Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596039 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431729 Apr 8, 2013

Romanizing America through Immigration
www.pccmonroe.org/Ecumenism/romanizingamerica...

History of Catholic Immigration in the United States

By the time of the American Revolution, 35,000 Catholics formed 1.2% of the 2.5 million white population of the thirteen seaboard colonies. The Catholic population of the United States, which had been 35,000 in 1790, increased to 195,000 in 1820 and then ballooned to about 1.6 million in 1850, by which time, Catholics had become the country’s largest religion. Between 1860 and 1890 the population of Roman Catholics in the United States tripled primarily through immigration. By the end of the century, there were 12 million Catholics in the United States.

By the beginning of the 20th century, approximately one-sixth of the population of the United States was Roman Catholic. By the end of the 20th century, Catholics constituted 24% of the population. Modern Roman Catholic immigrants come to the United States from the Philippines, Poland, and Latin America, especially from Mexico.

According to Luis Lugo, the director of the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, nearly a quarter of all Catholics in the United States are foreign born. He notes: "To know what the country will be like in three decades, look at the Catholic church."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Roman...

Immigration

John F. Kennedy initially proposed an overhaul of American immigration policy that later was to become the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, sponsored by Kennedy's brother Senator Edward Kennedy. It dramatically shifted the source of immigration from Northern and Western European countries towards immigration from Latin America and Asia and shifted the emphasis of selection of immigrants towards facilitating family reunification. Kennedy wanted to dismantle the selection of immigrants based on country of origin and saw this as an extension of his civil rights policies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jfk#Immigration

• The Real Latin Invasion
http://youtu.be/sRL3EIeJPCM
Clay

United States

#431730 Apr 8, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The first Christians continued to observe the 7th day Sabbath. They met a few times on Sunday but this was not the Sabbath.
These sabbath arguments are made here: Sabbath Zone
www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/...
and here: www.sabbathtosundaychange.com
The Sabbath is one of God's 10C laws to commemorate creation and the Creator once every week.
your silly cult links mean nothing. You teach new and strange doctrines.

United States

#431731 Apr 8, 2013
guest wrote:
It certainly boggles the mind to think that Catholics believe the Pope can completely ignore the word of God and do whatever he wants.
-
-
Clay wrote:
The truth guest: The Pope does not ignore the word of God. No Pope has any authority to change what the Apostles taught. He'd be thrown out of the Papacy if He tried. This is Catholic teaching. I don't think you guys wanna believe what I just said.
Its more convenient for you to think the Pope just struts around Rome dictating whatever scriptural interpretations he sees fit and we Catholics oblige.
Now the truth guest, every single one of you teach contrary to what the Apostles taught. This is fact. You're reading sacred scriptures from the 21st century mind. Using your pre determined ideology. You wanna know what the Apostles actually taught using their letters and verbal communication? READ THE WRITINGS OF THEIR STUDENTS.
(I didn't yell btw)
-
-
I have the Bible which was inspired by Holy Spirit - I can read the writings of the Apostles directly in order to learn what they teach and don't need to have their teachings interpreted by the Catholic church - or as YOU call them *students* of the Apostles.
-
That so many protestant denominations exist, is simply a reaction to the Catholic church's strong arm and murderous Popes ordering the torture of "heretics".
-
it's like witnesses to an accident - they all give a slightly different description because they were all traumatized by what they saw.
-
well, the entire earth has been traumatized by the Catholic church and so what else can you expect but different interpretations?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#431733 Apr 8, 2013
Vevany wrote:
<quoted text>
S'right Henry I did seek and did not find.
Got tired of looking for God in the TV?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#431734 Apr 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
Most of you 'Christians' completely ignore the writings of the Disciples of the Apostles. Makes no sense. I think you'd be horrified that they turn out to be really Catholic.
You convince yourselves that they are forged; or since it ain't in the Bible, you won't consider it..
Both scenarios require one to submit to complete ignorance. To me, that is very sad.
Most, if not all "Christians", ignore over half of the original Apostles - seven of them.

Sounds like you are standing alongside them.

Only YOU can change that.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#431735 Apr 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
Most of you 'Christians' completely ignore the writings of the Disciples of the Apostles. Makes no sense. I think you'd be horrified that they turn out to be really Catholic.
You convince yourselves that they are forged; or since it ain't in the Bible, you won't consider it..
Both scenarios require one to submit to complete ignorance. To me, that is very sad.
There, there......do you feel better?

No?

I didn't think so either.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#431736 Apr 8, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Any texts that contradicts the Bible is in error. Paul said there were already antichrists in his day.
Why don't you believe Jesus or other Apostles?

Albuquerque, NM

#431737 Apr 8, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Any texts that contradicts the Bible is in error. Paul said there were already antichrists in his day.
Please show support that specifically states "God" dictating this.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431738 Apr 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
You've convinced yourselves that the texts have to fit YOUR interpretations vs what was really taught by the Apostles verbally or letter- which they also already explained.

No interpretation needed of God's 10C law. The 4th commandment is the 7th day Sabbath. God's people are to remember it to commemorate creation week.
The pope thinks to change this for his people.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#431739 Apr 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
your silly cult links mean nothing. You teach new and strange doctrines.

Namecalling will not change the Sabbath issue. The 'cult' is the one who rejects the Bible while claiming to be 'christian'- You.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431740 Apr 8, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Jewish laws are not to be followed by gentile believers in Christ.Not that there are many laws and traditions that would not be favorable,but that we are not required to observe the Hebrew Sabbath.It seems that many Evangelicals follow what laws they want to follow,that suit them.SUCH as tithing.
But we are bound to nothing,yet totally bound to Christ,to the death if that is required.If gentile believers want to observe the Sabbath they are more than welcome to do so. But there is no law that requires us to do so in Christ.EVEN the Apostles never imposed the observance of the Jewish Sabbath on the new gentile believers.
If you want to go to a church that strongly observes Sabbath,by all means love it,enjoy it,and may the LORD richly bless you.But to claim that it is a legal command to all gentile believers,and that the going to a service or a mass on Sunday is evil or wrong,places you as a judge in matters that were long ago settled.The Apostle Paul rebuked those who held to a particular day of worship,in that they judged others who doid not do the same but sought to glorify God.All traditions of men and women take a back seat to God's perfect relationship for us all.I do not condemn your wanting to observe the Jewish Sabbath,and the Bible does not condemn my going to a church on Sunday to worship God in Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit,in Spirit and in truth.
There is nothing in Scripture that tells us by the way to Judaize JESUS either.He is God,and for all Nations to become His Disciples.The Jews did well to take the Jew out of Jesus,I do not have to even try on my own to do so.Someday I will share other things with you concerning Jewishness,not now.
The Sabbath was made on the 7th day of creation and is a memorial to it.
A Jew never appeared on this Earth for a few thousand years later.

So how can the Sabbath be Jewish?

Maark 2:27 And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

MAN not JEW.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#431741 Apr 8, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
I studied with SDA for 10 years and believed this for years. However they are most likely in error about this for the following reasons:
1. they claim the Reformers were following Rome's teaching about the immortality of the soul. Actually from the first Reformer, Luther, they rejected the doctrine, instead used soul sleep. They well understood the state of the dead.
http://biblelight.net/luther-tyndale.htm
2. some SDA use the NKJV, and use this punctuation issue as an unwarranted attack on the superior KJV.
3. even with the comma where the KJV and all other Bibles places it, it is still understood to be saying the thief is saved as of Today, not that they would be going to heaven that day.
One way of looking at it. I may agree.
Whatever, it does not prove immortality of man.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:__Hebrews 9:27

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#431742 Apr 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i will know next week,i go for my scans on monday and Tuesday and i'll have the results on Thursday,i asked you the same question and got no reply,i didn't know you were that ill,but then again you could of told me and i forgot because of my short term memory problems,if you feel uncomfortable talking about it openly you can send me a private message if you like, and i give you my word it will stay private.
God Bless You. You will be in my thoughts and Seraphima's thoughts

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#431743 Apr 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
i will know next week,i go for my scans on monday and Tuesday and i'll have the results on Thursday,i asked you the same question and got no reply,i didn't know you were that ill,but then again you could of told me and i forgot because of my short term memory problems,if you feel uncomfortable talking about it openly you can send me a private message if you like, and i give you my word it will stay private.

Herme:
God Bless You. You will be in my thoughts and Seraphima's thoughts

Bless you both...

KM and GIF
truth

Perth, Australia

#431744 Apr 8, 2013
proverb 4;23
guard your heart it is spirit as life within..

spirit is within man and woman not in sabbath

to be wiseeeeeeee

they making sabbath to posess..paul as evil man say ..everything what devil church need to taking from you

now

pro pro pro log
now proverb is

within heart of man and woman is life as spirit as dusa which decivers or posessors want for themself

many many will come in my name its not meeeeee

in matrix is evil so long
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#431745 Apr 8, 2013
my bfather always say
barca to barta
martha
matin margaret borother
jesus go in martha house=
tacherisam
tac tec tic toc tuc

see rip off

who is on my place
whoooooooooooo

byyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#431746 Apr 8, 2013
barta martha
see
batolomek bato lomi
batac policy is now gillard play soccer now with phillipine sillinac philipinac near chine bine cine dine fine gin gine hine jine jin jine kin kine line mine nine pine qine rine sin sine tin tine vin vine win wine xin xine yin yine zin zinne
see
truth

Perth, Australia

#431747 Apr 8, 2013
sabath is devil savle davle pavle

United States

#431748 Apr 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
i will know next week,i go for my scans on monday and Tuesday and i'll have the results on Thursday,i asked you the same question and got no reply,i didn't know you were that ill,but then again you could of told me and i forgot because of my short term memory problems,if you feel uncomfortable talking about it openly you can send me a private message if you like, and i give you my word it will stay private.
-
-
Hey jethro8 ... you are in my thoughts.
I hope everything turns out OK
truth

Perth, Australia

#431749 Apr 8, 2013
we always liked hear what is nice if not we judge..but jesus not do that he except and turn over face ,,then you don't know my mind or my heart..i hope that jesus know my heart,,my mind is not yours

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Mr Sir 9,528
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web