Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,151
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#431758 Apr 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Soc, there is no Sabbath issue. You can't say there is a Sabbath issue just because you want one.
The Apostles were given authority from Heaven. They made Sunday the day of the Lord. And it can be concluded that Jesus Christ Himself ordered them to do so. This is truth. You want to call yourself a Christian, but ignore what the Apostles taught?? You just can't do that man.
~~~

IF YOU WOULD JUST PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH, HERE YOU COULD KNOW THAT YOU ARE BORN AGAIN.

Since it is obvious that you don't, it leaves your SALVATION IN DOUBTFUL DISPUTATIONS.

THE WORD GIVES NO LIST OF ANY OTHER DOCTRINE, THAT WE SHOULD BESIDES

THAT OF JESUS AND THE APOSTLES.

OF JESUS
Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said,==> My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.<==

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

(YOUR CHURCH SPEAKS OF ITSELF AND SEEKS IT'S OWN GLORY.)

Joh 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

---

OF THE APOSTLES...

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Act 2:42 ==> And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. <==

YOUR FABLES WERE NOT TAUGHT BY JESUS NOR THE APOSTLES...

THEY ARE NOT IN THE BIBLE...

#431759 Apr 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IF YOU WOULD JUST PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH, HERE YOU COULD KNOW THAT YOU ARE BORN AGAIN.
Since it is obvious that you don't, it leaves your SALVATION IN DOUBTFUL DISPUTATIONS.
THE WORD GIVES NO LIST OF ANY OTHER DOCTRINE, THAT WE SHOULD BESIDES
THAT OF JESUS AND THE APOSTLES.
OF JESUS
Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said,==> My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.<==
Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
(YOUR CHURCH SPEAKS OF ITSELF AND SEEKS IT'S OWN GLORY.)
Joh 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.
---
OF THE APOSTLES...
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 ==> And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. <==
YOUR FABLES WERE NOT TAUGHT BY JESUS NOR THE APOSTLES...
THEY ARE NOT IN THE BIBLE...
~~~

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 2:20 ==> And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: <===

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Ephesians 2:20
(15) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the key [stone];

(15) The Lord committed the doctrine of salvation, first to the prophets, and then to the apostles, the end of which, and matter as it were and substance, is Christ.

Therefore that is indeed the true Church which is built upon Christ by the prophets and apostles, as a spiritual temple consecrated to God.

That is the cap stone (key stone) of the building.

Mat_21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

Mar_12:10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

Luk_20:17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431760 Apr 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Soc, there is no Sabbath issue. You can't say there is a Sabbath issue just because you want one.
The Apostles were given authority from Heaven. They made Sunday the day of the Lord. And it can be concluded that Jesus Christ Himself ordered them to do so. This is truth. You want to call yourself a Christian, but ignore what the Apostles taught?? You just can't do that man.
PLEASE provide scripture where the apostles were give instruction etc. to change the Sabbath to Sunday or scripture were implies anything you have stated. It is just not on there.
truth

Perth, Australia

#431761 Apr 9, 2013
please forgive me
if you could
how i can express myself to you
if you not understood my language
then how you know me
where is that place that you need know
Bog je Jakost =+ Strong Power
Bog je Milosrdnost=God is full of Mercy and Grace
look Mum as mother Mame moja Nan Nane moja H Hano moja Ano moja look
nano=power see
i kad me koris znam da me volis
ljubi me=love me=talk with me nice talk= pricaj mi i kad me koris pricaj mi uci me=teach me kori me voli me..
proverb 4;23
gurd heart life every words go into life
reality..invest in me .. be my friend
see
read who sent you who?
who told you that i send you
proverb 4;23

nk
truth

Perth, Australia

#431762 Apr 9, 2013
please tell me
Whats deference between paradise and life?

proverb 4;23
truth

Perth, Australia

#431763 Apr 9, 2013
ankh
whats deference between paradise and life
then explain
within them no life=no any more
then
explain
guard your heart there is a life..

please whats deference there
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431765 Apr 9, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>my posts are based on the history you can not dispute my posts,because they are true catholic history
Jethro8--if your posts were (really) true catholic history,(as you claim), the Catholic Church wouldn't continue to be the largest Christian Church in the world, year after year (as it has been for over 2000 years)-NOR would it be growing "each and every year" at a rate exceeding 1.5% per year, so you see, there is "nothing valid" as to what you claim to be true...... It is all anti-catholic Protestant "hack" sources of "distorted and heretical "editorialize opinionated deception"----basically "fraudulent" (misrepresentation of fact). Or better yet termed "bible only" attempts to "re-write" and spin the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History--------- by "desperate and frustrated Protestants" who cannot come up with ANYTHING biblical or historicall TRUE to back up their contradicting and inconsistent sola scriptura "man-made beliefs!!
Clay

United States

#431766 Apr 9, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>PLEASE provide scripture where the apostles were give instruction etc. to change the Sabbath to Sunday or scripture were implies anything you have stated. It is just not on there.
Yes it is and you know it is. Its been there forever until your Ellen thought she discovered a bombshell by her unauthorized view of the Bible.

I have no interest in a game of Bible verse warfare with someone who is also not authorized to determine sacred scripture..
For the record. Breaking bread is the Holy Catholic Mass and all that surrounds it. Its the pinnacle of the day. We observe Sunday because Our Lord rose that day per the teachings of the Apostles and their Disciples.(Acts 20:7)

John's Disciple, Ignatius of Antioch:
"If unto this day we live after the manner of Judaism, we avow that we have NOT received Grace"
'if those who'd walked in ancient practices (Jews) received this newness of hope, they'd no longer observe Sabbaths, but would fashion their lives after the Lords Day, on which OUR LIVES also rose with Him'
'It is monstrous to speak of Jesus Christ and practice Judaism. For Christianity didn't believe in Judaism, but Judaism in Christianity.

Bishop Ignatius wrote this as a valid ordained Bishop from the Apostles.

Justin Martyr, "on the day called SUNDAY, all who live if the country and cities gather together... "

7th, you been shown your errors and shown how new and strange your theology is. If you choose to kick and scream in denial until your last breath its up to you. But until then, its monstrous to refer to yourselves as Christians and undo what the Apostles taught. Stubbornness and arrogance clouds your mind.
Clay

United States

#431767 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>PLEASE provide scripture where the apostles were give instruction etc. to change the Sabbath to Sunday or scripture were implies anything you have stated. It is just not on there.
Also, at some point, in order to wash your hands, you're going to need to provide a verse where Christ instructs us to follow only those 73 Books, or 66 Books, or 27 Books. or ANY BOOKS. otherwise you are teaching outside of what Our Lords will is.
Of course, you are the guys that add to the Book of Revelation with astonishing arrogance....so i guess it doesn't really matter what bible verses are presented to you, you'll just shape those to conform to your ideology..
Scary those cults are. Very scary..

#431768 Apr 9, 2013
Christians are supposed to worship God every day..

I would conclude corporate worship could on any day that the congregations

decides to come together...

The Bible says

Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Heb 10:25 ---> Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.<---

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

The willful sin is refusing to attend corporate worship ..

Under GRACE the day is not specified..

Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Rom 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

Rom 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Rom 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Rom 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

Rom 14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431769 Apr 9, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't rewrite anything i post it what i find in it's original form,if you don't like what it says yell at the writer not me,i just post the hidden history of the church.here is your problem "Catholic Historians and Apologists"...this is not going to be truthful because they are only going to write about the positives of the church,they are not going .
And you think that your anti-catholic sources of "negativity" of which is "predicated upon" (spinning church history) the way you (modernistic "fundies") want it to be, is "now" suppose to be believed as true. You "fundies" have a 21st century "agenda" of RE- writing and "making up" your own Protestant "fictitious" Church History book, similiar to what a UCLA professor did in 1999 when he wrote a book claiming that the "Nazi-Jewish Holocaust"--NEVER EXISTED! This history writer "hack" did just what you "fundies" are attempting to do---rewrite, distort, manipulate and lie about 2000 years of TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY. I/we as Catholics, will continue to follow, believe and adhere to the TRUTH of TRUE Church History from the documented and authenticated writings from the Early Church Fathers, the biographical Lives of the Saints, the Apologistic authors and historian writers (both CAtholic and Protestant), the Apostles, Bishops and Popes that followed them in Apostolic Succession, the confirmation of the TRUE interpretation of the bible from the Doctrine of Encyclicals and the Catholic Catechism.......... You Jethro8 can believe all of your "made up" Protestant fictitious History legends that you can "dig up" which are filled with anti-catholic (vindictive) "negativity and heretical (myths). We as Catholics will turn to Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church and will CONTINUE to follow the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus, the TRUE Interpretation of the bible and 2000 years of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY! Again--you and the rest of your bible only "fundies" continue to be like Peter before his true conversion to Jesus Christ----YOU FISH AND CATCH "NOTHING"!!

#431770 Apr 9, 2013
Rom 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

THE EVANGELICAL CHURCHES AND PROTESTANTS ARE GRIEVED

WITH

THE LAWS/DOCTRINES AND FABLES OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

THEY WALK NOT not charitably.

(THEY DO NOT CARE... THAT ...THEY ... ATTEMPT TO Destroy US (with THEIR LAWS/RITUALS AND FABLES),

for whom Christ died.)

THEY WOULD BAR US FROM HEAVEN WERE THEY ABLE TO...

THEIR CONJECTURE MEANS MORE TO THEM THAN SOULS OF OTHERS.
Sickd

Australia

#431771 Apr 9, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing -- how much religion does it take to dance on the grave of someone who just committed suicide -- all because you have no way to prove a delusion?
Mystical delusions will make people say things they would rarely say otherwise.
The way to kill a religion? Deny it. Don't tell it. Suffocate it at birth.

The earth goes on. Life goes on. If religion didn't exist, the earth would still be here. Every religion is of human manufacture. The sun will still rise every morning even if we don't.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431772 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Christians are supposed to worship God every day..
YES!!! That is why Jesus Christ (HIMSELF) established, initiated and gave us HIS One (and only one) True (Universal-Catholic) Apostolic Catholic Church where we/as Catholic Worship God, Proclaim Jesus Christ and hear, listen to, adhere to, and abide in HIS WORD every,(single) day at Daily Mass, receiving Our Lord each day, in the Eucharist, in the other Sacraments, in the Adoration (24 hour) prayer chapel and before the Blessed Sacrament. Jesus gave us His UniversaL (Catholic) Church over 2000 years ago to Worship Our Lord (available to HIS disciples and followers) EVERY SINGLE DAY. I/we as Catholics, will continue to worship and proclaim "Jesus as Lord" in HIS CHURCH, the one that Paul calls, the "pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH--I Timothy 3:15.
You, Confrinting, can continue to worship your bible verses, every day!!!

#431773 Apr 9, 2013
Sickd wrote:
<quoted text>
The way to kill a religion? Deny it. Don't tell it. Suffocate it at birth.
The earth goes on. Life goes on. If religion didn't exist, the earth would still be here. Every religion is of human manufacture. The sun will still rise every morning even if we don't.
~~~

QUESTION?

If you do not believe that Christianity exist...why are you fighting against it..

If there is nothing there...why are you coming against nothing?

Do you usually chase parked cars...it guarantees that you will get

yourself a flat nose.

#431775 Apr 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!!! That is why Jesus Christ (HIMSELF) established, initiated and gave us HIS One (and only one) True (Universal-Catholic) Apostolic Catholic Church where we/as Catholic Worship God, Proclaim Jesus Christ and hear, listen to, adhere to, and abide in HIS WORD every,(single) day at Daily Mass, receiving Our Lord each day, in the Eucharist, in the other Sacraments, in the Adoration (24 hour) prayer chapel and before the Blessed Sacrament. Jesus gave us His UniversaL (Catholic) Church over 2000 years ago to Worship Our Lord (available to HIS disciples and followers) EVERY SINGLE DAY. I/we as Catholics, will continue to worship and proclaim "Jesus as Lord" in HIS CHURCH, the one that Paul calls, the "pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH--I Timothy 3:15.
You, Confrinting, can continue to worship your bible verses, every day!!!
Jesus is the living Word that I worship...

He said..

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:

the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

___

JUST WHO WAS IT THAT SPOKE FORTH YOUR CATECHISM ?

WAS IT JESUS OR CONSTANTINE?

Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mar_8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Luk_9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

2Ti_2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431776 Apr 9, 2013
1. THE EVANGELICAL CHURCHES AND PROTESTANTS ARE GRIEVED
WITH
THE LAWS/DOCTRINES AND FABLES OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.
2. THEY WALK NOT not charitably.
3.(THEY DO NOT CARE... THAT ...THEY ... ATTEMPT TO Destroy US(with THEIR LAWS/RITUALS AND FABLES),for whom Christ died.)
4. THEY WOULD BAR US FROM HEAVEN WERE THEY ABLE TO...
5. THEIR CONJECTURE MEANS MORE TO THEM THAN SOULS OF OTHERS.
I purposely labeled "all" of your "fundie fiddle-faddle figment of you imagination" (1 through 5) so that I can summarize the "vindictive ignorance and hostility" that has totally "corrupted, your heart, mind and soul!!-----GET (psychological, emotional and spiritual HELP!!!--Before it is too late!!
Sickd

Australia

#431777 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTION?
If you do not believe that Christianity exist...why are you fighting against it..
If there is nothing there...why are you coming against nothing?
Do you usually chase parked cars...it guarantees that you will get
yourself a flat nose.
Stick to 'confucking', you 'frint'. My point is that only humans could worship something so dumb and earth-bound as a religion and then assume the Universe follows the same twaddle. The flat earth, you flat nose! Sorry if I shook your 16th century blues.

Have a pope on me!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431778 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus SPOKE it!
The APOSTLES confirm it,(through and in Jesus' One True "Universal" CATHOLIC CHURCH) PAUL verifY it,(through and in Our Lords One TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH), followed by Polycarp, Constantine, Irenaeus, Hegesippus, TertulliamjCuprian, Lactantius,Athanasius, Hilary, Gregory, Cyril, Basil, Ambrose, Augustine, Chrysostom, Jerome, Gregory, and on and on (for over 2000 years) ALL CONFIRM, ALL VERIFY, ALL VALIDATE,ALL CORROBORATE AND ALL RATIFY the TRUTH OF Jesus Christs teachings, doctrine,and precepts IN the Catholic Catechism, IN the Encyclicals, IN AND THROUGH Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431779 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus Spoke the TRUTH over 2000 years ago confirmed and taught in the Catholic Church, the Catholic Catechism and in the Encyclicals
And you Protestant "bible only fundamentalist" HAVE REJECTED THAT TRUTH!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Tue woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web