9, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The same reasons why you reject Jesus.....
- prefer to believe and trust the men who gave you your belief
- prefer to only follow what men have presented as the correct belief
Not too hard at all to answer, if honesty is used.
Unfortunately, you don't recognize the Self aspect of these choices.
*sighs*
And that is wrong, how?

What does it mean to "believe?" It means to be have been persuaded that something is true. Is not ALL education thus? Are you saying no one should teach anyone anything? That we cannot trust others to be true to their word?

And how does she reject Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#431814 Apr 9, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
OK Protestants, let's stop with the Catholic-bashing. While there may have been a legitimate reason to explode into separate churches during the time of Martin Luther, those days a long gone, and any reason or justification to remain separate now is very questionable. Were there many in the Church that were corrupt and unfaithful? Of course, always have been, and always will. Is that an excuse to leave it? No.
Undeniable facts. Jesus established one church. That's how God rolls, and always has. He did not make two tribes to be the priesthood, he made one, the Levites. There is only one priesthood, one moral authority, one God, one Church. All ancient records confirm this. The word "catholic" was used in the 1st Century, as was the Eucharist and everything else.
In Martin Luther's days, they didn't have the means to confirm much of this. So a lot of nonsense erupted that is proven untrue now. Modern evidence confirms more than ever that the Catholic Church, or at the very LEAST, the Orthodox Church, had it right.
What really irks me is that most Catholics are not Catholics, and many Protestants are more Catholic than Catholics. And yet, what irks me even more, is that far ... FAR more protestors are out there in front of Planned Parenthood, or at the Walk for Life, then evangelicals. Why is that?
And guess what? Even the Catholic philosopher Peter Kreeft acknowledges that Protestants DO have something going, they have the Holy Spirit, and that is why Latin Americans are leaving the Catholics and going Protestant in great numbers. He admits this. A Catholic.
So, does that mean we should remain divided? Or try and unite the Holy Spirit and the One True Church again? More than ever, in this day in age, we must unite. That means putting aside your pride and your hubris. That means Catholics better stop saying they are proud to be Catholic, and start calling yourself Christians, as that is what you really are. And that means Protestant or Evangelicals need to stop with the misinformation and lies you keep spouting about your Brothers and Sisters in Christ.
Will you begin believing in all of what Jesus taught and not just what men have dictated for you?

Albuquerque, NM

#431815 Apr 9, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is wrong, how?
What does it mean to "believe?" It means to be have been persuaded that something is true. Is not ALL education thus? Are you saying no one should teach anyone anything? That we cannot trust others to be true to their word?
Good points YH.

"to believe"
- is to utilize your mind to make a choice in determining if something should be accepted - and make the appropriate actions to achieve it.

"Is not ALL education thus?"
- yes it is, but based upon facts and history.
- The Bible may be taught as true, but the true facts and the real history, sort of ruins it.

"Are you saying no one should teach anyone anything?"
I didn't say that at all. I encourange people to learn and study.

"That we cannot trust others to be true to their word?"
- Can you? If you did, then you would also believe that the teachigns by Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas falls into this category, as done GoPhilip, GoMary, and any other texts not included in the canon.

- by only accepting what men have dictated as "The Bible", even though there are numerous other teachings by Jesus.

Albuquerque, NM

#431816 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Will you begin believing in all of what Jesus taught and not just what men have dictated for you?
Yes. But, all of what Jesus taught has been passed down by men and women, so I ALSO trust that the message has been delivered faithfully, by thousands, if not tens of thousands, who have taken the time to copy and recopy the Scripture faithfully, spending untold days and years of their lives in doing so, so that we may know His word.

But, if I remember correctly, aren't you a Gnostic? Forgive me if I am mistaken, but there are many foul people in these last 2000 years putting words in Jesus's mouth that never were uttered.

Albuquerque, NM

#431817 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Good points YH.
"to believe"
- is to utilize your mind to make a choice in determining if something should be accepted - and make the appropriate actions to achieve it.
"Is not ALL education thus?"
- yes it is, but based upon facts and history.
- The Bible may be taught as true, but the true facts and the real history, sort of ruins it.
"Are you saying no one should teach anyone anything?"
I didn't say that at all. I encourange people to learn and study.
"That we cannot trust others to be true to their word?"
- Can you? If you did, then you would also believe that the teachigns by Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas falls into this category, as done GoPhilip, GoMary, and any other texts not included in the canon.
- by only accepting what men have dictated as "The Bible", even though there are numerous other teachings by Jesus.
I have been researching history for a LONG time now, and the evidence just isn't there. I held many prejudices against ALL religion because of the constant lies of those in modern times who like to twist things for one agenda or another.

It was my own personal research of history that made me reevaluate the very things you are claiming to be true, that there is some disconnect between what people say Jesus did (the Catholics) and what actual occurred.(Atheists/Gnostics/Ar ians and other heretics.)

And yes, I flirted with Gnosticism because it sounded appealing, it seemed to have some dash of truth to it. But after several years, I've rejected it all. No more self-interpretation of the Bible. No more adding my own theories to history to justify some little sin. No more BS. It is what it is, and God is quite clear on how He wants things to be. And for the most part, most Christians got it right all this time, and most Christians, until the last 500 years, have been Catholic.

Any notion that some small minority of Gnostics or Arians or anyone else were privy to the REAL Gospels for these last 2000 is BS, pure and simple. And I have indeed found this to be true on my own, and rather dismayed to have to dispel my own prejudices, believe me. And no I know ... the worst lies are those mixed with truth.

Albuquerque, NM

#431818 Apr 9, 2013
Dang it, where is the edit option to correct typos?

#431819 Apr 9, 2013
who="Yankee Yahoo" OK Protestants, let's stop with the Catholic-bashing. While there may have been a legitimate reason to explode into separate churches during the time of Martin Luther, those days a long gone, and any reason or justification to remain separate now is very questionable. Were there many in the Church that were corrupt and unfaithful? Of course, always have been, and always will. Is that an excuse to leave it? No.

Hey, Yankee...You are right that all Christians need to get together. Jesus prayed that we would all be ONE. But I don't think we should gather under any existing banner. Wouldn't the 'folks' delight in being able to say that WE were right all along?

There is One Christ Jesus, and He must be first. I wouldn't fly any other banner.

There are some CC's who accept the Holy Spirit baptism.

KM

#431820 Apr 9, 2013
who="Yankee Yahoo" Dang it, where is the edit option to correct typos?

You can use the directional arrows to return to a typo, delete the error and re-type it; or the backspace arrow, which will delete everything it goes over.
You can also shade the whole sentence, then delete.

It's a LOT easier than the old pen and paper method.

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 8 hr kent 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Fri Cat74 11
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web