Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,808)

Showing posts 416,141 - 416,160 of529,983
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Any texts that contradicts the Bible is in error. Paul said there were already antichrists in his day.
Please show support that specifically states "God" dictating this.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
You've convinced yourselves that the texts have to fit YOUR interpretations vs what was really taught by the Apostles verbally or letter- which they also already explained.

No interpretation needed of God's 10C law. The 4th commandment is the 7th day Sabbath. God's people are to remember it to commemorate creation week.
The pope thinks to change this for his people.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
your silly cult links mean nothing. You teach new and strange doctrines.

Namecalling will not change the Sabbath issue. The 'cult' is the one who rejects the Bible while claiming to be 'christian'- You.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Jewish laws are not to be followed by gentile believers in Christ.Not that there are many laws and traditions that would not be favorable,but that we are not required to observe the Hebrew Sabbath.It seems that many Evangelicals follow what laws they want to follow,that suit them.SUCH as tithing.
But we are bound to nothing,yet totally bound to Christ,to the death if that is required.If gentile believers want to observe the Sabbath they are more than welcome to do so. But there is no law that requires us to do so in Christ.EVEN the Apostles never imposed the observance of the Jewish Sabbath on the new gentile believers.
If you want to go to a church that strongly observes Sabbath,by all means love it,enjoy it,and may the LORD richly bless you.But to claim that it is a legal command to all gentile believers,and that the going to a service or a mass on Sunday is evil or wrong,places you as a judge in matters that were long ago settled.The Apostle Paul rebuked those who held to a particular day of worship,in that they judged others who doid not do the same but sought to glorify God.All traditions of men and women take a back seat to God's perfect relationship for us all.I do not condemn your wanting to observe the Jewish Sabbath,and the Bible does not condemn my going to a church on Sunday to worship God in Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit,in Spirit and in truth.
There is nothing in Scripture that tells us by the way to Judaize JESUS either.He is God,and for all Nations to become His Disciples.The Jews did well to take the Jew out of Jesus,I do not have to even try on my own to do so.Someday I will share other things with you concerning Jewishness,not now.
The Sabbath was made on the 7th day of creation and is a memorial to it.
A Jew never appeared on this Earth for a few thousand years later.

So how can the Sabbath be Jewish?

Maark 2:27 And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

MAN not JEW.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
I studied with SDA for 10 years and believed this for years. However they are most likely in error about this for the following reasons:
1. they claim the Reformers were following Rome's teaching about the immortality of the soul. Actually from the first Reformer, Luther, they rejected the doctrine, instead used soul sleep. They well understood the state of the dead.
http://biblelight.net/luther-tyndale.htm
2. some SDA use the NKJV, and use this punctuation issue as an unwarranted attack on the superior KJV.
3. even with the comma where the KJV and all other Bibles places it, it is still understood to be saying the thief is saved as of Today, not that they would be going to heaven that day.
One way of looking at it. I may agree.
Whatever, it does not prove immortality of man.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:__Hebrews 9:27

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i will know next week,i go for my scans on monday and Tuesday and i'll have the results on Thursday,i asked you the same question and got no reply,i didn't know you were that ill,but then again you could of told me and i forgot because of my short term memory problems,if you feel uncomfortable talking about it openly you can send me a private message if you like, and i give you my word it will stay private.
God Bless You. You will be in my thoughts and Seraphima's thoughts

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
i will know next week,i go for my scans on monday and Tuesday and i'll have the results on Thursday,i asked you the same question and got no reply,i didn't know you were that ill,but then again you could of told me and i forgot because of my short term memory problems,if you feel uncomfortable talking about it openly you can send me a private message if you like, and i give you my word it will stay private.

Herme:
God Bless You. You will be in my thoughts and Seraphima's thoughts

Bless you both...

KM and GIF
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

proverb 4;23
guard your heart it is spirit as life within..

spirit is within man and woman not in sabbath

to be wiseeeeeeee

they making sabbath to posess..paul as evil man say ..everything what devil church need to taking from you

now

pro pro pro log
now proverb is

within heart of man and woman is life as spirit as dusa which decivers or posessors want for themself

many many will come in my name its not meeeeee

in matrix is evil so long
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

my bfather always say
barca to barta
martha
matin margaret borother
jesus go in martha house=
tacherisam
tac tec tic toc tuc

see rip off

who is on my place
whoooooooooooo

byyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

barta martha
see
batolomek bato lomi
batac policy is now gillard play soccer now with phillipine sillinac philipinac near chine bine cine dine fine gin gine hine jine jin jine kin kine line mine nine pine qine rine sin sine tin tine vin vine win wine xin xine yin yine zin zinne
see
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

sabath is devil savle davle pavle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
i will know next week,i go for my scans on monday and Tuesday and i'll have the results on Thursday,i asked you the same question and got no reply,i didn't know you were that ill,but then again you could of told me and i forgot because of my short term memory problems,if you feel uncomfortable talking about it openly you can send me a private message if you like, and i give you my word it will stay private.
-
-
Hey jethro8 ... you are in my thoughts.
I hope everything turns out OK
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

we always liked hear what is nice if not we judge..but jesus not do that he except and turn over face ,,then you don't know my mind or my heart..i hope that jesus know my heart,,my mind is not yours
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:

Jethro8, even though we may not agree, on this forum,--my "thoughts and prayers are with you" regarding the results of your scan tests this week.
Gods blessings to you and your family!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

you not honor me less love me..someone who calculated be bless be;less
see payment.. me i am ok..
i am way too..
i will find my path on my way..
Jesus say you need forgive 77x.
now
kad se spustis nisko to je slisko
o jes sometimes very nice person can be elegant
as it is..but between elengat and lagat is very big game..yes
but me always pray
o yeas where is error truth must come..
please tell me what holy franjo say
ljubav nije ljubljena=you not honor me less love me
this two things don't forget
people who follow God path can know very well meaning..
paki i tak vaki naki ..its perfection in geometric way..its secret don't have to much symbol..
as well
3x way only one go down stright 25 degree..
bummmmmmmm
please don't forget
you need give forgivnes 77 x

please look in hand ha nd
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

people not trust any more leaders justice police company as well journalism
why should be?
for what?
liars upon liars evil upon evil multiply evil is always evil

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT IS "obvious" to me, as well as over 1 Billion Catholics around the world (and to every Catholic on this forum) is that "everything you post" is based upon "your own vindictive and hostile" anti-catholic hate for Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church..... Distorting the truth of the bible, manipulating TRUE Church History, altering and misrepresenting "biblical and historical proven TRUTH is what you "fundies" rely upon in spreading your anti-Catholic (snake oil)"propaganda".
Rather than read the Catholic Church Encyclical and/or the Catholic Catechism and "discover the TRUTH" which "debunks" every blatant lie and heresy that you so "ignorantly have chosen to spread", it is obvious that you would prefer to continue to "live the Protestant lie" like the rest of your 42,000 bible only "relative truth" fundamentalist, where your "personal (editorialized opinions" are the final authority!!
my posts are based on the history of the church you 1 billion Catholics close your eyes to,it is obvious that some Catholics are taking a second look at the church considering the church is losing hundreds of p/c's a day.again your post is worthless,you post no verifiable facts that disproves what i'm posting is false,and the only reason that could be is because you can not dispute my posts,because they are true catholic history supported by multiple sources,if it was not,you would definitely prove me wrong and you make no attempt to do so.what i post is not my opinion unless i say so,and i'm still waiting for the answers to my questions? what's the hold up?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

KM and GIF,guest and hojo, thank you for your thoughts they are very much appreciated,even though we do have differences on this particular subject,i too would not wish ill will on anyone,i'll be fine,i feel good,so i'm not worried. i'll be around to aggravate you guys for a few more decades to come.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you "fundies" do with everything else in Church History, you take the TRUE originals written by accredited Catholic Historians and Apologists and then "re-write" the accounts and events, in order to fit your "anti-catholic/pro-protes tant (made-up) fictitious History books. You do it also with the bible when it comes to "re-interpreting the TRUE and original translation of Sacred Scripture from the Early Church Fathers, who formed the "original Canon of Scripture in 382,393, and 397 AD, giving you "fundies" the bible that you "conveniently manipulate and distort---to your own DEMISE and DESTRUCTION!!! This is better known as BIBLE ONLY interpretation (for better yet-BIBLE ONLY mis-interpretation)---------wh ich is just "making it up, as you go along".......The fact is that you "fundies" aren't fooling ANYONE but yourselves, after living this "sola scriptura lie" for over 35 years!!!
I don't rewrite anything i post it what i find in it's original form,if you don't like what it says yell at the writer not me,i just post the hidden history of the church.here is your problem "Catholic Historians and Apologists"...this is not going to be truthful because they are only going to write about the positives of the church,they are not going to write about how the church came to power and the many many people it killed to get there,and the fact that everything valuable with in the church walls is stolen property,including a church (antioch),it was a christian church given to the R.P.C. church,after the roman empire seized it.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Namecalling will not change the Sabbath issue. The 'cult' is the one who rejects the Bible while claiming to be 'christian'- You.
Soc, there is no Sabbath issue. You can't say there is a Sabbath issue just because you want one.
The Apostles were given authority from Heaven. They made Sunday the day of the Lord. And it can be concluded that Jesus Christ Himself ordered them to do so. This is truth. You want to call yourself a Christian, but ignore what the Apostles taught?? You just can't do that man.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 416,141 - 416,160 of529,983
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••