Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,113
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431705 Apr 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>obviously you don't read my posts or you choose to ignore true history an refuse to give me an answer as to how you can have true apostolic lineage if the papal chair is bought and paid for? which it was for pope LEO X, it doesn't make sense,that should be obvious to everyone except you,
WHAT IS "obvious" to me, as well as over 1 Billion Catholics around the world (and to every Catholic on this forum) is that "everything you post" is based upon "your own vindictive and hostile" anti-catholic hate for Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church..... Distorting the truth of the bible, manipulating TRUE Church History, altering and misrepresenting "biblical and historical proven TRUTH is what you "fundies" rely upon in spreading your anti-Catholic (snake oil)"propaganda".
Rather than read the Catholic Church Encyclical and/or the Catholic Catechism and "discover the TRUTH" which "debunks" every blatant lie and heresy that you so "ignorantly have chosen to spread", it is obvious that you would prefer to continue to "live the Protestant lie" like the rest of your 42,000 bible only "relative truth" fundamentalist, where your "personal (editorialized0 opinions" are the final authority!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#431706 Apr 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the history of the popes is Protestant Propaganda? i didn't know that,that seems odd since catholic historians wrote the book.
Just like you "fundies" do with everything else in Church History, you take the TRUE originals written by accredited Catholic Historians and Apologists and then "re-write" the accounts and events, in order to fit your "anti-catholic/pro-protes tant (made-up) fictitious History books. You do it also with the bible when it comes to "re-interpreting the TRUE and original translation of Sacred Scripture from the Early Church Fathers, who formed the "original Canon of Scripture in 382,393, and 397 AD, giving you "fundies" the bible that you "conveniently manipulate and distort---to your own DEMISE and DESTRUCTION!!! This is better known as BIBLE ONLY interpretation (for better yet-BIBLE ONLY mis-interpretation)---------wh ich is just "making it up, as you go along".......The fact is that you "fundies" aren't fooling ANYONE but yourselves, after living this "sola scriptura lie" for over 35 years!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#431707 Apr 8, 2013
''where is error will be truth''..yeeee thatcherisam

poor me

she will pray for me now..

how many times i died

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#431708 Apr 8, 2013
truth wrote:
''where is error will be truth''..yeeee thatcherisam
poor me
she will pray for me now..
how many times i died
According to Paul you should Die Daily !!!!

1 Corinthians 15:31.

I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

1 Cor 15:32 (KJV)
If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431709 Apr 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof, again, that you view the Sacred Infallible Word of God as being fallible..
When you move the comma to make the verse say what you erroneous believe, you are altering His Word..you have taken away from and added to His Word...
Punctuation was not in the original writings. So shifting a comma is hardly addin to or taking away from scripture.

If you believe scripture to be infallible, which version is it?

There are errors in many different versions.

They can hardly be all correct.

Which version is infallible?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431710 Apr 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
096 073
<quoted text>
Absolutely correct...but and however, you failed to mention that this was done according to the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
So...for anyone to say that the comma is in the wrong place, is accusing the Holy Spirit of God of a gross error.....
I have gone on record as saying, and I repeat my words...the comma is in the correct place....
Punctuation was done by some abbot as he rode on a donkey.

Only the scripture is inspired. Not the punctuation which can vary in various versions, languages and translations.

If as you say the comma IS in the correct place, we have a dilemma.
Jesus was NOT in Paradise on Good Friday. Scriptures prove this.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431711 Apr 8, 2013
Isaiah 66:22-23

22. For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

The TRUE Sabbath of the 10 Commandments?

Or a false Sabbath instituted by a pope Constantine I?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#431713 Apr 8, 2013
History has shown all gods to be delusions.

It is extremely hard for a Christian believer to process this data, but nonetheless it is true.

Reality 101...

All of the rituals in Christianity are completely man-made. Christianity is a snow ball that rolled over a dozen other religions.

Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints.

Pictograms of Isis nursing her miraculously conceived son Horus became the blueprint for our modern images of the Virgin Mary nursing Baby Jesus.

Virtually all the elements of the Catholic ritual - the miter, the altar, the doxology, and communion, the act of "God-eating" - were taken directly from earlier pagan mystery religions.

Nothing in Christianity is original. December 25 is also the birthday of Mithras, Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus. The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

All delusions.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431714 Apr 8, 2013
The Apostles kept a seventh day Sabbath.

In regard to the Sabbath, Christ says, "The Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath."

Not a Sabbath, but the Sabbath.

So how can the Lord’s Day be anything other than the Sabbath?

Christ says also, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." Mark 2:27, 28.

He does not say, the Sabbath was made for the Jews, and a Sabbath for the Gentiles, but "THE Sabbath was made for man."--All mankind.

Some may think that our first day, is in reality the seventh, but this is settled when we examine Matt. 28:1, and Luke 23:56, & 24:1, where a plain distinction is made between the two days. Matt. says, "In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week," etc.

Luke says, "And rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment. Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning," etc.

After having examined the ancient custom in relation to the first day, we will now see what it was in regard to the seventh or Sabbath.
The first passage I will notice, is the one just quoted in Luke 23:56

"And they returned and prepared spices and ointments, and rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment." Mark this: "And rested the Sabbath day, ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT.

Acts 13:42, says, "And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles* besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath."
Verse 44, "And the next Sabbath-day came almost the whole city together, to hear the word of God. "

Acts 16:13, "And on the Sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made."

Chap. 17:2 "And Paul as his manner was; went in unto them, and three Sabbath-days reasoned with them out of the scriptures." This says, "as his manner was."

28:4, "And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath and persuaded the Jews and Greeks." This is "every Sabbath."

11th verse, "And he continued there a year and six months." Now if it was Paul's "manner" to reason in the synagogue "EVERY Sabbath,"
He must have in this place, observed seventy-eight Sabbaths.

It is evident that Christ had his eye on the observance of Sabbath, as late certainly as A. D. 70, when Jerusalem was destroyed when he said: "Pray ye that your flight be not in winter, neither on the Sabbath-day. " Matt. 24:20.

But if this "tribulation" spoken of, has reference to the "Papal persecution," as many believe, then they were directed in the observance of the Sabbath, to a much later period. Paul in Heb. 4:4, says, "For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works," ...--Not the first, but the seventh day.

OK, ignore what scripture teaches at your own peril (or ignorance) if you persist.
Follow men's tradition if that's what you think is correct.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431715 Apr 8, 2013
Most people have given little thought to what God says about the Sabbath in His Word. Here are some highlights:
• The Sabbath is mentioned 117 times in the Bible (King James Version)—61 in the Old Testament and 56 in the new. None of these mentions refers to Sunday, the first day of the week, but all to the seventh day of the week (Friday sunset to Saturday sunset).
• The Sabbath is mentioned 45 times in the four Gospels—far more than the number of times it is mentioned in the five books of Moses.
• The Sabbath was made for man, not for any particular group, race or nationality (Mark 2:27).
• Jesus Christ's custom was to keep the Sabbath (Luke 4:16).
• Jesus expected His followers would be keeping the Sabbath at the time of the end (Matthew 24:20).
• Several decades after Christ's death, Luke described the Sabbath as a commandment (Luke 23:56).
• The apostle Paul taught both Jews and gentiles on the Sabbath, never hinting that they didn't need to observe it (Acts 13:42-44; 17:1-4).
• After Christ establishes His Kingdom on the New Earth, "from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall come to worship" before Him (Isaiah 66:23).
• Out of 117 times the Sabbath is mentioned in the Scriptures, not a single one so much as hints that the Sabbath has been changed to another day or abolished.
• The Bible nowhere gives man authority to change what God has commanded and made holy.(Deuteronomy 4:2; 12:32).
• Nowhere in the Bible is there a commandment to remember or observe Sunday as the Sabbath.
• God wants the Sabbath to be a delight to mankind (Isaiah 58:13-14). Those who condemn it or criticize its observance obviously have a view that differs from God's.

Think about it. Is what YOU believe the truth?

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#431717 Apr 8, 2013
Majority of Christian worship on Sunday.
Catholics can worship daily like the Apostles did.

Should Christians worship on the Sabbath (Saturday) or on the Sunday?

"In the Holy Bible, we read,“So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it because on it God rested from all the work that He had done in creation.”[Genesis 2:3]“Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.”[Exodus 20:8]

Because of this, some Christian religions, such as the Seventh-Day Adventists, condemn those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday. They say that God has ordained that we worship on the last day of the week, Saturday, the day of rest and not on the first day of the week, Sunday.

So truly, why do Catholics worship on Sunday? If you were asked by someone, could you provide a valid reason for Sunday worship?

There are four main reasons as to why the Catholic Church worships on Sunday. These are:

1) Early Christians worshiped on Sundays.

In the Holy Bible, we read that the disciples of Jesus were plucking heads of grain and eating them on the Sabbath when such was forbidden under Jewish law.[Mt. 12:1-8; Mk. 2:24-26; Lk. 6:1-5]“Now that day was a Sabbath. So the Jews said to the man who had been cured,‘It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your mat.’ But he answered them,‘The man who made me well said to me,‘Take up your matt and walk.’”[John 5:10-11]

From the above passages, we see that Jesus did not set strict restrictions regarding the Sabbath. In fact, Jesus proclaimed Himself as the Lord of the Sabbath.“Then He (Jesus) said to them,‘The Son of Man (Jesus) is lord of the Sabbath.”[Lk. 6:5] Therefore, it is up to Jesus to determine what can and what cannot be done on the Sabbath.

Elsewhere in the Holy Bible, we read that Saint Paul informed the Colossians that they should not be disturbed by those who condemn them for observing the Sabbath.“Therefore do not let anyone condemn you in matters of food and drink, or of observing festivals, new moons, or Sabbaths.”[Colossians 2:16-17]

Why did he inform the Colossians not to be disturbed because of their worship on Sundays? It is because from the early days of the Church, Christian worship took place on Sundays, not on Saturday. This was implemented to recognize who the Christians were. The Jewish people worshiped on the Sabbath in the Synagogues. The Christians worshiped on Sundays in their homes, in the catacombs, any place that was convenient and safe.

2) The Catholic Church possesses the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven.

Jesus said to Peter,“I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in Heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven.”[Matthew 16:19] Jesus gave Peter the authority to change the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. And Peter, having been with Jesus during His ministry, and having seen the actions of Jesus on the Sabbath, did use that authority under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

3) The Resurrection was on a Sunday.

Jesus resurrected on the Sunday, not on the Saturday. Through the glorious Resurrection, Jesus elevated the Sunday as a day of importance, it having become “the Day of the Lord.” Jesus could have resurrected on the Saturday, but He chose the Sunday. Surely, this was a sign to the Apostles during the early days of the Church.

And so the early day Christians met on Sunday to worship.“On the first day of the week, when we met to break bread, Paul was holding a discussion with them: since he intended to leave the next day...”[Acts 20:7]

Did you know that the origin of the Church collection on Sunday is in the Holy Bible?“Now concerning the collection for the saints: you should follow the directions I gave to the churches of Galatia. On the first day of every week, each of you is to put aside and save whatever extra you earn, so that collections need not be taken when I come.”[1 Cor. 16:1-2]

Continue

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#431718 Apr 8, 2013
Continue.. On Sunday worship

4) Pentecost Sunday.

The Holy Spirit chose to come to the Catholic Church on the Sunday.

Therefore, those who worship on the Saturday, they do not recognize the tradition of the Church since its early days. They do not recognize Jesus’ gift to the Catholic Church of the Keys to the Kingdom of God. They do not consider the day of Jesus’ resurrection as an important day that should be remembered every week. Nor do they consider the Coming of the Holy Spirit to the Church on a Sunday as a worthy gift to be remembered every Sunday.

Now you know why Catholics worship on Sundays.
[And other Christians]

http://www.catholicdoors.com/misc/apologetics...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#431719 Apr 8, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Punctuation was not in the original writings. So shifting a comma is hardly addin to or taking away from scripture.
I have no desire to waste my time with a person that has the gall to say that she can edit and correct God's Sacred Infallible Word.....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#431720 Apr 8, 2013
710 096 073
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Punctuation was done by some abbot as he rode on a donkey.
Only the scripture is inspired. Not the punctuation which can vary in various versions, languages and translations.
If as you say the comma IS in the correct place, we have a dilemma.
Jesus was NOT in Paradise on Good Friday. Scriptures prove this.
A very wise man told me one day "Before you argue with a fool, be sure than he is not doing the same".

Am sure that applies also to a "she"....period...th e end..

United States

#431721 Apr 8, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
The Apostles kept a seventh day Sabbath.
In regard to the Sabbath, Christ says, "The Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath."
Not a Sabbath, but the Sabbath.
So how can the Lord’s Day be anything other than the Sabbath?
Christ says also, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." Mark 2:27, 28.
He does not say, the Sabbath was made for the Jews, and a Sabbath for the Gentiles, but "THE Sabbath was made for man."--All mankind.
Some may think that our first day, is in reality the seventh, but this is settled when we examine Matt. 28:1, and Luke 23:56, & 24:1, where a plain distinction is made between the two days. Matt. says, "In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week," etc.
Luke says, "And rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment. Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning," etc.
After having examined the ancient custom in relation to the first day, we will now see what it was in regard to the seventh or Sabbath.
The first passage I will notice, is the one just quoted in Luke 23:56
"And they returned and prepared spices and ointments, and rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment." Mark this: "And rested the Sabbath day, ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT.
Acts 13:42, says, "And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles* besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath."
Verse 44, "And the next Sabbath-day came almost the whole city together, to hear the word of God. "
Acts 16:13, "And on the Sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made."
Chap. 17:2 "And Paul as his manner was; went in unto them, and three Sabbath-days reasoned with them out of the scriptures." This says, "as his manner was."
28:4, "And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath and persuaded the Jews and Greeks." This is "every Sabbath."
11th verse, "And he continued there a year and six months." Now if it was Paul's "manner" to reason in the synagogue "EVERY Sabbath,"
He must have in this place, observed seventy-eight Sabbaths.
It is evident that Christ had his eye on the observance of Sabbath, as late certainly as A. D. 70, when Jerusalem was destroyed when he said: "Pray ye that your flight be not in winter, neither on the Sabbath-day. " Matt. 24:20.
But if this "tribulation" spoken of, has reference to the "Papal persecution," as many believe, then they were directed in the observance of the Sabbath, to a much later period. Paul in Heb. 4:4, says, "For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works," ...--Not the first, but the seventh day.
OK, ignore what scripture teaches at your own peril (or ignorance) if you persist.
Follow men's tradition if that's what you think is correct.
It certainly boggles the mind to think that Catholics believe the Pope can completely ignore the word of God and do whatever he wants.
Clay

United States

#431722 Apr 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly boggles the mind to think that Catholics believe the Pope can completely ignore the word of God and do whatever he wants.
The truth guest: The Pope does not ignore the word of God. No Pope has any authority to change what the Apostles taught. He'd be thrown out of the Papacy if He tried. This is Catholic teaching. I don't think you guys wanna believe what I just said.
Its more convenient for you to think the Pope just struts around Rome dictating whatever scriptural interpretations he sees fit and we Catholics oblige.

Now the truth guest, every single one of you teach contrary to what the Apostles taught. This is fact. You're reading sacred scriptures from the 21st century mind. Using your pre determined ideology. You wanna know what the Apostles actually taught using their letters and verbal communication? READ THE WRITINGS OF THEIR STUDENTS.
(I didn't yell btw)
Clay

United States

#431723 Apr 8, 2013
Most of you 'Christians' completely ignore the writings of the Disciples of the Apostles. Makes no sense. I think you'd be horrified that they turn out to be really Catholic.
You convince yourselves that they are forged; or since it ain't in the Bible, you won't consider it..
Both scenarios require one to submit to complete ignorance. To me, that is very sad.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431724 Apr 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
Majority of Christian worship on Sunday.
Catholics can worship daily like the Apostles did.
Should Christians worship on the Sabbath (Saturday) or on the Sunday?
"In the Holy Bible, we read,“So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it because on it God rested from all the work that He had done in creation.”[Genesis 2:3]“Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.”[Exodus 20:8]
Because of this, some Christian religions, such as the Seventh-Day Adventists, condemn those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday. They say that God has ordained that we worship on the last day of the week, Saturday, the day of rest and not on the first day of the week, Sunday.
So truly, why do Catholics worship on Sunday? If you were asked by someone, could you provide a valid reason for Sunday worship?
There are four main reasons as to why the Catholic Church worships on Sunday. These are:

The first Christians continued to observe the 7th day Sabbath. They met a few times on Sunday but this was not the Sabbath.

These sabbath arguments are made here: Sabbath Zone
www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/...

and here: www.sabbathtosundaychange.com

The Sabbath is one of God's 10C laws to commemorate creation and the Creator once every week.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431725 Apr 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
Most of you 'Christians' completely ignore the writings of the Disciples of the Apostles. Makes no sense. I think you'd be horrified that they turn out to be really Catholic.
You convince yourselves that they are forged; or since it ain't in the Bible, you won't consider it..
Both scenarios require one to submit to complete ignorance. To me, that is very sad.

Any texts that contradicts the Bible is in error. Paul said there were already antichrists in his day.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431726 Apr 8, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:

I studied with SDA for 10 years and believed this for years. However they are most likely in error about this for the following reasons:

1. they claim the Reformers were following Rome's teaching about the immortality of the soul. Actually from the first Reformer, Luther, they rejected the doctrine, instead used soul sleep. They well understood the state of the dead.
http://biblelight.net/luther-tyndale.htm

2. some SDA use the NKJV, and use this punctuation issue as an unwarranted attack on the superior KJV.

3. even with the comma where the KJV and all other Bibles places it, it is still understood to be saying the thief is saved as of Today, not that they would be going to heaven that day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 2 hr Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 17 Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••